Lock this please, my bad

This topic is locked from further discussion.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By alim298
Member since 2012 • 2747 Posts

Below is a table of the battles that took place when our prophet was still alive. Number of total causalities (on both sides) has been gathered from five different historical sources. I saw the table in a book written in my native language. There's also a Wikipedia link. They're more or less the same except for those none important battles that are not worth mentioning yet funnily enough when you search the Wikipedia for them the number of causalities is marked as "MANY" which probably means ten died or something like that.

Now as you can see the total number of causalities in battles which were ordered by our prophet is a mere 1300. I wonder how that holds up against the total number of causalities in Iraq and Afghanistan yet U.S is THE peace maker and Islam is the bad guy. All the time I see people saying that Islam has spread by sword. That it is a religion of war and that our prophet wanted land and fame. What say you? Did you already know about this or you much like me thought at least a hundred thousand were killed in Arabia in that period?

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

TC no one cares about Islam or other minority religions as Hinduism ETC ( Myself being a Hindu ) on OT , whenever you make a islam compassion thread you are going to get negetive opinion lol. Just a fair warning =P

th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3  Edited By th3warr1or
Member since 2007 • 20637 Posts

I find it interesting that the single largest slaughter of people, which accounts for more than half the people killed by Muhammad, was against the Banu Qurayza -- Jews.

By the way, all is fair is love and war, so I'm not making any judgment of morality, etc, either way. Just an interesting observation.

On topic, I don't think that many people who say that Islam was spread by the sword, specifically blame Muhammad. Islam's peak wasn't reached during Muhammad's lifetime.

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts

hmmm... so many attack and raid by those group......

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 alim298

@indzman said:

TC no one cares about Islam or other minority religions as Hinduism ETC ( Myself being a Hindu ) on OT , whenever you make a islam compassion thread you are going to get negetive opinion lol. Just a fair warning =P

Yeah I already know man. Although back in the days there were quite a few Muslims around... Anyways I just thought I take this off of my chest.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

yeah............. aint nobody cares about any of that.

And I regard Islam higher than even other religion, and like studying it. BUT seriously.... making these types of statements just make people hate on Islam more. And think to your self, why does any of that matter and who will give a crap?

th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7  Edited By th3warr1or
Member since 2007 • 20637 Posts

@indzman said:

There are almost a billion Hindus. I don't consider that a minority.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By alim298

@Nengo_Flow said:

yeah............. aint nobody cares about any of that.

And I regard Islam higher than even other religion, and like studying it. BUT seriously.... making these types of statements just make people hate on Islam more. And think to your self, why does any of that matter and who will give a crap?

I don't understand. Why would this make people hate Islam more? Please tell.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By indzman

@alim298 said:

@indzman said:

Yeah I already know man. Although back in the days there were quite a few Muslims around... Anyways I just thought I take this off of my chest.

There r still may users around Gaza, GrayFox, Sniper and many others. I understand you man , its all good:)

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 indzman

@th3warr1or said:

@indzman said:

There are almost a billion Hindus. I don't consider that a minority.

HaHa yeah , unfortunately this religion is not much well known to rest part of the world or spread around the world as islam , christianity , jews.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

The founder of the "religion of peace" ordered the deaths of 1300 people?

Um... were you trying to soften our view of an incredibly violent religion? Because I don't think you are helping your cause.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By alim298

@foxhound_fox said:

self defense and for the sake of peace.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

It's my religion and it does make sense to defend it but seriously no one cares ! no one gives a shit ......don't bother man .

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

How do u explain people who strap bombs to their chest and walk or drive into busy areas ?

helwa1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#15 helwa1988
Member since 2007 • 2157 Posts

@alim298 said:

Below is a table of the battles that took place when our prophet was still alive. Number of total causalities (on both sides) has been gathered from five different historical sources. I saw the table in a book written in my native language. There's also a Wikipedia link. They're more or less the same except for those none important battles that are not worth mentioning yet funnily enough when you search the Wikipedia for them the number of causalities is marked as "MANY" which probably means ten died or something like that.

Now as you can see the total number of causalities in battles which were ordered by our prophet is a mere 1300. I wonder how that holds up against the total number of causalities in Iraq and Afghanistan yet U.S is THE peace maker and Islam is the bad guy. All the time I see people saying that Islam has spread by sword. That it is a religion of war and that our prophet wanted land and fame. What say you? Did you already know about this or you much like me thought at least a hundred thousand were killed in Arabia in that period?

Don't bother. You are just baiting the islamaphobes.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By alim298

@AutoPilotOn said:

How do u explain people who strap bombs to their chest and walk or drive into busy areas ?

Not our prophet's fault. That's all I'm saying. Nothing more nothing less.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

@alim298: what about intolerance to women being anymore to a slave to men?

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By alim298

@helwa1988: Yeah gonna lock it

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By alim298

Please lock this

VaguelyTagged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 VaguelyTagged
Member since 2009 • 10702 Posts

@AutoPilotOn said:

@alim298: what about intolerance to women being anymore to a slave to men?

not his prophet's fault. lol

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@alim298 said:

@foxhound_fox said:

self defense and for the sake of peace.

"Violence for the sake of peace" is an oxymoron. Gandhi achieved his goals without lifting a single hand in anger. He fought for the independence of over a billion people by walking and fasting. Peace can never be achieved through violence.

At least man up and accept what your religion has done, and don't try to sugar coat it. The history of Islam is incredibly violent, and it wouldn't have existed without it. Seems kind of counter-productive to deny history.