literary criticism

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dabighit89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Dabighit89
Member since 2006 • 345 Posts
was wondering if anyone knew a good place to find literary criticism from critics on novels??...I have to write a paper and find criticism on "A clockwork orange".  thanks
ranger_waha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#2 ranger_waha
Member since 2005 • 3187 Posts
Aw hell, it's wayyy easier than that! Here, take my advice. 1: Use a thesaurus. If the word you're thinking of has less than 2 syllables, it's not good enough. 2: Talk a lot about the mood caused by the setting, and the chars. English teachers love that. 3: Explain that you "liked the writing style because it goty the message of the story across, and made you think of similar occurences in your life". To you and I this sounds lame, but english teachers are another breed. This is all assuming you've read the book. If you haven't, google is your friend.
quiglythegreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 quiglythegreat
Member since 2006 • 16886 Posts
I've looked for sites that rate books, and I've never found anything good.
Dabighit89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Dabighit89
Member since 2006 • 345 Posts
Aw hell, it's wayyy easier than that! Here, take my advice. 1: Use a thesaurus. If the word you're thinking of has less than 2 syllables, it's not good enough. 2: Talk a lot about the mood caused by the setting, and the chars. English teachers love that. 3: Explain that you "liked the writing style because it goty the message of the story across, and made you think of similar occurences in your life". To you and I this sounds lame, but english teachers are another breed. This is all assuming you've read the book. If you haven't, google is your friend.ranger_waha
I know if tried looking ...but i can't find any criticism. I cant just explain things myself because my english teacher wants us to find criticism because this is my research term paper.
SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 SaintLeonidas
Member since 2006 • 26735 Posts
there hard to come by. Ive had three reports that needed criticisms and I could only find some in a book at the library
Avatar image for Poetically_Just
Poetically_Just

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Poetically_Just
Member since 2007 • 441 Posts
try google never fails
SunJian18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SunJian18
Member since 2007 • 1222 Posts
I love English and literature, but I can't find it in myself to help you at the moment...