List three things that annoy you and explain why.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

1. Dying in video games is irritating as hell, with a few games that are exceptions. Dying breaks my immersion, and then I lose my pace. Dying in Far Cry 3 is really annoying because if you explore the island and go a long time without an autosave and die, your ass is starting all the way back at that last autosave. That means any radio towers you may have activated, any side quests you may have done, or any pirates or privateers you may have capped, are all undone; all that shit you're gonna have to do over again.

The worst feeling is that it's like all the stuff I did never happened. Dying in games is just a serious, serious immersion breaker for me, nothing more and nothing less. I've completely restarted games because of it. The exceptions are Dark Souls 2 and GTA 5. Dying is an annoying but important part of Dark Souls 2, and half the point of the game is to try and get yourself to play smarter so you don't die as often. When you die in GTA 5, you walk out of a hospital and still have all your weapons, and the only repercussion is losing a certain amount of money. I think the realism of it is what keeps me from raging, not to mention how comical deaths can be in that game.

2. I hate when I can't pass someone on the highway because everyone in front of me are going the same goddamn speed. Nuff said here.

3. Terms like "reverse racism", "reverse sexism", and "reverse discrimination" are bullshit terms and whoever came up with them should feel really bad. I really shouldn't have to explain why these terms are bullshit, but since explaining your pet peeve is part of the thread theme, I guess I should. Using a term like "reverse racism" or "reverse sexism" is implying that racism and sexism are one-way streets. The definitions of racism and sexism in any dictionary simply say it's discrimination, hatred, or prejudice against a certain race or sex. It doesn't say only white people can be racist and only men can be sexist. Yes, racism against whites may not be as common as it is against other races, and sexism is more of a problem for women than men, but that doesn't mean the terms themselves should only be reserved for describing white perpetrated racism or male perpetrated sexism, and then saying white victims of racism and male victims of sexism is somehow reversed. GTFO with that crap.

TL;DR version: Dying in video games sucks. People who can't pass on the highway suck. Terms like "reverse racism" and "reverse sexism" suck.

-Blasphemy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By -Blasphemy-
Member since 2005 • 3369 Posts

People giving me funny looks when I have said nothing to them.

Liars cause some people just lie over the dumbest shit.

Telling someone something and them ignoring everything I said.

KiIIyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 KiIIyou
Member since 2006 • 27204 Posts

When birds start building their nests on me and drop worm pieces all over my lap when Im napping.

Then the sounds the turtles make when im out in the swamp at night, their chewing gets so loud!

Also when the grass doesnt get dewwy enough for me to slip and slide in the mornin.

BOP

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

Oh no , TC gets annoyed at getting killed in video games . Are you so casual ? Not insulting you BTW. Challenge , dying in video games are part of the fun enjoying them to the fullest. Breezing through a game is boring and is like using GODMODE cheats lol.

Recently i'm replaying old school games as Project IGI and IGI 2 , most challenging yet satisfying Tactical FPS EVER. How you gonna even survive such challenging games man ?

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 gamerguru100

@indzman said:

Oh no , TC gets annoyed at getting killed in video games . Are you so casual ? Not insulting you BTW. Challenge , dying in video games are part of the fun enjoying them to the fullest. Breezing through a game is boring and is like using GODMODE cheats lol.

Recently i'm replaying old school games as Project IGI and IGI 2 , most challenging yet satisfying Tactical FPS EVER. How you gonna even survive such challenging games man ?

I play video games every day, so I'm not casual by any means. Dying in a game isn't fun, challenge or challenge.

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6  Edited By chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts

Umm if you can't die (or fail) in video games then where's the challenge? I guess if you wanted to do just puzzle games then fine but...

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

1) People who drive slow - is it so hard to drive the speed limit? Do you really need to hold up everyone else's life so you can take a leisurely drive?
2) People who toke slow - hit it or pass it, man.
3) People who talk slow or can't talk fluently - I'll put up with it but I'll get annoyed if there's too much stuttering or lost train of thought, if you can't communicate your thoughts well, you probably should work on that...

And OP, you obviously don't understand what reverse racism is. Reverse racism doesn't just apply to white people...

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By indzman

@gamerguru100 said:

@indzman said:

I play video games every day, so I'm not casual by any means. Dying in a game isn't fun, challenge or challenge.

Noob , get out of my sight before i one shot you with my moonlight greatsword (R2) =P

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 indzman

1.PC Elitists or Fanboys

2.Nintendo Fanboys

3.GTA haters

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts
  1. When you're the second in line at the red light and the guy in front of you keeps inching up on RED...BUT when it turns green he just sits there for five seconds. (It's like dude, you were so anxious to get going and now that you have the ability to, you sit. Wake the F*** Up and GO!!!)
  2. People that wear the following to work out in the gym: Jeans, flip flops, loafers, work boots, khaki pants. (Really? You got the motivation to come to the gym, but not enough to change into workout clothes?? Other than the fact that material like jeans ruins equipment, you look like a total asshat wearing them)
  3. People that use multiple machines at the gym at once (circuit training) during the busiest time of the day. (Oh, I can't use this equipment now because you're using it in addition to 5 other machines? My bad. Silly me to think that this is a membership community where we all pay dues to SHARE the equipment. By all means, take your time. I'll just wait here on this machine that no one uses for the guy in jeans and flip flops to finish)
-Blasphemy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 -Blasphemy-

@indzman said:

Yup, this is why I stopped using cheats and hacks in video games it makes them so boring and it just ruins the experience.

-Blasphemy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 -Blasphemy-

@KHAndAnime said:

1) People who drive slow - is it so hard to drive the speed limit? Do you really need to hold up everyone else's life so you can take a leisurely drive?

3) People who talk slow or can't talk fluently - I'll put up with it but I'll get annoyed if there's too much stuttering or lost train of thought, if you can't communicate your thoughts well, you probably should work on that...

And OP, you obviously don't understand what reverse racism is. Reverse racism doesn't just apply to white people...

Are you serious? This is not something some people can avoid or help! I stutter and it's not something I am proud of doing cause people can't understand me!

@indzman said:

1.PC Elitists or Fanboys

2.Nintendo Fanboys

3.GTA haters

GTA is boring as hell sorry! It has its moments but overall I just feel like I'm wasting my time playing it.

@jasean79 said:
  1. When you're the second in line at the red light and the guy in front of you keeps inching up on RED...BUT when it turns green he just sits there for five seconds. (It's like dude, you were so anxious to get going and now that you have the ability to, you sit. Wake the F*** Up and GO!!!)
  2. People that wear the following to work out in the gym: Jeans, flip flops, loafers, work boots, khaki pants. (Really? You got the motivation to come to the gym, but not enough to change into workout clothes?? Other than the fact that material like jeans ruins equipment, you look like a total asshat wearing them)
  3. People that use multiple machines at the gym at once (circuit training) during the busiest time of the day. (Oh, I can't use this equipment now because you're using it in addition to 5 other machines? My bad. Silly me to think that this is a membership community where we all pay dues to SHARE the equipment. By all means, take your time. I'll just wait here on this machine that no one uses for the guy in jeans and flip flops to finish)

I do this to cause it seems to be the most effective way to get a good work out. I go to this 24 hour gym though and try to go when there is no one there. I am looking at getting a membership at something like planet fitness though were they have more then just one of the machines I circuit train on because it's just not a realistic thing to do when there is only one of the machines you are training on and there are other people in the gym!

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jasean79

@-Blasphemy-: Circuit training is fine, but allow others to work in with you if possible. That's what annoys me, especially when it's machines that can be changed with a simple moving of the weight pin. People tend to be so selfish, like they're somehow more important than anyone else because their workout program says so.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

1: People.I hate them.They are needy,annoying,whiny,make noises,do stupid things,say stupid things.ask stupid questions,bother me when i don't wish to be bothered.They just piss me off.I hate everyone i see or hear.

2:Animals.Same reasons as above,except they are even worse because they stink and shit and piss all over the place.

3:Life itself.I just hate it.It's pointless

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25930 Posts

1. Slow walkers. I have long legs so get the **** outta the way.

2. I hate how slow and blank and dumb my brain has become. Why can't I think of 2 more things that annoy me?

3. Oh yeah, loud eaters. And those who talk with their mouths full.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#17 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

At the movies right now. Might punch someone. Trailers haven't started.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

1. When you open a big bag of chips and notice that the bag is only half full.
2. Lit critics at school that have 0 idea what they are talking about.
3. Pre-order DLC

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 jasean79
  1. How much I sweat. (I don't really have to do much of anything and the sweat just pours like Niagara Falls. I was just outside right now watering the lawn and I look like I turned the hose on myself. I hate it)
  2. When my glasses slide off my nose because of sweating (see above)
  3. When people say they don't care what anyone else thinks of them, but then they ask you for advice on how they look.
one_plum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By one_plum
Member since 2009 • 6816 Posts

Obvious reasons why these are annoying.

1. People standing on the left side of escalators, especially on rush hour.

2. Accidentally clicking on browser links that I never intended to click on.

3. Hidden or dishonest service charges

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#21 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9378 Posts

1. Java

2. Uninformed people talking shit about PC gaming. It's really great.

3. TWC charging $100 for business class internet that's equivalent to the $30 7Mbits Down you'd get from residential, and then stacking an extra $10 a month to let you use the wireless capabilities of the router that they provide.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 gamerguru100

@indzman said:

@gamerguru100 said:

@indzman said:

Noob , get out of my sight before i one shot you with my moonlight greatsword (R2) =P

ROFL. I need to get into Dark Souls 2 again eventually. I've played lots of Skyrim, GTA 5, and CoD lately. DS2 is calling me again. :P

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50464 Posts

Just 3? Oi:

People who get offended over everything. Sick of everyone changing everything for these pussies.

People who give "celebrities" attention. You are what's wrong with the world.

Anything that brings attention to one specific people, (black history month, gay pride parades,etc, etc,).

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 gamerguru100

@chessmaster1989 said:

Umm if you can't die (or fail) in video games then where's the challenge? I guess if you wanted to do just puzzle games then fine but...

I don't really care about challenge. I care about having fun. Dying isn't fun.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 gamerguru100

@KHAndAnime said:

I've never heard of any other race except whites being equated with reverse racism. I suppose this term could apply to any majority ethnic group in a country, but I'm talking about the term being used to describe racism against whites in the US. Regardless, the term is a crock of crap and "racism" can be used to describe discrimination against any race or ethnic group in any country.

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By jasean79
  • People who pick their nose while driving (It always happens that I'm in front of these people too and at the EXACT moment that I look in my rearview mirror, they're digging in there like a homeless guy trying to get a quarter out of pay phone. I guess because they're alone in the car, they think that no one else can see them ....even though they're surrounded by transparent glass)
  • Parents who keep their kids on a leash (no explanation needed)
  • People that can't close their mouth when relaxing their facial muscles (this is just gross and corrective surgery should be in order for them to correct this "open mouth" problem)
gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 gamerguru100

@Chutebox said:

Just 3? Oi:

People who get offended over everything. Sick of everyone changing everything for these pussies.

People who give "celebrities" attention. You are what's wrong with the world.

Anything that brings attention to one specific people, (black history month, gay pride parades,etc, etc,).

Hey, if you want to list ten, be my guest. :)

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

Heat

It's heat

The Bigots

They be bigots

The uncouth

They have no couth

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#29 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

I'm in a really good stage of my life so right now I can't think of anything that really annoys me...

Avatar image for harry_james_pot
harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#30  Edited By harry_james_pot  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 11414 Posts

@gamerguru100 said:

@chessmaster1989 said:

The Challenge IS part of the fun. Imagine games like Borderlands, FarCry, Tomb Raider, Assassin's Creed, Bioshock, etc.. With no dying. You'd be just be running mindlessly through levels shooting stuff... What's the point of that?

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By gamerguru100

@harry_james_pot said:

@gamerguru100 said:

@chessmaster1989 said:

The Challenge IS part of the fun. Imagine games like Borderlands, FarCry, Tomb Raider, Assassin's Creed, Bioshock, etc.. With no dying. You'd be just be running mindlessly through levels shooting stuff... What's the point of that?

Not for me it isn't. Luckily, there are different difficulty levels to choose from in games that cater to people like me, who don't like challenge, and people like you, who do like challenge.

konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 konvikt_17
Member since 2008 • 22378 Posts

People who walk in the road when there is a sidewalk a couple feet to their right.

Waking up.

Being tired all throughout the day, then when its finally time to sleep, im wide awake.

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#33  Edited By tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21647 Posts

When someone expects you to be okay with something that they wouldn't be okay with if you did it.

Inconsiderate people. You know, the people that don't seem to care that they are causing traffic or obstructing the road/bike paths and do nothing to try to get out the way despite having plenty of space on a sidewalk/street/bike path to not be in the way. Or the people up in the middle of the night blasting their music like no one is living in a house next to them...

Not being a millionaire where I no longer have to scrape by for a living...

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts
@-Blasphemy- said:

@KHAndAnime said:

Are you serious? This is not something some people can avoid or help! I stutter and it's not something I am proud of doing cause people can't understand me!

Sorry, I can't help that it's annoying, it just is.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#35  Edited By br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17851 Posts

1. Ignorant people who run their mouths. Hey, I don't know everything either, but I don't talk about shit I don't know. I recently got to talking to someone about my gaming PC (they brought it up) and anything I had he had better. This dude just "bought some more megahertz" and "added another core to his hard drive". Yeah I gave him a quick education on his stupidity and he stormed off.

Religious people who don't realize their hypocrisy (gays are going to hell but you've been divorced twice and are married again, really?) fall into this category as well.

2. Drunks. They're loud, they stink, they often vomit everywhere and can't clean it up and they run their damn mouths. At least they're easy to put on the ground.

3. People pumping loud 'music' from their cars. I don't want to hear that shit, especially late into the night. I hope you get pulled over, asshole.

EPICCOMMANDER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By EPICCOMMANDER
Member since 2013 • 1110 Posts
  • Lead Guitar fans - 99% of you irritate the **** out of me. YES I know the solo is amazing, but what about that amazing riff?? Yes I know Angus Young is an amazing player, but why does nobody remember Malcolm?? Rhythm guitar gets NO respect.
  • When someone comes into your dorm room to talk to your roommate but NOT to you, and he spends an hour talking to your roommate about things you have no interest in. Like that's great, just pretend I'm not here.
  • The loading times in NBA 2k13. This might be my most played game of all-time, and it's horrible to think that a good deal of the time I spend playing this game is waiting for the fecking thing to load!
@Iszdope said:

3. David Caruso. - I hates those sunglasses.

@KHAndAnime said:

I agree

@konvikt_17 said:

People who walk in the road when there is a sidewalk a couple feet to their right.

I HATE THAT. The street I live on is incredibly busy and I saw someone walking in the street the other day, and that drives me insane.

@br0kenrabbit said:

1. Ignorant people who run their mouths. Hey, I don't know everything either, but I don't talk about shit I don't know.

2. Drunks. They're loud, they stink, they often vomit everywhere and can't clean it up and they run their damn mouths. At least they're easy to put on the ground.

3. People pumping loud 'music' from their cars. I don't want to hear that shit, especially late into the night. I hope you get pulled over, asshole.

I agree with these but for number 3, I am guilty of doing that occasionally. At stoplights though, I turn it off.

spaceninja818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 spaceninja818
Member since 2009 • 425 Posts

Early morning alarm. Especially when you realize that you've only slept 3 hours.

Skunk that farts close to your home.

Annoying freeway construction that causes traffic and delays your trip home by 2-3 hours. They break down perfectly fine roads and repair them, yet those crappy, bumpy roads that make your car dance are never fixed.

udUbdaWgz1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#38 udUbdaWgz1
Member since 2014 • 633 Posts

liberals in hollywood and government and who are filthy rich.

liberal sheepdom and wannabe and lemmingness and pie in the sky stupidity.

liberal idiot twisted logic, stupidity and

wait, that's doesn't annoy, it's laughable.