• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by FriendlyWalker (15 posts) -
Any linkin park fans on Gamespot????
#2 Posted by Kevlar101 (6071 posts) -
They suck
#3 Posted by XilePrincess (13128 posts) -
I like them on a song-by-song basis. I can't say I like all their stuff, but a lot of it I do like.
#4 Posted by 22Toothpicks (11279 posts) -
meh
#5 Posted by D3dr0_0 (3495 posts) -
When I was a kid I did.
#6 Posted by Nuck81 (5835 posts) -
They're alright, but all their songs sound the same
#7 Posted by FriendlyWalker (15 posts) -
They suckKevlar101
its okay you you like Pink Floyd
#8 Posted by 22Toothpicks (11279 posts) -
[QUOTE="Kevlar101"]They suckFriendlyWalker
its okay you you like Pink Floyd

let's not even go down the road of comparing the two hint: it wont end well for LP
#9 Posted by dramaybaz (6020 posts) -
Time to move on Mr.
#10 Posted by Busy_Man123 (1430 posts) -

These guys were one of the main reason why I got into rock and metal music in general since I thought rock music were primarily pop punk which I couldn't stand back in my teenage years. I still enjoy their music a lot to this day especially the HT-Meteora era. I think MTM was fine too, but I'm not sure about their newer work. So I'm definitely a fan.

#11 Posted by konvikt_17 (22168 posts) -

Hybrid Theory was great.

like Meteora a little bit also.

kinda stopped following them after that.

do like the couple songs they've done for the Transformers movies.

#12 Posted by MikeMoose (3075 posts) -

Hybrid Theory is, to this day, one of my favorite albums of all time. Don't care for their new music, but I still bump Hybrid Theory and Meteora from time to time. Go stuff.

#13 Posted by SPYDER0416 (16736 posts) -

It's spelled "Lincoln" and I like Lincoln Park because I have a great admiration for the 16th president for the United States, especially for forming a band while he was president.

#14 Posted by TehFuneral (8036 posts) -

This forum hates LP

#15 Posted by LLYNCES (381 posts) -

They suckKevlar101
This

Was my favourite band at one time, still occasionally listen to some of their songs but their recent music is garbage. They seem to be a band that appeals mostly to young kids with emotional problems. Just being honest.

#16 Posted by OB-47 (10908 posts) -

For a radio band they were actually pretty cool at first when I was young. I liked their hybrid style a lot back then. Although the rapping ALWAYS sucked

#17 Posted by hippiesanta (9809 posts) -
linkin park sucks
#18 Posted by thedork_knight (866 posts) -
fans grew up
#19 Posted by PiscesChick93 (10687 posts) -

I love the Hybrid Theory album and like Meteora. Haven't listened to any more of their music, though.

#20 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
ye i like some of their songs... havnt done anything for a while that ive liked though
#21 Posted by Legend002 (7027 posts) -

Yeah. Huge fan right here. :D

#22 Posted by LJS9502_basic (150332 posts) -
Hell no....
#23 Posted by The_Gaming_Baby (6335 posts) -

Used to love them back when I was 15. But their new music just isn't for me

#24 Posted by Addict187 (621 posts) -
So many picky people in the world. there just a band, nothing to get so bent out of shape over.
#25 Posted by Legendaryscmt (12532 posts) -

They only have 2 or 3 good songs after Meteora. Used to love them, still love their old stuff, but their new direction really turned me away.

#26 Posted by the_phenom_ (2992 posts) -
Only songs they did I like are New Divide and Numb. Everything else is just... Meh.
#27 Posted by michael_1234576 (8620 posts) -
Liked them a lot when I was 14, still listen to them on occasion
#28 Posted by meconate (10476 posts) -
I liked about 1 song when I was about 14, but nah.
#29 Posted by lancea34 (6912 posts) -

Still love them. I like all their albums except for the last one, Living Things. The whole album sounded like an amateur demo. The songs felt incomplete.

#30 Posted by AussieePet (11424 posts) -
im a fan :) but haven't listen to them in ages lol i haven't listen to their songs none this year
#31 Posted by redstorm72 (4525 posts) -

Yeah, they are alright. There was a time when they were one of my favorite bands, but they have kind of faded in my opinion. I don't hate all their new stuff like most people, but I do find their more recent releases are inconsistant. Meteora is still one of my favorite albums ever though.

#32 Posted by kittensRjerks (3802 posts) -

nope

#33 Posted by undergroundLPx (641 posts) -

Back when I registered this account in 2003, I was a huge fan. Now I'm embarassed about my nickname. They used to be unique, now they suck.

#34 Posted by AFBrat77 (24078 posts) -
#35 Posted by LostProphetFLCL (17148 posts) -

Used to love them back when I was 15. But their new music just isn't for me

The_Gaming_Baby

Have you checked out their newest CD? As someone who had went from loving them for the first couple CD's to hating their work following Meteora, I actually REALLY like Living Things. I would be happy if Living Things is a good indication as where the band is going in the future.

#36 Posted by -Tish- (3621 posts) -

I've always felt like Linkin Park is a rare exception to mainstream music being terrible. A lot of that comes from their uniqueness. I also feel like their evolution has been positive. They could literally do whatever they want (The song Victimized on the new record exemplifies this).

Hybrid Theory is, to this day, one of my favorite albums of all time. Don't care for their new music, but I still bump Hybrid Theory and Meteora from time to time. Go stuff.

MikeMoose

Hybrid Theory is still one of my favorite albums as well. First album I ever owned.

GOD DAMN I just realized who I quoted! 0_o

Hahahaha

#37 Posted by Pierst179 (10746 posts) -

I used to like them when I was younger, but not anymore.

#38 Posted by JML897 (33120 posts) -
They were one of my favorite bands when I was 12 years old and just starting to get into music. I can't say they've stuck with me.
#39 Posted by lightleggy (15908 posts) -

This forum hates LP

TehFuneral
The whole world does. and for a reason.
#40 Posted by one_plum (6347 posts) -

I am a fan.

They have matured quite well as a band.

#41 Posted by xdude85 (4343 posts) -
Linkin Park sucks.
#42 Posted by LostProphetFLCL (17148 posts) -

They were one of my favorite bands when I was 12 years old and just starting to get into music. I can't say they've stuck with me. JML897

I have to ask, do you still enjoy Hybrid Theory and Meteora?

#43 Posted by JML897 (33120 posts) -

[QUOTE="JML897"]They were one of my favorite bands when I was 12 years old and just starting to get into music. I can't say they've stuck with me. LostProphetFLCL

They make me nostalgic but I wouldn't really say I enjoy them. Chester's voice is grating to me
#44 Posted by LostProphetFLCL (17148 posts) -

[QUOTE="LostProphetFLCL"]

[QUOTE="JML897"]They were one of my favorite bands when I was 12 years old and just starting to get into music. I can't say they've stuck with me. JML897

They make me nostalgic but I wouldn't really say I enjoy them. Chester's voice is grating to me

Yeah that would be an issue. I would say Chester and Mike are the sole reasons I like the band. The instrument playing in Linkin Park is pretty mediocre. Thing is though I personally LOVE Chesters voice and Mike's rapping and that combined with their ability to write some catchy tunes makes me like the band.

#45 Posted by MrPraline (21308 posts) -

Hybrid Theory was great.

like Meteora a little bit also.

kinda stopped following them after that.

do like the couple songs they've done for the Transformers movies.

konvikt_17
#46 Posted by rabunzel (256 posts) -
Me!!!! I'm they're crazy fan. I like a thousand sun and i can't see how people think they stopped making good songs after Meteora The catalyst is pretty. has anyone listened to it?
#47 Posted by -Tish- (3621 posts) -
[QUOTE="rabunzel"]Me!!!! I'm they're crazy fan. I like a thousand sun and i can't see how people think they stopped making good songs after Meteora The catalyst is pretty. has anyone listened to it?

That's one of the few songs I like from A Thousand Suns. Honestly that record bores me, but I see why people like it.
#48 Posted by YoshiYogurt (5973 posts) -
EWW no
#49 Posted by zombehhhhh (452 posts) -

Funny because I just got back into them the other night. I really like Linkin Park, especially their older albums. I didn't like A Thousand Suns but I haven't really listened to their new album. Meteora is a sick album.

#50 Posted by lonewolfman10 (541 posts) -

I am, even though their last few albums were not what they used to be