Liberal Democracy is not compatible with Islam

• 191 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Skarwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 0

#1 Skarwolf
Member since 2006 • 2718 Posts

Read this article

If you don't feel like reading the entire thing here's one interesting exerpt.

"Speaking last year at the launch of a book by Zafar Bangash, a Muslim activist in Toronto, Kambiz Sheikh-Hassani, Irans now-expelled chargé daffaires, told the audience: You live in Canada. Liberal democracy is not compatible with our way of life."

Why is ok for them to say it but not us ? We are racist when we state the obvious but they acknowledge it. Why do you want to move to the west knowing your way of life isn't compatible and attempt to change our way of life. This will never happen. Ever.

It is not racist or bigotted for me to say so either. The true racists & bigots are those who refuse to question their ideaology & belief system in response to different views & react with violence.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

:| Since when does the west adhere to one way of life? Christians' way of life is not compatible with liberalism either. If you want to go to the west you have to abide by the law. Other than that you can have whatever way of life you want.

TopTierHustler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 TopTierHustler
Member since 2012 • 3894 Posts

:| Since when does the west adhere to one way of life? Christians' way of life is not compatible with liberalism either. If you want to go to the west you have to abide by the law. Other than that you can have whatever way of life you want.

GazaAli

Christians don't blow up buildings.....

Avatar image for UnknownSniper65
UnknownSniper65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 UnknownSniper65
Member since 2004 • 9238 Posts

[QUOTE="GazaAli"]

TopTierHustler

Timothy McVeigh did:|

Mike-uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 Mike-uk
Member since 2008 • 2088 Posts

[QUOTE="GazaAli"]

TopTierHustler

That is the most untrue statement I have ever read on this site.
Mike-uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Mike-uk

[QUOTE="TopTierHustler"]

[QUOTE="GazaAli"]

UnknownSniper65

Oklahoma bombing correct?
leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 leviathan91
Member since 2007 • 7763 Posts

You're right. This is why we shouldn't have liberalism and democracies.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

Read this article

"Speaking last year at the launch of a book by Zafar Bangash, a Muslim activist in Toronto, Kambiz Sheikh-Hassani, Irans now-expelled chargé daffaires, told the audience: You live in Canada. Liberal democracy is not compatible with our way of life."

Why is ok for them to say it but not us ? We are racist when we state the obvious but they acknowledge it. Why do you want to move to the west knowing your way of life isn't compatible and attempt to change our way of life. This will never happen. Ever.

It is not racist or bigotted for me to say so either. The true racists & bigots are those who refuse to question their ideaology & belief system in response to different views & react with violence.

Skarwolf

It's racist when you take the words of one man and generalize them to a whole culture in order to insult that culture. We are talking about one man here, who is supportive of and comes from a theocratic state. In his view Islam is not compatible with liberal democracy, just like in the view of Fred Phelps Christianity is not compatible with true democracy. That doesn't change the fact that his statement is demonstrably false, as there are several examples of Islamic majority countries that have liberalized successfully.

TopTierHustler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TopTierHustler

[QUOTE="TopTierHustler"]

[QUOTE="GazaAli"]

UnknownSniper65

maybe I should rephrase: Christians don't blow up buildings in the name of their religion, and acts of violence are few to none, while I hear about Muslims doing something awful every day.

McVeigh did what he did in the name of white supremacy.

Mike-uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Mike-uk

[QUOTE="UnknownSniper65"]

[QUOTE="TopTierHustler"]Christians don't blow up buildings.....

TopTierHustler

maybe I should rephrase: Christians don't blow up buildings in the name of their religion, and acts of violence are few to none, while I hear about Muslims doing something awful every day.

There are Christian terrorists too you know? Not as common as Islamic terrorists but still they are around.
theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 theone86

TopTierHustler

Yeah, and how long did it take us to get to that point?

I don't think anyone's saying that there aren't certain things within Islamic society that need to change, but going around calling all Muslims socially inferior is not going to help affect that change.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#12 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49566 Posts
Theocracy and Liberalism are never compatible.
punkpunker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 punkpunker
Member since 2006 • 3383 Posts

what loads of rubbish, if a muslim is used to liberal democracy then the person would be with the former or oppose it, simple as that.

LordQuorthon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 LordQuorthon
Member since 2008 • 5803 Posts

I read an article! I am educated enough to jump to conclusions!

Skarwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Skarwolf

[QUOTE="TopTierHustler"]

Mike-uk

There are Christian terrorists too you know? Not as common as Islamic terrorists but still they are around.

You're wrong in that McViegh did that in opposition to the government not out of religious belief. Fail on that regard.

Secondly, I'd like to you detail to me at least 5 or more examples of Christian terrorism since the year 2000. Not grasping at straws to point out things that happened 20 years or more ago in relation to the constant and daily, hourly, by the minute ass hattery by the average muslim radical.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

Read this, then come back to me.

C2N2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 C2N2
Member since 2012 • 759 Posts

[QUOTE="GazaAli"]

TopTierHustler

Christians already had their heyday... A period of human history you may have heard of? We know it as the Dark Ages...

Perhaps you have heard of their various other exploits? The Inquisition, the Crusades, etc...

All during this time there was intellectual advancement in the Middle East and lack of war (large scale war) given the entire Islamic world was under the rule of a caliphate.

Islamic Extremism is a NEW THING... That is a direct result of Western interference in the Islamic world.

- Defeat of The Ottoman Empire who allied with the central powers during WW1.

- The carving up of the Middle East by the British and French afterward (why there are straight line borders in Middle Eastern Nations, British/French laid a ruler on a map and said you get that side we get this side...)

- Creation of British/French Hashimite Kingdoms in Iraq, Syria, Jordan, etc...

Many of the problems in the Middle East today are direct result of European and later American exploitation of the region...

BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BossPerson
Member since 2011 • 9177 Posts

Lol thats my university.

As for the topic: it depends. If you take Islam with the whole package (economics, religion, law) then of course it isnt. But neither is Judaism or Christianity or that matter. But if you only take the theology aspects and some of the morality, then it is just like modern christianity and judaism.

Skarwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Skarwolf

[QUOTE="Skarwolf"]

Read this article

theone86

It's racist when you take the words of one man and generalize them to a whole culture in order to insult that culture. We are talking about one man here, who is supportive of and comes from a theocratic state. In his view Islam is not compatible with liberal democracy, just like in the view of Fred Phelps Christianity is not compatible with true democracy. That doesn't change the fact that his statement is demonstrably false, as there are several examples of Islamic majority countries that have liberalized successfully.

They only "liberalized" at the behest of their western governments who they'd like to do business with. They just keep the craziness behind doors where they can't see but its still there. Case in point, anytime the "muslim rising" occurs in said country look what happens afterwards. A return to radical asshattery.

BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BossPerson
Member since 2011 • 9177 Posts

themajormayor
always looking out for Arabs.... I love you man
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 themajormayor
[QUOTE="themajormayor"]

BossPerson
always looking out for Arabs.... I love you man

love you too bro :3
TopTierHustler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 TopTierHustler

[QUOTE="TopTierHustler"]

[QUOTE="GazaAli"]

C2N2

Christians already had their heyday... A period of human history you may have heard of? We know it as the Dark Ages...

Perhaps you have heard of their various other exploits? The Inquisition, the Crusades, etc...

All during this time there was intellectual advancement in the Middle East and lack of war (large scale war) given the entire Islamic world was under the rule of a caliphate.

Islamic Extremism is a NEW THING... That is a direct result of Western interference in the Islamic world.

- The carving up of the Middle East by the British and French afterward (why there are straight line borders in Middle Eastern Nations, British/French laid a ruler on a map and said you get that side we get this side...)

Many of the problems in the Middle East today are direct result of European and later American exploitation of the region...

I wasn't aware we still lived in the 1100s.....

C2N2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 C2N2
Member since 2012 • 759 Posts

[QUOTE="C2N2"]

TopTierHustler

I wasn't aware that I implied we did?

Simply pointing out that FAR more people have been killed because of Christianity than Islam in the history of our world. And that most of the violence Islam is responsible for towards the West today is a direct response to our own actions in the region.

TopTierHustler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 TopTierHustler

[QUOTE="TopTierHustler"]

[QUOTE="C2N2"]

C2N2

Simply pointing out that FAR more people have been killed because of Christianity than Islam in the history of our world. And that most of the violence Islam is responsible for towards the West today is a direct response to our own actions in the region.

I'm saying there's no excuse for it in the modern world like there was then.

I think most of the violence we see in Islam is just a result of....Islam.

Like how little girls are afraid to go to school in Afghanistan because the ultra religious threaten to throw acid in their faces.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 theone86

[QUOTE="theone86"]

[QUOTE="Skarwolf"]

Read this article

Skarwolf

They only "liberalized" at the behest of their western governments who they'd like to do business with. They just keep the craziness behind doors where they can't see but its still there. Case in point, anytime the "muslim rising" occurs in said country look what happens afterwards. A return to radical asshattery.

That's not true. Morocco is a case in point of an Islamic country liberalizing due to internal pressures and gradual political change. Muslim society is not incompatible with democracy, change has just happened within Islamic society at a different pace.

cslayer211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 cslayer211
Member since 2012 • 797 Posts

[QUOTE="TopTierHustler"]

[QUOTE="C2N2"]

C2N2

What has the west done to make them so mad? Freedom of expression and freedom of speech?
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

TopTierHustler

maybe I should rephrase: Christians don't blow up buildings in the name of their religion

Eric Rudolph did.

Gifye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Gifye
Member since 2012 • 175 Posts
Any culture that refuses to eat bacon can never integrate with the west.
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 worlock77

[QUOTE="C2N2"]

[QUOTE="TopTierHustler"]I wasn't aware we still lived in the 1100s.....

cslayer211

What has the west done to make them so mad? Freedom of expression and freedom of speech?

- Carving up Middle Eastern countries into borders with our interests in mind, rather than with ethnic/tribal boundaries in mind.

- Persuing an aggressive foreign policy in that region for a century in persuit of oil interests.

- Overthrowing democratically elected governments to prop up tyrannical, but western business frendly, puppet regiems.

- Parking our tanks in their holy city.

- Just f*cking around with and in their countries for ages. That tends to p*ss people off.

Saying they hate us because they hate our freedoms is just ignorance.

thebest31406

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 thebest31406
Member since 2004 • 3775 Posts

TopTierHustler

That's because you watch too much TV.
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

TopTierHustler

Ok wrong.. We just recently had that whole Youth camp incidient in sweden where a Christian fanatic killed over a hundred people.. What you speak of is EXTREMISM.. There are Muslims and Christians living peacefully within the United States for instance.. That abide by and support democracy..

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 themajormayor

[QUOTE="TopTierHustler"]

sSubZerOo

Ok wrong.. We just recently had that whole Youth camp incidient in sweden where a Christian fanatic killed over a hundred people.. What you speak of is EXTREMISM.. There are Muslims and Christians living peacefully within the United States for instance.. That abide by and support democracy..

LOL informed as always

thebest31406

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 thebest31406
Member since 2004 • 3775 Posts
[QUOTE="C2N2"]

[QUOTE="TopTierHustler"]I wasn't aware we still lived in the 1100s.....

cslayer211

I think the constant invasions, funding of coups and overthrowing democratically elected administrations in order to serve the west kinda cramps their style.
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 worlock77

[QUOTE="TopTierHustler"]

sSubZerOo

Norway dude, Norway.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-59d151f079814

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

[QUOTE="TopTierHustler"]maybe I should rephrase: Christians don't blow up buildings in the name of their religion, and acts of violence are few to none, while I hear about Muslims doing something awful every day.

worlock77

Norway dude, Norway.

Apologies, but my point still stands there are extremists across the board when it comes to religions.. And to blanket one is ridiculous especially when we have counter examples for it..

ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ghoklebutter
Member since 2007 • 19327 Posts
Islam is indeed inherently incompatible with liberal democracy. Any theocracy that relegates certain minorities to second-class status is anti-democratic.
The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#37 The-Apostle
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts
[QUOTE="TopTierHustler"]

Mike-uk

There's a few terrorists in every religion or non-religion. What's your point?
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#38 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

Extreamism of any kind is not compatibale with Democracy.

I met a girl from Canada that is an Arab Muslim, she id very pretty and was telling me one time how her family made her wear a head scarf when she went out (she wasn't wearing it when I met her because she stopped doing it a long time ago). And she was telling me how her family wanted her to marry someone even though she didn't want to. But she seemed very secular, she ate pork and drank alchohol and everything.

I do not know if she is still a Muslim, but she seemed to fit right in with Democracy. Muslims just need to have a reform movement, we Jews did it and it worked great for us.

cslayer211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 cslayer211
Member since 2012 • 797 Posts

[QUOTE="cslayer211"][QUOTE="C2N2"]

worlock77

- Carving up Middle Eastern countries into borders with our interests in mind, rather than with ethnic/tribal boundaries in mind.

- Persuing an aggressive foreign policy in that region for a century in persuit of oil interests.

- Overthrowing democratically elected governments to prop up tyrannical, but western business frendly, puppet regiems.

- Just f*cking around with and in their countries for ages. That tends to p*ss people off.

It's ignorance when you have many protesters in the Middle East rioting over a video that criticizes their religion? In places were you would be killed if you said or made something similar to it...? I would say it would be ignorant to contest that their motives are not religious or political, or based on their hate for western freedoms that allow open and unpunished criticism of their religion.
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 worlock77

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="cslayer211"] What has the west done to make them so mad? Freedom of expression and freedom of speech?cslayer211

It's ignorance when you have many protesters in the Middle East rioting over a video that criticizes their religion? In places were you would be killed if you said or made something similar to it...? I would say it would be ignorant to contest that their motives are not religious or political, or based on their hate for western freedoms that allow open and unpunished criticism of their religion.

I guaren-goddamn-tee you that if we did not meddle about in the affairs of the Middle East then we would not have a single problem with terroism arising from the Middle East. Even our own government recognizes this (re: "blowback").

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#41 whipassmt
Member since 2007 • 15375 Posts

[QUOTE="TopTierHustler"]

Mike-uk

There are Christian terrorists too you know? Not as common as Islamic terrorists but still they are around. [/QUOTE]

There's terrorists of pretty much any ideology. I think animal rights and environmentalist ("ecoterrorists") terrorists account for the greatest number of attacks in the U.S. I think Marxist/Communist/Socialist terrorists (such as the Shining Path) are probably responsible for the most deaths.

Blue-Sky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#42 Blue-Sky
Member since 2005 • 10381 Posts

Religion is not compatible with democracy. It's a theocracy with "god" at the top.

It's not that christianity is more peaceful, it's that western christians are far less devoted to their religion. They have become more and more secular.

MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#43 MrPraline
Member since 2008 • 21351 Posts
Islam isn't a religion, but a totalitarian political ideology. True, it's not compatible with our way of life. America pulled it off, so major props to them, but for the majority of Western countries it's one clusterf*ck after another.
SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#44 SaudiFury
Member since 2007 • 8709 Posts
It's racist when you take the words of one man and generalize them to a whole culture in order to insult that culture. We are talking about one man here, who is supportive of and comes from a theocratic state. In his view Islam is not compatible with liberal democracy, just like in the view of Fred Phelps Christianity is not compatible with true democracy. That doesn't change the fact that his statement is demonstrably false, as there are several examples of Islamic majority countries that have liberalized successfully.theone86
theone86 nailed it, and Skarwolf continues to reveal himself for the bigot/racist he is when it comes to Muslims/Arabs. and just to clarify, no you don't have to believe, or agree, or even like Islam as a religion. it doesn't change the fact that you got millions of them in Western countries, and Muslim-majority democracy, that vote and are law abiding citizens.
kingkong0124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 kingkong0124
Member since 2012 • 8329 Posts

worlock77

No excuse for their barbarism..a lot of areas in the world has similar histories but are less violent today..And, if you study the history of the Middle East, it was largely violent before the West came..

And judging by what you're saying right now, i think it'd be safe to assume you think of Al Qaeda as freedom fighters? :roll:

SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 SaudiFury

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

kingkong0124

No excuse for their barbarism..a lot of areas in the world has similar histories but are less violent today..And, if you study the history of the Middle East, it was largely violent before the West came..

not any more so then any other part of the world really. Why do so many Westerners, who are largely ignorant of Arab history prior to the 1930's, still have this myth that the Middle East is just bloodshed and terror throughout it's history of human existence? Just looking at America, i could cite slavery, racism, native american wars, battles and massacres, the numerous wars and and adventures America has had before WW1 and dawn of the modern world as we know it even began.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-59d151f079814
[QUOTE="kingkong0124"]

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

SaudiFury

not any more so then any other part of the world really. Why do so many Westerners, who are largely ignorant of Arab history prior to the 1930's, still have this myth that the Middle East is just bloodshed and terror throughout it's history of human existence? Just looking at America, i could cite slavery, racism, native american wars, battles and massacres, the numerous wars and and adventures America has had before WW1 and dawn of the modern world as we know it even began.

... People seem to forget it was the Middle Eastern and Arab culture that helped put Europe into the high middle ages and the Renaissance after the Crusades..
SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 SaudiFury
[QUOTE="SaudiFury"][QUOTE="kingkong0124"]

No excuse for their barbarism..a lot of areas in the world has similar histories but are less violent today..And, if you study the history of the Middle East, it was largely violent before the West came..sSubZerOo

... People seem to forget it was the Middle Eastern and Arab culture that helped put Europe into the high middle ages and the Renaissance after the Crusades..

it's not just that. Gulf Arabs were little more then traveling nomads, sometimes with blood feuds (again not new or unique, or anymore bloody) with other traveling nomads and small sultans. You also got long periods of time where no major wars or battles took place, because the land was under the control of some empire, whether it was Ottoman, Ummayyed, Abbasid, or even Alexander the Great's Empire. Empires borders almost always were bleeding more frequently then their interior, and this was not unique to the Muslim world either, it was normal state of affairs with all empires, be they Chinese (which went through several dynastic overthrows with the Mandate of Heaven as the reasoning for their overthrows), the British Empire, the various South American states, or even the growing United States into the 'unclaimed' territory. it's this demonization, or making the Middle East as this grossly simplistic caricature of non-stop turmoil and bloodshed, that as a historian buff really pisses me off.
Avatar image for Victorious_Fize
Victorious_Fize

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Victorious_Fize
Member since 2011 • 6128 Posts
[QUOTE="SaudiFury"][QUOTE="sSubZerOo"][QUOTE="SaudiFury"] not any more so then any other part of the world really. Why do so many Westerners, who are largely ignorant of Arab history prior to the 1930's, still have this myth that the Middle East is just bloodshed and terror throughout it's history of human existence? Just looking at America, i could cite slavery, racism, native american wars, battles and massacres, the numerous wars and and adventures America has had before WW1 and dawn of the modern world as we know it even began.

it's not just that. Gulf Arabs were little more then traveling nomads, sometimes with blood feuds (again not new or unique, or anymore bloody) with other traveling nomads and small sultans. You also got long periods of time where no major wars or battles took place, because the land was under the control of some empire, whether it was Ottoman, Ummayyed, Abbasid, or even Alexander the Great's Empire. Empires borders almost always were bleeding more frequently then their interior, and this was not unique to the Muslim world either, it was normal state of affairs with all empires, be they Chinese (which went through several dynastic overthrows with the Mandate of Heaven as the reasoning for their overthrows), the British Empire, the various South American states, or even the growing United States into the 'unclaimed' territory. it's this demonization, or making the Middle East as this grossly simplistic caricature of non-stop turmoil and bloodshed, that as a historian buff really pisses me off.

You're a liberal but you don't hate us. o.O I don't know what to make of you... I'll just say I represent the bastion of Islamism in KSA and we will not be defeated on our own soil! *^* You know who we are mang. You should join since we're the nicest. =w= But I digress, your posts are very thorough, if not a little orientalist at times, I applaud your effort!
CptJSparrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 CptJSparrow
Member since 2007 • 10898 Posts
[QUOTE="Victorious_Fize"] You're a liberal but you don't hate us. o.O I don't know what to make of you... I'll just say I represent the bastion of Islamism in KSA and we will not be defeated on our own soil! *^* You know who we are mang. You should join since we're the nicest. =w= But I digress, your posts are very thorough, if not a little orientalist at times, I applaud your effort!

I thought TDH made you leave