Let's talk about anger...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by BenedictArnold7 (701 posts) -

I think it useful to be angry sometimes... if you always react calmly to things hiding your rage... people are more likely to try to take advatange of you.  Being feared certainly has its benefits.  On the other hand anger can sometimes get out of control and you can do/say things that may ruin you.  How do you feel about anger?  Do you think it should be avoided at all cost... is there value in it... or what? 

#2 Posted by CptJSparrow (10897 posts) -
let's not and say we did
#3 Posted by BenedictArnold7 (701 posts) -
let's notCptJSparrow
Now I am angry. Answer the fu**** question or get the **** out of here.
#4 Posted by shadowkiller11 (7954 posts) -
There is a difference between taking a stand and being angry. Anger can sometimes blind reasoning and rational thought. There is value in it but it's mostly for negative reasons.
#5 Posted by CptJSparrow (10897 posts) -
[QUOTE="CptJSparrow"]let's notBenedictArnold7
Now I am angry. Answer the fu**** question or get the **** out of here.

no u
#6 Posted by Chow_Mein_Kampf (6651 posts) -

There is a difference between taking a stand and being angry. Anger can sometimes blind reasoning and rational thought. There is value in it but it's mostly for negative reasons. shadowkiller11

#7 Posted by thegerg (14917 posts) -
There is a difference between taking a stand and being angry. Anger can sometimes blind reasoning and rational thought. There is value in it but it's mostly for negative reasons. shadowkiller11
This. Anger can be seen as a sign of weakness as well.
#8 Posted by dave123321 (33829 posts) -
Lot of angry and weak of character users here.
#9 Posted by Chow_Mein_Kampf (6651 posts) -

Lot of angry and weak of character users here. dave123321

You would know...............

#10 Posted by Iszdope (9755 posts) -

Make me.

#11 Posted by dave123321 (33829 posts) -

[QUOTE="dave123321"]Lot of angry and weak of character users here. Chow_Mein_Kampf

Shut up, Jerk.
#12 Posted by Chow_Mein_Kampf (6651 posts) -

[QUOTE="Chow_Mein_Kampf"]

[QUOTE="dave123321"]Lot of angry and weak of character users here. dave123321

Shut up, Jerk.

Jerk? Me?

Ouch, Davey Boy.......Feelings..............

#13 Posted by KiIIyou (27145 posts) -
gotta let it out somehow but it dont gotta be towards anybody
#14 Posted by nooblet69 (5162 posts) -

I think anger is a weakness. I laugh at people when they get so upset. Not worth it to put yourself through that. Peace of mind is much more satisfying imo.

#15 Posted by BenedictArnold7 (701 posts) -
gotta let it out somehow but it dont gotta be towards anybodyKiIIyou
Do you mean you have to let it out sexually?
#16 Posted by hippiesanta (9817 posts) -
Lot of angry and weak of character users here. dave123321
like angry atheist and feminist
#17 Posted by sherman-tank1 (8111 posts) -

Respect, not fear earn's the hearts of people. The problem with being feared is, once they see weakness in you, they won't hesistate to betray. Plus, it isn't morally right.

#18 Posted by Dogswithguns (10708 posts) -
Anger, is just pointless. you can't change the fact. making self look like an idiot.
#19 Posted by SolidSnake35 (58095 posts) -
I don't get angry very often but it happens. Probably not a virtue.
#20 Posted by tocool340 (20490 posts) -
I'm usually aware that I'm angry and just simply keep my mouth shut to avoid saying something that can't be taken back, unless I know what I'm about to say won't hurt anyone's feelings. My face expression pretty much tells people I'm pissed off, tread cautiously...
#21 Posted by Celldrax (14567 posts) -

I've always had a pretty short temper and tend to let things out in a very Spartan-like fasion. But I at least have enough sense to keep my cool (for the most part) when around others.

Anger is never a good thing, though. No sense in taking it out on others.....and it's certainly no way to make people fear you (unless you're like 7'0ft and weigh over 150kg...).

#22 Posted by sukraj (22308 posts) -

me never get angry ok boss.

#23 Posted by TheHighWind (3764 posts) -

I used to have a horrible temper.

The only thing worse was being drunk and angry.

Thank God I quit drinking.

#24 Posted by KiIIyou (27145 posts) -
[QUOTE="KiIIyou"]gotta let it out somehow but it dont gotta be towards anybodyBenedictArnold7
Do you mean you have to let it out sexually?

nooooo, like just yellin things and hitting stuff, thats all.
#25 Posted by Angie7F (1120 posts) -

I used to be a very angry teenager. Now I am just much mellower.

being mellower has made life easier, but had I not experienced my teenager rage, i dont think I would be who I am today.

Of course the anger needs to be controlled but as long as you dont harm yourself or others, it is a constructive force

#26 Posted by tempertress (426 posts) -
I think a lot of angry people who are prone to raging have no filter or self control which leads people to think less of them. I have horrible anger issues, not the least of which is helped by video games, but I think the value is reigning it in not letting it out. For me, though, it's not a choice. If I'm mad then I get mad, I haven't been able to control the impulse as yet.
#27 Posted by byof_america (1353 posts) -

I'm usually a pretty mellow guy or for the most part can keep it to myself and let it go, but Call of Duty always brings out the worst in me. I don't scream, but I do have a few choice words for people who i don't know and who can't even hear me. Makes me glad I don't use a mic.

#28 Posted by comp_atkins (31284 posts) -
perfectly natural human emotion... like any other, useful sometimes, harmful others.
#29 Posted by Venom_Raptor (6958 posts) -

I can't control my anger all the time, sometimes you need to lash out and hit something just to get the energy out of your system.

#30 Posted by chrisrooR (9026 posts) -
It takes alot for me to get angry. I've always been able to control it well.
#31 Posted by SirWander (5176 posts) -

"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent."

#32 Posted by johnd13 (8023 posts) -

It takes alot for me to get angry. I've always been able to control it well.chrisrooR

Same here.

#33 Posted by Treflis (11491 posts) -
Of course anger is useful, sometimes you just have to "went some steam" Granted you should have enough control of yourself so you don't go off the hinges all the time and/or harm others as a result.
#34 Posted by Necrifer (10629 posts) -

Anger is a sign of mental instability and should be controlled.

If you notice someone acting irritable or expressing an above-average level of emotion, contact authorities immediately.

#35 Posted by bnarmz (1425 posts) -

Anger is only useful when used as a catalyst for beneficial intentions. To be angry at others for being indifferent to your views is an obvious indicator to personal issues. In many cases, anger is a projection of the things you dont like about yourself. However, it is understandable to be angry if someone brings you harm or discomfort. But to ping pong that same energy back and forth will do no one any good, you should mold that energy into something that will actually be useful. Anger is the great motivator that often kills the procrastinator, use it wisely.

#36 Posted by ghoklebutter (19327 posts) -
I'm okay with anger that isn't destructive and harmful. In fact, constructive anger is sometimes necessary.
#37 Posted by The_Gaming_Baby (6335 posts) -

There is a time to release anger and times when not to. Life experience will teach you when these times are

#38 Posted by Mickeyminime (1123 posts) -

I was bullied for 14+ years both physical and verbal. School teachers did nothing and my mum could only do so much. I also had learning difficulties and it was pretty bad for many years. The bullying made learning even worse. My mum had to pay for a private teacher after school to help me learn the bascis. I even struggled to learn the words it and is because of my glue ear problem too. Anyway, the bullying has seriously screwed up my life in more ways than my family know. I get angry and hot headed over the most basic thing so for me, i do worry about being around people. Technology, people, life and even the weather can make me angry and i tend to show my anger rage quite a lot when it hits me. I haven't seeked any help for it, but i do plan on doing it because i don't want to be like this forever. I always stay at home, lock the doors and play computer games because it's all i actually have. My other half lives in the US while i live in the UK and now that we work, it makes talking to each other a lot more difficult than it was 10 years ago. Either way, if anyone was bullied or gets angry over the most basic thing, i, we need to seek a doctor because a few of my work colleagues think it might be a health, mental condition that has built from childhood problems :/

#39 Posted by foxhound_fox (87844 posts) -

It's a wholly destructive emotion.

#40 Posted by deeliman (2403 posts) -

What's up with people posting in old threads lately?

#41 Posted by foxhound_fox (87844 posts) -

@deeliman said:

What's up with people posting in old threads lately?

The search function has always been messed up. People must find these threads and not check the dates before posting.

#42 Posted by Gaming-Planet (13998 posts) -

People don't take advantage of me and I sustain my anger rather well.

I just have very twisted vibe that people are intimidated about.

#43 Edited by Nibroc420 (13567 posts) -

**** anger.