Left Handed or Right Handed...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sh4d0wc4st3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1 sh4d0wc4st3r
Member since 2005 • 3623 Posts
This is not a question about which one you are, but I've heard that left handed people tend to die earlier than people with their right hand... For me, I think it's just a superstition... all of the people who said that were Chinese so it might be a traditional "belief"...  What's your guy's thoughts about this?  I have no "real" proof about this by the way...
Lord_Daemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 Lord_Daemon
Member since 2005 • 24535 Posts
My thoughts are that the concept of left-handed people dying earlier is completely silly.
marolia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#3 marolia
Member since 2004 • 4030 Posts
This is not a question about which one you are, but I've heard that left handed people tend to die earlier than people with their right hand... For me, I think it's just a superstition... all of the people who said that were Chinese so it might be a traditional "belief"... What's your guy's thoughts about this? I have no "real" proof about this by the way...sh4d0wc4st3r

Nah, can't be true.
Even if you're left handed, it won't make any difference.
sh4d0wc4st3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 sh4d0wc4st3r
[QUOTE="sh4d0wc4st3r"]This is not a question about which one you are, but I've heard that left handed people tend to die earlier than people with their right hand... For me, I think it's just a superstition... all of the people who said that were Chinese so it might be a traditional "belief"... What's your guy's thoughts about this? I have no "real" proof about this by the way...marolia

Nah, can't be true.

unless you live in a country like Vietnam... they force you to write right handed.. my friend, he's chinese ("from" Hong Kong), when growing up, his parents forced him to learn right... but yeah, it doesn't make a difference, but to people's "beliefs" I guess it does... sometimes...
NathanHawkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 NathanHawkins
Member since 2006 • 4470 Posts
since left-handed people are crazy...i totally believe they die earlier.  :D
Momo-yan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Momo-yan
Member since 2007 • 444 Posts
I looked "left handed" up on wikipedia; it mentions that 'superstition' too :O   According to Wikipedia there was some psychology study in 1991 that reported left-handers tend to die around 9 yrs before Righties.  Then it went on to say it's cuz Lefties are "clumsier" at surviving in a right handed world.

Then the next paragraph says how people now think there are less old people who are Lefties cuz back in the day, they were forced to *become* a Rightie.  I totally believe that!  My dad is really traditional Chinese, very old fashioned, and he *hates* seeing people use their left hand.  My little cousin is left handed, but if my dad sees it he yells at him till he uses his right hand  :x
marolia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#7 marolia
Member since 2004 • 4030 Posts
[QUOTE="marolia"][QUOTE="sh4d0wc4st3r"]This is not a question about which one you are, but I've heard that left handed people tend to die earlier than people with their right hand... For me, I think it's just a superstition... all of the people who said that were Chinese so it might be a traditional "belief"... What's your guy's thoughts about this? I have no "real" proof about this by the way...sh4d0wc4st3r

Nah, can't be true.

unless you live in a country like Vietnam... they force you to write right handed.. my friend, he's chinese ("from" Hong Kong), when growing up, his parents forced him to learn right... but yeah, it doesn't make a difference, but to people's "beliefs" I guess it does... sometimes...

Yeah, you're right.
 I heard about that too.
Avatar image for NavigatorsGhost
NavigatorsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 NavigatorsGhost
Member since 2006 • 6483 Posts
I don't know if the saying is true or not, but I believe the reasoning behind lefties dying earlier is because of the difficulties they face having to live in a right handed based world. 
abattoir_blues

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 abattoir_blues
Member since 2006 • 517 Posts
for some reason I thought this topic was about jerking the turkey:o
sh4d0wc4st3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 sh4d0wc4st3r
I looked "left handed" up on wikipedia; it mentions that 'superstition' too :O   According to Wikipedia there was some psychology study in 1991 that reported left-handers tend to die around 9 yrs before Righties.  Then it went on to say it's cuz Lefties are "clumsier" at surviving in a right handed world.

Then the next paragraph says how people now think there are less old people who are Lefties cuz back in the day, they were forced to *become* a Rightie.  I totally believe that!  My dad is really traditional Chinese, very old fashioned, and he *hates* seeing people use their left hand.  My little cousin is left handed, but if my dad sees it he yells at him till he uses his right hand  :x
Momo-yan
my friend said that it was proven but I just thought he was crazy... but if it's on Wiki, then it MUST be true
sh4d0wc4st3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 sh4d0wc4st3r
I don't know if the saying is true or not, but I believe the reasoning behind lefties dying earlier is because of the difficulties they face having to live in a right handed based world. NavigatorsGhost
my friend added that he gets "confused" sometimes, cause he's originally a leftie... he says his brain thinks "different" from others, whatever that means...
Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#12 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
I'm left handed.
yermomsboxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 yermomsboxx
Member since 2005 • 6348 Posts
[QUOTE="sh4d0wc4st3r"]This is not a question about which one you are, but I've heard that left handed people tend to die earlier than people with their right hand... For me, I think it's just a superstition... all of the people who said that were Chinese so it might be a traditional "belief"... What's your guy's thoughts about this? I have no "real" proof about this by the way...marolia

Nah, can't be true.

How about the sress of living in a right-handed world. It's a theory I've heard(I'm left-handed by the way).
superelite2688

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 superelite2688
Member since 2004 • 6318 Posts
i didnt think it made any difference if u were right or left handed in terms of life span
flubagalub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 flubagalub
Member since 2006 • 442 Posts
Why do all of you have a problem with left-handed people? Where I live no one cares. People might say "Oh, you're left-handed", but that's all they say. And whoever said that in countries like Vietnam you're forced to use your right hand, what kind of country would do that? It's stupid. Either you're lying, wrong, or the world is more f***ed up than I thought.
rohver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16 rohver
Member since 2005 • 11848 Posts
I'm a lefty.... :|
Avatar image for LA_lakers_4life
LA_lakers_4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17 LA_lakers_4life
Member since 2006 • 7051 Posts
righty....ima live long
zero9167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 zero9167
Member since 2005 • 14554 Posts
im right handed of course. left handed people are freaks that should be put in the circus * insert :P so you know im joking*
Verigar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Verigar
Member since 2006 • 264 Posts
This is not a question about which one you are, but I've heard that left handed people tend to die earlier than people with their right hand... For me, I think it's just a superstition... all of the people who said that were Chinese so it might be a traditional "belief"...  What's your guy's thoughts about this?  I have no "real" proof about this by the way...sh4d0wc4st3r
It doesn't make any difference.Actually if you learn to write with both hands it is a great exercise for your mind.
Momo-yan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Momo-yan
Member since 2007 • 444 Posts
Why do all of you have a problem with left-handed people? Where I live no one cares. People might say "Oh, you're left-handed", but that's all they say. And whoever said that in countries like Vietnam you're forced to use your right hand, what kind of country would do that? It's stupid. Either you're lying, wrong, or the world is more f***ed up than I thought.
flubagalub
I don't get the feeling (from reading the posts) that anyone here has a problem with left handed people =x And yea, people *now* don't care about if you're left handed or not, but those who are old fashioned do/did. I think a lot of people's parents from Asia still hold to beliefs like that...well I guess my dad is kind of old (born in the 40's). Maybe it's cuz many countries in Asia didn't industrialize till a few decades ago. I hear Westerners had superstitions about Left handed people being evil and stuff too, they're just past that now. Haha this has nthing to do with anything really but I keep remembering this story a tour guide told us of this castle that had a spiral staircase that curved the "wrong" way...because they would put someone who was left handed to guard that area, so when a Rightie tries to walk up the stairs he's at a disadvantage in way he can swing his sword.

And yes, the world IS more f***ed up that you thought :)  Shouldn't you have noticed by now? :D
Bourbons3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 Bourbons3
Member since 2003 • 24238 Posts
My thoughts are that the concept of left-handed people dying earlier is completely silly.Lord_Daemon
Agreed. How can something like that affect your lifespan.
yagr_zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#22 yagr_zero
Member since 2006 • 27850 Posts
I just think it's because your left arm is closer to your heart and major artery, and if you're left handed, you use that a lot more and maybe it has something to do with wearing the artery or heart out faster than right handed peeps.
nohabs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#23 nohabs
Member since 2004 • 10797 Posts
Great just great....now I'm going to die early because of a stupid Chinese superstition.
Zap-O-Matic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 Zap-O-Matic
Member since 2006 • 5331 Posts
i'm gonna die sooner then a rightey :cry: WHY ME!!!!!
zeus_gb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#25 zeus_gb
Member since 2004 • 7793 Posts
Hmmm.....i've never heard of left handed people dying earlier. Oh well i'm right handed anyway, so I guess it not going to be a problem for me.
Daytona_178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 Daytona_178
Member since 2005 • 14962 Posts
If you just think about it....... in any study about this, either right handed or left would die earlier...... it doesent mean anything. like if i said people in blue cars have more accident then people in red cars.... its true, but it doesent mean blue cars are more dangerous.... its just a coincidence!!!!
Flaming_Ape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27 Flaming_Ape
Member since 2007 • 3246 Posts
I'm right handed, that's all I need to say.
The_Ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 The_Ish
Member since 2006 • 13913 Posts
flubagalub

The world is more f***ed up than you think.

Saudi Arabia and Iran also force people to write with their right hand.
demon_turkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 demon_turkey
Member since 2004 • 10220 Posts
i find it hard to believe that ur handedness affects your life expectancy
tombtraider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 tombtraider
Member since 2004 • 497 Posts
That is all superstition. Being left or right handed has nothing to do with dying early. Its your genes.
nickmag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 nickmag
Member since 2006 • 6710 Posts
More than 2500 left handed people die every year from using right handed products
Brainkiller05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Brainkiller05
Member since 2005 • 28954 Posts
I heard left handers tend to be smarter than right handers... :|
trophylocoste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 trophylocoste
Member since 2006 • 8454 Posts
since left-handed people are crazy...i totally believe they die earlier.  :DNathanHawkins
I believe your brillant.
Cyrax-Sektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#34 Cyrax-Sektor
Member since 2006 • 12060 Posts
I'm the right hand of the devil*. *=very few people would know which movie that came from.