Leaked trailer of X-Men Apocalypse ! Wow !

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 LexLas
Member since 2005 • 7317 Posts

This just hit number 1 on my list, this movie looks terrific ! They have got to get a clean copy out. And who is this God X-man controller of all ?

http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/xmen-apocalypse-stills-show-titular-villain/

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#2 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

Whatever, I kind of feel underwhelmed by all of these X-Men movies. So why does Magneto keeps fighting alongside the X-Men? It feels like an endless loop that goes nowhere, with no end. Maybe one of these movies should let the villain win for a change.

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 LexLas

@Master_Live said:

Whatever, I kind of feel underwhelmed by all of these X-Men movies. So why does Magneto keeps fighting alongside the X-Men? It feels like an endless loop that goes nowhere, with no end. Maybe one of these movies should let the villain win for a change.

Well this one might just grant your with. Did you watch the trailer ? This new X men apparently is like a GOD amonst them.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Master_Live

Yeah, Apocalypse is his name. I don't know much about the X-Men aside from the 90's cartoons (and subsequent series) and I remember his storyline was quite good. I will catch this on Blu-ray.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44161 Posts

So awesome. I've been wanting Apocalypse to make it into the movies ever since the first film and now it's finally happened, can't wait to see this movie.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#6 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

Last movie with Hugh Jackman as Wolverine...I'd watch it just for that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

High Quality Version

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 LexLas
@Nuck81 said:

High Quality Version

Ha, Ha, LMAO ! My co-worker next to me was telling me about this as soon as he saw his picture too. Too funny, lol .. Dang, you had me for a second, i thought i was actually going to see an HD version of this new trailer.

fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 fend_oblivion
Member since 2006 • 6760 Posts

@korvus: Hugh Jackman has a cameo in Apocalypse. His final movie is the Wolverine solo dated for 2017.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@fend_oblivion said:

@korvus: Hugh Jackman has a cameo in Apocalypse. His final movie is the Wolverine solo dated for 2017.

I see. Well, that's even better =D

fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 fend_oblivion

@korvus:

I'm kinda disappointed because I wanted HJ to be the main protagonist in Apocalypse along with the other mutants :(

I also expected X-Men - Apocalypse to continue from the end of Days of Future Past timeline where Wolverine finds all the mutants alive and well. Apocalypse is (one of) the strongest mutants in the X-Men universe so it makes sense he is not there in the DoFP timeline because of the Sentinels. So by changing the timeline thus preventing the creation of the Sentinels, an event similar to or worse than the Sentinels occurs - Apocalypse. This is consistent with the whole "time is immutable" thing Beast tells Wolverine in DoFP. You can change a horrible event, but an event of equal or worse magnitude will surely occur in its place. Or maybe Apocalypse is so strong, they have no choice but to create the Sentinels.

But no, they want the movie to be in the year 1986 with the First Class cast :(

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@fend_oblivion: I wish they had never done the First Class angle to begin with, but you're right; it would be a good timeline sequence. Prevent the bad, create worse.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

Please make X-men First Class 2

fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 fend_oblivion

@indzman: X-Men First Class is the worst X-Men movie I've ever had the displeasure of watching. It made X-Men 2, 3, Wolverine : Origins and The Wolverine look like masterpieces.

The only good thing about First Class is that one scene with Hugh Jackman telling them to **** off.

That said, X-Men - Apocalypse is your First Class 2. The movie is set in the year 1986 with the First Class cast along with a Wolverine cameo.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

@fend_oblivion said:

@indzman: X-Men First Class is the worst X-Men movie I've ever had the displeasure of watching. It made X-Men 2, 3, Wolverine : Origins and The Wolverine look like masterpieces.

The only good thing about First Class is that one scene with Hugh Jackman telling them to **** off.

That said, X-Men - Apocalypse is your First Class 2. The movie is set in the year 1986 with the First Class cast along with a Wolverine cameo.

I prefer First class only for Michael Fassbenders Magneto and MAGNETO THEME ( One of the best villain theme of all time ... imo ) :)

fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 fend_oblivion

@indzman: Nah, the best Magneto is Ian Mckellen :D

The theme is okay, but since we're talking villain themes, I raise you this : Emperor's Theme from Ninja Gaiden/Ninja Gaiden Black.

uriweru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 uriweru
Member since 2015 • 48 Posts

I'm pretty excited about this film now, I had my doubts because the last one wasn't that good.

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By LexLas

@uriweru said:

I'm pretty excited about this film now, I had my doubts because the last one wasn't that good.

Another leaked trailer !

Loading Video...

Howabout some more excitement ! Oh yeah !

Loading Video...

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18797 Posts

@fend_oblivion said:

@korvus:

I'm kinda disappointed because I wanted HJ to be the main protagonist in Apocalypse along with the other mutants :(

I also expected X-Men - Apocalypse to continue from the end of Days of Future Past timeline where Wolverine finds all the mutants alive and well. Apocalypse is (one of) the strongest mutants in the X-Men universe so it makes sense he is not there in the DoFP timeline because of the Sentinels. So by changing the timeline thus preventing the creation of the Sentinels, an event similar to or worse than the Sentinels occurs - Apocalypse. This is consistent with the whole "time is immutable" thing Beast tells Wolverine in DoFP. You can change a horrible event, but an event of equal or worse magnitude will surely occur in its place. Or maybe Apocalypse is so strong, they have no choice but to create the Sentinels.

But no, they want the movie to be in the year 1986 with the First Class cast :(

I only saw 1(2000) 2(2003) and 3(2006) so you lost me.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@Master_Live said:

Magneto isn't a a villain per se. He just disagrees with Xavier on how to handle non-mutants.

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

I still kinda wanted a Mr. Sinister before Apocalypse. Don't think that's going to be happening since Apocalypse is a bigger threat than Sinister.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Master_Live

@foxhound_fox said:
@Master_Live said:

Magneto isn't a a villain per se. He just disagrees with Xavier on how to handle non-mutants.

I understand that but at this point they might as well make Magneto a permanent member of the X-Men. And then he will betray them. And then they will need his help again. And on it goes.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#23 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58950 Posts

Magneto tried to kill every single human on earth in men 2, about as super villiian as you can get.

Big fan of the series, got ideas while not forgetting about the fun, got better with age for the most part, last two movies were great.

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By -God-
Member since 2004 • 3627 Posts

Oscar Isaacs owns

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50556 Posts

Not sure I remember Apoc correctly, but he doesn't have mind controlling powers in the comics, right? Not really digging him controlling everyone. I want to see the comic Apoc, damnit

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Chutebox

@korvus said:

Not it's not, that will be Wolverine 3.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@Chutebox said:
@korvus said:

Was there a Wolverine 2 that I'm not aware of? Because Jackman himself said at ComicCon that he would only play Wolverine one more time.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Chutebox

@korvus said:
@Chutebox said:
@korvus said:

Was there a Wolverine 2 that I'm not aware of? Because Jackman himself said at ComicCon that he would only play Wolverine one more time.

The first terrible one was the first. Then The Wolverine. The third is going to be his last time as Wolvie. Supposedly it's an old man logan story.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@Chutebox: Wow, I completely erased the second one out of my mind XD You're right =P

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Chutebox

@korvus said:

@Chutebox: Wow, I completely erased the second one out of my mind XD You're right =P

Wait, the second one or the first? I wouldn't blame you for erasing origins from your memeory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@Chutebox: The second; I could tolerate the first but the second was really boring for me and that final fight looked like it was written by a 5 year old. I know most people dislike the first more and that's okay =)

fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 fend_oblivion

@PSP107: You're gonna have to watch the other movies to understand completely.

The chronological order for the older timeline would be something like :

X-Men : First Class
Wolverine : Origins (has some flashbacks the precede the events of First Class)
X-Men
X-Men 2
X-Men 3
The Wolverine
X-Men : Days of Future Past

and the new timeline would be :

X-Men : First Class
X-Men : Days of Future Past
X-Men : Apocalypse

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By PSP107

@fend_oblivion:

You have Days of Future Past coming after Xmen 1-3 but on your new timeline you have it after 1st class.

fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 fend_oblivion

@PSP107: Yup. In DoFP, an older Wolverine's consciousness is sent to the past making Wolverine the only person who knows about the events of the old timeline. I suppose parts of Wolverine Origins would be before First Class in the new timeline. You should have an idea of what I'm talking about after you watch the other movies. Don't worry too much about this; the X-Men series is full of inconsistencies (Wolverine getting back his adamantium claws for example).

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

@fend_oblivion said:

@PSP107: Don't worry too much about this; the X-Men series is full of inconsistencies (Wolverine getting back his adamantium claws for example).

Yeah, it's pretty clear that the writers haven't given half a flying **** about continuity since day one. Inconsistencies with the continuity of the series are barely worth talking about. It's clear that that's how the filmmakers are handling the franchise, so you're either on board with it or not. The X-Men franchise is exactly like the Terminator franchise in this regard. If the timeline and the series' continuity not making sense is a dealbreaker for you, then don't even think about it. Just move on to a different series. And if you like the movies in spite of their lack of making sense, then shut up and just enjoy watching mutants blow shit up.

But either way, don't strain your brain trying to figure out how the X-Men continuity makes sense. It doesn't. And don't expect the filmmakers to ever start to respect continuity. They won't.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 PSP107

@MrGeezer: "And if you like the movies in spite of their lack of making sense, then shut up and just enjoy watching mutants blow shit up.But either way, don't strain your brain trying to figure out how the X-Men continuity makes sense. It doesn't. And don't expect the filmmakers to ever start to respect continuity. They won't."

Do you enjoy them?

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

@PSP107 said:

@MrGeezer: "And if you like the movies in spite of their lack of making sense, then shut up and just enjoy watching mutants blow shit up.But either way, don't strain your brain trying to figure out how the X-Men continuity makes sense. It doesn't. And don't expect the filmmakers to ever start to respect continuity. They won't."

Do you enjoy them?

Sort of, until I actually start thinking about what I just saw.

-Blasphemy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 -Blasphemy-
Member since 2005 • 3369 Posts

@LexLas said:

This just hit number 1 on my list, this movie looks terrific ! They have got to get a clean copy out. And who is this God X-man controller of all ?

http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/xmen-apocalypse-stills-show-titular-villain/

i have seen this about a month ago and yeah it looks goooooood !!!

@indzman said:

Please make X-men First Class 2

DOFP was First Class 2. Apocalyspe will be the third movie in the trilogy.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 PSP107

@MrGeezer said:
@PSP107 said:

Do you enjoy them?

Sort of, until I actually start thinking about what I just saw.

Are you going to see Apocalypse day 1?