This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by avtria100 (45 posts) -

I want to buy LCD of 24". Do u guys Prefer LCD or LED ?

#2 Edited by Master_Live (13931 posts) -

I prefer plasma. Had Samsung 42'' LED for a couple of days and brought it back in exchange for a Panasonic Plasma. I just couldn't deal with the "soap opera effect". Of those two, I guess LED is better.

#3 Edited by Smashbrossive50 (2882 posts) -

Had one of those LCDs back in my old house(which was soaked with floodwater in 2002,that tv survived though) but I'm not impressed to keep it for a long time,so in its place I would say a Samsung 40" LED should do just fine, and also...haven't you heard of this yet? LCD is dimmer than LED.

#4 Edited by WESTBLADE (271 posts) -

It's easy. LED tops PLASMA which tops LCD. Only speaking of good quality panels though. I have yet to see a PLASMA TV which tops my SAMSUNG 3D LED TV (For me it's 100% monitor and always have been since i bought it last year...:))

BTW, i have customized settings for my TV to be optimaly used as a monitor. If you used any of the standard presets it has, it would honestly look like shit...

#5 Posted by Smashbrossive50 (2882 posts) -

@WESTBLADE: do you calibrate its brightness and such? I had all of them calibrated with enough light to match the surroundings

#6 Edited by deeliman (2340 posts) -

LED by far. It also has a longer lifespan.

#7 Posted by Smashbrossive50 (2882 posts) -

It's true to modern living standards nowadays, we're not cavemen who are still looking for a dim LCD... Time has changed, and so is the visual technology

#8 Posted by BrazilianFunny (12 posts) -

My tv is 90 inches HDTV LED'

#9 Posted by GazaAli (22492 posts) -

I've only had experience with LCD TVs and monitors and they're nothing to be impressed with. So my guess is that any other current display technology would definitely beat anything LCD. I once used a friend's laptop which had a LED display and it was superior to my LCD laptop.

#10 Edited by RushKing (1738 posts) -

A lot of TVs and monitors labeled as LED, are just LED back lit LCD panels. Unless we are talking about OLED.

#11 Posted by BrazilianFunny (12 posts) -

The tv's from 90s is the bests its fact..

#12 Posted by kraken2109 (12963 posts) -

You do realise that LED is the same as LCD just with different backlighting right?

I love how everybody comes to give advice when they know nothing. This is why we need the audio/video board back.

#13 Posted by foxhound_fox (87320 posts) -

For gaming it goes:

Plasma >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> CRT >>>>>> everything else

#14 Posted by sukraj (21797 posts) -

LED hands down

#15 Posted by cain006 (8625 posts) -

You do realise that LED is the same as LCD just with different backlighting right?

I love how everybody comes to give advice when they know nothing. This is why we need the audio/video board back.

Yup. That's why I avoid threads like this - because when people who actually know about stuff like this come in they make everyone look like morons.

#16 Posted by 6_Dead_360s (1663 posts) -

It goes like this

OLED>>Plasma>>>>>>>>>>>>>>quality LED>>>LCD>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>cheap LED

I've yet to see an LED screen that didn't look like garbage, but apparently the high end models are getting close to plasma, while oled is the best due to absolute blackness. I still really like an lcd with a good panel designed for graphics work, though.