LCD Monitor Burning Out?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sh4d0wc4st3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1 sh4d0wc4st3r
Member since 2005 • 3623 Posts

Sorry if this belongs in the PC forum but more people tend to read things here....

anyway, I was strolling through Wikipedia, when my LCD monitor, that I bought about a year and a half ago seemed to "burn out"...

It started to fade and then it went black.  (It happened in 2 seconds at most if that really matters).   I did the obvious like trying to turn it back on, unpluginning everything and yeah...  Mostly basic things... oh yeah, I also smelled "smoke" too, like the smell when something burns out, lol...  I don't know, to my short knowledge of computers, LCD monitors SHOULD last longer than a year and a half so... yeah... thanks for reading and maybe clarify somethings for me... thanks again and good night from Vancouver. 

nightshade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 nightshade85
Member since 2004 • 5654 Posts
my monitor did that not too long ago - I have heard that LCD do that, it's common, I stick to CRT - but you could try downloading powerstrip - you can adjust the settings of the monitor - sounds like your backlight went out
sh4d0wc4st3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#3 sh4d0wc4st3r
Member since 2005 • 3623 Posts
my monitor did that not too long ago - I have heard that LCD do that, it's common, I stick to CRT - but you could try downloading powerstrip - you can adjust the settings of the monitor - sounds like your backlight went outnightshade85
so it's practically useless now right?
disc0very

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 disc0very
Member since 2006 • 3636 Posts
My old monitor did that about a month or two ago. The only way to see picture on it was to plug it back into the back of the computer, and then the picture would last about 3 seconds. And the bad part was it was 2 months past the warranty that came with it.
KiIIyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 KiIIyou
Member since 2006 • 27204 Posts
Could be your video card, mine just did that a few weeks ago and after i put an old card in it worked just fine. I think mine died from getting too hot for so long because of the small case i have.