Latest X-Men: Days of Future Past Trailer

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 BluRayHiDef
Member since 2009 • 10839 Posts

Check out this clip from the movie, as well.

So, how do you think this movie is shaping up?

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts

Oh wow they really changed things from the comic. Will still see it but less excited than I was.

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

Another trailer so soon after the 2nd one.

I wonder how Charles is able to walk again.

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BluRayHiDef

@chessmaster1989 said:

Oh wow they really changed things from the comic. Will still see it but less excited than I was.

I heard one of the biggest changes was in regard to Sunspot; instead of being black flame, he's ordinary orange flame. When you think about it, it doesn't make sense for him to be black anyway, because the apparent black color of an actual sunspot is caused by the contrast between itself and the rest of the Sun's surface; if a sunspot were isolated, it would be brighter than the moon.

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BluRayHiDef

@gameofthering said:

Another trailer so soon after the 2nd one.

I wonder how Charles is able to walk again.

He has the power to make people see what he wants them to.

Anyhow, this trailer is significantly better than the last one. The movie looks very good and I can't wait to see it.

chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 chessmaster1989
@BluRayHiDef said:

@chessmaster1989 said:

I heard one of the biggest changes was in regard to Sunspot; instead of being black flame, he's ordinary orange flame. When you think about it, it doesn't make sense for him to be black anyway, because the apparent black color of an actual sunspot is caused by the contrast between itself and the rest of the Sun's surface; if a sunspot were isolated, it would be brighter than the moon.

Honestly that's not a huge issue to me, the bigger issue is that as far as I remember he wasn't even in the comic (I don't believe he was introduced until New Mutants, which doesn't happen until a bit later).

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#7 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58839 Posts

First trailer was kinda emo. This is brofest. It's interesting how a different one on a trailer can make a movie seem like a completely different thing, usually that's only done in parody trailers.

Great thing about first class is that Magneeto was basically tthe main character after so many movies focusing on Wolverine. Hopefully this doesn't revert back to "wolverine and friends" and is only using Hugh Jackman so heavily in the trailer to draw people in.

That chick playing Blink is HAWT.

bobaban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 bobaban
Member since 2005 • 10560 Posts

Looks much better. It won't be an adaptation of the comic. Just follow it's general ideas. Fox won't do it like Watchmen.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

Looks ok. Jennifer Lawrence is so hot.

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SaintLeonidas
Member since 2006 • 26735 Posts

Seeing a lot of rape subtext...

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts

watching to much trailer will spoil the fun when watching the actual movie

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BluRayHiDef

@hippiesanta:

Not for me. I watch movies mainly for their tone and their ability to envelope me in their world, as I am an escapist. So as long as the plot is decent, I don't care if it's spoiled. I spoiled Prometheus for myself by reading its plot on Wikipedia before I saw it in theaters, and still enjoyed it; heck, I saw it thrice in theaters, though the third time was free because I snuck in after seeing The Avengers.

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts

@BluRayHiDef said:

@hippiesanta:

* I don't care if it's spoiled.

*I spoiled Prometheus for myself by reading its plot on Wikipedia before I saw it in theaters, and still enjoyed it

the thrill is gone sir ...... it's like finishing the spaghetti before the sauce arrive

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

Came here expecting a BluTV video, got out disappointed.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#15 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

Looks pretty good actually. Me and the X-Men comics were pretty much a hit and a miss so I won't cry over any course changes.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16  Edited By ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

I don't know why they even bother.

The xmen movies are crap.(all of them)Reboot the franchise with a new director or sell the rights back to marvel.

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BluRayHiDef

Why do some people say that First Class is the best X-Men film? It doesn't hold a stick to X2: X-Men United, which is the actual best X-Men film.

First Class was a good film, but its character development was terrible. Havok, Banshee, Darwin and Angel were all extremely underdevopled. Havok and Banshee's development were relagated to a mere montage sequence in which they were taught to master their mutant abilities - a montage sequence that was dominated by Magneto's development, which overshadowed theirs. As for Angel and Darwin, the former defected to the villains' side before her character was developed enough to care about and the latter was killed off after having a mere five minutes of screen time. Furthermore, by killing off Darwin so early, the film followed the old Hollywood trope of killing the Black guy first.

I'll explain why I think X2 is the best X-Men film in a later post. However, I think I've explained well enough why First Class doesn't hold that position. First Class is greatly overrated.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online

The side characters mentioned don't really bother me at all about First Class because they are just that, side characters.

Some of the story elements are stupid. Angel suddenly jumping ship and apparently outright changing character in the space of 20 minutes was dumb. Since, apparently Xavour and Raven are basically brother and sister having grown up together her jumping ship while he lays on the ground (possibly dying) is dumb. The obligatory kiss at the end between MacTaggert and Xavour was totally random. No romance scenes or anything approaching sexual chemistry existed. A lot of it felt forced than natural.

Many things are excellent though imo. And I'm really glad they did focus on Magneeto because he's a great character. Both Magneeto and Sebastian Shaw have some pretty cool sequences in the movie.

But ye, Xmen 2 is better.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

I hope the movie gets released since the director is now under scrutiny for once sexual act against a 17 year old boy :(

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BluRayHiDef

@indzman:

Do you think it's true.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 indzman

@BluRayHiDef said:

@indzman:

Do you think it's true.

Kinda fishy since the boy claiming the rape after 15 years, lets see more to this story. I sincerely hope it dosen't affect X Men release tho.

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

@indzman said:

@BluRayHiDef said:

@indzman:

Do you think it's true.

Kinda fishy since the boy claiming the rape after 15 years, lets see more to this story. I sincerely hope it dosen't affect X Men release tho.

That won't effect the movies release, and quite frankly nothing will come of that claim.

You don't fucking try a rape case 15 years later. There is no way to collect any evidence...

This is just like this one bitch who came out well over a decade later claiming that the lead singer of The Casualties had raped her. She tried saying she thought "the punk scene would take care of it" so she hadn't done anything about it till way late. No case has even got brought forth and the only thing it managed was to get a group of idiots to start protesting the band thanks to her claims that had zero evidence backing them up....

Singer might take a rep hit but nothing more. Hell, Roman Polanski still had a career and his situation was even worse..

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 indzman

@LostProphetFLCL said:

@indzman said:

@BluRayHiDef said:

@indzman:

Do you think it's true.

That won't effect the movies release, and quite frankly nothing will come of that claim.

You don't fucking try a rape case 15 years later. There is no way to collect any evidence...

This is just like this one bitch who came out well over a decade later claiming that the lead singer of The Casualties had raped her. She tried saying she thought "the punk scene would take care of it" so she hadn't done anything about it till way late. No case has even got brought forth and the only thing it managed was to get a group of idiots to start protesting the band thanks to her claims that had zero evidence backing them up....

Singer might take a rep hit but nothing more. Hell, Roman Polanski still had a career and his situation was even worse..

Nice. Yeah , claiming rape after ages seems silly since Bryan Singer is not a stranger that the victim couldn't find in first place. Seems like a publicity stunt for the movie or a money grab scheme ... imo :)

LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 LostProphetFLCL

@indzman said:

@LostProphetFLCL said:

@indzman said:

@BluRayHiDef said:

@indzman:

Do you think it's true.

Nice. Yeah , claiming rape after ages seems silly since Bryan Singer is not a stranger that the victim couldn't find in first place. Seems like a publicity stunt for the movie or a money grab scheme ... imo :)

Probably a money grab scheme or just a random attack on Singer.

This stuff just pisses me off. Either they are lying, or they sat there and did NOTHING about the situation till years and years later, which means they allowed a rapist to keep going around potentially raping more people...

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 indzman

@LostProphetFLCL said:

@indzman said:

@LostProphetFLCL said:

@indzman said:

@BluRayHiDef said:

@indzman:

Do you think it's true.

This stuff just pisses me off. Either they are lying, or they sat there and did NOTHING about the situation till years and years later, which means they allowed a rapist to keep going around potentially raping more people...

Very true :)

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

@LostProphetFLCL said:

If he's telling the truth and sat around for years doing nothing, I'm saving my anger for the rapist.

LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 LostProphetFLCL

@MrGeezer said:

@LostProphetFLCL said:

If he's telling the truth and sat around for years doing nothing, I'm saving my anger for the rapist.

As far as I am concerned they are essentially two sides of the same stone.

Standing around and letting shit like that happen is just as bad as doing that shit yourself.

At this point his claims mean crap because he just sat around and did nothing. If Singer is indeed a rapist we now have no way of bringing him to justice unless Singer does this again to someone who actually does something about it, and even then that now means we have to add another victim into the mix which I do not want at all...

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 MrGeezer

@LostProphetFLCL said:

@MrGeezer said:

@LostProphetFLCL said:

Standing around and letting shit like that happen is just as bad as doing that shit yourself.

At this point his claims mean crap because he just sat around and did nothing. If Singer is indeed a rapist we now have no way of bringing him to justice unless Singer does this again to someone who actually does something about it, and even then that now means we have to add another victim into the mix which I do not want at all...

No, failing to report a serious crime isn't nearly as bad as committing a serious crime. Getting raped by a dude and not reporting it (which, by the way, he's doing now) isn't nearly as bad as raping a dude. You see, one of those people raped a dude, the other didn't.

Allegedly, of course.

The thing is, your thoughts on this sort of imply that it's better to never report this kind of stuff at all rather than report it late. Sure, if it happened then it should have been reported sooner, but it's not as if rape victims can travel back in time. At this point NOW, there are only two options: report the rape late or don't report it at all. We're then looking at the guy reporting it late and actually saying that he should have kept his mouth shut.

LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 LostProphetFLCL

@MrGeezer said:

@LostProphetFLCL said:

@MrGeezer said:

@LostProphetFLCL said:

No, failing to report a serious crime isn't nearly as bad as committing a serious crime. Getting raped by a dude and not reporting it (which, by the way, he's doing now) isn't nearly as bad as raping a dude. You see, one of those people raped a dude, the other didn't.

Allegedly, of course.

The thing is, your thoughts on this sort of imply that it's better to never report this kind of stuff at all rather than report it late. Sure, if it happened then it should have been reported sooner, but it's not as if rape victims can travel back in time. At this point NOW, there are only two options: report the rape late or don't report it at all. We're then looking at the guy reporting it late and actually saying that he should have kept his mouth shut.

My issue is that reporting it now doesn't do shit. He should have done this right after it had happened.

And yes it is just as bad. When you have the chance to bring somebody like a rapist to justice you NEED to do it. Letting it go like that just leaves a monster out there to do this shit to more people. If someone witnessed a rape happen and did nothing about it would you not be calling them out for not doing their part in taking down a monster? This is exactly what this guy did. Him being a victim doesn't excuse him from not doing the right thing and bringing the monster down.

Reporting this NOW, right when Singer is about to release a big movie, just seems like a money grab which makes me think that yeah, maybe coming out NOW wasn't the best idea. He just makes his case even WORSE by doing this now.

I am sorry but I also don't believe this guys excuse either. Singer has been a decently big director for YEARS now. This upcoming X-Men movie has not gotten his face shown anymore than it has in the past. If he is falsely crying rape then he is an absolutely disgusting human being for making light of such a heinous crime.

Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Shottayouth13-
Member since 2009 • 7018 Posts

They better have a damn good explanation as to why Xavier can walk again.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#31 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

Can't wait. Watching it week one.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 MrGeezer

@LostProphetFLCL said:

My issue is that reporting it now doesn't do shit. He should have done this right after it had happened.

And yes it is just as bad. When you have the chance to bring somebody like a rapist to justice you NEED to do it. Letting it go like that just leaves a monster out there to do this shit to more people. If someone witnessed a rape happen and did nothing about it would you not be calling them out for not doing their part in taking down a monster? This is exactly what this guy did. Him being a victim doesn't excuse him from not doing the right thing and bringing the monster down.

Reporting this NOW, right when Singer is about to release a big movie, just seems like a money grab which makes me think that yeah, maybe coming out NOW wasn't the best idea. He just makes his case even WORSE by doing this now.

I am sorry but I also don't believe this guys excuse either. Singer has been a decently big director for YEARS now. This upcoming X-Men movie has not gotten his face shown anymore than it has in the past. If he is falsely crying rape then he is an absolutely disgusting human being for making light of such a heinous crime.

Reporting MOST rapes doesn't do shit, because there's no evidence. That doesn't mean that victims shouldn't report it.

The thing is, if he was indeed raped, then he IS doing something to bring the monster down. You can cite a lack of evidence, but that's true of most rapes, regardless of how soon they are reported. But you still expect people to report it because there's a CHANCE of it helping someone. Even if the dude isn't convicted, reporting the rape could get other victims to come forward. At the very least, the mere accusation could make people more wary of the dude, which very well could prevent someone else from letting their guard down around him and becoming another victim. You're literally complaining about him doing the exact same thing that you're saying he should be doing. Again, a rape victim's only options are to report or not report, and you're criticizing him for reporting it.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#33 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

@MrGeezer said:

@LostProphetFLCL said:

This.

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By BluRayHiDef

Maybe the alleged rape victim was ashamed because he viewed the incident as a threat to his masculinity.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50545 Posts

@chessmaster1989 said:

Heh, the storyline in the comics wasn't that good.

LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 LostProphetFLCL

@MrGeezer said:

@LostProphetFLCL said:

Reporting MOST rapes doesn't do shit, because there's no evidence. That doesn't mean that victims shouldn't report it.

The thing is, if he was indeed raped, then he IS doing something to bring the monster down. You can cite a lack of evidence, but that's true of most rapes, regardless of how soon they are reported. But you still expect people to report it because there's a CHANCE of it helping someone. Even if the dude isn't convicted, reporting the rape could get other victims to come forward. At the very least, the mere accusation could make people more wary of the dude, which very well could prevent someone else from letting their guard down around him and becoming another victim. You're literally complaining about him doing the exact same thing that you're saying he should be doing. Again, a rape victim's only options are to report or not report, and you're criticizing him for reporting it.

Reporting rape 15 years after the fact does NOTHING! Reporting it while the incident is fresh does, especially if one has the head on their shoulders to go to the police station and get a rape kit done. Rape is an accusation where people are very much viewed as guilty until proven innocent.

Time is crucial though, not just in preventing further rapes, but in making your case possible to win. It completely kills his position considering how long he waited to do this. There is NO CHANCE he can come through with a conviction here. Not when 15 years has gone by making it so he can't even be considered to have a reasonable recollection of the night in question, nor have any of the slightest hope of having evidence to present.

Reporting it now can get victims to come forward, but how many of them wouldn't have been victims had this been taken care of when it happened?

I am not criticizing him for reporting it, I am criticizing him for waiting so damn long to report it considering now it doesn't really do anything to help matters. I understand there are serious issues in regards to society being an absolute BITCH towards men who are victims of domestic assault and sexual abuse, but that doesn't excuse someone for their responsibility in at least trying to bring their attacker down before they can go prey on others.

Of course the real kicker here is the timing. I definitely do not think that it is a coincidence that this is coming out right before Singer releases what is poised to be a MASSIVELY successful movie. That means there are two disgusting options here: This guy made this shit up in hopes of MAYBE getting lucky and getting some money from Singer, or the guy DID get raped and just sat around waiting for the opportune time to bring this up to squeeze the most money out of Singer.

Either way, this situation is just fucked and for once I do not find myself rallying around the rape victim.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By MrGeezer

@LostProphetFLCL said:

Reporting rape 15 years after the fact does NOTHING! Reporting it while the incident is fresh does, especially if one has the head on their shoulders to go to the police station and get a rape kit done. Rape is an accusation where people are very much viewed as guilty until proven innocent.

Time is crucial though, not just in preventing further rapes, but in making your case possible to win. It completely kills his position considering how long he waited to do this. There is NO CHANCE he can come through with a conviction here. Not when 15 years has gone by making it so he can't even be considered to have a reasonable recollection of the night in question, nor have any of the slightest hope of having evidence to present.

Reporting it now can get victims to come forward, but how many of them wouldn't have been victims had this been taken care of when it happened?

I am not criticizing him for reporting it, I am criticizing him for waiting so damn long to report it considering now it doesn't really do anything to help matters. I understand there are serious issues in regards to society being an absolute BITCH towards men who are victims of domestic assault and sexual abuse, but that doesn't excuse someone for their responsibility in at least trying to bring their attacker down before they can go prey on others.

Of course the real kicker here is the timing. I definitely do not think that it is a coincidence that this is coming out right before Singer releases what is poised to be a MASSIVELY successful movie. That means there are two disgusting options here: This guy made this shit up in hopes of MAYBE getting lucky and getting some money from Singer, or the guy DID get raped and just sat around waiting for the opportune time to bring this up to squeeze the most money out of Singer.

Either way, this situation is just fucked and for once I do not find myself rallying around the rape victim.

And again, reporting it 15 years ago IS NOT AN OPTION. I don't know where you got the impression that being a rape victim allows one to travel back in time. The dude has two options: report it, or keep not reporting it. The point is that IF it actually happened, then yes he should freaking report it. Which is exactly what he's doing. Again, the whole vibe I'm getting from you isn't "good for reporting it, but he should have done it a lot sooner." No, I was getting more along the lines of "that piece of shit waited too long, his wndow passed, so he needs to shut the hell up about it."

Now, as far as whether or not this actually happened, that's beside the point. We were speaking from the point of view of IF he hypothetically did it. I certainly have my doubts, but I don't need to point the finger at someone reporting a rape and call him/her a fucking liar. It's not about what I believe, it's about what can be proven. Considering the fact that most REAL rapes can't be proven, I'm certainly hesitant to point the finger at people reporting rapes and calling them fucking liars. At the same time, lots of rapists DO get off scott free, because there's no way to prove that they're rapists. And that's exactly how things should happen because you don't throw people under the bus (evenif they totally did it) without having some measure of proof. If it can be proven that the rape did happen, then good for this guy for coming forward. Yes, even if it took him 15 years to do so, because waiting 15 years is better than NEVER coming forward (which is exactly the case for many rape victims). If it can be proven that the rape didn't happen, then the accuser is clearly a piece of shit and should be countersued. But again, that has nothing to do with the hypothetical situation of IF the rape happened. IF the rape happened, and then people shouldn't be throwing the accuser under the bus for waiting along. That just contributes to a culture in which future rapes don't go reported. Because people look at the last victim, see what happened to them, and then don't report shit.

EDIT: And no, rape accusations usually don't result in hard evidence, even when done soon. rape is notoriously difficult to prove, because even if you can prove that sex occured it is often extremely difficult to prove that it was non-consentual. A shitload of rape victims often DO report it soon after the fact, and there's nothing that can be done because there's no way to prove it was rape. You really need to throw out the notion that it's easy to prove rape just by reporting it soon. That just leads to the notion that "if the the accused got off scott free, then he must not have done it." That just leads to ACTUAL rape victims thinking they're gonna be further dragged through the mud if they report a rape without being able to prove it, and that just contributes to actual rape victims not reporting rape.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 uninspiredcup  Online

Sex parties and guns in mouths

Wonder if this will turn into a big Jimmy Saville type thing in which we find out (shocking!) people in showbiz are a bunch of cunts.

chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By chessmaster1989
@Chutebox said:

@chessmaster1989 said:

Burn the heretic!

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#41 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

looks sweet.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50545 Posts

@chessmaster1989 said:
@Chutebox said:

@chessmaster1989 said:

Burn the heretic!

Lol, seriously. I was disappointed. I bought the "book" version, and was bored. Most of it was cyclops day dreaming.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online

I got a free book version with "The Wolverine" comic in the blueray case. In the book, he fights and kills a bear. Basically, cuts off it's arm and kills it. That's it.... In the movie, the bear doesn't outright attack him. Ir peacefully just ignores him (as bears do a lot of the time). And later he has to put it out of it's misery due to an illegal poison arrow with some douche boasting in bar. It was much better in the movie even though it was different.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#44 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

Sudden stupid housewife apperance,

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By BluRayHiDef

@Chutebox said:

@chessmaster1989 said:

Why do you think this?