Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#1252  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58900 Posts

Killers Klowns From Outer Space

Movies like "American Ninja" have a charm, they are a product of their time, made from a foreigner who had a concept of an American action movie, it's not self-aware, with genuine conviction. This movie deliberately tries to be ridiculous and thinks it's funnier than it actually is.

Shite, not even in a good way.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1253 uninspiredcup

@Watershiprabbit said:

Texas Chainsaw Massacre

The classic 1974 version.

Man that's an awesome cover.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1254 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23031 Posts

@korvus said:

The Voices

A friend and I were talking about Ryan Reynolds and Deadpool so he asked me if I had seen "The Voices" and I said no. According to his explanation I was expecting a mix between Dr Doolittle and every "guy meets girl" movie ever made...I ended up with a mix between Dexter and Donnie Darko...SO not what I was expecting O_o My friend either sucks at synopses or he's a bloody genius.

That sounds bloody awful but that sounds different enough to give be interesting.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1255 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

Kramer vs Kramer. Solid one.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1256 uninspiredcup

Hunted

Basically Rambo 1 is he was chased by Rambo 4. Very loose plot but great chase scenes and awesome CQC scenes.

Some shit doesn't make sense though.

He jumps into a raging river chase by the police, during the time of 1 day, has the time to hand craft a knife, make a giant wooden log trap straight from predator, set up traps to drop someone on a specific point on a river... meanwhile (for some reason) Tommy Lee Jones scraps together a shitty little flint knife, even though he is surrounded by cops with actual knifes.

I dono, good swishy swish though.

CrimsonBrute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#1257 CrimsonBrute  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 25603 Posts

A Million Ways To Die In The West - Good movie, the jokes were right up my alley unfortunately they were few and far between. 8.5/10

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#1258 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

Louie Season 2: 7/10, show overall: 7/10

A love Louis CK, he is my favorite comedian. But his show takes me places I don't wanna go when I'm relaxing and looking for a laugh. I admire his integrity, the show is all him. The laugh to time ratio isn't high enough.

Brutal_Elitegs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1259 Brutal_Elitegs
Member since 2004 • 16426 Posts
@sammyjenkis898 said:

I just watched Only Yesterday because of you and now I feel utterly defeated.

I figured you'd like it. It's secretly Ghibli's best film. It's a distillation of nostalgia and the self-reflection and longing that is associated with that. The last 20 minutes is pretty emotional stuff. We tend to hark back when we're not content with the present, but we also have a tendency to romanticise the past, and that thread in Taeko's nostalgic tapestry in unravelled the moment Taeko realises that she is ''play farming'' and living her adult life in artificial moments. She's not really living in the present. She's aware of how her past has shaped her and that makes her cautious of every step forward. That's what makes the credit scene so damn powerful; instead of annually ''play farming'' and then going back to the humdrum of life in the city, she decides to take that step foward and actually live in the present, uncertain of the path that she is taking but one that she feels she must take. Follow your heart, basically.

Enough verbal garbage, here's some music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch1k99N3FAk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20CGecUxCZU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_TxP4nA0P8

Also, find 60 minutes out of your day or week and watch ISABD.

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1261 sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts

@Brutal_Elitegs said:

@sammyjenkis898 said:

I just watched Only Yesterday because of you and now I feel utterly defeated.

I figured you'd like it. It's secretly Ghibli's best film. It's a distillation of nostalgia and the self-reflection and longing that is associated with that. The last 20 minutes is pretty emotional stuff. We tend to hark back when we're not content with the present, but we also have a tendency to romanticise the past, and that thread in Taeko's nostalgic tapestry in unravelled the moment Taeko realises that she is ''play farming'' and living her adult life in artificial moments. She's not really living in the present. She's aware of how her past has shaped her and that makes her cautious of every step forward. That's what makes the credit scene so damn powerful; instead of annually ''play farming'' and then going back to the humdrum of life in the city, she decides to take that step foward and actually live in the present, uncertain of the path that she is taking but one that she feels she must take. Follow your heart, basically.

Enough verbal garbage, here's some music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch1k99N3FAk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20CGecUxCZU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_TxP4nA0P8

Also, find 60 minutes out of your day or week and watch ISABD.

You have such a way with words, Brutal. The final five minutes have been lingering in my mind for essentially the reasons you listed.

Listening to the first track. Bittersweet.

Brutal_Elitegs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1262 Brutal_Elitegs
Member since 2004 • 16426 Posts
@sammyjenkis898 said:

You have such a way with words, Brutal.

Me? MichaelBluthnonono.gif

I have the writing equivalent of l'esprit de l'escalier. I'm surprised I didn't edit bomb that post. But...

http://i.imgur.com/v8k0Ekb.gif

We can still never be friends because of Porco.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1263 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

@klunt_bumskrint said:

Watched Intersteller last night.

Brilliant

It was pretty good, but there were some things that annoyed me about it. I'm gonna avoid the usual "Christopher Nolan complaints" because I knew it was a Christopher Nolan movie so it feels pointless for me to harp on that stuff. But a few minor annoyances...

1) It kind of bugged me a bit when they were just zipping from planet to planet in that little ship. Why? Mostly because of that great sequence when they first left Earth. Point being, they start off leaving Earth in a multistage rocket, with the cinematography doing a really good job of showing how awesome NASA is. That sequence was a pure love letter to our modern day space technology, which is fitting given the movie's premise of the space programs all being shut down. Great scene. The problem is that later they abandon all that shit, and then can zip around from planet to planet in this tiny ship. So that's a pretty big disconnect. That makes me feel like I'm being manipulated. The earlier scene feels like something out of Apollo 13, like something to celebrate how awesome our technology is and to evoke a sense of awe about what we've been able to achieve. Then they immediately throw that away, and get a better more futuristic shit that does everything better. That's kind of lame. To me, it kind of feels like they're trying to try way too hard to pay respect to our modern space-faring endeavors, and then immediately saying afterwards, "but that shit's sort of lame, so here's a better way to do it."

2) And this may be me misunderstanding physics,but what was with that one dude waiting so long on the ship while the rest of the crew was on the planet? I mean, I understand that time dilation is a thing which is influenced by gravity, but how did going down to the planet cause such a shift in the passage of time? After all, it wasn't the planet that was causing that effect, it was the black hole that was causing that effect. So how does going down to the PLANET cause such a difference when the mothership is closely orbiting the planet? That still makes both the mothership and the planet at approximately the same distance from the black hole, doesn't it?

3) Weren't the massive waves on that planet caused by the tidal forces of the black hole? That's the impression I got. So my thought is, why wasn't McConahey ripped to shreds by those tidal forces? Granted, what happens beyond the event horizon is anyone's guess, so the filmmakers can make up whatever shit they want to there. But BEFORE passing the event horizon? Shouldn't the tidal forces have ripped Matthew M and his ship into strands of metal ribbon and meat spaghetti before he even got there?

dylandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#1264 dylandr
Member since 2015 • 4940 Posts

Hmmm, lately i've seen:

The good, The bad and The ugly

The Terminator 2: Judgement day

Predator

Shrek 1,2,3 (i was bored and sick xD)

Avatar image for deactivated-579f651eab962
deactivated-579f651eab962

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#1265 deactivated-579f651eab962
Member since 2003 • 5404 Posts

@MrGeezer said:

@klunt_bumskrint said:

Brilliant

It was pretty good, but there were some things that annoyed me about it. I'm gonna avoid the usual "Christopher Nolan complaints" because I knew it was a Christopher Nolan movie so it feels pointless for me to harp on that stuff. But a few minor annoyances...

1) It kind of bugged me a bit when they were just zipping from planet to planet in that little ship. Why? Mostly because of that great sequence when they first left Earth. Point being, they start off leaving Earth in a multistage rocket, with the cinematography doing a really good job of showing how awesome NASA is. That sequence was a pure love letter to our modern day space technology, which is fitting given the movie's premise of the space programs all being shut down. Great scene. The problem is that later they abandon all that shit, and then can zip around from planet to planet in this tiny ship. So that's a pretty big disconnect. That makes me feel like I'm being manipulated. The earlier scene feels like something out of Apollo 13, like something to celebrate how awesome our technology is and to evoke a sense of awe about what we've been able to achieve. Then they immediately throw that away, and get a better more futuristic shit that does everything better. That's kind of lame. To me, it kind of feels like they're trying to try way too hard to pay respect to our modern space-faring endeavors, and then immediately saying afterwards, "but that shit's sort of lame, so here's a better way to do it."

2) And this may be me misunderstanding physics,but what was with that one dude waiting so long on the ship while the rest of the crew was on the planet? I mean, I understand that time dilation is a thing which is influenced by gravity, but how did going down to the planet cause such a shift in the passage of time? After all, it wasn't the planet that was causing that effect, it was the black hole that was causing that effect. So how does going down to the PLANET cause such a difference when the mothership is closely orbiting the planet? That still makes both the mothership and the planet at approximately the same distance from the black hole, doesn't it?

3) Weren't the massive waves on that planet caused by the tidal forces of the black hole? That's the impression I got. So my thought is, why wasn't McConahey ripped to shreds by those tidal forces? Granted, what happens beyond the event horizon is anyone's guess, so the filmmakers can make up whatever shit they want to there. But BEFORE passing the event horizon? Shouldn't the tidal forces have ripped Matthew M and his ship into strands of metal ribbon and meat spaghetti before he even got there?

Lol, yeah but we don't worry about that stuff....

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#1266 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@dylandr said:

Hmmm, lately i've seen:

The good, The bad and The ugly

The Terminator 2: Judgement day

Predator

Shrek 1,2,3 (i was bored and sick xD)

I love the terminator and Predator and are you looking forward to the new terminator movie?

dylandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1267 dylandr

@sukraj: Kinda, i want to see arnold with his oneliners but idk when or where to watch it :L

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1268 sammyjenkis898

@Brutal_Elitegs said:

@sammyjenkis898 said:

You have such a way with words, Brutal.

Me? MichaelBluthnonono.gif

I have the writing equivalent of l'esprit de l'escalier. I'm surprised I didn't edit bomb that post. But...

We can still never be friends because of Porco.

I'll give it another shot one of these days, for you. Gonna watch When Marnie Was There sometime this week and work my way through Satoshi Kon's filmography.

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1269  Edited By sammyjenkis898

Again. Went with a "friend" who complained afterwards that it was nothing more than an STD monster, which just strikes me as incredibly close-minded.

The film is clearly coming from a coming-of-age angle. Mitchell just took what he did in his first film and applied a rather inventive concept to it. It's about people pining for the past while being lost in the present. There are plenty of obvious moments that prove this (the date wanting to switch lives with the kid), but the thing itself makes the group reconnect and push forward.

There are a couple of instances where the characters themselves grasp onto the long gone innocence. Jay runs off to a swing set for solitude after spotting the large man in the hallway, the group ventures to a spot that involved a first kiss, drink, etc. in order to defeat It. Hell, even the last thing we hear before a cut to black is the sound of children playing in the distance.

It skillfully uses the tropes of horror (not splitting up!) for its themes, and ends up working its favor by the film's end. There's a body count of two for a reason (guy wasn't willing to accept the inevitable); Jay and Paul have an understanding for what's to come, and do their best to take care of it (close up of hands suggests that they're communicating about It without being obvious.)

The best horror film since I don't know. The slow-mo shot when Jay wanders into the kitchen and we only see her side profile for a good bit, then she slowly turns her head towards the camera and backs up against the wall screaming is so, so good.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#1270 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

Two Jackie Chan movies: Mr. Nice Guy and a rewatch of First Strike (aka Police Story 4).

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#1271 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

@Brutal_Elitegs said:

The Legend of Drunken Master

A fine choice. One of my favorites by Jackie.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1272 sukraj

Woman in Black

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1273 sammyjenkis898

Lord_Daemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#1274  Edited By Lord_Daemon
Member since 2005 • 24535 Posts

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1275 sukraj

California Man I watched it with my wife and kids they loved it.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1276 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

The Gatekeepers, such a profound watch.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1277 uninspiredcup

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#1278 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

The Sixth sense and Kung Fu Panda.

@klunt_bumskrint said:

Brilliant

One of the best movies I've ever watched.

Avatar image for deactivated-594a3bc65f462
deactivated-594a3bc65f462

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 5

#1279 deactivated-594a3bc65f462
Member since 2011 • 38 Posts

Interstellar, and my god, what an masterpiece. Hans Zimmer work took me to another world, just by his magical work, truly amazing.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1280 sukraj

16 Wishes

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1281 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56078 Posts

I finally got around watching Osmosis Jones. There's so much adult jokes, innuendo, and dark moments in this movie. I enjoy it, can't believe this movie fell out my radar.

dylandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1283 dylandr

@Iszdope: What about every Final Fantasy :D

dylandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1285 dylandr

@Iszdope: sadly: yes

dylandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1287 dylandr

@Iszdope: MHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHM

dylandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1289 dylandr

@Iszdope: Square be like:

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1290  Edited By sukraj

I spit on your grave 2

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#1291 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

The Treasure of the Sierra Madre: 7/10

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#1292  Edited By thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

The Avengers : Age Of Ultron 5/10

Action and effects were good, everything else about the film was awkward and forced.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1293 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

Ex Machina 8/10

silkylove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#1294 silkylove
Member since 2002 • 8579 Posts

Revenge of the Nerds

MyNameIsWill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1295 MyNameIsWill
Member since 2015 • 31 Posts

Insurgent.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#1296  Edited By alim298
Member since 2012 • 2747 Posts

Dracula Untold 2/10

Great premise, terrible execution.

Avatar image for Watershiprabbit
Watershiprabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1297  Edited By Watershiprabbit
Member since 2006 • 91 Posts

The Lone Ranger. One of the best movies of 2013.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1298  Edited By uninspiredcup

Terminator

"**** you, asshole"

11/10

Avatar image for Watershiprabbit
Watershiprabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1299 Watershiprabbit
Member since 2006 • 91 Posts

The Pirates Band of Misfits 8/10

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1300  Edited By uninspiredcup

Oblivion

Movie starts off well, but carries on too long, features many drawn out action sequences thar glaze your eyes over and Morgan Freeman dresses like an asshole.

11/10