kurt cobain 20th anniversary coming up

This topic is locked from further discussion.

moloch999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 moloch999
Member since 2014 • 155 Posts

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/20/showbiz/kurt-cobain-death-probe/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

what does everyone think, suicide? murder?

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

It's a pact with the rest of the group to gain fame\money.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

who?

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts

@Nengo_Flow said:

who?

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

@hippiesanta said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

who?

what?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178843 Posts

Suicide....and it shouldn't surprise anyone that people with drug habit take that route.

Those saying who.....shame pop culture passes you by.

Wilfred_Owen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#7 Wilfred_Owen
Member since 2005 • 20964 Posts

It was really the Lords of Omniverse 18. Dastardly. Cunning. And perhaps a little to good looking to boot. That is what drives them all insane.

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Nibroc420
Member since 2007 • 13571 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

Suicide....and it shouldn't surprise anyone that people with drug habit take that route.

Making ignorant generalizations as always i see.

moloch999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 moloch999

@LJS9502_basic said:

Courtney Love murdered him.

chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 chaplainDMK
Member since 2008 • 7004 Posts

He played Russian roulette against the mice in his skin with a pumpaction shotgun... He lost

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#11 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6085 Posts

Nirvana had one decent album and a bunch of posers went ape sh*t when Kurt Cobain died.No big thing that he died.I'm sorry the man died,but he did that to himself.Plus Nevermind was a OVERATED album.

chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 chaplainDMK
Member since 2008 • 7004 Posts

@brimmul777 said:

Nirvana had one decent album and a bunch of posers went ape sh*t when Kurt Cobain died.No big thing that he died.I'm sorry the man died,but he did that to himself.Plus Nevermind was a OVERATED album.

You can't really deny that they were a decent band, plus Nevermind is probably their weakest effort imo, Unplugged, Bleach and In Utero are all far better. Nevermind is just an oddball middle of the road album that doesn't have neither the raw punkish energy appeal of Bleach nor the more mesmerizing and melancholic qualities of In Utero. It certainly doesn't come close to Unplugged.

Qixote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 Qixote
Member since 2002 • 10843 Posts

@moloch999 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Courtney Love murdered him.

Technically she hired someone else to murder him, and made to look like a suicide.

And so true that drug habits can cause people to do such harsh things. Courtney was a bigger addict than Kurt was.

Avatar image for deactivated-585ea4b128526
deactivated-585ea4b128526

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-585ea4b128526
Member since 2007 • 612 Posts

Courtney Love killed him. Whether or not he deserved it, or asked for it, who knows.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Well he was married to Courtney Love so not surprising

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Nibroc420

@reaper4278 said:

@Nibroc420 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

So first you come to the defense of Russia when they invade a neighboring country and now you are defending heroin addicts?

This is in no way a generalization and it is absurd to even imply it is.

"Overall, heroin users are 14 times more likely than peers to die from suicide."

Linking won't work for me for some reason so here; plenty more where this came from: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1046/j.1360-0443.2002.00214.x/abstract;jsessionid=0581298494721D93242EEC18821285D1.f04t01?deniedAccessCustomisedMessage=&userIsAuthenticated=false

Wow,

1.) Russia didn't invade anyone, Crimea wanted to Join Russia. Crimea used to belong to Ukraine, and fearing their government, the citizens voted to be annexed into Russia.Russia has troops on the Crimea/Ukraine Border, because the Ukraine government was shooting civilians simply for protesting. Russia is using it's army to protect the citizens of Crimea from a genocide by the hands of Ukraine.

2.) I never once mentioned Heroin addicts. I just find it absurd that given the amount of drug addictions in America, vs the suicide rate, people like LJS can make ignorant statements suggesting that it's a common occurrence for "people with drug habit" to attempt suicide.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 LJS9502_basic

@Nibroc420 said:

@reaper4278 said:

@Nibroc420 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

So first you come to the defense of Russia when they invade a neighboring country and now you are defending heroin addicts?

"Overall, heroin users are 14 times more likely than peers to die from suicide."

Linking won't work for me for some reason so here; plenty more where this came from: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1046/j.1360-0443.2002.00214.x/abstract;jsessionid=0581298494721D93242EEC18821285D1.f04t01?deniedAccessCustomisedMessage=&userIsAuthenticated=false

Wow,

1.) Russia didn't invade anyone, Crimea wanted to Join Russia. Crimea used to belong to Ukraine, and fearing their government, the citizens voted to be annexed into Russia.Russia has troops on the Crimea/Ukraine Border, because the Ukraine government was shooting civilians simply for protesting. Russia is using it's army to protect the citizens of Crimea from a genocide by the hands of Ukraine.

2.) I never once mentioned Heroin addicts. I just find it absurd that given the amount of drug addictions in America, vs the suicide rate, people like LJS can make ignorant statements suggesting that it's a common occurrence for "people with drug habit" to attempt suicide.

Do you ever understand what you read? To say there aren't people with addiction problems that choose suicide is stupid. But then I guess I should consider the source.

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Nibroc420

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Nibroc420 said:

@reaper4278 said:

@Nibroc420 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Wow,

Do you ever understand what you read? To say there aren't people with addiction problems that choose suicide is stupid. But then I guess I should consider the source.

There's a difference between

"A small percentage of people with drug addictions, take their lives"

and

"Well, no-one should be surprised that he committed suicide, it shouldn't surprise anyone that people with drug habit take that route."

Seems you fail and reading comprehension to the point where you're not even understanding what you write.

moloch999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 moloch999

@Nibroc420 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Nibroc420 said:

@reaper4278 said:

@Nibroc420 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Wow,

and

"Well, no-one should be surprised that he committed suicide, it shouldn't surprise anyone that people with drug habit take that route."

Seems you fail and reading comprehension to the point where you're not even understanding what you write.

85 percent of drug users end up dying.

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Nibroc420

@moloch999 said:

@Nibroc420 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Nibroc420 said:

@reaper4278 said:

@Nibroc420 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Wow,

and

85 percent of drug users end up dying.

Correction.

100% of drug users end up dying.along with 100% of all living organisms.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@Nibroc420 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Nibroc420 said:

Wow,

and

You really do have a hard on for trolling me. The use of people is correct as more than one person with a drug addiction has, in fact, committed suicide. It is not an uncommon happening. I realize you love semantics and are quite pedantic...but please learn how to use vocabulary properly first.

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Nibroc420

@reaper4278:I dont know if you're trolling, or what it is.

1.) We were not talking "illicit drugs", so please stop moving the goalposts.

@LJS9502_basic said:

Common drugs used among people:
TobaccoAlcohol
Painkillers.

Are you telling me, that if someone smokes a cigarette. No-one should be surprised if they commit suicide?
Every person at a bar/nightclub, could commit suicide, and "it shouldn't surprise anyone" because they were drinking liquor?

moloch999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 moloch999

@Nibroc420 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

TobaccoAlcohol

Painkillers.

Are you telling me, that if someone smokes a cigarette. No-one should be surprised if they commit suicide?

Every person at a bar/nightclub, could commit suicide, and "it shouldn't surprise anyone" because they were drinking liquor?

So you're comparing ciggs to heroine? Good debate coming up.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 LJS9502_basic

@Nibroc420 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

TobaccoAlcohol

Painkillers.

He's right....you need to give up. You won't win.

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Nibroc420

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Nibroc420 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Nibroc420 said:

Wow,

and

You really do have a hard on for trolling me. The use of people is correct as more than one person with a drug addiction has, in fact, committed suicide. It is not an uncommon happening. I realize you love semantics and are quite pedantic...but please learn how to use vocabulary properly first.

There are more commonly used drugs than heroin or meth.

I guess because you take a Tylenol for headaches, no-one should be surprised if you suicide.

Really, no-one should be surprised if anyone commits suicide by your logic.Between Caffine, cough medicines, headache remedies, liqour, and cigarettes everyone's got some drug use in their life.

moloch999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 moloch999

@reaper4278 said:

@Nibroc420 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

TobaccoAlcohol

Painkillers.

Do you really think he was referring to cigarettes? Seriously? Cobain was on HEROIN when he killed himself. Use some common sense please.

He was murdered.

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Nibroc420

@reaper4278 said:

@Nibroc420 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

TobaccoAlcohol

Painkillers.

Do you really think he was referring to cigarettes? Seriously? Cobain was on HEROIN when he killed himself. Use some common sense please.

I never said he was referring to cigarettes. However he made a generalization and I pointed it out.
You're the one who made a big thing about it.

Are you surprised that things like Cigs and Coffee are drugs? Where did you go to school? :s

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 LJS9502_basic

@Nibroc420 said:

@reaper4278 said:

@Nibroc420 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

TobaccoAlcohol

Painkillers.

I never said he was referring to cigarettes. However he made a generalization and I pointed it out.

You're the one who made a big thing about it.

Are you surprised that things like Cigs and Coffee are drugs? Where did you gTo to school? :s

No I did NOT make a generalization....you just suck at reading comprehension. This thread is about Cobain. Hence I'm referring to his drug habit. But like I said....you'll make an ass of yourself consistently to troll me. You need to get over your obsession with quoting me and trying illogical arguments for attention dude.

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Nibroc420

@LJS9502_basic said:

No I did NOT make a generalization....you just suck at reading comprehension. This thread is about Cobain. Hence I'm referring to his drug habit. But like I said....you'll make an ass of yourself consistently to troll me. You need to get over your obsession with quoting me and trying illogical arguments for attention dude.

42.1 million people in the USA smoke cigarettes.

http://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statistics/fact_sheets/adult_data/cig_smoking/

More than 50% of the USA is considered a "regular drinker"
http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/alcohol.htm
There are 319 million people in the USA, so that's 159.5 million people drink regularly, we can call that a habit.

There were 38,364 total suicides in the USA.

So, Ignoring the smokers, as there's probbably some overlap, and ignoring all the illicit drugs, and all the legal drug abuses.

(38364/319000000)x100 = 0.012%

Yet

@LJS9502_basic said:

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

Another thread turned into a pathetic mess.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 LJS9502_basic

@Nibroc420 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

More than 50% of the USA is considered a "regular drinker"http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/alcohol.htmThere are 319 million people in the USA, so that's 159.5 million people drink regularly, we can call that a habit.

Yet

@LJS9502_basic said:

First...we're not talking about alcohol. We are talking about heroin in regard to Cobain. It's well documented what drug he struggled with. Your straw man fails.

Second, I did not say all drug users. I said drug users. Period. It is amusing the attempts you to in order to troll...but you are making an ass of yourself. Though I don't think you are bright enough to see that.

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Nibroc420
@reaper4278 said:

Then why are you talking about cigarettes and alcohol? Coffee? lol. No one brought those up. You really are trying too hard.

He said "people with a drug habit".
Well, Caffeine is a drug.
Alcohol is a drug.
Nicotine is a drug.

@reaper4278 said:

You jumped on someone for making the "generalization" that suicide rates are high among drug user, that it should never be a shock to hear. He should not have to say what kind of drugs.

Wrong, the KIND of drugs is VERY important.
Because next he could be making the ignorant statement "You'll be addicted the first time you try them" or "Drugs literally rot the flesh of your bones".

Well, lets see, Tylenol doesn't make you an addict the first time, and it doesn't rot your flesh.
Caffeine? No to both.
Pot? Still no.
LSD? Again, still no.

Oh right, Meth makes you an addict the first time, and Krocodil rots the flesh off your bones.
Guess it makes sense to be specific, no?

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Nibroc420

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Nibroc420 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

More than 50% of the USA is considered a "regular drinker"http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/alcohol.htmThere are 319 million people in the USA, so that's 159.5 million people drink regularly, we can call that a habit.

Yet

@LJS9502_basic said:

First...we're not talking about alcohol. We are talking about heroin in regard to Cobain. It's well documented what drug he struggled with. Your straw man fails.

Second, I did not say all drug users. I said drug users. Period. It is amusing the attempts you to in order to troll...but you are making an ass of yourself. Though I don't think you are bright enough to see that.

Let me know when you finish grade-school english.
Seems you're unable to even comprehend the sentences you're writing to their full extent.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
Member since 2002 • 7110 Posts

I'm a huge fan of Nirvana, got all their albums, except their Live at the Dishwalla (I think thats the name), but Jesus, people need to move on. The miserable bastard shot himself, coupled with a dangerous potent intake of drugs, thats it. All these conspiracy theories are just plain media drivel, nothing more.

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Nibroc420

@reaper4278:

I have a serious issue with people mis-representing the truth. You didn't even make the statement, so I'm not sure why you're even asking, or why you're using the term "we".

I understand Kurt Cobain died with a considerable amount of heroin in his system. I understand Heroin is illegal, and that Heroin users are 14 times more likely to commit suicide.
However.

I cannot get past this statement.

@LJS9502_basic said:

He did not say Heroin.
He did not say Illicit drugs.
He said "Drugs".

Should we not be surprised if a happy young hippie couple who smokes pot, kills themselves for whatever reason?
"Whatever, they've got a drug habit, it shouldn't be of any surprise" right?
Again, half the country is considered "Regular users of Alcohol" according to the CDC's standards.
Between all the legal drugs, there's only a very small part of the population that we expect not to commit suicide?

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#42  Edited By Kevlar101
Member since 2011 • 6316 Posts

This topic is ridiculous.

Not the subject.... I meant the discussions that are going on.