Kind of hard to find girlfriends who like gaming

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#52 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@indzman said:

@sukraj said:

@indzman said:

Indz needs a gamer girlfreind.

not many of them about bro.

You can become my g.f =P

r u up for some oral.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#53 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

@sukraj said:

@indzman said:

@sukraj said:

@indzman said:

Indz needs a gamer girlfreind.

not many of them about bro.

You can become my g.f =P

r u up for some oral.

Watch out! He's about to punch you in the mouth! =p

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

@indzman said:

@Kevlar101 said:

48% of gamers are female.

What exactly is your excuse TC?

I doubt . Most Girls likes beauty , cars , vacations , jewellery , successful boyfreinds. I think they look down upon gamer guys =P

Link for your claim ? I'd be surprised if female gamers are 48 % lol.

I've seen a similar percentage too. Sometimes I doubt it though. Playing Farmville and Angry Birds doesn't make you a gamer, so I'm sure the percentage of actual female gamers is lower than that.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#55 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@gamerguru100 said:

@indzman said:

@Kevlar101 said:

48% of gamers are female.

What exactly is your excuse TC?

I doubt . Most Girls likes beauty , cars , vacations , jewellery , successful boyfreinds. I think they look down upon gamer guys =P

Link for your claim ? I'd be surprised if female gamers are 48 % lol.

I've seen a similar percentage too. Sometimes I doubt it though. Playing Farmville and Angry Birds doesn't make you a gamer, so I'm sure the percentage of actual female gamers is lower than that.

http://www.theesa.com/facts/index.asp

"Forty-eight percent of all game players are women. In fact, women over the age of 18 represent a significantly greater portion of the game-playing population (36 percent) than boys age 18 or younger (17 percent)."

Playing any game makes someone a "gamer". This asinine attitude regarding what defines a "game" is hilarious. Farmville is as much a game as anything else. And anyone who plays those types of games, with the right encouragement can be introduced to more complex forms of gaming quite easily.

My GF was one of those casual gamers when we met, and has played Call of Duty, Halo and Assassin's Creed with me as our relationship progressed. She enjoys watching me play as much as I enjoy playing in many cases. And games like Donkey Kong Country Returns and New Super Mario Bros Wii were excellent ways for her to be involved in the play while being at a significantly lower skill level than I. She loves cooperative and competitive types of games.

Actually getting out of the house and talking to women is a good way to meet them. And not settling for the first one that you come across, and seeking someone with shared interests is usually a good way of finding someone who is into gaming. I was lucky that my girlfriend shared so many interests, despite being the first woman I really connected with.

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#56 jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

@foxhound_fox: Playing any game makes someone a "gamer". This asinine attitude regarding what defines a "game" is hilarious. Farmville is as much a game as anything else. And anyone who plays those types of games, with the right encouragement can be introduced to more complex forms of gaming quite easily.

I disagree with this statement. You can't put people who play only casual games like "candy crush" and "farmville" into the same category as other people who game primarily on console/PC based systems. They're just not the same. My 63 y/o mother-in-law spends her retirement harvesting trees and planting crops on Farmville all day. I wouldn't exactly classify her as a "gamer". In fact, to disprove your other point, we've tried to get her to try different games with a more casual feel (like Plants vs Zombies) and she had no interest and no understanding of it. So, I'm not saying all people who play casual games are like her, but I can bet there are a lot.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By foxhound_fox

@jasean79 said:

@foxhound_fox: Playing any game makes someone a "gamer". This asinine attitude regarding what defines a "game" is hilarious. Farmville is as much a game as anything else. And anyone who plays those types of games, with the right encouragement can be introduced to more complex forms of gaming quite easily.

I disagree with this statement. You can't put people who play only casual games like "candy crush" and "farmville" into the same category as other people who game primarily on console/PC based systems. They're just not the same. My 63 y/o mother-in-law spends her retirement harvesting trees and planting crops on Farmville all day. I wouldn't exactly classify her as a "gamer". In fact, to disprove your other point, we've tried to get her to try different games with a more casual feel (like Plants vs Zombies) and she had no interest and no understanding of it. So, I'm not saying all people who play casual games are like her, but I can bet there are a lot.

A gamer is someone who plays a video game.

Farmville is a video game. In fact, it's one of the most successful video games ever made.

Deny it all you want, but the fact remains. There are many different demographics of gamer, and playing Angry Birds or Red Orchestra makes no difference.

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 jasean79

@foxhound_fox said:

@jasean79 said:

Farmville is a video game. In fact, it's one of the most successful video games ever made.

Deny it all you want, but the fact remains. There are many different demographics of gamer, and playing Angry Birds or Red Orchestra makes no difference.

Taken from wikipedia:

A "gamer" is someone who plays video games or board games.[citation needed] The term nominally includes those who do not necessarily consider themselves to be gamers (i.e., casual gamers),[1] as well as those who spend a notable part of their leisure time playing or learning about games.

And how is a casual gamer defined?

A casual gamer is a type of video game player whose time or interest in playing games is limited compared with a hardcore gamer. Casual gamers can conceivably consist of any people who show more than a passing interest in video games; therefore, it is difficult to categorize them as a group. For this reason, games which attempt to appeal to the casual player tend to strive for simple rules and ease of game play, the goal being to present a pick-up-and-play experience that people from almost any age group or skill level could enjoy.[6][24][25][26][27] Casual gaming demographics also vary greatly from those of traditional computer games, as the typical casual gamer is older and more predominantly female,[28][29] with over 74% of those purchasing casual games being women.[30]

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 foxhound_fox

Oh yay, semantics debate!

Gamers play games. I'm not sure why you are trying to separate yourself from people who play Farmville. It's all the same industry, just different demographics.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#60  Edited By YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

I don't recall having a girlfriend who was seriously into gaming. My fiance enjoys watching me play games, but she can't play them very well. She gets frustrated easily. The games we play together most often are Smash Bros, CoD, Injustice: Gods Among Us, and Mortal Kombat. We got pretty far in Kirby's Epic Yarn, too, but then I lost all my data >:(. I'm lucky that I have someone who doesn't mind my hobby, and even enjoys it to some degree.

As others have said, keep looking. They're out there.

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By jasean79

@foxhound_fox said:

Oh yay, semantics debate!

Gamers play games. I'm not sure why you are trying to separate yourself from people who play Farmville. It's all the same industry, just different demographics.

I just don't want to be categorized with the likes of this guy :D

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#62 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14411 Posts

It's hard to find a girlfriend at all, even on 2 dating sites. :(

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

@speedfreak48t5p said:

It's hard to find a girlfriend at all, even on 2 dating sites. :(

Your game is not on point. Dating sites are for losers go out and find a woman by talking to women you find attractive.

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#64  Edited By deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

@jasean79 said:

That's the gaming version of political correctness, technically true thought it may be. But the TC was pretty specific about staying up all night playing Fallout. I doubt a casual gamer girl be would impressed with that. I know I wouldn't.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

@jasean79 said:

I also have to disagree with the statement. I'm sorry, but playing Farmville and Angry Birds on your smartphone doesn't make you a gamer in my book; it's just laughable to call yourself a gamer while pissing away hours "planting" shit on Farmville. PC/console players are gamers.

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 jasean79

@gamerguru100 said:

@jasean79 said:

I also have to disagree with the statement. I'm sorry, but playing Farmville and Angry Birds on your smartphone doesn't make you a gamer in my book; it's just laughable to call yourself a gamer while pissing away hours "planting" shit on Farmville. PC/console players are gamers.

And to add to that, Farmville really isn't much of a game in that sense of the word. There's no possibility to lose or even win anything. All you do is plant crops/trees/animals, harvest them when they're ready, and then plant more. All the while trading crap with your Farmville "friends".

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#67 -ParaNormaN-
Member since 2013 • 1573 Posts

Lol, try finding a girl who is not only a gamer but also a musician. I swear these girls only exist in Youtube and in movies.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By deactivated-5b797108c254e

@-paranorman- said:

Lol, try finding a girl who is not only a gamer but also a musician. I swear these girls only exist in Youtube and in movies.

I got one =) Although, she is on youtube as well (that's how I found her), so you're still right.

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#69  Edited By -ParaNormaN-
Member since 2013 • 1573 Posts

@korvus said:

@-paranorman- said:

I got one =) Although, she is on youtube as well (that's how I found her), so you're still right.

Oh, you lucky dog you... I'll probably die before I find one.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@-paranorman-: In the beginning I approached her just with the intention to let her know she had a fan in Portugal and she got interested in me. Must have used all my lifetime luck =P

happybuddha420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By happybuddha420
Member since 2010 • 37 Posts

Not that hard bro, women love Nintendo games

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#72 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4195 Posts
@Chatch09 said:

Are you in America too? If so theres not much you can do, the women here suck balls...(figuratively, not literally)

Perhaps you guys are looking in the wrong places, as there's a huge amount of women who are into gaming. My last three girlfriends (including my current one of almost four years) were all big into gaming. I was lucky enough to be on the show floor in LA this week, and I'd guess 30% of the people at E3 were women (many of which were quite attractive). Gamer girls are out there in an abundance, you just have to know where to look.