Kind of hard to find girlfriends who like gaming

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

I don't know...I've had about 10 relationships (counting ones that lasted more than a couple weeks) in my life and can only remember 1 that was actually into gaming. Not the casual mario fan I'm talking about someone who would actually stay up with me till the early morning hours and play Fallout 3 with me. And who would tell me about some hidden gems. Damn shoulda married her.

Do I have to start hanging out at comic book and gaming stores? wtf

lonewolf604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By lonewolf604
Member since 2007 • 8747 Posts

Find other common interests/hobby in your partners. Don't just rely on one.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 PS4hasNOgames

@Chatch09 said:

Are you in America too? If so theres not much you can do, the women here suck balls...(figuratively, not literally)

lol i wouldn't go that far, i live in a big city so theres a lot of choices, and some do literally haha

@lonewolf604 said:

Find other common interests/hobby in your partners. Don't just rely on one.

not relying on one, just would be nice

@Iszdope said:

Get a boyfriend.

CHILL

one_plum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By one_plum
Member since 2009 • 6821 Posts

If you live in a big city, surely there must be a gaming convention that you can go to every year.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

I dated a couple girls who were into WoW. Every girl I have dated has at least casually been into games. My wife likes sonic games and well about and 2d side scrollers. 3d games give her problems lol. Though she does really like the new Mario kart 8 I got. She was never really good at wow but she did play with me and sometimes would suggest we get snacks and energy drinks and pull an all nighter playing.

KittyBangBang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 KittyBangBang
Member since 2014 • 26 Posts

It's easier for us girls though because there are many boys who like gaming. lol

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 PS4hasNOgames

@AutoPilotOn said:

I dated a couple girls who were into WoW. Every girl I have dated has at least casually been into games. My wife likes sonic games and well about and 2d side scrollers. 3d games give her problems lol. Though she does really like the new Mario kart 8 I got. She was never really good at wow but she did play with me and sometimes would suggest we get snacks and energy drinks and pull an all nighter playing.

thats really nice, Im happy for you. hopefully I can find someone like that. try playing fallout with her....or if you have a wii u get xenoblade chronicles its a wii game but playable on wii u. beautiful rpg.

@one_plum said:

If you live in a big city, surely there must be a gaming convention that you can go to every year.

good advice, I think there was one here last year. i was too dumb to notice.

XilePrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 XilePrincess
Member since 2008 • 13130 Posts

Yes...? Hang out where you'd find like-minded people. Wear a shirt or hat with an emblem from a game you really like out to somewhere, if a girl approaches you and comments on it, you know she likes the same games as you, and also whatever else it is you're doing (eg drinking at a bar, out at a sporting event, walking your dog in the park, etc).

The chances of you meeting someone with similar interests somewhere not at all related to your interests are slim. That'd be like me (a non-drinker, non-smoker, non-partier) going to a bar or a big house party looking for someone who is like me.

If all else fails, there's the internet. Lay out who you are and what you want. Chances are there's someone else behind a computer screen who might be a perfect match.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

Holy crap, when this page was loading, I was thinking that most girls don't real care about gaming and if I ever had my place with my own garage I would fill it up with pinball and arcade machines (since I plan to never own a car) and that girls would think I'm a crazy person. And, I was listening to podcast that was talking about this very topic. And then I saw this topic! This is crazy!!!!!

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By PS4hasNOgames

@kittybangbang said:

It's easier for us girls though because there are many boys who like gaming. lol

true but some guys would say anything to get with a chick

@XilePrincess said:

Yes...? Hang out where you'd find like-minded people. Wear a shirt or hat with an emblem from a game you really like out to somewhere, if a girl approaches you and comments on it, you know she likes the same games as you, and also whatever else it is you're doing (eg drinking at a bar, out at a sporting event, walking your dog in the park, etc).

The chances of you meeting someone with similar interests somewhere not at all related to your interests are slim. That'd be like me (a non-drinker, non-smoker, non-partier) going to a bar or a big house party looking for someone who is like me.

If all else fails, there's the internet. Lay out who you are and what you want. Chances are there's someone else behind a computer screen who might be a perfect match.

i don't know all that stuff you said is kind of nerdy for me, i don't like comic books I'm not into any of the stuff that those guys are into on The Big Bang Theory except gaming. It would just be nice for me to play madden or uncharted and not get scolded or have her be annoyed with me. I mean how can some people NOT like playing video games? Its so fun.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

@ps4hasnogames said:

That's a great place to start. Arcades are great as well. Also, like @one_plum said, head to gaming conventions,shows, and gaming tournaments (Like PAX,Comic Con, and Gamescom in Europe, etc.) best places to see diverse number of people (including girls). This is the plan I will do when I gain more confidence and allowed to leave the house by myself. :P

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 PS4hasNOgames

@behardy24 said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

That's a great place to start. Arcades are great as well. Also, like @one_plum said, head to gaming conventions,shows, and gaming tournaments (Like PAX,Comic Con, and Gamescom in Europe, etc.) best places to see diverse number of people (including girls). This is the plan I will do when I gain more confidence and allowed to leave the house by myself. :P

yea i'll start doing that I guess, lol at the last part. nobody is really confident, the trick is to just do it anyway. do it if your scared, you gotta learn to love the struggle.

chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By chaplainDMK
Member since 2008 • 7004 Posts

@Iszdope said:

Get a boyfriend.

This

Very few girls will actually be outright geeks. Most enjoy gaming, but aren't really into it as much as most guys.

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 thereal25
Member since 2011 • 2074 Posts

A chick who stays up until early morning hours playing fallout 3?

Keeper.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

Indz needs a gamer girlfreind.

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#18 Kevlar101
Member since 2011 • 6316 Posts

48% of gamers are female.

What exactly is your excuse TC?

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By indzman

@Kevlar101 said:

I doubt . Most Girls likes beauty , cars , vacations , jewellery , successful boyfreinds. I think they look down upon gamer guys =P

Link for your claim ? I'd be surprised if female gamers are 48 % lol.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178838 Posts

Bullshit. Gaming is one of the most expansive hobbies and I've encountered many a female that likes gaming. I don't believe you can't find any.....

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#21 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@indzman said:

not many of them about bro.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 indzman

@sukraj said:

@indzman said:

not many of them about bro.

You can become my g.f =P

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#23 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

My wife was the first girl I ever seriously dated and she's a gamer (doesn't mean she plays video games every day, though), so I was either incredibly lucky or you are just unlucky.

That being said, is being a gamer the right criteria to start searching for a companion? Wouldn't that be on the "bonus category"?

Wilfred_Owen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#24 Wilfred_Owen
Member since 2005 • 20964 Posts

Get a sex change then you'll have plenty of gaming boyfriends. Boom. Problem solved.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

No, you should start growing up instead.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 indzman

@korvus said:

My wife was the first girl I ever seriously dated and she's a gamer (doesn't mean she plays video games every day, though), so I was either incredibly lucky or you are just unlucky.

That being said, is being a gamer the right criteria to start searching for a companion? Wouldn't that be on the "bonus category"?

What video games your wifey plays ?

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

My wife hated video games when we first started dating. It took a little while, but eventually she gave in. She's not a hardcore gamer, but she'll play the occasional puzzle game or Lego game with me. It's not the best possible scenario, but still better than nothing.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@indzman: Normally anything I suggest her, and together we play anything good that has co-op.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By indzman

@korvus said:

@indzman: Normally anything I suggest her, and together we play anything good that has co-op.

Example ?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@indzman: Well, recently we've picked GW2 back up and we've been playing quite a bit of ANNO; a few weeks back I dug up some "old" games and we played, Portal 2, Borderlands 2, Dawn of War, we tried Minecraft but both hated it =P, a small run with ME3 since she saw me replay it, Starcraft, RE5 and I'm trying to get her to play L4D2 with me and she's trying to convince me to pick up D3.

On the bright side my new computer should arrive tomorrow so I'll be able to get into the new games too =D

Her favourite games are normally RTS and MMO's though.

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 jasean79

@korvus said:

@indzman: Well, recently we've picked GW2 back up and we've been playing quite a bit of ANNO; a few weeks back I dug up some "old" games and we played, Portal 2, Borderlands 2, Dawn of War, we tried Minecraft but both hated it =P, a small run with ME3 since she saw me replay it, Starcraft, RE5 and I'm trying to get her to play L4D2 with me and she's trying to convince me to pick up D3.

On the bright side my new computer should arrive tomorrow so I'll be able to get into the new games too =D

Have you guys tried Rock Band or Guitar Hero? As a musician, I find those to be quite fun playing with friends. (that is, if you have consoles for gaming...sounds like you might be PC only)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@jasean79: Yeah, we're PC only but there's 2 Guitar Hero games for PC. We quite enjoy them but haven't gotten around to get a guitar yet (a friend passed the game down to me when his guitar broke). We sometimes play GH at another friend's place, and she's quite good as well =)

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By jasean79

@korvus: I love those rhythm music games. I've tried to get my wife to play with me, but she refuses. I don't see why not, they're a blast to play co-op.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By deactivated-5b797108c254e

@jasean79: Yep, they're a lot of fun but if I play them for over an hour without a break I start seeing everything around me scrolling XD

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

go on a dating website?

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 indzman

@korvus said:

Nice. you are a lucky guy korvus :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@indzman: I tell myself that everyday. And the fact that she's a gamer is the least of the reasons why I'm lucky to have her =)

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 indzman

@korvus said:

@indzman: I tell myself that everyday. And the fact that she's a gamer is the least of the reasons why I'm lucky to have her =)

yup yup.

toshineon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 toshineon
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Try talking to people online, like in online games and such, it's easy to meet a lot of people that way, and maybe you'll even meet a girl.

I guess I've been lucky in that regard, I've only ever had two girlfriends, but they were both avid gamers. The first got me into F.E.A.R. and Dead Space, and the second got me into online gaming.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#40  Edited By speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14414 Posts

My friend, Online dating is a thing. You should try it sometime.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#41  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44548 Posts

two of my friends got their wives to game, we did a lot of Gears of War co-op together and had a full crew, one wife was just okay, the other was a pro with the sniper rifle popping heads off at a distance

some girls game, not like guys game (though there are those too), some like stuff like Dance Central or Just Dance, or Rock Band, or Wii Sports, or some just play Farmville, or something, I only knew a few lady friends in my circles that were big on gaming

run into lots of girls at GameStop though that know their shit about gaming, maybe you should hit up the various GameStops and put on the charm

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#42 deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

@Kevlar101 said:

yeah but how many of them are Farmville/Angry Birds types?

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

My girlfriend casually likes games, couple of 2d platformers like Mario sonic, spyro ray man. ...and some puzzle and world city simulation games. Viva piñata and the sims etc.

Also she's obssesd with super puzzle fighter 2 turbo...to the point were I get bored way before her.

To be fair she's kind if into games, it just her taste of games is so different to mine.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Get them into it.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#45 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9394 Posts

go to gaming and anime evets

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#46 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Lower your standards. Women into gaming usually aren't 10's.

fvjonj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 fvjonj
Member since 2003 • 661 Posts

They are out there. My wife plays video games daily. My daughter often chats with her teacher (a woman in her 50s) after school because they're both into the Assassin's Creed series. For an end-of-term gift we were going to get her teacher a gift card to EB Games (GameStop in U.S.), but we heard that her daughter works there, so she'd probably get deals anyways.

Keep looking.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 PS4hasNOgames

@LJS9502_basic said:

Bullshit. Gaming is one of the most expansive hobbies and I've encountered many a female that likes gaming. I don't believe you can't find any.....

I've encountered the casual mario fan, but a hot "hardcore gamer" chick is not easy to find. Even if they are I think they hide it.

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By jasean79

@foxhound_fox said:

Lower your standards. Women into gaming usually aren't 10's.

Expectation:

Reality:

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

you have to start very slow and then ease them into it.

once they try it they can't get enough.

wait... you are talking about games?

hell, i have no clue about getting them to like those.