Kim Jong Un has a "Friend For Life" in Dennis Rodman

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by jimkabrhel (15420 posts) -

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/21785288/rodman-tells-north-koreas-kim-jong-un-he-has-friend-for-life

Not an Onion article.

Ex-NBA star Dennis Rodman met North Korea's Kim Jong Un on Thursday on the third day of his improbable journey to Pyongyang, telling the leader "You have a friend for life," a delegation spokesman said.

Rodman and Kim sat side by side at an exhibition game in Pyongyang, chatting as they watched players from North Korea and the U.S. play on mixed teams, Alex Detrick, a spokesman for the New York-based VICE media company, told The Associated Press.

Kim, a diehard basketball fan, told Rodman he hoped the visit would break the ice between the United States and North Korea, Detrick said. Kim later invited the Americans to dinner.

I can't wait until we see the official picture of Dennis and Kim Jong Un.

#2 Posted by JML897 (33125 posts) -
A few days ago Rodman tweeted that he hopes he runs into the Gangnam Style guy in North Korea I'm not sure he understands at all what the political situation in the Koreas is like
#3 Posted by LJS9502_basic (151377 posts) -
Dennis Rodman is relevant? I think he's just trying for publicity. You don't hear his name any more. That's just my opinion jim. No offense.
#4 Posted by Swanogt19 (24159 posts) -
Well he could use one yes?
#5 Posted by DaBrainz (7673 posts) -
I wish The Worm was my friend
#6 Posted by TacticalDesire (10713 posts) -

So, our hopes of foreign diplomacy between the U.S. and North Korea all hinge on Dennis Rodman.

#7 Posted by Jack-Burton (2303 posts) -
I bet he is friends with David Lo Pam too, is there no depths to Rodmans depravity.
#8 Posted by dagreenfish (1817 posts) -
I bet he is friends with David Lo Pam too, is there no depths to Rodmans depravity.Jack-Burton
If Dennis doesn't watch out, Jack and Wang might come after him. Egg is in vacay.
#9 Posted by UCF_Knight (6863 posts) -
They belong together.
#10 Posted by Jack-Burton (2303 posts) -
[QUOTE="Jack-Burton"]I bet he is friends with David Lo Pam too, is there no depths to Rodmans depravity.dagreenfish
If Dennis doesn't watch out, Jack and Wang might come after him. Egg is in vacay.

Me and Wang will double team both these a$$holes, I heard Jong Un has bee kidnapping blue eyed Chinese girls for his nuclear tests, Wang will not stand for it.
#11 Posted by eggdog1234 (831 posts) -
Double or nothing?
#12 Posted by The_Gaming_Baby (6335 posts) -

Why did this make me laugh?

#13 Posted by junglist101 (5462 posts) -

I like this story.  Tbh, we really have no evidence that this guy is friendly or an ass.  Sounds like he'd like things to be better for his country and obviously things would get better if he befriended the west.

#14 Posted by junglist101 (5462 posts) -

Dennis Rodman is relevant? I think he's just trying for publicity. You don't hear his name any more. That's just my opinion jim. No offense.LJS9502_basic
Not relevant but a damn good basketball player.  It's just too bad that is overshadowed by his behavior outside the court.

#15 Posted by LoG-Sacrament (20397 posts) -

So, our hopes of foreign diplomacy between the U.S. and North Korea all hinge on Dennis Rodman.

TacticalDesire
i like to imagine that rodman attended the basketball game in a wedding dress.
#16 Posted by jimkabrhel (15420 posts) -

Dennis Rodman is relevant? I think he's just trying for publicity. You don't hear his name any more. That's just my opinion jim. No offense.LJS9502_basic

Urban Dictionary: No Offense

#17 Posted by nocoolnamejim (15136 posts) -
Now, I understand that Kim Jong Un is a tyrannical dictator of a military junta and all... ...but in all fairness The Worm always struck me as a guy who would be a hell of a lot of fun to party with.
#18 Posted by wis3boi (31458 posts) -

I like this story.  Tbh, we really have no evidence that this guy is friendly or an ass.  Sounds like he'd like things to be better for his country and obviously things would get better if he befriended the west.

junglist101

Kim Jong Un is western educated, spent loads of time in switzerland, I'm sure he means well...but the issue is that the army controls NK more than he does.  He has to act the part or sh!t will go down, most likely

#20 Posted by Dogswithguns (10781 posts) -
N.Korea and the USA gonna be good-freinds now... YaaaaaaaaaaaaaaY!!!!!!
#21 Posted by Storm_Marine (11113 posts) -

[QUOTE="junglist101"]

wis3boi

Kim Jong Un is western educated, spent loads of time in switzerland, I'm sure he means well...

Because....of course, being western educated and being a brutal dictator are mutally exclusive.....

#22 Posted by Bucked20 (6951 posts) -
Rodman doing big things out here
#23 Posted by sonicare (53485 posts) -

He said he was looking forward to meeting the Gangdam style guy.  Dont think he realizes that dude is South Korean.

#24 Posted by lamprey263 (24130 posts) -
Dennis Rodman, now there's a name I haven't heard in any relevant sense since he starred in Double Team with Jean Claude Van Damme.
#25 Posted by Judge-Correct (53 posts) -
Dennis Rodman is thine communist dictator supporter? Thou Kim is pretending to be friendly? I sense a journey to purgatory.
#26 Posted by Jd1680a (5945 posts) -
Do you think North Korea now have a Dennis Rodman as a friend he would think twice in sending there nukes to the US?
#27 Posted by Dogswithguns (10781 posts) -
Do you think North Korea now have a Dennis Rodman as a friend he would think twice in sending there nukes to the US?Jd1680a
Friendship gotta start somewhere.. Un, he's a big fan of American basketball and love Disney since a child.
#28 Posted by hartsickdiscipl (14787 posts) -

They deserve each other.  

#29 Posted by Pittfan666 (8532 posts) -
It's strange overall. Wonder what the North Koreans thought of all of Rodman's piercings and tattoos? Apparently they got really drunk following the game at his private estate.
#30 Posted by hippiesanta (9884 posts) -
I guess Rodman love smaller but powerfull dude
#31 Posted by LJS9502_basic (151377 posts) -

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Dennis Rodman is relevant? I think he's just trying for publicity. You don't hear his name any more. That's just my opinion jim. No offense.jimkabrhel

You seem to be extremely sensitive is a differing opinion causes you offense. Wow...just wow. Please don't cry. I'm not trying to hurt your feelings.
#32 Posted by jimkabrhel (15420 posts) -

[QUOTE="jimkabrhel"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Dennis Rodman is relevant? I think he's just trying for publicity. You don't hear his name any more. That's just my opinion jim. No offense.LJS9502_basic

You seem to be extremely sensitive is a differing opinion causes you offense. Wow...just wow. Please don't cry. I'm not trying to hurt your feelings.

If you really think that, you haven't seen any of my posts. I really don't care.

#33 Posted by LJS9502_basic (151377 posts) -

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="jimkabrhel"]

jimkabrhel

If you really think that, you haven't seen any of my posts. I really don't care.

Well I don't really pay much attention to your posts....they don't exactly stand out. If you don't care....why are you bent out of shape that we disagree?
#34 Posted by jimkabrhel (15420 posts) -

[QUOTE="jimkabrhel"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] You seem to be extremely sensitive is a differing opinion causes you offense. Wow...just wow. Please don't cry. I'm not trying to hurt your feelings.LJS9502_basic

Well I don't really pay much attention to your posts....they don't exactly stand out. If you don't care....why are you bent out of shape that we disagree?

I'm not. I'm just being snarky. Seems like be both enjoy doing that.

#35 Posted by LJS9502_basic (151377 posts) -

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="jimkabrhel"]

jimkabrhel

I'm not. I'm just being snarky. Seems like be both enjoy doing that.

Snarky? I haven't been with you. I think you took what I posted yesterday wrong. Though I can be snarky....
#36 Posted by tenaka2 (17040 posts) -

Stop Bi*ching.

#37 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

Wonder how long till Kim posts a bunch of propaganda saying Rodman is your typical scary American.

#38 Posted by jimkabrhel (15420 posts) -

Wonder how long till Kim posts a bunch of propaganda saying Rodman is your typical scary American.

Pirate700

I don't think it can be propaganda if it's obviously true. I also don't think you can make propaganda with a group that is as wholesome as the Harlem Globetrotters.

#39 Posted by LJS9502_basic (151377 posts) -

Pirate700
Isn't he?
#40 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

LJS9502_basic

Isn't he?

Are you saying I need to start dying my hair? :P

#41 Posted by LJS9502_basic (151377 posts) -

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Pirate700"]

Pirate700

Isn't he?

Sure.....why not.:P
#42 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] Isn't he?LJS9502_basic

Leopard to just neon?

#43 Posted by osirisx3 (1810 posts) -

Now, I understand that Kim Jong Un is a tyrannical dictator of a military junta and all... ...but in all fairness The Worm always struck me as a guy who would be a hell of a lot of fun to party with.nocoolnamejim

hes not a tyrannical dictator stop making stuff up. but yes he is amazing to hang out with.

#44 Posted by Storm_Marine (11113 posts) -

[QUOTE="nocoolnamejim"]Now, I understand that Kim Jong Un is a tyrannical dictator of a military junta and all... ...but in all fairness The Worm always struck me as a guy who would be a hell of a lot of fun to party with.osirisx3

hes not a tyrannical dictator stop making stuff up.

hero of the people

#45 Posted by LJS9502_basic (151377 posts) -

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Pirate700"]Are you saying I need to start dying my hair? :P

Pirate700

Leopard to just neon?

Half of each....
#46 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] Sure.....why not.:PLJS9502_basic

Leopard to just neon?

Half of each....

Done and done. :cool:

#47 Posted by osirisx3 (1810 posts) -

[QUOTE="osirisx3"]

[QUOTE="nocoolnamejim"]Now, I understand that Kim Jong Un is a tyrannical dictator of a military junta and all... ...but in all fairness The Worm always struck me as a guy who would be a hell of a lot of fun to party with.Storm_Marine

hero of the people

better

but he does not hold all the power in the country. 

#48 Posted by tenaka2 (17040 posts) -

[QUOTE="Storm_Marine"]

[QUOTE="osirisx3"]

osirisx3

hero of the people

better

but he does not hold all the power in the country. 

He is the God King, of course he holds all the power.

#49 Posted by Lonelynight (30041 posts) -
who knows, maybe this will the the catalyst for opening up NK to the world