Kidnapped girls escape after 10 years

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by LexLas (4332 posts) -

I really won't ever undestand why a human can do such things, but i'm so happy all 3 escaped and caught the guy who kidnapped them. Video is of neighbor, who helped break down the door to their escape. Amazing !

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/us/2013/05/07/savidge-oh-missing-girls-found.cnn.html

Interview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_335042&feature=iv&src_vid=XRBHpZhbcSw&v=FWOmYH0GjqA

#2 Posted by comp_atkins (31589 posts) -

911 call of the dude that helped her. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRBHpZhbcSw classic.

#3 Posted by LexLas (4332 posts) -

911 call of the dude that helped her. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRBHpZhbcSw classic.

comp_atkins
OMG ! I had not heard that, wow ! Lol .. But in all seriousness, glad they have been saved. Crazy people out in this world. That has got to be the funnies 911 call ever, lol ..
#4 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16843 posts) -

It's fantastic news. Glad the sicko was caught. But I don't want to be hearing about this for the next month, but I'm sure I will be.

#5 Posted by Canuck3000 (40562 posts) -
Guy's a champ
#6 Posted by LexLas (4332 posts) -

It's fantastic news. Glad the sicko was caught. But I don't want to be hearing about this for the next month, but I'm sure I will be.

turtlethetaffer
To enter the mind of a sicko, and learn how they can do such a thing, and what goes through their mind is what everyone wants the answer to. I'm sure we will see a movie soon, no lie there.
#7 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16843 posts) -

[QUOTE="turtlethetaffer"]

LexLas

To enter the mind of a sicko, and learn how they can do such a thing, and what goes through their mind is what everyone wants the answer to. I'm sure we will see a movie soon, no lie there.

Oh boy. Can't wait (total sarcasm)

Some people are jsut really fvcked up in the head. The movie would probably do very little to actually explain why the guy was how he was. It would jsut have the typically creepy guy kidnap them.

Like I said, it's great that they caught the bastard, but I'm already to move on. Of course, the rest of America won't be.

#8 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -
I was gonna make a Bin Laden joke, but this is too insane.
#9 Posted by VendettaRed07 (14012 posts) -

I never understood these kinds of stories.. How can someone be help captive in a house in the middle of a neighborhood, surrounded by other people for 10 years.. That is a LONG time to be hidden basically in plane sight..There was never any sort of escape oppertunity before then? Nobody could hear them if they cried for help?.. Why is it that this was the first time she was able to cry for help? 

I know there are probably reasons.. But I feel like these stories are never fully explained, like how did this happen?

I heard a similar story for a girl who was kept inside of a tent in a back yard, while his wife and kids where living in the house, and the tent was in plane sight, and the neighbors could see it, yet his family or neighbors never knew he kept someone in there, for ten years.. Like that just seems insane to me...

#10 Posted by Spellingiscool (1450 posts) -

I never understood these kinds of stories.. How can someone be help captive in a house in the middle of a neighborhood, surrounded by other people for 10 years.. That is a LONG time to be hidden basically in plane sight..There was never any sort of escape oppertunity before then? Nobody could hear them if they cried for help?.. Why is it that this was the first time she was able to cry for help? 

I know there are probably reasons.. But I feel like these stories are never fully explained, like how did this happen?

I heard a similar story for a girl who was kept inside of a tent in a back yard, while his wife and kids where living in the house, and the tent was in plane sight, and the neighbors could see it, yet his family or neighbors never knew he kept someone in there, for ten years.. Like that just seems insane to me...

VendettaRed07
Chained up in a sound-proof room, likely the basement. I guess it took him 10 years to make his first big mistake. Crazy story.
#11 Posted by Shottayouth13- (6833 posts) -

comp_atkins
:lol: Holy shit that's hilarious!!
#12 Posted by TacticalDesire (10713 posts) -

That's insane.  I can only imagine how relieved they are.  It's crazy and terrible that stuff like this happens. 

#13 Posted by TacticalDesire (10713 posts) -

[QUOTE="LexLas"][QUOTE="turtlethetaffer"]

turtlethetaffer

Oh boy. Can't wait (total sarcasm)

Some people are jsut really fvcked up in the head. The movie would probably do very little to actually explain why the guy was how he was. It would jsut have the typically creepy guy kidnap them.

Like I said, it's great that they caught the bastard, but I'm already to move on. Of course, the rest of America won't be.

I actually think the opposite is true.  People are very willing to move on to the next big news story or thing that catches their eye.  Look, hardly anyone is even thinking about the Boston bombing anymore despite the fact that the victims and families are still very much suffering.  The media, people, everyone really, focuses intently on tragedies for a week and lends support, and then as soon as they become adjusted to or tired of hearing about the news, or something else pops-up, they move on.

How many people even stop these days to lend a sympathetic thought to the Sandy Hook victims?

#14 Posted by johnd13 (8441 posts) -

Damn 10 years sounds too much. It' s a shame those women had to go through such a terrifying experience.

This reminds me of a similar story(I think it was in Russia) where a man had imprisoned his daughters and raped them for years, with a lot of babies being born along the way. Fvcking psychos...

#15 Posted by TacticalDesire (10713 posts) -

Damn 10 years sounds too much. It' s a shame those women had to go through such a terrifying experience.

This reminds me of a similar story(I think it was in Russia) where a man had imprisoned his daughters and raped them for years, with a lot of babies being born along the way. Fvcking psychos...

johnd13

I remember reading about that.  Trying to think of the name of the guy.  I think what I'm thinking of might have been Austria.

EDIT:  I found it.  Here is the wikipedia article http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fritzl_case on the guy for anyone interested.  It is pretty grim stuff.  Incest, rape. Honestly the fact that he kept the chamber hidden for so long is scary.

#16 Posted by Dogswithguns (10808 posts) -
Nightmares for being locked up and kidnapped..
#17 Posted by PiscesChick93 (10688 posts) -

Very glad they are free from the kidnappers clutches. Damn, 10 years of their lives.. =(

#18 Posted by rocinante_ (1666 posts) -

comp_atkins

:lol: that's priceless

#19 Posted by ShadowJax04 (3347 posts) -
I'm glad they got the heck out of there. Given the circumstances I can only help but wonder why the opportunity didn't show itself to them before.

comp_atkins
Instant classic.
#20 Posted by hartsickdiscipl (14787 posts) -

The guy who found them is the man.  That has to be one of the best interviews ever.  

#21 Posted by MrPraline (21331 posts) -

The guy who found them is the man.  That has to be one of the best interviews ever.  

hartsickdiscipl
Hah yeah. What a legend.
#22 Posted by Bucked20 (6951 posts) -
I don't get it were they in cages or something why didn't they jump him one day
#23 Posted by hartsickdiscipl (14787 posts) -

I don't get it were they in cages or something why didn't they jump him one day Bucked20

They kept them good and pregnant.  They were too heavy and tired to resist or fight.   

#24 Posted by kingkong0124 (8710 posts) -

Amazing story. Hopefully justice will be served 

#25 Posted by lazerface216 (7558 posts) -

i posted in the other thread about this. but yeah, i grew up in that area and amanda berry was a HUGE story back in cleveland. 

#26 Posted by LexLas (4332 posts) -

hartsickdiscipl
Thats for sure, both the phone call and interview. Hope the three bad guys burn !!
#27 Posted by LexLas (4332 posts) -

i posted in the other thread about this. but yeah, i grew up in that area and amanda berry was a HUGE story back in cleveland. 

lazerface216
What ! You grew up there ? Did he give you a bus ride ? I bet thats how he knew who to kidnap.
#28 Posted by lazerface216 (7558 posts) -

[QUOTE="lazerface216"]

LexLas

What ! You grew up there ? Did he give you a bus ride ? I bet thats how he knew who to kidnap.

nah, i luckily never had to go to cleveland public schools but i remember her picture being posted eveywhere. even as little as a year ago (when i moved to texas) there were pictures of amanda posted all around cleveland. we never forgot about her, i'm so unbelievably happy that these girls are safe.

#29 Posted by LexLas (4332 posts) -

[QUOTE="LexLas"][QUOTE="lazerface216"]

lazerface216

nah, i luckily never had to go to cleveland public schools but i remember her picture being posted eveywhere. even as little as a year ago (when i moved to texas) there were pictures of amanda posted all around cleveland. we never forgot about her, i'm so unbelievably happy that these girls are safe.

That would be because the parents and others never gave up. Power of love and determination from people, can conquer all. Some of the world has light still, and its dam bright.