Kermit Gosnell Trial Should be Front Page News

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bigfoot2045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 bigfoot2045
Member since 2012 • 732 Posts

The grand jury report in the case of Kermit Gosnell, 72, is among the most horrifying I've read. "This case is about a doctor who killed babies and endangered women. What we mean is that he regularly and illegally delivered live, viable babies in the third trimester of pregnancy - and then murdered these newborns by severing their spinal cords with scissors," it states. "The medical practice by which he carried out this business was a filthy fraud in which he overdosed his patients with dangerous drugs, spread venereal disease among them with infected instruments, perforated their wombs and bowels - and, on at least two occasions, caused their deaths."

"When the team members entered the clinic, they were appalled, describing it to the Grand Jury as 'filthy,' 'deplorable,' 'disgusting,' 'very unsanitary, very outdated, horrendous,' and 'by far, the worst' that these experienced investigators had ever encountered. There was blood on the floor. A stench of urine filled the air. A flea-infested cat was wandering through the facility, and there were cat feces on the stairs. Semi-conscious women scheduled for abortions were moaning in the waiting room or the recovery room, where they sat on dirty recliners covered with blood-stained blankets. All the women had been sedated by unlicensed staff long before Gosnell arrived at the clinic and staff members could not accurately state what medications or dosages they had administered to the waiting patients. Many of the medications in inventory were past their expiration dates ... surgical procedure rooms were filthy and unsanitary ... resembling 'a bad gas station restroom.' Instruments were not sterile. Equipment was rusty and outdated. Oxygen equipment was covered with dust, and had not been inspected. The same corroded suction tubing used for abortions was the only tubing available for oral airways if assistance for breathing was needed..."

"Fetal remains were haphazardly stored throughout the clinic in bags, milk jugs, orange juice cartons, and even in cat-food containers ... Gosnell admitted to Detective Wood that at least 10 to 20 percent ... were probably older than 24 weeks [the legal limit] ... In some instances, surgical incisions had been made at the base of the fetal skulls. The investigators found a row of jars containing just the severed feet of fetuses. In the basement, they discovered medical waste piled high. The intact 19-week fetus delivered by Mrs. Mongar three months earlier was in a freezer. In all, the remains of 45 fetuses were recovered ... at least two of them, and probably three, had been viable."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kermit_Gosnell
http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2013/04/why-dr-kermit-gosnells-trial-should-be-a-front-page-story/274944/

Holy crap. The worst part about this guy is that he will give anti-abortion nuts something to point to, when in reality he was just an incredibly shi**y and outright criminal doctor who performed abortions in an illegal fashion (and often committed outright infanticide by killing live babies), killed women through incompetence and neglect, used unlicensed staff, and ran a pill mill selling to junkies. His nightmarish practice is also exactly the kind of thing you get in a country that doesn't have universal healthcare. It sounds like the only reason it wasn't shut down ages ago was because he dealt with low income women, and so state regulating bodies just didn't care.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178860 Posts

Holy crap. The worst part about this guy is that he will give anti-abortion nuts something to point to, when in reality he was just an incredibly shi**y and outright criminal doctor who performed abortions in an illegal fashion (and often committed outright infanticide by killing live babies), killed women through incompetence and neglect, used unlicensed staff, and ran a pill mill selling to junkies. His nightmarish practice is also exactly the kind of thing you get in a country that doesn't have universal healthcare. It sounds like the only reason it wasn't shut down ages ago was because he dealt with low income women, and so state regulating bodies just didn't care>bigfoot2045
Bigot much? Whether you agree with someone's stance on the right to life and when life is created...it's ignorant and bigoted to call them nuts.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#3 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Sick fvck.

But what exactly is wrong with being against abortion? I mean sure many of the protestors get way too worked up but there's nothing wrong with not supporting it.

bigfoot2045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 bigfoot2045

[QUOTE="bigfoot2045"]Holy crap. The worst part about this guy is that he will give anti-abortion nuts something to point to, when in reality he was just an incredibly shi**y and outright criminal doctor who performed abortions in an illegal fashion (and often committed outright infanticide by killing live babies), killed women through incompetence and neglect, used unlicensed staff, and ran a pill mill selling to junkies. His nightmarish practice is also exactly the kind of thing you get in a country that doesn't have universal healthcare. It sounds like the only reason it wasn't shut down ages ago was because he dealt with low income women, and so state regulating bodies just didn't care>LJS9502_basic

Bigot much? Whether you agree with someone's stance on the right to life and when life is created...it's ignorant and bigoted to call them nuts.

Most of the hardcore pro-lifers are nuts and that's not even really up for debate. Abortion should be legal. It saves women from having to raise unwanted children, and literally saves the lives of mothers in the case of ectopic pregnancy. Much of what this guy was doing was not even abortion though. He was killing full term babies that had already been born with scissors. And I'm afraid the stuff this murderous madman was doing is going to give more ammunition to the nutjobs. The're probably going to think the insanity that went on at his office is standard practice. 

Evil_Saluki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#5 Evil_Saluki
Member since 2008 • 5217 Posts

If i walked into a dentist and it looked like something out of Silent Hill, i'll just go to a different dentist.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58452 Posts

hopefully they turn this into a horror movie

EntropyWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 EntropyWins
Member since 2010 • 1209 Posts

Sick fvck.

But what exactly is wrong with being against abortion? I mean sure many of the protestors get way too worked up but there's nothing wrong with not supporting it.

turtlethetaffer
"not supporting" abortion is different than trying to force people to abide by your moral opinions on a complex issue through legal means, which is what most anti abortion people do.
THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 140

#8 THE_DRUGGIE
Member since 2006 • 25107 Posts

If i walked into a dentist and it looked like something out of Silent Hill, i'll just go to a different dentist.

Evil_Saluki

I dunno, those nurses have nice-lookin' uniforms.

zeroyaoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 zeroyaoi
Member since 2013 • 2472 Posts
The shot at the end of your post is unwarranted.
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 turtlethetaffer

The shot at the end of your post is unwarranted. zeroyaoi

He was more reffering to the people who are extremists... Which is udnerstandable. Although I agree TC could have clarified more about what they meant, because it osunds like they were saying that anyone who doesn't support it is a nut.

bigfoot2045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 bigfoot2045

[QUOTE="zeroyaoi"]The shot at the end of your post is unwarranted. turtlethetaffer

He was more reffering to the people who are extremists... Which is udnerstandable. Although I agree TC could have clarified more about what they meant, because it osunds like they were saying that anyone who doesn't support it is a nut.

I'm referring to the kind of people who blow up abortion clinics. 

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 turtlethetaffer

[QUOTE="turtlethetaffer"]

[QUOTE="zeroyaoi"]The shot at the end of your post is unwarranted. bigfoot2045

I'm referring to the kind of people who blow up abortion clinics. 

I udnerstand that. I was just saying you could have clarified more.Â