Karmic decisions..

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by SexyAssassin (88 posts) -
So on one side you have your best friend who means the world to you.. With a bomb strapped to him, And on the side you have school bus full of kids with also a bomb ticking.. Both are set to explode at the same time, so you cant save both.. Only one. Saving the kids is considered a selfless act therefore you gain good karma.. Saving your best pal is considered a selfish act ergo earning you evil karma..So whats it gonna be? Good or evil? [Note:Your the only good bomb expert in town, and the bus is rigged to explode if someone opens the door or tries to break the window.]
#2 Posted by Allicrombie (25235 posts) -
evil karma?
#3 Posted by SexyAssassin (88 posts) -
So on one side you have your best friend who means the world to you.. With a bomb strapped to him, And on the side you have school bus full of kids with also a bomb ticking.. Both are set to explode at the same time, so you cant save both.. Only one. Saving the kids is considered a selfless act therefore you gain good karma.. Saving your best pal is considered a selfish act ergo earning you evil karma..So whats it gonna be? Good or evil? [Note:Your the only good bomb expert in town, and the bus is rigged to explode if someone opens the door or tries to break the window.]SexyAssassin
evil karma?Allicrombie
Well lettin a bunch of kids die in place of your pal cant exactly be a good thing you know..
#4 Posted by IdioticIcarus (2242 posts) -

I feel like if I'm a bomb expert I should be able to go disarm them super fast and save them both.

But to answer your question, the bus full of kids. It doesn't really seem like that difficult of a decision to me. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I saved my best friend, even if she is my one and only friend that i care about muchly, over a bus full of innocent little kids. And my friend wouldn't want me to save her over them either. She'd probably never speak to me again if I did.

If, however, it was between, say my niece and a bus full of children, I'd choose my niece.

#5 Posted by cheese_game619 (13316 posts) -
is anyone going to find out i killed a bus full of kids
#6 Posted by psymon100 (6138 posts) -

My friend can die.

All those children live.

#7 Posted by True_Chaos_UK (2570 posts) -

I save my friend as he goes on to develop the cure for cancer saving millions of lives himself. I get +100 good kama.

#8 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
You definitely don't understand how karma works. Saving the friend would generate good karma. Saving the bus would generate even greater good karma. Negative (not "evil") karma would be generated if you decided not to save either. Also, karma doesn't exist. It's merely yet another religious system of explaining human decision and action.
#9 Posted by worlock77 (22547 posts) -

It depends, does the evil karma make my eyes red? That would be cool.

#10 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

This is a no brainer. I'd save the bus full of kids.

#11 Posted by XilePrincess (13130 posts) -
[QUOTE="Zeviander"]You definitely don't understand how karma works. Saving the friend would generate good karma. Saving the bus would generate even greater good karma. Negative (not "evil") karma would be generated if you decided not to save either. Also, karma doesn't exist. It's merely yet another religious system of explaining human decision and action.

I think OP's understanding of "karma" is the cause-and-effect of a decision. If he saves his friend but the bus explodes, he may be represented as selfish for 'allowing' the children to die. That would be bad 'karma', in his mind. Or saving the children and allowing the friend to die would make him selfless and a hero, sacrificing his friend for the children, which would be good 'karma'. While of course, the cause and effect idea isn't what karma is at all, I think that's what OP's trying to ask.
#12 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

You definitely don't understand how karma works. Saving the friend would generate good karma. Saving the bus would generate even greater good karma. Negative (not "evil") karma would be generated if you decided not to save either. Also, karma doesn't exist. It's merely yet another religious system of explaining human decision and action.Zeviander
You're taking this way too seriously for something you don't think exists...

#13 Posted by worlock77 (22547 posts) -

While of course, the cause and effect idea isn't what karma is at allXilePrincess

Actually yes, it is.

#14 Posted by cheese_game619 (13316 posts) -
oh look its the karma argument again
#15 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
You're taking this way too seriously for something you don't think exists... Pirate700
I'm merely pointing out the flaw in the use of the word "karma".
#16 Posted by dave123321 (34152 posts) -

[QUOTE="Zeviander"]You definitely don't understand how karma works. Saving the friend would generate good karma. Saving the bus would generate even greater good karma. Negative (not "evil") karma would be generated if you decided not to save either. Also, karma doesn't exist. It's merely yet another religious system of explaining human decision and action.Pirate700

You're taking this way too seriously for something you don't think exists...

Please don't get him started <3 you though zev
#17 Posted by Kats_RK (2080 posts) -

psh i'll save my best friend.

#18 Posted by Sword-Demon (6970 posts) -

**** em, let em all die

[spoiler] save the kids, obviously. who in their right mind would pick one friend over 50 or so children? [/spoiler]