Justin Bieber walks in on gay Republican meeting

This topic is locked from further discussion.

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By whipassmt
Member since 2007 • 15375 Posts

I know, it sounds like the beginning of a corny joke, but it's a true story.

Bieber and four friends met at a fancy place in L.A. called the "State Social House" where he apparently likes to hang out in room called the attic. But that day the Social State House was home to a meeting of the Los Angeles Chapter of the "Log Cabin Republicans".

And now for the kicker; according to an article quoted by the article in my link:

"the singer had turned up to the State Social House in Los Angeles with four friends only to find his usual perch had been taken by a meeting of gay Republicans.

Undeterred, he took a seat in the private area, known as the Attic, anyway as the group discussed gay rights.

As it was, his presence initially went unnoticed because the meeting just thought he was a 'butcher version of Miley Cyrus', they later explained".

"A butcher version of Miley Cyrus"

Eventually they did recognize him and try to take pictures, but they were "deterred" by his armed guards.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

Justin Bieber takes a lot of crap, some of it deserved I guess (I don't know much about him), but I don't see anything particularly wrong with this. Unless it comes out that he acted like a jerk (I know) or disrupted it (aside from the inherent disruption of "holy shit, that's Justin Bieber") then whatever.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

>Gay Republicans

dat self hatred

LordQuorthon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 LordQuorthon
Member since 2008 • 5803 Posts

Gay republicans! :D

Toph_Girl250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Toph_Girl250
Member since 2008 • 48978 Posts

JB seriously has armed guards? Psh, their wasting their time, they need better/more productive jobs.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts
@Toph_Girl250 said:

JB seriously has armed guards? Psh, their wasting their time, they need better/more productive jobs.

They probably make at least six figures just to stand around.

Toph_Girl250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Toph_Girl250

@Aljosa23 said:
@Toph_Girl250 said:

They probably make at least six figures just to stand around.

Damn, then its possible they might not like the idea of guarding JB, but they still do it because it sure is hard resisting money like that. I mean I know I probably would have a difficult time resisting that kind of money as well.

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 whipassmt

@Master_Live said:

Justin Bieber takes a lot of crap, some of it deserved I guess (I don't know much about him), but I don't see anything particularly wrong with this. Unless it comes out that he acted like a jerk (I know) or disrupted it (aside from the inherent disruption of "holy shit, that's Justin Bieber") then whatever.

I'm not saying anything's wrong with this, I just thought it was funny that the people at first thought he was a "butcher version of Miley Cyrus".

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

@whipassmt said:

@Master_Live said:

I'm not saying anything's wrong with this, I just thought it was funny that the people at first thought he was a "butcher version of Miley Cyrus".

Nah, I didn't mean it that way. Just trying to pre-empt some of the brainless "Justin Bieber suxx!!" that might be coming this way.

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By whipassmt

@Master_Live said:

@whipassmt said:

@Master_Live said:

Nah, I didn't mean it that way. Just trying to pre-empt some of the brainless "Justin Bieber suxx!!" that might be coming this way.

Yeah, he's been getting that since he first became popular. I didn't really see the point of that, I was 19 at the time and it seemed beneath me to be making fun of a 14-15 year old.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mattbbpl  Online
Member since 2006 • 23024 Posts

@whipassmt said:

@Master_Live said:

Agreed, that line makes the story worthwhile.

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

@Toph_Girl250 said:

JB is so tough he doesn't need them.

ssvegeta555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ssvegeta555
Member since 2003 • 2448 Posts

@Ryagan said:

Wait, gay Republicans exist?

I know right? That was the first thing that popped in my head. Why is everyone going on about JB, ignoring the elephant in the room...

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 SaintLeonidas
Member since 2006 • 26735 Posts

Wow! Tell me more!

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mattbbpl  Online
Member since 2006 • 23024 Posts

@ssvegeta555 said:

@Ryagan said:

I know right? That was the first thing that popped in my head. Why is everyone going on about JB, ignoring the elephant in the room...

They've been around for a while, so I'm guessing that most people already know about them. They even made the news a lot before the election rolled around because they caused a lot of friction at GOP conferences and whatnot.

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 whipassmt

@Storm_Marine said:

@Toph_Girl250 said:

Some rich folk need guards, some can manage without them.

Toph_Girl250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Toph_Girl250

@Storm_Marine said:

@Toph_Girl250 said:

Yeah, and I hear also that pigs can fly. :P

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19  Edited By deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

@Toph_Girl250 said:

@Storm_Marine said:

@Toph_Girl250 said:

Yeah, and I hear also that pigs can fly. :P

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@Toph_Girl250 said:

Bodyguards for big name celebrities make hundreds of thousands of dollars a year to stand around.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

@Ryagan said:

My thoughts as well.

thebest31406

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 thebest31406
Member since 2004 • 3775 Posts

Gay republicans?

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

strangely enough the official gay republican meetings are one of the few republican meeting places that is not a public restroom or interstate rest area.

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#26 plageus900
Member since 2013 • 3065 Posts

Lol at everyone in this thread that thinks your sexual orientation dictates your political beliefs.

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 whipassmt

@Aljosa23 said:

>Gay Republicans

dat self hatred

Dat generalizing.

@sheikhspeare said:

who iz jb?

John Boehner, the Speaker of the House, the third highest U.S gov't official.

@mattbbpl said:

@whipassmt said:

@Master_Live said:

Agreed, that line makes the story worthwhile.

Yes, were it not for that line I probably would have never made this thread. It actually makes sense that they would mistake him for "a butcher version" of Miley at a meeting of a group comprised of homosexual republicans (and their "straight allies"). Given his height and that environment, from a distance he would look similar to many short-haired lesbians.

@Ryagan said:

They really do exist! If they were pokemon cards they'd probably be rare, but not quite as rare as black vegans.

In case anyone is wondering the Log Cabin Republicans do generally favor same-sex marriage, so in that regards the group is at odds with the Republican party as a whole on that issue.