Justin Bieber may replace Paul Walker in F&F7

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by realistic44 (7912 posts) -

http://hollywoodlife.com/2013/07/08/justin-bieber-fast-and-furious-7/#

Please, tell me that they aren't serious :|

#2 Posted by Makhaidos (2162 posts) -

No, they really aren't. F&F 7's development has been indefinitely stopped.

#3 Posted by Master_Live (15832 posts) -

As it should be.

#4 Posted by GazaAli (23773 posts) -

Its not like the F&F franchise is anything to mourn or something.

#5 Posted by Hallenbeck77 (14633 posts) -

@Makhaidos said:

This. They've shut down until they figure out what they're gonna do next. Somehow, I seriously doubt that Justin Bieber is gonna be involved in this.

#6 Posted by Avian005 (4112 posts) -

It didn't even take me one look at the website to know this was completely false. There's no way in hell Justin Bieber would replace Paul Walker, nor would he ever be added to the F&F franchise. Universal also put the film on indefinite hold until they figure out how they want to continue the franchise. So yeah.

#7 Posted by LittleMac19 (1638 posts) -

If you're dumb enough to believe that then go ahead and believe it.

#8 Posted by one_plum (6364 posts) -

@LittleMac19:

Beliebe it

#9 Posted by Motokid6 (6303 posts) -

@GazaAli: But it is.. it really is. Theres a reason they made six movies dude.. Some where better then others, but each one made alot of money and has a large fanbase. Im not THAT into the movies, but i really like one and two. And they are the sole reason i got into cars and racing. Can you even imagine how many kids became gear heads since watching the first movie? Inspired a whole generation..

#10 Posted by playmynutz (6388 posts) -

@Makhaidos: hope your right

#11 Posted by Hallenbeck77 (14633 posts) -

@playmynutz said:

@Makhaidos: hope your right

It's true. Here's the official word from Variety.

#12 Posted by themajormayor (24298 posts) -

@GazaAli said:

Its not like the F&F franchise is anything to mourn or something.

#13 Edited by playmynutz (6388 posts) -

@hallenbeck77: Nice

Let the man r.i.p.

#14 Posted by GazaAli (23773 posts) -

@Motokid6 said:

@GazaAli: But it is.. it really is. Theres a reason they made six movies dude.. Some where better then others, but each one made alot of money and has a large fanbase. Im not THAT into the movies, but i really like one and two. And they are the sole reason i got into cars and racing. Can you even imagine how many kids became gear heads since watching the first movie? Inspired a whole generation..

All of that is fine and dandy, but it doesn't say anything about the quality,caliber or artistic/long term worth of the franchise. All of what you said applies to the Twilight franchise for example. Even YuGiOh and Pokemon managed to create an enormous fanbase and these two franchises made millions and millions in revenue and spanned all kinds of products and . I for one find F&F a mere bad-boys flick that should, in a perfect world, appeal to not just teens, but to teens with poor artistic faculties and a not very bright future intellect.

#15 Posted by BranKetra (49819 posts) -

@hallenbeck77 said:

@Makhaidos said:

This. They've shut down until they figure out what they're gonna do next. Somehow, I seriously doubt that Justin Bieber is gonna be involved in this.

That looked like a fan-made trailer of Fast and the Furious 6, anyway.

#16 Posted by bayloski (2707 posts) -
@GazaAli said:

@Motokid6 said:

All of that is fine and dandy, but it doesn't say anything about the quality,caliber or artistic/long term worth of the franchise. All of what you said applies to the Twilight franchise for example. Even YuGiOh and Pokemon managed to create an enormous fanbase and these two franchises made millions and millions in revenue and spanned all kinds of products and . I for one find F&F a mere bad-boys flick that should, in a perfect world, appeal to not just teens, but to teens with poor artistic faculties and a not very bright future intellect.

I can agree with Motokid with the first film inspiring a generation. Popularity of the car modding scene sky-rocketted and influenced a lot of peoples taste in cars. I still remember going to see the first movie in the cinema ten years ago.

The F&F are popcorn flicks nothing more nothing less. The series has grossed nearly $2 Billion world wide in cinemas. Who knows how many DVD'S etc have been sold. Knocking peoples future intellect because they choose to watch a film is pretty sad. Do you just watch the critically acclaimed films and arthouse rubbish or something??

#17 Posted by HuggyBear1020 (467 posts) -

Obvious hoax is obvious, you better beliebe it.

#18 Posted by Shottayouth13- (6868 posts) -

@GazaAli said:

@Motokid6 said:

You know, not every movie should challenge your world view and compel you to change your way of thinking. Some are just meant to be enjoyed for what they are - entertainment.

Get off your damn high horse.

#19 Edited by JML897 (33133 posts) -

I'm with shottayouth.

The Fast and the Furious movies won't ever win any major oscars but they serve a purpose and are fun for what they are (especially the later ones).

#20 Posted by Solid_Link22 (5688 posts) -

@Shottayouth13- said:

@GazaAli said:

@Motokid6 said:

You know, not every movie should challenge your world view and compel you to change your way of thinking. Some are just meant to be enjoyed for what they are - entertainment.

^I agree with the above. The movies are fun to watch.

#21 Posted by danjammer69 (4146 posts) -

This would be step #1 in the book "How to kill a respected franchise"

Seriously, how could anyone think this is a good idea?

#22 Posted by slipknot0129 (5520 posts) -

Better Beliebe it.

#23 Posted by GazaAli (23773 posts) -

@Solid_Link22 said:

@Shottayouth13- said:

@GazaAli said:

@Motokid6 said:

^I agree with the above. The movies are fun to watch.

What I said doesn't really conflict with what you all said. There's nothing wrong with enjoying the F&F franchise as a popcorn flick, or a bad-boys wannabe flick. But to claim that the franchise had any substantial artistic weight or that it was of a high influential caliber in the sense that it had a "profound" effect on a lot of people is kind of absurd, at least to me.

#24 Edited by -Unreal- (24557 posts) -

Fast and Furious are crap movies anyway.

#25 Edited by Gaming-Planet (14423 posts) -

That would be a disgrace.