Justice League film to follow Batman/Superman in 2018.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

'Justice League' movie to follow 'Batman/Superman' in 2018

Warner Bros. says it is going to try again to create a big-screen version of Justice League, the long-demanded, occasionally attempted team-up between Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern and other iconic DC superheroes.

In an interview with the Wall Street Journal, the studio’s production president Greg Silverman confirmed that Zack Snyder would follow-up his 2016 Batman/Superman movie with this one, delivering Justice League to theaters sometime in 2018.

--------------------------------------------------------

So sad that I don't feel excited for this.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

I am thinking if where I want to be In four years

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

I refuse to see any of them unless they bring back Christian Bale.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

It's time to let Nolan batman go, air

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16879 Posts

That's if the MoS follow-up is a hit. If it underperforms or just flat out bombs, I don't see Warner Bros. going through with it. They also said that Green Lantern was supposed to be a franchise as well, but those plans went out the window once the box office returns was less than they expected.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

@hallenbeck77 said:

That's if the MoS follow-up is a hit. If it underperforms or just flat out bombs, I don't see Warner Bros. going through with it. They also said that Green Lantern was supposed to be a franchise as well, but those plans went out the window once the box office returns was less than they expected.

Thank you for closing that thread, btdubs.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@airshocker said:

Ben will do the role well imo. Being Batman isn't hard, anyone can do that... it's being Bruce Wayne where you have to pull it off, but Ben has all the suave and classy style to do the original comic book Bruce Wayne justice.

I still think Michael Keaton was just awesome. He had that dark side to him.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#8 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

I was hoping they were going to do it with this movie and get it over with =P

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36040 Posts

@FelipeInside said:

@airshocker said:

Ben will do the role well imo. Being Batman isn't hard, anyone can do that... it's being Bruce Wayne where you have to pull it off, but Ben has all the suave and classy style to do the original comic book Bruce Wayne justice.

On the one hand I'm sort of interested in what Ben Affleck would do with the Batman, on the other hand I really really have come to dislike Zack Snider's films with the exception of 300 (it's sequel was just okay).

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#10 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

That will be a while from now. One thing I have noticed about DC's films with real actors is that they seem less organized than Marvel's. I hope that changes.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11  Edited By foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Hopefully people like BM/SM.

solidruss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 solidruss
Member since 2002 • 24082 Posts

I was just about to post that here, beaten to the punch :P

Well it's so far out that I'll reserve opinions about it for now. Just hope it's good.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 FelipeInside

@BranKetra said:

That will be a while from now. One thing I have noticed about DC's films with real actors is that they seem less organized than Marvel's. I hope that changes.

They are shooting both films back to back.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By branketra

@FelipeInside said:

@BranKetra said:

Great. That still leaves the recent Green Lantern film. There has not been any conformation of Ryan Reynolds being recast as Hal Jordan. Nolan's version of Batman is less fantastical than the comic, cartoon, or video game versions of Batman. I have and other people will have questions about the Batman/Superman and Justice League film regarding those two facts. I question whether Reynolds will return as Green Lantern in Justice League or is there going to be a new Hal Jordan; or another GL altogether?

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 FelipeInside

@BranKetra said:

@FelipeInside said:

@BranKetra said:

Great. That still leaves the recent Green Lantern film. There has not been any conformation of Ryan Reynolds being recast as Hal Jordan. Nolan's version of Batman is less fantastical than the comic, cartoon, or video game versions of Batman. I have and other people will have questions about the Batman/Superman and Justice League film regarding those two facts. I question whether Reynolds will return as Green Lantern in Justice League or is there going to be a new Hal Jordan; or another GL altogether?

They will probably get Reynolds back in, he is still capable of doing the character and he would be interested.

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By BluRayHiDef
Member since 2009 • 10839 Posts

Zack Snyder is a good choice for director, because his work with Watchmen was incredible and demonstrated that he's good at directing ensemble films.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts

Well considering I don't see BMvs.SM making more than $150 million at the domestic box office I'm not sure this is really a good idea. It seems to me that DC is rushing into full blown group movies to quickly. Marvel took their time and fleshed out their characters before throwing them together. That seems to be the best way to make large crowded films like that to work.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By branketra

@FelipeInside said:

They will probably get Reynolds back in, he is still capable of doing the character and he would be interested.

We will see.

@ferrari2001 said:

Well considering I don't see BMvs.SM making more than $150 million at the domestic box office I'm not sure this is really a good idea. It seems to me that DC is rushing into full blown group movies to quickly. Marvel took their time and fleshed out their characters before throwing them together. That seems to be the best way to make large crowded films like that to work.

Man of Steel made nearly twice that at the domestic box office. That tells me people would like to see more Superman and considering the success of the Nolan Batman trilogy more DC superheroes on film in general. GL was certainly not as good or successful as those films, yet there is definitely a future for DC live action films.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ferrari2001
@BranKetra said:

@ferrari2001 said:

Man of Steel made nearly twice that at the domestic box office. That tells me people would like to see more Superman considering the success of the Nolan Batman trilogy, more DC superheroes on film in general.

Yes but considering Captain America 3 is released the exact same day as BvS I have a pretty good feeling that if people have to choose they will choose Cap 3 over BvS which will negatively effect it's domestic performance. Not to mention a lot of people did see Man of Steel but very few people were satisfied. Which could also hurt it's box office performance.

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 BluRayHiDef
Member since 2009 • 10839 Posts

@FelipeInside said:

@airshocker said:

I agree with you about Ben Affleck. In fact, I talk about why he's a good choice in the following video. When you click on it, it will begin at the point I start talking about him.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#21  Edited By Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12303 Posts
@airshocker said:

Not going to happen.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 FelipeInside

@ferrari2001 said:
@BranKetra said:

@ferrari2001 said:

Man of Steel made nearly twice that at the domestic box office. That tells me people would like to see more Superman considering the success of the Nolan Batman trilogy, more DC superheroes on film in general.

Yes but considering Captain America 3 is released the exact same day as BvS I have a pretty good feeling that if people have to choose they will choose Cap 3 over BvS which will negatively effect it's domestic performance. Not to mention a lot of people did see Man of Steel but very few people were satisfied. Which could also hurt it's box office performance.

I disagree. People will be over Captain by then, and everyone wants to see the Dark Knight against the Last Son of Krypton.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ferrari2001

@FelipeInside said:

@ferrari2001 said:
@BranKetra said:

@ferrari2001 said:

I disagree. People will be over Captain by then, and everyone wants to see the Dark Knight against the Last Son of Krypton.

We shall see. With Age of Ultron and various other Marvel releases Marvel profits will only continue to grow.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 FelipeInside

@ferrari2001 said:

@FelipeInside said:

@ferrari2001 said:
@BranKetra said:

@ferrari2001 said:

We shall see. With Age of Ultron and various other Marvel releases Marvel profits will only continue to grow.

I don't doubt that. Even though I was worried a few years back, Disney acquiring Marvel was the best thing to happen to them, but there is always a limit to where you can push things. Marvel is "over-saturating" the movie scene with superhero movies. I've seen people that like comics even say it's getting a bit too much or too often. I don't think Marvel should go past a 3rd Avengers movie if that.

But something like Batman and Superman, two iconic characters that everyone knows (not just comic book fans), will be something totally new. Hopefully they can pull it off and make something more improved than Man of Steel which should have been much better.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By branketra
@ferrari2001 said:
@BranKetra said:

@ferrari2001 said:

Yes but considering Captain America 3 is released the exact same day as BvS I have a pretty good feeling that if people have to choose they will choose Cap 3 over BvS which will negatively effect it's domestic performance.

The day Captain America 3 will open in theaters is not certain.

‘Captain America 3’: Disney ‘Struggling’ With ‘Batman Vs. Superman’ Showdown

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/1227079/captain-america-3-disney-struggling-with-batman-vs-superman-showdown/#HlvLKHeoLz3gfeY3.99

Not to mention a lot of people did see Man of Steel but very few people were satisfied. Which could also hurt it's box office performance.

Man of Steel is not a good as it could have been, but people really like Superman overall. I forsee it doing well.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By branketra

@FelipeInside said:

@ferrari2001 said:
@BranKetra said:

@ferrari2001 said:

Captain America is going to be popular for a while. Comic book writers successfully brought him to modern times. I expect him to make Marvel plenty of money.