Judog1's 10 yr Post Party! (56k warning)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

judog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By judog1
Member since 2005 • 24657 Posts

I can't believe it's been ten years since I have joined GameSpot. I initially joined the site to download the demo for Tron 2.0. I think that statement alone says how much the Internet in general has changed since then. Would anyone today still sign up for a site (not a service) just for a demo?

I have not been posting on GameSpot very much lately. I still lurk the site, but I really only post if I feel that what I have to say will add to the conversation. This is a stark contrast from my earlier years on the site where I would participate in forum games that were rampant on union boards. Posting and creating these threads eventually lead to my first and only suspension.

Unions were a huge part of my GameSpot experience. I still do not understand how I managed to become an officer on The Reviewers Legion and The Emblem Union, two of GameSpot's biggest unions. The officer position on The Reviewers Legion is what really baffles me. Sure, I was writing game reviews, but they were nowhere near the quality that other members on the site were posting, especially those at the Community Contributions Union. On the bright side, I think writing those reviews eventually helped to improve my writing skills.

As much as I liked unions, I was not sad to see them go. Towards the end of their existence they were just another place for OT users to hang out. Subreddits have mostly replaced my need for unions anyways. If there is one thing that I miss about the way GameSpot used to be, it is how active the forums were. Sometimes it was almost impossible to keep up with new posts. Refreshing the page guaranteed that something new would appear. This has not been the case for a while now, and that is disappointing.

I can go on about my GameSpot experience, but let's celebrate!

Now for some food. Choose from pizza or sandwiches.

Don't forget to grab the packets of mayonnaise and mustard that are on the side of the sandwich tray.

Grab a drink.

Cake is overrated.

Entertainment will be one of the best Harry Potter movies.

Have fun.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#2 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

Wohoo!

Brought these.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

Lets par-tey!

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

56K still exists? Even Pakistan has 3G.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38677 Posts

congrats. missed my 10 year about 2 months ago.

*takes double stuff oreo and walks away*

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

judog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#7 judog1
Member since 2005 • 24657 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

56K still exists? Even Pakistan has 3G.

I think NetZero still suckers old people into paying for Dial-Up.