Joan Rivers in medically induced coma,

#1 Posted by lightleggy (16066 posts) -

It seems a surgery went wrong and she went into cardiac and respiratory arrest. Medics managed to induce a coma and will apparently take her out of it by the weekend.

Link

#2 Posted by ferrari2001 (17072 posts) -

The amount of botox she's received I am in no way surprised by this news. Chances are she only has a couple more years to live anyways. Surely that many surgeries and that much botox is in no way healthy.

#3 Posted by Serraph105 (28275 posts) -

She's a very funny lady in my limited exposure to her, I wish her the best.

#4 Posted by Qixote (10742 posts) -

@ferrari2001 said:

The amount of botox she's received I am in no way surprised by this news. Chances are she only has a couple more years to live anyways. Surely that many surgeries and that much botox is in no way healthy.

Does hate and lack of compassion always come so naturally for you?

#5 Posted by SaintLeonidas (26437 posts) -

Unfortunate and all, but my word she is one annoying individual.

#6 Posted by thegerg (15652 posts) -

Ok

#7 Edited by Stesilaus (3421 posts) -

What was it that the Zionist hag Joan Rivers said i.c.w. Israel's murder of 2000 civilians in Gaza?

Oh yeah, it was: "Don't you dare make me feel sad about that."

Well, Joan, my response to the news of your coma is exactly the same.

#8 Posted by BranKetra (49035 posts) -

Whatever differences in opinion I have with her do not prevent me from wishing her good health as another human being.

#9 Posted by Smallville0608 (65 posts) -

She actually was going to be the successor to Carson, but Leno got the Tonight Show instead. She was quite funny.

#10 Posted by BranKetra (49035 posts) -

@smallville0608 said:

She actually was going to be the successor to Carson, but Leno got the Tonight Show instead. She was quite funny.

She is alive.

#11 Posted by Klunt_Bumskrint (4139 posts) -

She was great in the few episodes of Louie she was in

#12 Posted by Master_Live (15111 posts) -

What will E! do without her.

#13 Edited by Boddicker (2879 posts) -

Sad. She's very funny and is/was a well known comedienne in the 50's-60's who went onto a successful talk show career in the 80's.

She is an American icon. As for her plastic surgeries, hey, if you have the money why not? She fails to look even half as Frankensteinian as some of these freak shows out there. For example:

#14 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (8512 posts) -

@SaintLeonidas said:

Unfortunate and all, but my word she is one annoying individual.

#15 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (8512 posts) -

@Boddicker said:

Sad. She's very funny and is/was a well known comedienne in the 50's-60's who went onto a successful talk show career in the 80's.

She is an American icon. As for her plastic surgeries, hey, if you have the money why not? She fails to look even half as Frankensteinian as some of these freak shows out there. For example:

My eyes, they burn!