This topic is locked from further discussion.

JuggaloRandall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 JuggaloRandall
Member since 2010 • 8213 Posts

Alright, I have some questions about Jehova's Witness. Why is it thatJehovah'sWitnessdon't believe in Jesus, but celebrate his death on Easter?Why is it that Cerial Killers, Rapists, Men who beat their children and wife, Pretty much anything absolutley terrible still go to heaven just to be servants? It don't make sense to me. Im not Religous, I believe in Jesus but don't pratice anything. I like it when I actually understand whats going on. Thank you :)

Aft3rBurn3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Aft3rBurn3r
Member since 2007 • 668 Posts
I think you've greatly misunderstood something... I'm agnostic, so I can't really help you, but I'm pretty sure they don't believe all that you believe they do. As far as I know the only 'weird' thing they do is go knock on peoples doors and hand out pamphlets. Who knows though, maybe I'm the one thats mistaken.
CommonFable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 CommonFable
Member since 2009 • 884 Posts

God is said to be just. If a man beats his wife and children, is a cerial killer, and rapes women then he obviously doesn't actually have faith in Christ and did not go to heaven. God knows just because someone says they do, doesn't mean they truly do.

Dariency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#4 Dariency
Member since 2003 • 9464 Posts

Jehovah's Witnesses do not celebrate Easter. They also don't believe anyone is going to heaven except the already chosen 144,000.

Proobie44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Proobie44
Member since 2006 • 5663 Posts

Obviously you have your facts wrong. We do believe in Jesus Christ and more importantly only 144,00 servants of God will go to heaven to serve him while everyone else will live in paradise on earth after Armageddon

wslacker2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 wslacker2
Member since 2007 • 1192 Posts

In answer to your second question: We are not saved by works.Nor are we damned by them.Is it fair that rapists or serial killers might go to Heaven? No. But is it fair that you or I go there as well? Are we rapists or serial killers? Absolutely not. But we each have sinned in some or many ways. We may go to Heaven by our faith in Jesus and God. Romans 8:28: "By grace you have been saved through faith. And it is not by any works of your own, so that no one can boast."

Diablo112688

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Diablo112688
Member since 2003 • 8345 Posts
They do believe in Jesus... what are you talking about?
SapSacPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 SapSacPrime
Member since 2004 • 8925 Posts

Cerial Killers?

On topic I would rather ask why they feel the need to knock on my door and pester me, leave a leaflet or something.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

Cerial Killers?

On topic I would rather ask why they feel the need to knock on my door and pester me, leave a leaflet or something.

SapSacPrime

Does this mean when I go to heaven I'll have to be a servant? I kill a bowl every morning.

pete_merlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 pete_merlin
Member since 2007 • 6098 Posts

Obviously you have your facts wrong. We do believe in Jesus Christ and more importantly only 144,00 servants of God will go to heaven to serve him while everyone else will live in paradise on earth after Armageddon

Proobie44
cool story bro
JuggaloRandall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 JuggaloRandall
To Everybody, I was told my my friend whose family is Jehova's witness and he is not. That Jehova's witness celebrates Jesus's death. Which would be today, But they are celebrating the fact that he died. As in it's good that he is dead and gone away with. Im not trying to be a jerk about it. Im only asking about What I was told. And I figured It was a good sorce Because He was raised Jehova's witness, but then left it when he got older. And he loves Chrismas.
theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

To Everybody, I was told my my friend whose family is Jehova's witness and he is not. That Jehova's witness celebrates Jesus's death. Which would be today, But they are celebrating the fact that he died. As in it's good that he is dead and gone away with. JuggaloRandall

So what? They do that with Guy Fawkes in England, I don't see why people can't do that with Jesus.

gregbmil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 gregbmil
Member since 2004 • 2703 Posts

I like to try and convert them to Atheism when they knock on my door. Not that I'm a hardcore Atheist, or anything. I just think it's very rude to knock on someone's door to try and convert them to Jehovahs Witness. They keep doing it because most people are to nice to be mean to them and tell them **** off

Dariency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#14 Dariency
Member since 2003 • 9464 Posts

To Everybody, I was told my my friend whose family is Jehova's witness and he is not. That Jehova's witness celebrates Jesus's death. Which would be today, But they are celebrating the fact that he died. As in it's good that he is dead and gone away with. Im not trying to be a jerk about it. Im only asking about What I was told. And I figured It was a good sorce Because He was raised Jehova's witness, but then left it when he got older. And he loves Chrismas. JuggaloRandall

Easter celebrates Jesus' resurrection, not his death. JW's do celebrate his death by doing the passover meal, which was about a week ago.

SunofVich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 SunofVich
Member since 2004 • 4665 Posts

Jehovahs Witness do not celebrate easter. They do not celebrate any holidays, their members do not even celebrate their birthdays.

But on Christmas and Birthdays some still recieve gifts they just don't make a big deal about it.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178860 Posts
To Everybody, I was told my my friend whose family is Jehova's witness and he is not. That Jehova's witness celebrates Jesus's death. Which would be today, But they are celebrating the fact that he died. As in it's good that he is dead and gone away with. Im not trying to be a jerk about it. Im only asking about What I was told. And I figured It was a good sorce Because He was raised Jehova's witness, but then left it when he got older. And he loves Chrismas. JuggaloRandall
No the Resurrection is celebrated today.
D_Battery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 D_Battery
Member since 2009 • 2478 Posts

I like to try and convert them to Atheism when they knock on my door. Not that I'm a hardcore Atheist, or anything. I just think it's very rude to knock on someone's door to try and convert them to Jehovahs Witness. They keep doing it because most people are to nice to be mean to them and tell them **** off

gregbmil
It's awfully presumptuous in general to think that you know what's best for others. I hate proselytization on principle.
JuggaloRandall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 JuggaloRandall

gregbmil

My one friend's parents try to convert them to Christianity when Jehovhas Witness comes to their door. :lol: But I hate it when they come knockin on my door asking if im ready for the return of Jehovha. Ill slam the door or yell at them and tell them to put the handycapped parking next to their local church instead of being on the out side of the parking lot.

JuggaloRandall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 JuggaloRandall
[QUOTE="JuggaloRandall"]To Everybody, I was told my my friend whose family is Jehova's witness and he is not. That Jehova's witness celebrates Jesus's death. Which would be today, But they are celebrating the fact that he died. As in it's good that he is dead and gone away with. Im not trying to be a jerk about it. Im only asking about What I was told. And I figured It was a good sorce Because He was raised Jehova's witness, but then left it when he got older. And he loves Chrismas. LJS9502_basic
No the Resurrection is celebrated today.

Oh i apologize. Im not too good with religion. I learned alot about christianity from watching Rugrats as a child :P
Aft3rBurn3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Aft3rBurn3r
Member since 2007 • 668 Posts

Perhaps I'm wrong again, but isn't Easter (today) A celebration of his resurrection?

Edit: Sorry, should read on a bit more :P Didn't realize somebody already noticed it.

doobie1975

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 doobie1975
Member since 2003 • 2806 Posts

i think jehovahs witness's along with mormons are the most hilarious of all the religions.

Bobakuzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#22 Bobakuzero
Member since 2005 • 12162 Posts
Do believe in Jesus. As I just had to go the last supper memorial I have to go to every year. Dont celebrate easter but what I mentioned before. Second thing is bull. And 144000. Yeah. I was raised one. But I bailed as soon as I turned 12.
JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#23 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
:? Jehovah's Witnesses most certainly believe in Jesus. And we don't celebrate his death on Easter. We don't even celebrate Easter. We have something called the Memorial, which takes place before Easter, that we observe the sacrifice. And by the way, we don't believe that anyone but the 144,000 go to Heaven.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178860 Posts
:? Jehovah's Witnesses most certainly believe in Jesus. And we don't celebrate his death on Easter. We don't even celebrate Easter. We have something called the Memorial, which takes place before Easter, that we observe the sacrifice. And by the way, we don't believe that anyone but the 144,000 go to Heaven.JustPlainLucas
I did not know you were a Jehovah's Witness. I knew Proobie was....thought he was the only one on here.
JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 JustPlainLucas
Then your friend didn't listen to a single thing he was taught. You should thank your friend for making you look really bad.
JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 JustPlainLucas
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] I did not know you were a Jehovah's Witness. I knew Proobie was....thought he was the only one on here.

Well, I'm not baptized, not even really active to be honest, but my mother is. And I do attend the Memorial every year. I know a thing or two, but my general knowledge of the religion isn't anything like it used to be 15 years ago.
JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 JustPlainLucas

i think jehovahs witness's along with mormons are the most hilarious of all the religions.

doobie1975
Well, I'm glad they amuse you so much.