Japan was lured into WWII by USA.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 loco145
Member since 2006 • 12226 Posts

Naoki Hyakuta says Japan was lured into the Second World War by America while liberating Asia from white colonialism.

He denies war crimes such as the 1937 Nanjing massacre, when Japanese troops killed thousands of Chinese civilians. Such views are common among revisionists in Japan. Mr Hyakuta, however, sits on the board of the nation’s public service broadcaster.

Source.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts

During war there are no rules

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3  Edited By The-Apostle
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts

Yeah... A country that entered the war AFTER Japan and BECAUSE of Japan attacking it really lured Japan into WWII. >_>

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

He should STFU before they nuke him again.

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Laihendi
Member since 2009 • 5872 Posts

@loco145 said:

Naoki Hyakuta says Japan was lured into the Second World War by America while liberating Asia from white colonialism.

He denies war crimes such as the 1937 Nanjing massacre, when Japanese troops killed thousands of Chinese civilians. Such views are common among revisionists in Japan. Mr Hyakuta, however, sits on the board of the nation’s public service broadcaster.

Source.

Any intelligent person with an internet connection will know he's full of shit. Any intelligent person without an internet connection will probably eventually figure out he's full of shit if they haven't already. The rest are hopeless so what they believe doesn't really matter anyways.

Also this kind of stuff is why state funded media is a bad idea.

Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

reminds me of how some conservative nutters in this country try to rewrite the whole slavery being behind the civil war.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#7 vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts

Oh look....an anti-American post on gamespot. How exciting and new!

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

@Master_Live said:

He should STFU before they nuke him again.

t1striker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By t1striker
Member since 2003 • 1549 Posts

Good for him, but even if we did lead them on into the war, they did a very screwed up thing when they attacked pearl harbor, but I don't hate them now since we did a very screwed up thing when we nuked them, and I say we were about even the moment that 2nd nuke hit them.

Yes the nuke was an extremely terrible thing to use, but in the end I believe it saved more lives then it killed in Japan, and the allied nations. All I know is that they were tough SOB's and they just wouldn't give up even after nuked, and I'm surprised they did after the 2nd nuke. Lucky for them too, I think if it got beyond a point in time Russia was going to go after Japan(cause the U.S. had a deal with russia), and Japan today may very well have been Communists. Which may be why they actually surrendered, and not just because of the nuke.

PS: Marx had a really good idea, and Russia screwed it up. Some people today hate Marx because they believe he invented communism, and in a way I guess he did kinda, but they screwed it up big time.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

yeah, and I'm sure it was the US that forced them to invade China and where they raped women and murdered and beheaded civilians for sport, and I'm sure it was the US that forced them to do biological experiments on civilians and POWs like in the infamous Unit 731 compound... oh wait, that on its face is total horseshit, the Japanese have their own version of Holocaust denial, it lives though because we refused to prosecute Japanese for war crimes and let them live the shame of their transgressions

t1striker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By t1striker

@lamprey263 said:

yeah, and I'm sure it was the US that forced them to invade China and where they raped women and murdered and beheaded civilians for sport, and I'm sure it was the US that forced them to do biological experiments on civilians and POWs like in the infamous Unit 731 compound... oh wait, that on its face is total horseshit, the Japanese have their own version of Holocaust denial, it lives though because we refused to prosecute Japanese for war crimes and let them live the shame of their transgressions

I'm sure they are teaching there young a reworded history with some false facts to make there country sound better, just like the U.S. has done somewhat over here. Don't believe everything you read in the modern day history book friend. A lot has been rewritten, and somewhat completely removed, and has probably been forgotten. All just to make us look better.

This is why just like we are looking at guys like this in Japan, and saying he is a complete idiot, and why people outside of the U.S. are looking at some of us(of course not all of them are right either, and were just taught to hate other countries for such and such reason.), and thinking we are complete idiots. Because we are being taught some incorrect history lessons, and I'm sure not all of them are, such as something that went along as long, and was as big as slavery was.

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 The-Apostle
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts

Frankly, I'm not sure what makes this yokel think we lured Japan into attacking Pearl Harbor. >_>

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

Naoki Hyakuta is full of shit. End thread.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#14  Edited By Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

I thought everyone knew this though...

Still not America's fault although they certainly took advantage of the situation.

one_plum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 one_plum
Member since 2009 • 6822 Posts

Nationalist apologists like Hyakuta are why China and Korea can't bury the hatchet with Japan.

chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 chaplainDMK
Member since 2008 • 7004 Posts

Germany can get it's shit together for all the horrible things they did during the War, and Japan still has problems like this. What the hell

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

How did the US lure Japan into WW2 exactly?

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

@chaplainDMK: Two different cultures. Two different results.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

@The-Apostle said:

Yeah... A country that entered the war AFTER Japan and BECAUSE of Japan attacking it really lured Japan into WWII. >_>

Learn your history. America was planning an attack on Japan, so Japan made a pre-emptive attack.

I'm not excusing their actions in the war but being dishonest is wrong.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

@t1striker: While that is true, the United States is much more accountable than other countries. Americans are well aware of events such as the brutality we showed against the Native Americans and the camps we subject Asiatic people to during the second World War. Our history books are very bias, yes, but the knowledge is free to us if we wish to seek it. That isn't the case in many places.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 jun_aka_pekto

@sherman-tank1 said:

@t1striker: While that is true, the United States is much more accountable than other countries. Americans are well aware of events such as the brutality we showed against the Native Americans and the camps we subject Asiatic people to during the second World War. Our history books are very bias, yes, but the knowledge is free to us if we wish to seek it. That isn't the case in many places.

The thing is, the US wasn't alone. The US merely followed the trend set by other countries. Most of the Euros were hellbent on grabbing the rest of the world for themselves. Of course, the US didn't want to be left out. Hell, even Japan got on the act with their activities in Manchuria and the Korean Peninsula.

chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 chaplainDMK

@toast_burner said:

@The-Apostle said:

Learn your history. America was planning an attack on Japan, so Japan made a pre-emptive attack.

Pre emptive of what? US enforced an oil embargo of a out of control nation, it's a pretty radical strike, but it's not an attack plan.And if the US was planning an attack they sure weren't too good at it considering it took them a year of miracles to counterattack the Japanese

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
@toast_burner said:

@The-Apostle said:

How could the US plan an attack against Japan when it had two oceans to keep watch over and the Japanese had 10 aircraft carriers to the US 7 which included 2 inefficient converted battlecruisers and one slow underpowered one? They already had to allocate some of them to the Atlantic Fleet.

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

I find all this sort of stuff interesting. There is currently a 4 part programme on TV about Britain during World War I (Seeing as it's the 100th anniversary)

Loading Video...

Any other content from other nations being created? I'd like to watch them.

Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts

@The-Apostle said:

IIRC the US was preventing Japan from obtaining any oil, which is why they decided to attack.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By jun_aka_pekto

@Sword-Demon said:

@The-Apostle said:

IIRC the US was preventing Japan from obtaining any oil, which is why they decided to attack.

What was the reason for the US to stop exporting oil to Japan? The US wouldn't just stop exporting oil to Japan unless it had good reason to. The economy was still trying to recover from the Great Depression and the US needed all the business it could get.

chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 chaplainDMK

@jun_aka_pekto said:

@Sword-Demon said:

@The-Apostle said:

What was the reason for the US to stop exporting oil to Japan? The US wouldn't just stop exporting oil to Japan unless it had good reason to. The economy was still trying to recover from the Great Depression and the US needed all the business it could get.

I think being a country that gives Nazi Germany competition in genocidal tendencies is reason enough for that lol

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By jun_aka_pekto

@chaplainDMK said:

@jun_aka_pekto said:

@Sword-Demon said:

@The-Apostle said:

I think being a country that gives Nazi Germany competition in genocidal tendencies is reason enough for that lol

True enough. Heck. The Japanese even sank a US gunboat, USS Panay, with scores of the crew dead and wounded. The US didn't go to war over that. If the US was really going to war against Japan, that would have been pretext enough. The truth is, the US simply wasn't ready to go to war.

V3rciS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By V3rciS
Member since 2011 • 2241 Posts

Funny thing is that during WW2 USA and Germany had various trade agreements and Americans were even supplying them with weapons and other resources, only later they changed this stance (I think when France was invaded). Also afterwards USA sent ships on purpose to an area which was heavily guarded by Nazi submarines and Germans even warned them about it and said that they should avoid doing that, which of course resulted in German submarines hitting the American ships thus giving them excuse to enter WW2.

War... ain't it fascinating?

Zelda99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Zelda99
Member since 2004 • 770 Posts

@V3rciS: I'm not sure that's correct. The US was secretly sending supplies to the Britain during the war. They knew that if Britain fell, Germany would control Europe, so the US government sent aid to Britain which kept them alive. Only after the US declared war did Germany start sending all their ships to the deep. Germany did not want to start a war with the US, plus they did not yet hold a full blockade on Britain. The US did not want war until Pearl Harbor. they declared war on Japan and Germany declared war on the US.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts
@sherman-tank1 said:

there's only so much that can be crammed into a K-12 education, but yeah the knowledge is out there for those that seek it in the United States, mostly in dry historical books that mainly serve academic interests, filling libraries of universities, collecting musty smells, maybe only getting checked out by graduate students, doubt many people care to rummage through such stuff but it's there for those that care

this is of course completely different from persevering denialism

Zelda99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Zelda99
Member since 2004 • 770 Posts
@jun_aka_pekto said:

@chaplainDMK said:

@jun_aka_pekto said:

@Sword-Demon said:

@The-Apostle said:

True enough. Heck. The Japanese even sank a US gunboat, USS Panay, with scores of the crew dead and wounded. The US didn't go to war over that. If the US was really going to war against Japan, that would have been pretext enough. The truth is, the US simply wasn't ready to go to war.

It wasn't that the US would not export oil to Japan, it was that Japan did not have enough oil to keep their war effort in China going. They were going to run out of oil within a few months and the US controlled much of the oil rich resources in the pacific. Instead of buying all that oil, they decided to cripple the US's pacific fleet, thus giving them free reign over the pacific. they would no longer have to worry about the US, they would control vital oil resources, they could also expand their empire into previously controlled US islands, and finally they would be able to continue their war effort past China. They attacked the US for several "good" reasons. it was a calculated risk that ended up costing them big.

Also it wasint that the US was not ready for war, it was that the people of the nation did not want it. The US people was had extreme insolationalist views during the late 30's and early 40's. most Americans at that time only cared about the US people and US problems, everyone else was basically on their own planet. The US government wanted to declare war on Germany, but could not do so without the people's support. Only after Pearl Harbor did they have that support. The US government however did not want to go to war with Japan, only Germany. They were in serious peace talks with Japan to stay out of their war with China, that's why Pearl Harbor hurt us so much, becasue we really thought Japan wanted peace. When we went to war with Japan, Germany inevitably followed

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By jun_aka_pekto

@Zelda99 said:
@jun_aka_pekto said:

@chaplainDMK said:

@jun_aka_pekto said:

@Sword-Demon said:

@The-Apostle said:

It wasn't that the US would not export oil to Japan, it was that Japan did not have enough oil to keep their war effort in China going. They were going to run out of oil within a few months and the US controlled much of the oil rich resources in the pacific. Instead of buying all that oil, they decided to cripple the US's pacific fleet, thus giving them free reign over the pacific. they would no longer have to worry about the US, they would control vital oil resources, they could also expand their empire into previously controlled US islands, and finally they would be able to continue their war effort past China. They attacked the US for several "good" reasons. it was a calculated risk that ended up costing them big.

Also it wasint that the US was not ready for war, it was that the people of the nation did not want it. The US people was had extreme insolationalist views during the late 30's and early 40's. most Americans at that time only cared about the US people and US problems, everyone else was basically on their own planet. The US government wanted to declare war on Germany, but could not do so without the people's support. Only after Pearl Harbor did they have that support. The US government however did not want to go to war with Japan, only Germany. They were in serious peace talks with Japan to stay out of their war with China, that's why Pearl Harbor hurt us so much, becasue we really thought Japan wanted peace. When we went to war with Japan, Germany inevitably followed

It's the Brits who controlled the oil in Southeast Asia or at least whoever controlled Brunei. It certainly was not the US. The US was a direct exporter of oil to Japan. The main possession of the United States in that area was the Philippines. The Philippines is pretty much useless for natural resources. But, if you look at a map, its location is very strategic. Anything passing through between Southeast Asia and Japan is subject to air attack from the Philippines for a thousand miles. That's why the Japanese had to capture it.

The US already started its modernization in 1940. There were new ship designs, new aircraft designs, new tank designs on the works. But, it still took a few years before they were ready and in significant numbers. All the US could do was fight a delaying action until its industries were in full gear.

The US somewhat ignored the possibility of war with Japan because for one thing as a result of racist views, they didn't think the Japanese were capable of duking it out with a major power like the US. They didn't think the Japanese had it in them to be technologically proficient. That's why it was such a shock when the Mitsubishi Zero made its appearance. It showed too in the prowess of the IJN during the early naval battles. That's why the Brits, US, Aussies, and Dutch got their collective corn chutes handed back to them. It was such a shock to see an Asian country beating them. Of course, once they got over that shock, then they started fighting back.

t1striker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 t1striker

@lamprey263 said:
@sherman-tank1 said:

there's only so much that can be crammed into a K-12 education, but yeah the knowledge is out there for those that seek it in the United States, mostly in dry historical books that mainly serve academic interests, filling libraries of universities, collecting musty smells, maybe only getting checked out by graduate students, doubt many people care to rummage through such stuff but it's there for those that care

this is of course completely different from persevering denialism

Oh I never said that the United States was worse, or as bad as Japan, I was just stating facts that a lot of americans don't know. The U.S. at least from my knowledge(I don't claim to know everything, and I also know some of what I believe as facts could very well be false, and if they are proven false I would love that knowledge) does seem to keep much more of it's history on track, and to tell you the truth I love this country(born, and raised), but I would also never claim it to be the greatest country in the world for 2 reasons: 1: I've never lived in every other country in the world so how the heck should I be authorized to say which country is better(a lot of people in this country(and probably others) do this through there ethnocentric eyes), and 2: I can see faults in every country out there including this one.

Also this is the one thing I love about the internet. Sure there is a ton of illogical, and completely incorrect crap on here, but if you look hard enough you can find the facts about almost everything, and guess what our country(as China has done) is trying to censor the internet(and they will probably get there way eventually(not like we wont find a loophole though)) right now, If they do this I'm sure they will eventually cover up things just as they have in history books, and we will be back to a very large majority of the population being fed false info that they will completely believe in their hearts.

Sure there are many things people, and countries would like to deny(myself included), but in the end if you deny it it will eventually come back around and bite you in the butt(well most of the time).

chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 chaplainDMK

@Zelda99 said:
@jun_aka_pekto said:

@chaplainDMK said:

@jun_aka_pekto said:

@Sword-Demon said:

@The-Apostle said:

Actually 2 years. The Japanese had oil for about two years when they attacked Pearl Harbor. I think the main reason was that they thought the time was right, the US fleet was concentrated, the US didn't really have a modern navy or naval air force (hell, even normal air force), meanwhile the Japanese were at the height of their power.

The main deal was that the Japanese wanted to seize the Dutch East Indies to get the oil reserves there, and to do that they would need the Philippines, an attack on which would result in the US declaring war. But instead of taking the Philippines and then storming out the counterattack, the Japanese decided to launch a preemptive strike against the US Pacific Fleet and neutralize US presence in the Pacific.