JAPAN or US which country is more advanced ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by mister_XYZ (11 posts) -

Technologically wise i feel Japan is superior to US , then again US is more advanced by military warfare. Standard of living, Education, Heath care system seems at par on both countries. I may be wrong in my judgement tho. Which country is more advanced in every way Japan or US ?

#2 Posted by Dogswithguns (10665 posts) -

Both sux.... advanced for what?!

#4 Posted by Aljosa23 (24269 posts) -

Japan because they have public health care.

#5 Posted by Master_Live (13593 posts) -

Japan has Nintendo, so Japan.

#6 Edited by Bikouchu35 (7220 posts) -

Haven't been to Japan, but I'd imagined they are much more advanced. Maybe grass is greener, but I feel US is lagging behind in infrastructure and the works. We gots no bullet train for one thing.

#7 Edited by comp_atkins (31109 posts) -

Technologically wise i feel Japan is superior to US , then again US is more advanced by military warfare. Standard of living, Education, Heath care system seems at par on both countries. I may be wrong in my judgement tho. Which country is more advanced in every way Japan or US ?

neither is more advanced in EVERY way.

#9 Posted by playmynutz (5921 posts) -

Hard call because Japan and US share

#10 Posted by LJS9502_basic (149437 posts) -

How is it possible for any country to more or less advanced in technology unless they are third world?

#11 Posted by LJS9502_basic (149437 posts) -
#12 Edited by TOTALFILM (4 posts) -

Japan, like always.

#14 Edited by TOTALFILM (4 posts) -
#15 Posted by LJS9502_basic (149437 posts) -
#16 Posted by themajormayor (25620 posts) -

Japan has history and culture, so Japan.

#17 Posted by GazaAli (22491 posts) -

Japan is much more advanced on a "civilian" level, which what really matters to normal people so Japan. Not to mention the unbelievably rich history and culture of Japan like themajormayor said. Besides, its remarkable what the Japanese were able to do after losing the war and getting hit by a couple of nukes despite the fact that Japan is neither agricultural nor resource-rich. Imagine what they could have done had they never lost a major war or had more resources to work with.

#18 Posted by comp_atkins (31109 posts) -

US invents it, Japan perfects it.

#19 Posted by thegerg (14339 posts) -
#20 Posted by themajormayor (25620 posts) -
#21 Posted by TheWalkingGhost (5003 posts) -
#23 Posted by TheWalkingGhost (5003 posts) -
#24 Posted by strategyfn (334 posts) -

Oh the USA could probably ICBM a nickel from half way around the world so I am going to go with the USA. The USA also has the better navy and aircraft.

#25 Edited by TheWalkingGhost (5003 posts) -

@Aljosa23 said:

Japan because they have public health care.

That closes at 6 to 8pm and on weekends. Also I have free healthcare.

#26 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (15724 posts) -

I was born in Japan. I lived a few years there, and I have a handful of Japanese friends.

At least in meteorology, I think the US is ahead based on my experience working with my Japanese counterparts.

As far as daily living in a rural area, I definitely prefer to live in the US. I lived in northern Japan (Aomori) for a few years. It was okay and I had fun. But, in the long run, I much prefer the US.

#27 Posted by thegerg (14339 posts) -
#28 Posted by Barbariser (6697 posts) -

The U.S. easily wins this contest imo.

• They have tonnes of top-tier universities and are vastly superior overall at the tertiary education level
  • Their culture is far more egalitarian towards women, sexual minorities, ethnic minorities and foreigners
  • Their economy is richer, more productive and more dynamic
  • Their population is more optimistic and sustainable, it's younger with a higher birth rate, higher immigration rates and lower suicide rates - a lot of this comes from the U.S.'s more open, tolerant, liberal, less traditionalist culture
  • In most fields the U.S. is way ahead at scientific research and technological innovation
  • Americans are far more charitable and socially conscious
  • The U.S. legal system for all its faults respects the accused to a greater extent than in Japan. Japan's due process system is basically a joke as evidenced by their 99.7% conviction rate for criminal charges.

Sure, the Japanese have nice food, trains, healthier folks and robots but that doesn't really mean enough to me to choose that stagnant, conservative and exclusive kind of society over the U.S..And in a question of who's more "advanced" I'd definitely pick the Americans - their culture is simply too far ahead when it comes to questions of modern ethics, living standards and attitudes.

#29 Posted by hippiesanta (9725 posts) -

Base on my Experience in both country ...... I can say Japan is more advance..... warm seat toilet with auto bidet, the people doesn't smell bad, everyone seems to have beautiful hair, hamburger and instant noodle vending machine, portable blackhead/zit sucker.... 100yen shop ... lol

the only tech that look impressive in USA is their disneyland thempark (which also exist in japan....lol)

#30 Posted by iwilson1296 (2200 posts) -

Not sure really, all I do know is that if there wasn't a U.S., there would be almost nothing for most people in off topic to start threads about.