James Mcovy rumored to play Bilbo Baggins in the upcoming Hobbit movie....???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 giyanks22
Member since 2007 • 209 Posts
According to Imdb James Mcovy is rumored to be playing Bilbo Baggins. I can't believe it. Ian Holm turned down the offer to reprise his role as Bilbo. I can think of several other people who could play the role better than Mcovy. Mcovy is starring with Morgan Freeman and Angelina Jolie in Wanted, which comes out next week. Can you think of anyone better to play Bilbo. Heres the link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0903624/
duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 duxup
Member since 2002 • 43443 Posts
No Ian Holm? Come on Ian, someone offer him enough money dang it.
Avatar image for ElectronicMagic
ElectronicMagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 ElectronicMagic
Member since 2005 • 5412 Posts

It's too bad that Ian Holm isn't going to reprise his role. But I guess this guy is good, he was good in "The Last King of Scotland". But how do they explain that part in the first Lord Of The Rings where Ian Holm is playing young Bilbo? They should pull a George Lucas with future disc releases if they can't get Ian Holm to do it.

saywat11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 saywat11
Member since 2007 • 596 Posts

well, Ian is old...and its supposed to be about Bilbo in his young years...i think. lol

but i've read so many articles about this movie being scraped. so it would be lucky to even come out IMO.

ColdRush88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 ColdRush88
Member since 2008 • 1192 Posts

James McAvoy isn't going to be in The Hobbit. http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2008/06/12/29004-james-mcavoy-says-he%E2%80%99s-not-going-to-be-a-hobbit/

Pre production has begun on the films but no news has been officially released about the cast.

giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 giyanks22

well, Ian is old...and its supposed to be about Bilbo in his young years...i think. lol

saywat11

Yeah, but remember in the fellowship of the ring when Gandalf says to Bilbo "My, you haven't aged a day." EXACT QUOTE! Ian Holm could easily play Bilbo, because they could make him seem a little younger, with younger hair, but the same face. I am going to miss Ian.

saywat11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 saywat11
Member since 2007 • 596 Posts
[QUOTE="saywat11"]

giyanks22

Yeah, but remember in the fellowship of the ring when Gandalf says to Bilbo "My, you haven't aged a day." EXACT QUOTE! Ian Holm could easily play Bilbo, because they could make him seem a little younger, with younger hair, but the same face. I am going to miss Ian.

Yeah, but he could have been saying "you havnt aged a bit since you turned 60" or something like that. i mean, wasnt he 111? he looks like he's 60, so thats what he could have been talking about.

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 SaintLeonidas
Member since 2006 • 26735 Posts
He has already said he is not going to play Bilbo
Dracargen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Dracargen
Member since 2007 • 7928 Posts

What?! Ian Holm turned down the offer?! What the hell kind of idiot--*sigh* I just got done with The Hobbit, and I have got to say, I was really hoping Ian Holm would reprise his role from LotR. This sucks.

Dracargen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Dracargen
Member since 2007 • 7928 Posts
[QUOTE="giyanks22"][QUOTE="saywat11"]

saywat11

Yeah, but he could have been saying "you havnt aged a bit since you turned 60" or something like that. i mean, wasnt he 111? he looks like he's 60, so thats what he could have been talking about.

Bilbo is 51 in the story of The Hobbit.

giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 giyanks22
[QUOTE="saywat11"][QUOTE="giyanks22"][QUOTE="saywat11"]

Dracargen

Bilbo is 51 in the story of The Hobbit.

51 is the last time Gandalf saw Bilbo, and Gandalf said when he saw Bilbo at his 111th b-day "My, You haven't aged a day," because the ring gives you longer life.

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#12 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts
I think we were all hoping for Samuel L Jackson... oh well.
jlh47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 jlh47
Member since 2007 • 3326 Posts

No Ian Holm? Come on Ian, someone offer him enough money dang it.duxup

he's way too old to play it.