It is not racist to question Obama's citizenship

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NEWMAHAY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#301 NEWMAHAY
Member since 2012 • 3824 Posts

So by this logical, since George Washington went to church and read the bible, he completely agrees with every passage?

The book was 900 pages and covered so many topics within it. You claim that a few sentences for the hundreds in pages is your justification? There is no supporting evidence for you in our Constitution. I am sure they would of made to clear as its the highest position a single person can get within our nation (but apparently despite them being so thorough, they decided to leave it out).

You have level of the intellegence that Banjo did when he was here. You're making me miss his stupidity.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#302 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

[QUOTE="Laihendi"] I am not saying that Obama's presidency is certainly illegitimate. I am just saying that the legitimacy is debatable. It is foolish to assume Washington agreed with everything in that book, but it is even more foolish to assume that he didn't agree with any of it.Laihendi

And I didn't say he didn't agree with any of it (reading comprehension is key). Neither of us knows the extent to which he agreed with it, so the point is boot. 

No, it is not debatable. You have no evidence that Vattel's views of natural born citizenship had any bearing on our constitution/laws.

Why would Washington read Law of Nations on his first day as president if he was not interested in incorporating those ideas into his policies of governing? The fact that he read that book on his first day, the first day that this government functioned, makes it clear that he took de Vattel's ideas very seriously.

He might have taken Vattel's ideas seriously, but there is no evidence that he intended for Vattel's idea about natural born citizenship to inform our constitution/laws. Also, taking one's ideas seriously doesn't=agreeing with all of them. It is perfectly possible for one to take an idea seriously, but still disagree with it. Not to mention that there is no evidence that he took every single one of this ideas seriously anyway.

You are merely speculating with zero evidence.

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#303 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts
[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="PannicAtack"]It HAS been debated, by people who know more about the law, legal theory, and government than you do. And you know what they came up with?NEWMAHAY
More vague appeals to authority. Truth isn't determined by consensus and figures of authority.

The authority that is trusted to make this decision was the Supreme Court. Unless you want to ignore the constitution, I mean thats cool if you want too.

Well, I'm sure he's happy to ignore the Constitution when it comes to things like taxes.
Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#304 Laihendi
Member since 2009 • 5872 Posts

[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="PannicAtack"]It HAS been debated, by people who know more about the law, legal theory, and government than you do. And you know what they came up with?PannicAtack

More vague appeals to authority. Truth isn't determined by consensus and figures of authority.

If I were to cite a scientific paper at you in response to you saying, for example, that vaccines cause autism, would you dismiss that as an "appeal to authority"?

The reputable citation might make the paper worth reading, but it doesn't mean that anything that you're saying in the paper is true.
Squeets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#305 Squeets
Member since 2006 • 8185 Posts

[QUOTE="Aljosa23"]

"The Constitution does not define the phrase natural-born citizen, and various opinions have been offered over time regarding its precise meaning. A 2011 Congressional Research Service report stated

The weight of legal and historical authority indicates that the term "natural born" citizen would mean a person who is entitled to U.S. citizenship "by birth" or "at birth", either by being born "in" the United States and under its jurisdiction, even those born to alien parents; by being born abroad to U.S. citizen-parents; or by being born in other situations meeting legal requirements for U.S. citizenship "at birth". Such term, however, would not include a person who was not a U.S. citizen by birth or at birth, and who was thus born an "alien" required to go through the legal process of "naturalization" to become a U.S. citizen."

Laihendi

But if we go back to the original intent of the founders then he may not be considered a natural citizen. He clearly does not meet the qualification called for by Vattel (who is known to have had an influence on Benjamin Franklin and George Washington). Washington was even reported to have been reading it during his first day after inauguration.

[spoiler] pres-george-washington-consulted-law-of- [/spoiler]

You are quite literally the stupidest person.

He came out of a vagina in a state within the United States of America.

Just shut the f-ck up.  I mean honestly... Are you retarded?

Want to talk about citizenship in regards to running for president?  John McCain, the Republican nominee in 2008.  He was born in Panama.  Military bases are NOT US soil.  Status of Forces Agreements determine the jurisdiction of US military abroad.  Well McCain was born in 1936.  Not only was there no status of forces agreement, there was no Panama.  It was an unorganized territory, meaning it was clearly defined as NOT part of the United States.  And he was born there.  Does that sound like natural born US-Citizen?  Born in a territory specifically designated by the government as NOT part of the US.

Now you turn around with your retarded idiocy and tell me that because his white American parents had him, he is a natural born citizen.

Thanks Laihendi, also f-ck you, you are an idiot.

NEWMAHAY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#306 NEWMAHAY

You are merely speculating with zero evidence.

GreySeal9
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#307 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

you still havent said what is to gain form this debate

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#308 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts

you still havent said what is to gain form this debate

lostrib
The only thing that can be gained from a lai thread: Entertainment at his expense.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#309 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

Laihendi went full retard What a character

Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#310 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

Yes, the only people who question it are racist.

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#311 Laihendi

So by this logical, since George Washington went to church and read the bible, he completely agrees with every passage?

The book was 900 pages and covered so many topics within it. You claim that a few sentences for the hundreds in pages are your justification?

You have level of the intellegence that Banjo did when he was here. You're making me miss his stupidity.

NEWMAHAY
I doubt Washington agreed with everything in the bible, but it would be foolish to believe that he didn't agree with anything considering he made the effort to go to church and read the bible, just as he made the effort to read de Vattel's Law of Nations during his first day as president. It would be foolish to assume he didn't agree with anything in that book. We can reasonably assume that he agreed with some ideas in the books, and since one of the ideas is a definition for natural-born citizenship that Obama does not match, that is why the legitimacy of his presidency is debatable.
PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#312 PannicAtack

Even if you could (and you can't) prove that that's what the founding fathers actually meant, it wouldn't matter, because (fun fact!) our legal system is based around precedence as much as statutes.

In other words: a court ruling? That is applicable to interpreting the law.

NEWMAHAY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#313 NEWMAHAY

and since one of the ideas is a definition for natural-born citizenship that Obama does not match, that is why the legitimacy of his presidency is debatable.Laihendi

Your entire argument is speculation

There is no supporting evidence for you in our Constitution. I am sure they would of made to clear as its the highest position a single person can get within our nation (but apparently despite them being so thorough, they decided to leave it out).

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#314 Laihendi

[QUOTE="Laihendi"]

[QUOTE="Aljosa23"]

"The Constitution does not define the phrase natural-born citizen, and various opinions have been offered over time regarding its precise meaning. A 2011 Congressional Research Service report stated

The weight of legal and historical authority indicates that the term "natural born" citizen would mean a person who is entitled to U.S. citizenship "by birth" or "at birth", either by being born "in" the United States and under its jurisdiction, even those born to alien parents; by being born abroad to U.S. citizen-parents; or by being born in other situations meeting legal requirements for U.S. citizenship "at birth". Such term, however, would not include a person who was not a U.S. citizen by birth or at birth, and who was thus born an "alien" required to go through the legal process of "naturalization" to become a U.S. citizen."

Squeets

But if we go back to the original intent of the founders then he may not be considered a natural citizen. He clearly does not meet the qualification called for by Vattel (who is known to have had an influence on Benjamin Franklin and George Washington). Washington was even reported to have been reading it during his first day after inauguration.

Want to talk about citizenship in regards to running for president?  John McCain, the Republican nominee in 2008.  He was born in Panama.  Military bases are NOT US soil.  Status of Forces Agreements determine the jurisdiction of US military abroad.  Well McCain was born in 1936.  Not only was there no status of forces agreement, there was no Panama.  It was an unorganized territory, meaning it was clearly defined as NOT part of the United States.  And he was born there.  Does that sound like natural born US-Citizen?  Born in a territory specifically designated by the government as NOT part of the US.

Now you turn around with your retarded idiocy and tell me that because his white American parents had him, he is a natural born citizen.

McCain is not an issue because he is not president and he will never be president. @lostrib - The purpose is to explain why the legitimacy of Obama's presidency is debatable and to clarify that it has nothing to do with racism.
GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#315 GreySeal9

[QUOTE="NEWMAHAY"]

The book was 900 pages and covered so many topics within it. You claim that a few sentences for the hundreds in pages are your justification?

Laihendi

I doubt Washington agreed with everything in the bible, but it would be foolish to believe that he didn't agree with anything considering he made the effort to go to church and read the bible, just as he made the effort to read de Vattel's Law of Nations during his first day as president. It would be foolish to assume he didn't agree with anything in that book. We can reasonably assume that he agreed with some ideas in the books, and since one of the ideas is a definition for natural-born citizenship that Obama does not match, that is why the legitimacy of his presidency is debatable.

That logic is dumb.

You need to provide evidence that the founding fathers intended for Vattel's idea to inform our laws/constitution. If you cannot, then you have no argument, and this issue being debatable neccesitates that you have a sound argument.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#316 lostrib

[QUOTE="Squeets"]

[QUOTE="Laihendi"]

Laihendi

McCain is not an issue because he is not president and he will never be president. @lostrib - The purpose is to explain why the legitimacy of Obama's presidency is debatable and to clarify that it has nothing to do with racism.

Okay, but what is the use of debating his legitimacy, which has already been settled by the courts of course

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#317 Ace6301
[QUOTE="NEWMAHAY"]

Laihendi

George Washington believes stoning women who were raped who refuse to marry their rapist is the right thing to do. We know he read the bible. If he read it then he must agree with some parts of it. As he agrees with some parts of it we know George Washington supported the systematic murder of victims of rape. This is why your argument is retarded.
Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#318 Laihendi

[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="Squeets"]

lostrib

Okay, but what is the use of debating his legitimacy, which has already been settled by the courts of course

The courts can be wrong and often are. A man's judgement is not infallible just because he is a judge. Also it is possible that his rulings are politically motivated.
NEWMAHAY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#319 NEWMAHAY

[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="NEWMAHAY"]

Ace6301

George Washington believes stoning women who were raped who refuse to marry their rapist is the right thing to do. We know he read the bible. If he read it then he must agree with some parts of it. As he agrees with some parts of it we know George Washington supported the systematic murder of victims of rape. This is why your argument is retarded.

Its it by far one of the worst arguments I have seen him use. Apparently, he also ignores the other contributors to the constitution as well.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#320 lostrib

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="Laihendi"] McCain is not an issue because he is not president and he will never be president. @lostrib - The purpose is to explain why the legitimacy of Obama's presidency is debatable and to clarify that it has nothing to do with racism.Laihendi

The courts can be wrong and often are. A man's judgement is not infallible just because he is a judge. Also it is possible that his rulings are politically motivated.

Okay, still what is the point of debating the legitimacy

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#321 Laihendi

[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="NEWMAHAY"]

Ace6301

You are just making stuff up. I never said that Washington agreed with de Vattel's definition of natural-born citizen, I am just saying that we have to consider the possibility that he did.

NEWMAHAY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#322 NEWMAHAY

[QUOTE="Ace6301"][QUOTE="Laihendi"] I doubt Washington agreed with everything in the bible, but it would be foolish to believe that he didn't agree with anything considering he made the effort to go to church and read the bible, just as he made the effort to read de Vattel's Law of Nations during his first day as president. It would be foolish to assume he didn't agree with anything in that book. We can reasonably assume that he agreed with some ideas in the books, and since one of the ideas is a definition for natural-born citizenship that Obama does not match, that is why the legitimacy of his presidency is debatable.Laihendi

You are just making stuff up. I never said that Washington agreed with de Vattel's definition of natural-born citizen, I am just saying that we have to consider the possibility that he did.

How many people contributed to the constitution?
Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#323 Laihendi

That logic is dumb.

You need to provide evidence that the founding fathers intended for Vattel's idea to inform our laws/constitution. If you cannot, then you have no argument, and this issue being debatable neccesitates that you have a sound argument.

GreySeal9

If there is no evidence that he explicitly disagreed with de Vattel, and we also know that he took de Vattel's ideas seriously enough to read Law of Nations during his first day as president then it is reasonable to consider the possibility that he agreed with de Vattel on this.

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#324 Ace6301

[QUOTE="Ace6301"][QUOTE="Laihendi"] I doubt Washington agreed with everything in the bible, but it would be foolish to believe that he didn't agree with anything considering he made the effort to go to church and read the bible, just as he made the effort to read de Vattel's Law of Nations during his first day as president. It would be foolish to assume he didn't agree with anything in that book. We can reasonably assume that he agreed with some ideas in the books, and since one of the ideas is a definition for natural-born citizenship that Obama does not match, that is why the legitimacy of his presidency is debatable.Laihendi

Guess we have to consider the possibility he felt stoning rape victims to death was acceptable as well.
GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#325 GreySeal9

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]That logic is dumb.

Laihendi

If there is no evidence that he explicitly disagreed with de Vattel, and we also know that he took de Vattel's ideas seriously enough to read Law of Nations during his first day as president then it is reasonable to consider the possibility that he agreed with de Vattel on this.

Lots of things are possible. "Possible" does not an argument make.

NEWMAHAY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#326 NEWMAHAY
[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

[QUOTE="Laihendi"] I doubt Washington agreed with everything in the bible, but it would be foolish to believe that he didn't agree with anything considering he made the effort to go to church and read the bible, just as he made the effort to read de Vattel's Law of Nations during his first day as president. It would be foolish to assume he didn't agree with anything in that book. We can reasonably assume that he agreed with some ideas in the books, and since one of the ideas is a definition for natural-born citizenship that Obama does not match, that is why the legitimacy of his presidency is debatable.Laihendi

That logic is dumb.

900 page book and you are still harping on that one point. Once again, how many people contributed to the constitution other than george washington.
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#327 lostrib

Laihendi

Him reading it doesnt prove anything. Perhaps he didnt agree with any of it, who knows if he even finished it

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#328 Laihendi
[QUOTE="Laihendi"]

[QUOTE="Ace6301"] George Washington believes stoning women who were raped who refuse to marry their rapist is the right thing to do. We know he read the bible. If he read it then he must agree with some parts of it. As he agrees with some parts of it we know George Washington supported the systematic murder of victims of rape. This is why your argument is retarded. Ace6301

Guess we have to consider the possibility he felt stoning rape victims to death was acceptable as well.

That is absurd. There is nothing in the constitution about stoning rape victims. However the constitution explicitly states that a president must be a natural born citizen, and that is why we have to investigate the founders' influences to understand what they meant by natural-born citizen.
Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#329 Ace6301

[QUOTE="Laihendi"]

GreySeal9

Lots of things are possible. "Possible" does not an argument make.

It's possible Lai is actually the spawn of Yog-Sothoth living in the attic of his family farm. I would put more stock in this theory than anything he's said in this topic though.
Squeets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#330 Squeets
Member since 2006 • 8185 Posts

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="Laihendi"] McCain is not an issue because he is not president and he will never be president. @lostrib - The purpose is to explain why the legitimacy of Obama's presidency is debatable and to clarify that it has nothing to do with racism.Laihendi

What is it that your retarded self is looking for here?  What is it that your sub-human brain has trouble comprehending?

He was both born to an American citizen (Ann Dunham) and born in a state of the United States of America?

WHAT ABOUT THIS CAUSES YOUR FEEBLE LITTLE MIND TO NOT COMPREHEND THAT HE IS A NATURAL BORN US CITIZEN?

I mean honestly, my not-friend, your lack of intelligence is quite literally baffling.

NEWMAHAY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#331 NEWMAHAY

How many people were involved in making the constitution? Please tell me.

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#332 Ace6301
[QUOTE="Ace6301"][QUOTE="Laihendi"]You are just making stuff up. I never said that Washington agreed with de Vattel's definition of natural-born citizen, I am just saying that we have to consider the possibility that he did.Laihendi

That is absurd. There is nothing in the constitution about stoning rape victims. However the constitution explicitly states that a president must be a natural born citizen, and that is why we have to investigate the founders' influences to understand what they meant by natural-born citizen.

But we don't know if he proposed it or not and he was overruled by everyone else. We have to assume it's a possibility though because terrible logic and idiocy.
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#333 lostrib

Once again, what help is it debating the legitimacy of obama's presidency?

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#334 PannicAtack

Did a bit of research and found this: Lynch vs Clarke, 1844.

Suppose a person should be elected president who was native born, but of alien parents; could there be any reasonable doubt that he was eligible under the Constitution? I think not. The position would be decisive in his favor, that by the rule of the common law, in force when the Constitution was adopted, he is a citizen.

Avatar image for deactivated-59f03d6ce656b
deactivated-59f03d6ce656b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#335 deactivated-59f03d6ce656b
Member since 2009 • 2944 Posts

[QUOTE="Ace6301"][QUOTE="Laihendi"]You are just making stuff up. I never said that Washington agreed with de Vattel's definition of natural-born citizen, I am just saying that we have to consider the possibility that he did.Laihendi

Now was Hawaii a U.S state on August 4, 1961 at 7:24pm? Yes...

esq-barack-obama-birth-certificates-0427

Stop being an idiot

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#336 lostrib

I like how somehow you think you know better than the Supreme Court, who are literally experts on the Constitution

NEWMAHAY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#337 NEWMAHAY

Suppose a person should be elected president who was native born, but of alien parents; could there be any reasonable doubt that he was eligible under the Constitution? I think not. The position would be decisive in his favor, that by the rule of the common law, in force when the Constitution was adopted, he is a citizen.PannicAtack

Clearly, they were apart of the conspiracy theory to get Obama elected
Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#338 Rhazakna
Member since 2004 • 11022 Posts
This thread is full of stupid arguments. Why would anyone want to criticize Obama for his birth? Even if it's true there's so many worse things to get on him about. Obama not being a citizen would actually make me like him more, not less. If that were the case, that would mean he pulled the wool over the eyes of entire Republican party and the Clinton machine. That would be one impressive feat, worth a hat doffing any day.
Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#339 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

how is lai so stupid?

Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#340 Shottayouth13-
Member since 2009 • 7018 Posts

dad

Stay in school TC.

lo_Pine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#341 lo_Pine
Member since 2012 • 4978 Posts
No, it is patriotic. The founders of our country never intended for property-less born children to be President of the US. Especially those with the skin of those who are slaves. Obama should be returned to his owners.
NEWMAHAY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#342 NEWMAHAY

Suppose a person should be elected president who was native born, but of alien parents; could there be any reasonable doubt that he was eligible under the Constitution? I think not. The position would be decisive in his favor, that by the rule of the common law, in force when the Constitution was adopted, he is a citizen.PannicAtack

And

Upon principle, therefore, I can entertain no doubt, but that by the law of the United States, every person born within the dominions and allegiance of the United States, whatever the situation of his parents, is a natural born citizen. It is surprising that there has been no judicial decision upon this question.

But the TC will just attack the constitution and the power of the judicial branch based on a baseless accusation.

MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#343 MathMattS
Member since 2009 • 4012 Posts

Though some people would have you believe otherwise, it is not racist to question Obama at all (good thing, because there's plenty to question).

stiggy321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#344 stiggy321
Member since 2009 • 609 Posts
Actual arguments and cases being brought forth question whether or not someone can be eligible to be president if one of their parents is not a US citizens. This has happened before. It's about the law of nations and the difference between natural born citizen and citizen. There is no standing, as the law of nations was never and will never be the law of The United States. Even if it were, the direct translation is not natural born citizen. I would bet many of those who question his citizenship are doing so because he is half black.
Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#345 Nibroc420
Member since 2007 • 13571 Posts

Though some people would have you believe otherwise, it is not racist to question Obama at all (good thing, because there's plenty to question).

MathMattS
The people who would have you believe it is not racist, Are the same people who have prejudice, and want permission to hate on the black man.
Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#346 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19570 Posts

Though some people would have you believe otherwise, it is not racist to question Obama at all (good thing, because there's plenty to question).MathMattS

Questioning is fine, within reason. It's one of the cornerstones of good governance, and all that.

Even so...this particular issue was resolved a while ago (was it not?), and it only seems to be wasting everyone's time. Perhaps the nation would be better off if people start discussing his policies once again, rather than attempting to refute the evidence in his birth certificate?

Also, I wouldn't call it inherently racist to question anything about Obama's presidency, but it should be absolutely clear that at least some of these complaints are actuated by racism.

For that matter...I'm betting that none of the 'Constitutional purists' here would be bringing up the natural born citizen complaint, had Obama been on their side of the political spectrum. People only seem to care about such things when it benefits themselves.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#347 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts
Wasn't he born in Hawaii? That makes him an American citizen...doesn't matter where his father was born. LJS9502_basic
This. Why is this thread 350 posts? Good Lord, people.
PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#348 PannicAtack

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Wasn't he born in Hawaii? That makes him an American citizen...doesn't matter where his father was born. gamerguru100
This. Why is this thread 350 posts? Good Lord, people.

Because the TC doesn't understand how the law works.

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#349 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
Personally I don't care where he was born, as long as he does the right thing.
TehFuneral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#350 TehFuneral
Member since 2007 • 8237 Posts

I demand Obama show his real birth certificate!!

[spoiler] Its a joke [/spoiler]