issues of getting an electronic item from us to elsewhere?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by completeking (7 posts) -

hello i am a freelance webmaster, now i cannot find a psp 3004 model in my city so i was thinking that instead of the money i can ask for my international clients a psp handheld, can anyone tell me what could be issues by using a psp from there to here (india)? the only confusion i have is regarding the voltage, the high voltage here might fry the item.

#2 Posted by completeking (7 posts) -

what i mean is that if i get a psp or other console from there, will it get burnt here?

#3 Edited by GamingTitan (489 posts) -

of course it will. you just need to make sure you have a plug adapter which you can buy a the store. It will plug into your wall socket and convert the socket to an american style one. Simple as that~

#4 Posted by thegerg (14203 posts) -

of course it will. you just need to make sure you have a plug adapter which you can buy a the store. It will plug into your wall socket and convert the socket to an american style one. Simple as that~

" you just need to make sure you have a plug adapter "

No, stop trying to screw the guy.

You need more than just a plug adapter. You'll need a voltage converter as well. You don't want to pump 220v or more into a device designed to use standard US residential current.

#5 Posted by GTR12 (8861 posts) -

@thegerg said:

@GamingTitan said:

" you just need to make sure you have a plug adapter "

No, stop trying to screw the guy.

You need more than just a plug adapter. You'll need a voltage converter as well. You don't want to pump 220v or more into a device designed to use standard US residential current.

No you don't any old adapter will work, the PSP has a voltage regulator inside it.