Israel steals more lands from Palestine

• 74 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#1 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Link

It doesn't seem that Israel is content bombing the crap out of Palestine, but they have to take more lands aswell. Let's hope Hamas come to their senses and don't try to bomb them.

(Reuters) - Israel announced on Sunday a land appropriation in the occupied West Bank that an anti-settlement group termed the biggest in 30 years, drawing Palestinian condemnation and a U.S. rebuke.

Some 400 hectares (988 acres) in the Etzion Jewish settlement bloc near Bethlehem were declared "state land, on the instructions of the political echelon" by the military-run Civil Administration.

"We urge the government of Israel to reverse this decision,” a State Department official said in Washington, calling the move "counterproductive" to efforts to achieve a two-state solution between Israel and the Palestinians.

Xeno_ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Xeno_ghost
Member since 2014 • 990 Posts

@The_Last_Ride: Isreal just want to provoke Hamas so that they have the excuse to bomb the crap out of the palestinian's again.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

lol

byof_america

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 byof_america
Member since 2006 • 1952 Posts

"...anyone with ownership claims had 45 days to appeal." - This reminds me of the part in Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy where the Vogon come to destroy Earth to make room for an intergalactic highway. When people start complaining about the earth being destroyed, the Vogons tell them they had an opportunity to make their complaints known at such and such place at such and such time, but now it's too late.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts
@byof_america said:

"...anyone with ownership claims had 45 days to appeal." - This reminds me of the part in Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy where the Vogon come to destroy Earth to make room for an intergalactic highway. When people start complaining about the earth being destroyed, the Vogons tell them they had an opportunity to make their complaints known at such and such place at such and such time, but now it's too late.

"There’s no point in acting surprised about it. All the planning charts and demolition orders have been on display at your local planning department in Alpha Centauri for 50 of your Earth years, so you’ve had plenty of time to lodge any formal complaint and it’s far too late to start making a fuss about it now. … What do you mean you’ve never been to Alpha Centauri? Oh, for heaven’s sake, mankind, it’s only four light years away, you know. I’m sorry, but if you can’t be bothered to take an interest in local affairs, that’s your own lookout. Energize the demolition beams.”

Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Shottayouth13-
Member since 2009 • 7018 Posts

Ok Israel, you're pushing things now.

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts

good ...... no2hamas no2isis

PurpleLabel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 PurpleLabel
Member since 2014 • 314 Posts

lol @The_Last_Ride thread.

DaJuicyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DaJuicyMan
Member since 2010 • 3557 Posts

If the U.S. gave a shit about creating peace in the Middle East, they'd do more than "rebuke" Israeli decision makers for wrongdoings like this.

GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GrayF0X786
Member since 2012 • 4185 Posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFr4C2BPLeM

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

@xeno_ghost said:

@The_Last_Ride: Isreal just want to provoke Hamas so that they have the excuse to bomb the crap out of the palestinian's again.

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts

@themajormayor said:

lol

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178807 Posts

I don't care.....

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

Pushing things, isreal

Stesilaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 Stesilaus
Member since 2007 • 4999 Posts

What became of GazaAli? Does he still post in OT? A topic such as this one cannot be complete without his contribution.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Does anybody have any information on the reasoning behind Israel's settling of Palestinian land? Particularly what their long-term strategy is? By information I am referring to things from reputable sources(The New York Times, Washington Post, etc), not shit you pull off of a Youtube video.

Maybe this question is better directed @-Sun_Tzu-.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

@Stesilaus said:

What became of GazaAli? Does he still post in OT? A topic such as this one cannot be complete without his contribution.

Hes absent for a very long time for all these shit, but hes safe. Probably internet down in his area.

Stesilaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Stesilaus
Member since 2007 • 4999 Posts

@airshocker said:

Does anybody have any information on the reasoning behind Israel's settling of Palestinian land? Particularly what their long-term strategy is? By information I am referring to things from reputable sources(The New York Times, Washington Post, etc), not shit you pull off of a Youtube video.

The reasoning is very simple: If the crime can be committed with impunity, then why not commit it? Washington's meaningless, token rebuke won't be accompanied by so much as a reduction in the value of the handouts given to Israel, let alone by any sort of penalty.

"... reputable sources(The New York Times, Washington Post, etc) ..."

C'mon man. Be serious. :-D

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

@Stesilaus said:

@airshocker said:

The reasoning is very simple: If the crime can be committed with impunity, then why not commit it? Washington's meaningless, token rebuke won't be accompanied by so much as a reduction in the value of the handouts given to Israel, let alone by any sort of penalty.

"... reputable sources(The New York Times, Washington Post, etc) ..."

C'mon man. Be serious. :-D

No, sorry, that doesn't make any sense. Nobody does something without a reason. Whether it be people, or states, there are always motivations.

The New York Times and Washington Post are extremely reputable. There is a reason those two sources are sometimes used by scholars. But that's not the point. If you can't answer my question, that's fine, but lets keep this on-track.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#21  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44503 Posts

But, they're Jewish, and the Palestinians are Muslim, which makes them all terrorists. You can't be critical of them or that makes you an anti-Semite, and Hitler was an anti-Semite, you wanna be like Hitler? You can't be sympathetic to Palestinians or that means you hate Israel and by that extension America. Plus, we got a presidential election here in the US coming up. Nobody is going to say anything they'll regret, it's just the same old Jewish vote garnering platitudes like "Israel is our greatest alley in the region and we're behind them 110%".

Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

I really hope GS isn't representative of the general population; always trying to make the good guy out to be bad.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 alim298
Member since 2012 • 2747 Posts

As far as I know the new Israeli president supports the one state solution. He's been doing some admirable things too but he won't prevail because he won't be able to stop Arabs and Israelis from hating each other. I honestly don't know how much power an Israeli president has but it seems ceremonial compared to that of a prime minister and this one state solution although religiously more appropriate in my opinion, can have catastrophic consequences for Arabs and Israelis alike.

Avatar image for TheWalkingGhost
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24 TheWalkingGhost
Member since 2012 • 6092 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

I don't care.....

This.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 The_Last_Ride

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

I really hope GS isn't representative of the general population; always trying to make the good guy out to be bad.

So Israel is the good guy? LOL

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 BSC14
Member since 2002 • 4187 Posts

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

It represents the extreme left side of the population.

You will see so many Israel bashing topics and these guys really believe that Hamas are nothing but a bunch of mistreated children. These guys only see one direction....you will notice no matter what Hamas does "the last ride" won't call them out. Of course it's because Israel just loves to kill innocent people....

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 BSC14

@xeno_ghost said:

Not sure if that was a joke or not...hard to tell around here.

If it wasn't, I feel sorry for you.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@lamprey263 said:

But, they're Jewish, and the Palestinians are Muslim, which makes them all terrorists. You can't be critical of them or that makes you an anti-Semite, and Hitler was an anti-Semite, you wanna be like Hitler? You can't be sympathetic to Palestinians or that means you hate Israel and by that extension America. Plus, we got a presidential election here in the US coming up. Nobody is going to say anything they'll regret, it's just the same old Jewish vote garnering platitudes like "Israel is our greatest alley in the region and we're behind them 110%".

I can't understand why Israel is such a great ally when they do nothing, but do things that fit their own agenda. They never do anything to please US, but to buy your weapons

Xeno_ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Xeno_ghost

@BSC14: what's your problem?

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 BSC14

@xeno_ghost said:

@BSC14: what's your problem?

No problem, just the idea that Israel is looking for an excuse to bomb people is a bit ridiculous.

Xeno_ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Xeno_ghost

@BSC14: why are they doing it then my friend?

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 BSC14

@xeno_ghost said:

@BSC14: why are they doing it then my friend?

How would anyone here know the answer to that? No one here is privileged to that information but the idea that they just sit around thinking of ways to instigate so they can kill people is a bit over the top imo.

Xeno_ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Xeno_ghost

@BSC1: well I wonder what it would take for Isreal to achieve a one state solution..... Hmmm.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 BSC14

@xeno_ghost:

I don't think there is a solution. I think the hate runs too deep in that area. It's a mess....

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 alim298
Member since 2012 • 2747 Posts

@BSC14 said:

How would anyone here know the answer to that? No one here is privileged to that information but the idea that they just sit around thinking of ways to instigate so they can kill people is a bit over the top imo.

Good point. So maybe next time don't go around insulting people's opinions because it's not yours. And by the way there are a few Jews (just a few) who think that the whole Palestinian population should be wiped off from the holy lands. Just wanted to let you know.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 BSC14

@alim298 said:

@BSC14 said:

Good point. So maybe next time don't go around insulting people's opinions because it's not yours. And by the way there are a few Jews (just a few) who think that the whole Palestinian population should be wiped off from the holy lands. Just wanted to let you know.

I will criticize anyone's opinion if they are trying to demonize and accuse people of something they don't have any proof of. Some act like Israel is just this massive group of evil people sitting around trying to find ways to kill innocent people. It's also funny to see so much hate from the people here towards Israel but act as if Hamas are a bunch of innocent angels who are just being picked on. It's just stupid....

Avatar image for CreasianDevaili
CreasianDevaili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By CreasianDevaili
Member since 2005 • 4429 Posts

@BSC14 said:

@alim298 said:

@BSC14 said:

I will criticize anyone's opinion if they are trying to demonize and accuse people of something they don't have any proof of. Some act like Israel is just this massive group of evil people sitting around trying to find ways to kill innocent people. It's also funny to see so much hate from the people here towards Israel but act as if Hamas are a bunch of innocent angels who are just being picked on. It's just stupid....

There is proof that it's to instigate. The act itself. This isn't something new ideal or tactic wise. That isn't to say that when given a choice many would choose Israel but it is to say that Israel got down and dirty and continues to do so.

Just because one entity does something less horrible than another does not give it a free pass.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 BSC14

@CreasianDevaili said:

@BSC14 said:

@alim298 said:

@BSC14 said:

There is proof that it's to instigate. The act itself. This isn't something new ideal or tactic wise. That isn't to say that when given a choice many would choose Israel but it is to say that Israel got down and dirty and continues to do so.

Just because one entity does something less horrible than another does not give it a free pass.

No, you don't know why they are doing it, you're just assuming.

And you can't criticize one and not the other. Both sides are guilty of a lot of different things but this board leans so far left that it's blinded.

CreasianDevaili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By CreasianDevaili

@BSC14 said:

@CreasianDevaili said:

@BSC14 said:

No, you don't know why they are doing it, you're just assuming.

And you can't criticize one and not the other. Both sides are guilty of a lot of different things but this board leans so far left that it's blinded.

Nothing is assumed. It is called history. Go call Uri Ariel.

Oh no dude. This isn't grade school. I don't need to hold the entire class back to state that what one kid did was bad. Israel is a big enough boy now that they can stand alone and take responses to their actions.

But to make you happy.

HAMAS= Here is why we are dicks! =Israel

HAMAS= We are dicks! =Israel

HAMAS= We are! =Israel

Hope you can understand the concept.

CreasianDevaili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 CreasianDevaili

@BSC14 said:

@CreasianDevaili:

I'm not 100% sure I understand what this mean:

"HAMAS= Here is why we are dicks! =Israel

HAMAS= We are dicks! =Israel

HAMAS= We are! =Israel"

So are you, with that interesting explanation, saying that Hamas are "dicks" only because Israel is so terrible? So Israel are the only ones to blame in this mess?

"HAMAS= Here is why we are dicks! =Israel *The excuse

HAMAS= We are dicks! =Israel *The routine

HAMAS= We are! =Israel" *The destination

Both sides man. Stop thinking that it is impossible for both to be wrong. Part of growing up is finding out that someone else doing something bad does not mean as long as you don't do something as bad that it's remotely okay.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

Can't say I'm surprised.

They've already done the demolition and eviction work.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 BSC14

@CreasianDevaili:

What are you taking about? I said "Both sides are guilty of a lot of different things".

I agree with you 100%. I think both are to blame for the whole situation, I'm in no way saying that what Israel is doing is ok. What I am saying is that you really don't know why they did this. I'm also saying that demonizing Israel constantly on this board time and time again is a bunch of biased bs when there are two guilty parts here.

People who pick a side and point the finger and ignore the other side of things (like The_last_Ride) are just blinded.

And I'm not going to respond to that "part of growing up" comment.

CreasianDevaili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By CreasianDevaili

@BSC14 said:

@CreasianDevaili:

What are you taking about? I said "Both sides are guilty of a lot of different things".

I agree with you 100%. I think both are to blame for the whole situation, I'm in no way saying that what Israel is doing is ok. What I am saying is that you really don't know why they did this. I'm also saying that demonizing Israel constantly on this board time and time again is a bunch of biased bs when there are two guilty parts here.

People who pick a side and point the finger and ignore the other side of things (like The_last_Ride) are just blinded.

And I'm not going to respond to that "part of growing up" comment.

I didn't say you needed to grow up. I said Israel is old enough to not need anyone to try and defend them like some have, and you have to admit, you even did. And they have plainly stated that such tactics as housing increases in these areas are retaliatory. Again. This isn't up for debate. Israel itself has stated why they do these things.

What I am saying is that perception is worth more than gold just about anywhere in the world even if it is laid with deception as a partner most times. The world KNOWS Hamas is bad news. But Israel is becoming bad news. That is why people talk more about the bad things that Israel is doing.

Plainly put Israel isn't a child and you don't need to try and excuse the things that they do when someone is critical of it by saying "Hey, look over there too damnit!".

Yeah. We know. We expect it from there. We don't from Israel. That's why we talk about it.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 BSC14

@CreasianDevaili:

I don't think the people I'm talking about think the way you're saying.

I agree and understand with some of what you're saying.

redstorm72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 redstorm72
Member since 2008 • 4646 Posts

Meh. Palestine has been dead and buried a long time at this point, the moaning and crying about it now is just the body jerking a bit as gas escapes the corpse. Seriously, Palestine will never be independent as long as Israel around, and Israel will be around a long time unless some Islamic country has a death wish and is willing to be nuked to stop them. Countries change borders all the time, it's time to move on.

DaJuicyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 DaJuicyMan
Member since 2010 • 3557 Posts

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

@TheWalkingGhost said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

I don't care.....

This.

You guys seemed to be very opinionated and critical of Palestine before, but now seem indifferent to the whole conflict. Why the change? Are you just waiting for Palestine to react before you care again?

Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

@DaJuicyMan said:

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

@TheWalkingGhost said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

I don't care.....

This.

You guys seemed to be very opinionated and critical of Palestine before, but now seem indifferent to the whole conflict. Why the change? Are you just waiting for Palestine to react before you care again?

I dont even...

Avatar image for TheWalkingGhost
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#49 TheWalkingGhost
Member since 2012 • 6092 Posts

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

@DaJuicyMan said:

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

@TheWalkingGhost said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

I don't care.....

This.

I dont even...

Don't feed him. Some of us are sick of this as a whole.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 The_Last_Ride

@redstorm72 said:

Meh. Palestine has been dead and buried a long time at this point, the moaning and crying about it now is just the body jerking a bit as gas escapes the corpse. Seriously, Palestine will never be independent as long as Israel around, and Israel will be around a long time unless some Islamic country has a death wish and is willing to be nuked to stop them. Countries change borders all the time, it's time to move on.

Why Isreal has nukes is just frightening, seing how they treat their neighbours