Israel launches ground invasion of Gaza...again

#1 Edited by GrayF0X786 (3849 posts) -
#2 Posted by alim298 (1197 posts) -

May those who caused this burn in hell. Alongside anyone who says Israel has the right to kill 270 people in defense. This isn't even the militia death toll you damned people. These are all civilians for God's sake...

#3 Edited by indzman (17217 posts) -

I hope gaza ali stays safe.

#4 Posted by bezza2011 (2372 posts) -

another war where Religion is center of a attention.

#5 Posted by airshocker (28981 posts) -

another genocide in Palestine underway...

This isn't genocide. And using hyperbole like that only makes matters worse.

#6 Posted by airshocker (28981 posts) -
@alim298 said:

May those who caused this burn in hell. Alongside anyone who says Israel has the right to kill 270 people in defense. This isn't even the militia death toll you damned people. These are all civilians for God's sake...

What the fuck did you think was going to happen? If the bear keeps getting poked eventually he's going to get pissed off and lash out.

#7 Posted by geniobastardo (1294 posts) -

@alim298 said:

What the fuck did you think was going to happen? If the bear keeps getting poked eventually he's going to get pissed off and lash out.

now humans are bears......wow your logic always surprises me.

#8 Posted by airshocker (28981 posts) -

@airshocker said:
@alim298 said:

It's an analogy, you moron. If you kept repeatedly getting kicked you would attempt to stop the attacker.

#9 Edited by pie-junior (2821 posts) -

@alim298 said:

That is the entire palestinian death toll. some of them are civilians and some are militants.

It's unknown what the ratio is exactly

#10 Posted by pie-junior (2821 posts) -

also ,lol,

Israel has a right to kill more than 270 people in self defence

#11 Posted by LJS9502_basic (150280 posts) -

Guess launching those rockets into Israel during a cease fire wasn't such a bright idea....

#12 Posted by sonicare (53448 posts) -

Just tell them to leave GazaAli alone.

#13 Posted by thegerg (14828 posts) -

Guess launching those rockets into Israel during a cease fire wasn't such a bright idea....

Who'da thunk?

#14 Posted by BossPerson (9433 posts) -

also ,lol,

is it really about the amount that they are allowed to kill? It's about who they're killing.

#15 Edited by Jebus213 (8740 posts) -

Lets hope this ends with Israel with complete control of Gaza and no ceasefire.

This should have been done two years ago but nope. Some bs ceasefire instead.

#16 Posted by LJS9502_basic (150280 posts) -

@pie-junior said:

also ,lol,

is it really about the amount that they are allowed to kill? It's about who they're killing.

It's not about that either.....war is not pretty. Never was....never will be. If they care about their people then maybe they will stop shelling into Israel.

#17 Posted by thegerg (14828 posts) -

@alim298 said:

May those who caused this burn in hell. Alongside anyone who says Israel has the right to kill 270 people in defense.

Why shouldn't a state have the right to its own defense?

#19 Posted by pie-junior (2821 posts) -

@pie-junior said:

also ,lol,

Considering the build of the Hamas military wing, the purposeful dissemination of militant infrastructure and 'bases' in civilian areas of residency, and the diplomatic conduct of Hamas in the face of the arab league's ceasefire proposals- It would be easy to claim Israel has an obligation to operate in a way that would also, inevitably, lead to civilian casualties

If the result of all this is a renewed Israeli control of the Gaza strip, which brings an end of these cyclical rounds of violence- it is, also, to the benefit of both Israelis and Gazans.

#20 Edited by BossPerson (9433 posts) -

@BossPerson said:

@pie-junior said:

also ,lol,

Considering the build of the Hamas military wing, the purposeful dissemination of militant infrastructure and 'bases' in civilian areas of residency, and the diplomatic conduct of Hamas in the face of the arab league's ceasefire proposals- It would be easy to claim Israel has an obligation to operate in a way that would also, inevitably, lead to civilian casualties

If the result of all this is a renewed Israeli control of the Gaza strip, which brings an end of these cyclical rounds of violence- it is, also, to the benefit of both Israelis and Gazans.

you can't think that Israel would overtake Gaza without tens of thousands dead at least

#21 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

I could see caring about the "innocent" citizens if they were actually innocent. But let's face it, most of those "innocent" citizens are hamas sympathizers that would rather help Hamas than to help Israel remove Hamas to make it a safer area. So I don't really feel too much sympathy for those Innocent citizens. The true innocent citizens are the ones actually leaving.

#23 Edited by LJS9502_basic (150280 posts) -

That's not what he said......

#24 Posted by BossPerson (9433 posts) -

inb4 ban

#25 Posted by geniobastardo (1294 posts) -

@geniobastardo said:

@airshocker said:
@alim298 said:

It's an analogy, you moron. If you kept repeatedly getting kicked you would attempt to stop the attacker.

my point is what do you mean by a bear??

Let me give you some facts here. More than 500 civilians have died in drone attacks since drone attacks started in Pakistan. Now by your analogy, there should be another 9/11 right?? like you keep poking the goddamn bear, it tends to f**k you huh??
What Israel is doing, is not an 'attempt' to stop the attackers neither it's self-defence, it's just outright violation of Human Rights.

#26 Posted by HuggyBear1020 (456 posts) -

They've already been at war for over 2000 years. I'm sure it's bound to end soon

#27 Edited by LJS9502_basic (150280 posts) -

@airshocker said:

@geniobastardo said:

@airshocker said:
@alim298 said:

Let me give you some facts here. More than 500 civilians have died in drone attacks since drone attacks started in Pakistan. Now by your analogy, there should be another 9/11 right?? like you keep poking the goddamn bear, it tends to f**k you huh??

What Israel is doing, is not an 'attempt' to stop the attackers neither it's self-defence, it's just outright violation of Human Rights.

And rockets sent into Israel are love letters amirite?

#28 Posted by BossPerson (9433 posts) -

They've already been at war for over 2000 years. I'm sure it's bound to end soon

that's some convenient misinformation and propaganda

#29 Posted by HuggyBear1020 (456 posts) -

@huggybear1020 said:

A joke is "propaganda"? Okay man.

#30 Posted by geniobastardo (1294 posts) -

@geniobastardo said:

@airshocker said:

@geniobastardo said:

@airshocker said:
@alim298 said:

those drones weren't love letters as well. How many deaths did those rockets caused?? now tell me how many deaths Israelis have caused??

#31 Posted by BossPerson (9433 posts) -

@BossPerson said:

@huggybear1020 said:

they've already been at war 2000 years, there's nothing we can do, its an ancient conflict, leave it alone

guess who wins from the maintenance of the status quo?

#32 Posted by thegerg (14828 posts) -

@BossPerson said:

@huggybear1020 said:

Jokes are generally funny, though.

#33 Posted by LJS9502_basic (150280 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@geniobastardo said:

those drones weren't love letters as well. How many deaths did those rockets caused?? now tell me how many deaths Israelis have caused??

First off this thread is about Israel and Gaza. Stick to the subject. If you want to discuss something else create a thread. Second if you are an aggressor then what happens is your fault. Just because Israel is better at using equipment does not the other side is working with the legal concept of clean hands. They are not. If someone was firing into your property I'm pretty sure you would do what you could to defend yourself/family. So don't give me that BS that because the casualties are not mounting that's it's okay to keep trying until they are.

If Israel is attacked and they retaliate....I put the blame on the attacker. Tell me why did we not hear an outcry from you when Israel was getting shelled during the ceasefire? Which they did NOT retaliate during that time? Sorry but people and countries are responsible for their actions. And an act of violence/aggression/war gets no sympathy from me when they suffer for it.

#34 Edited by Darkman2007 (17929 posts) -

@pie-junior said:

@BossPerson said:

@pie-junior said:

also ,lol,

you can't think that Israel would overtake Gaza without tens of thousands dead at least

I personally do not expect Gaza to be taken over, its not a matter of couldn't happen (it can happen, but Gaza would get turned into a football field in the process, same as Beirut in 82), but its a pain. besides the civilian casualties, there are big challenges to fighting in an urban setting, where the advantages of tanks and armored vehicles isn't as great. After which you get a bunch of issues of who actually runs the place.

I expect there to be something similar to cast lead, an operation reaching the outskirts of Gaza city, but no more than that. Of course I could be wrong, who knows what conclusion Netanyahu and Ayalon in particular came to during government meetings. Seriously Hamas should have accepted that Egyptian ceasefire , though I hear there is a generational split and ideological battles inside the organization itself

#35 Posted by geniobastardo (1294 posts) -

@geniobastardo said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@geniobastardo said:

First off this thread is about Israel and Gaza. Stick to the subject. If you want to discuss something else create a thread. Second if you are an aggressor then what happens is your fault. Just because Israel is better at using equipment does not the other side is working with the legal concept of clean hands. They are not. If someone was firing into your property I'm pretty sure you would do what you could to defend yourself/family. So don't give me that BS that because the casualties are not mounting that's it's okay to keep trying until they are.

If Israel is attacked and they retaliate....I put the blame on the attacker. Tell me why did we not hear an outcry from you when Israel was getting shelled during the ceasefire? Which they did NOT retaliate during that time? Sorry but people and countries are responsible for their actions. And an act of violence/aggression/war gets no sympathy from me when they suffer for it.

Was it Palestine that shelled Israel during ceasefire or was it Hamas?? I can only see Palestinians die not Hamas's terrorists. Now don't give me that Palestinians have sympathy for Hamas, I can have sympathy for anyone but that doesn't mean that I'm fighting beside them. This land originally belonged to Palestinians, when Israel took over, it was pretty inevitable that whoever takes any step to reclaim those lands for the Palestinians will have Palestinian's sympathies.

#36 Posted by LJS9502_basic (150280 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@geniobastardo said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@geniobastardo said:

Was it Palestine that shelled Israel during ceasefire or was it Hamas?? I can only see Palestinians die not Hamas's terrorists. Now don't give me that Palestinians have sympathy for Hamas, I can have sympathy for anyone but that doesn't mean that I'm fighting beside them. This land originally belonged to Palestinians, when Israel took over, it was pretty inevitable that whoever takes any step to reclaim those lands for the Palestinians will have Palestinian's sympathies.

You do know the Palestinians put HAMAS in power in Palestine...right? If not then we shouldn't be discussing this because ignorance doesn't make for an interesting time.

Anyway......part of the reason for the casualties is also HAMAS' fault due to how they hide in with civilians.

The land has not be Palestinian long enough for a treaty to be worked out at this point if they wanted to do so. Anyway depending on what side one is on.....one can claim ownership of the land. That part of the equation should be over. It is what it is now and the most logical thing to do is work on peace. Getting hung over the past impedes that.

#37 Edited by thegerg (14828 posts) -

@geniobastardo said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@geniobastardo said:

retaliate....I put the blame on the attacker. Tell me why did we not hear an outcry from you when Israel was getting shelled during the ceasefire?

Because Jews.

#38 Posted by geniobastardo (1294 posts) -

@geniobastardo said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@geniobastardo said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@geniobastardo said:

You do know the Palestinians put HAMAS in power in Palestine...right? If not then we shouldn't be discussing this because ignorance doesn't make for an interesting time.

Anyway......part of the reason for the casualties is also HAMAS' fault due to how they hide in with civilians.

The land has not be Palestinian long enough for a treaty to be worked out at this point if they wanted to do so. Anyway depending on what side one is on.....one can claim ownership of the land. That part of the equation should be over. It is what it is now and the most logical thing to do is work on peace. Getting hung over the past impedes that.

I seriously don't want to argue anymore. In the end we're just keyboard warriors but I do hope that Israel stops doing what it is doing right now. It's entirely wrong. If peace is what we are wishing for then this has to stop, a treaty has to be worked out.

#39 Edited by GamingTitan (512 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic:

Yup. When you blatantly ignore a cease fire this is what you get. I have no sympathy for them.

#40 Posted by LJS9502_basic (150280 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

I seriously don't want to argue anymore. In the end we're just keyboard warriors but I do hope that Israel stops doing what it is doing right now. It's entirely wrong. If peace is what we are wishing for then this has to stop, a treaty has to be worked out.

Don't be such a hypocrite. Why no call for Palestine to stop doing what they are doing? Damn double standards.

#41 Posted by themajormayor (25698 posts) -

@geniobastardo said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Don't be such a hypocrite. Why no call for Palestine to stop doing what they are doing? Damn double standards.

Cause if Palestine stopped what they're doing Israel would stop as well and then everyone would have to find something else to whine about..

#42 Posted by BossPerson (9433 posts) -

its dangerous to label any action by fatah, hamas, gaza, as "palestine" doing something. Palestine is not a state or a collection of groups working in concert

#43 Edited by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

I could see caring about the "innocent" citizens if they were actually innocent. But let's face it, most of those "innocent" citizens are hamas sympathizers that would rather help Hamas than to help Israel remove Hamas to make it a safer area. So I don't really feel too much sympathy for those Innocent citizens. The true innocent citizens are the ones actually leaving.

this

fuck all muslims and arabs

That's not what I said at all. You may agree with what I said, but I don't agree with what you said.

#45 Posted by themajormayor (25698 posts) -

its dangerous to label any action by fatah, hamas, gaza, as "palestine" doing something. Palestine is not a state or a collection of groups working in concert

Agreed

#46 Edited by indzman (17217 posts) -

Not a word from gaza ali for past couple of days :(

#47 Posted by BossPerson (9433 posts) -

@indzman said:

he posted yesterday

#49 Posted by indzman (17217 posts) -

@indzman said:

he posted yesterday

Oh, Thank goodness.

#50 Posted by LJS9502_basic (150280 posts) -

@AmazonTreeBoa: I think he's trolling you.

Hamas is a Palestinian Sunni Islamic organization, with an associated military wing, the Izz ad-Din al-Qassam Brigades, in the Palestinian territories.

After reading that I'm not sure I can agree with you....