ISIS Purportedly Beheads 2nd US Journalist, Taunt Obama.

• 123 results
#1 Edited by Master_Live (14249 posts) -

Steven Sotloff: Islamic State 'kills US hostage'

From the article:

An Islamic State video has appeared which purports to show the beheading of Steven Sotloff, a US journalist being held hostage by the militants.

A militant in the video also threatens to kill a hostage said to be British.

The video shows a masked figure together with Mr Sotloff, who is dressed in an orange jumpsuit.

The masked man describes the act he is about to commit as retribution for the US air strikes.

"I'm back, Obama, and I'm back because of your arrogant foreign policy towards the Islamic State... despite our serious warnings," the man says.

"We take this opportunity to warn those governments that enter this evil alliance of America against the Islamic State to back off and leave our people alone."

The video ends with the militant threatening to kill a captive who is claimed to be British.

UK Prime Minister David Cameron described the apparent beheading as an "absolutely disgusting, despicable act".

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The JV team continues their mischief.

#2 Edited by Solaryellow (467 posts) -

Do these reporters not understand the hazards certain areas of the world offer?

There is only one way to deal with a rabid animal.

#3 Posted by wis3boi (31186 posts) -

hope all of isis is slaughtered

#4 Posted by airshocker (29132 posts) -

Fucking savages.

#5 Edited by Aljosa23 (24782 posts) -

@Solaryellow said:

Of course. But they still go there to report to everyone what is going on in dangerous places like Syria and Iraq. They do the world a great service and in my eyes this is the same as a cop dying in the line of duty or a soldier dying on the front lines.

#6 Edited by airshocker (29132 posts) -

@Aljosa23 said:

@Solaryellow said:

Of course. But they still go there to report to everyone what is going on in dangerous places like Syria and Iraq. They do the world a great service and in my eyes this is the same as a cop dying in the line of duty or a soldier dying on the front lines.

I would say it's even worse than a cop or a soldier dying. These reporters are noncombatants. It's like shooting at someone who works for the Red Cross. It's sickening.

#7 Posted by comp_atkins (31284 posts) -

they kill 1, they lose 60+ in air strikes.

not a recipe for long term success.

#8 Edited by tocool340 (20490 posts) -

God damn fucking curiosity! I just had to go watch that shit! Argh!

I feel no sympathy for their asses every time they do barbaric shit like that!.....

#9 Edited by Aljosa23 (24782 posts) -

@Aljosa23 said:

@Solaryellow said:

I would say it's even worse than a cop or a soldier dying. These reporters are noncombatants. It's like shooting at someone who works for the Red Cross. It's sickening.

Yeah good point. Agreed 100%.

#10 Edited by ChronosChris (218 posts) -

It sickening but what's even more sickening is the fact that the rest of the world is doing next to nothing to resolve the issue that is the IS death cult. We easily have the power to band together and wipe this scum off the face of the earth but nope! Let's hand the kurds some weapons and hope it all blows over.. which it wont, at least not any time soon.

#12 Edited by lamprey263 (23300 posts) -

I saw this on the internet, conspiracy theory stuff and I don't know what information I can believe and to what extent but intriguing nonetheless...

#13 Posted by airshocker (29132 posts) -

I would post a comment, but the mods have already threaten to behead my account because of the last thread.

Not because of the last thread. Because you have disgusting views. You belong in the banned pile right along with @SNIPER4321

#14 Posted by ChronosChris (218 posts) -

I would post a comment, but the mods have already threaten to behead my account because of the last thread.

Perhaps if you stopped being a complete dumb ass that wouldn't happen.

#15 Posted by PannicAtack (21021 posts) -

It sickening but what's even more sickening is the fact that the rest of the world is doing next to nothing to resolve the issue that is the IS death cult. We easily have the power to band together and wipe this scum off the face of the earth but nope! Let's hand the kurds some weapons and hope it all blows over.. which it wont, at least not any time soon.

The last ten years have made people generally less than enthusiastic about that.

#16 Posted by Aljosa23 (24782 posts) -

The calls for the West to go to war against groups like this last time was by the Conservatives/Republicans in the US. Now those same people who fucked everyone over the first time are suggesting the same thing - it's perfectly reasonable NOT to listen to them after what happened in the past. The situation should be assessed and each solution should be on the table but talks from the get go to head into ISIS territory with troops is a bad idea.

#17 Edited by JimB (188 posts) -

The West is faced with a situation either we call of them or they re going to kill all of us. The only solution is to raze the ground where they live so a blind person would not trip over them.

#18 Edited by LostProphetFLCL (17174 posts) -

Can we just kill them all already?

#19 Posted by PannicAtack (21021 posts) -

@Aljosa23 said:

@chronoschris said:

The calls for the West to go to war against groups like this last time was by the Conservatives/Republicans in the US. Now those same people who fucked everyone over the first time are suggesting the same thing - it's perfectly reasonable NOT to listen to them after what happened in the past. The situation should be assessed and each solution should be on the table but talks from the get go to head into ISIS territory with troops is a bad idea.

I'm sure if Christopher Hitchens were alive he'd be all for it again, just like how he was warmongering in 2003.

#20 Edited by SUD123456 (4425 posts) -

Unfortunate for the victim. However, I am all for the world finding out how sick these people are and why they need to be exterminated like bugs. When you encounter the truly morally reprehensible whack jobs of the world you need to choose definitive sides, which I am sure is exactly how they see us. I look forward to our side's retribution.

#21 Posted by LJS9502_basic (150475 posts) -

Fucking savages.

Succinct and to the point....

#22 Posted by foxhound_fox (87839 posts) -

About time they call Team America.

#23 Posted by Solaryellow (467 posts) -

@Aljosa23 said:

@Solaryellow said:

A great service? lol

We already know about the injustices occurring in that portion of the world. A police officer or soldier dying is (usually) an example of a service and a much needed one at that. To even compare a reporter with a cop and soldier is highly insulting.

#24 Posted by PannicAtack (21021 posts) -

@Aljosa23 said:

@Solaryellow said:

A great service? lol

We already know about the injustices occurring in that portion of the world.

Thanks to...

#25 Edited by Aljosa23 (24782 posts) -

@Solaryellow said:

@Aljosa23 said:

@Solaryellow said:

A great service? lol

We already know about the injustices occurring in that portion of the world. A police officer or soldier dying is (usually) an example of a service and a much needed one at that. To even compare a reporter with a cop and soldier is highly insulting.

Yeah we know what they do in the Middle East.. because journalists go in there and risk their lives to report them to our cozy homes in North America. Some don't even make that much money. Why is it insulting to compare a reporter to a cop or soldier? Like airshocker said, journalists aren't even combatants they are innocents so they can't even defend themselves.

#26 Edited by PannicAtack (21021 posts) -

@Aljosa23 said:

@Solaryellow said:

@Aljosa23 said:

@Solaryellow said:

A great service? lol

Yeah we know what they do in the Middle East.. because journalists go in there and risk their lives to report them to our cozy homes in North America. Some don't even make that much money. Why is it insulting to compare a reporter to a cop or soldier? Like airshocker said, journalists aren't even combatants they are innocents so they can't even defend themselves.

I agree with you and Airshocker.

#27 Posted by HoolaHoopMan (7750 posts) -

@Aljosa23 said:

@Solaryellow said:

A great service? lol

Why? The vast majority of soldiers never see combat. These reporters are in the thick of it. In many ways I'd consider it MORE brave to be in the heart of a war zone with out any weapons.

This is ignoring that because of people like this that we're aware of whats really happening in these areas.

#28 Edited by PurpleLabel (301 posts) -

@Nengo_Flow said:

Can this guy just get banned already? flagged for being an asshole.

Also, our president needs to stop being a pussy and fuck these people up.

#29 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9561 posts) -

@Nengo_Flow said:

why should i be banned over one post from 2 weeks ago that i already did the time for?

One comment = life time asshole

I havent said anything since so you cant claim that i should be ban

#30 Edited by evildead6789 (7540 posts) -

This bs gotta stop.

#31 Posted by PurpleLabel (301 posts) -

@purplelabel said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

why should i be banned over one post from 2 weeks ago that i already did the time for?

The comment you said about being beheaded for your comments in this thread?

Seriously, you need a ban.

#32 Edited by Nengo_Flow (9561 posts) -

@purplelabel said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@purplelabel said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

nah... if i get ban for that, that would be a real shame. I already cant express my opinions cuz GS mods dont like to respect others views, and now I cant express how the very same mods are after me wanting to eliminate my account?

How long will i be oppressed and discriminate against?

#33 Posted by PurpleLabel (301 posts) -

@purplelabel said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@purplelabel said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

nah... if i get ban for that, that would be a real shame. I already cant express my opinions cuz GS mods dont like to respect others views, and now I cant express how the very same mods are after me wanting to eliminate my account?

You said they would BEHEAD you in a thread about somebody being beheaded. You know EXACTLY what you're doing.

#35 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9561 posts) -

@Nengo_Flow said:

@purplelabel said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@purplelabel said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

You said they would BEHEAD you in a thread about somebody being beheaded. You know EXACTLY what you're doing.

im trying to relate to the topic...

why is this such a big deal to you? Why are you so offended?

Maybe you should relax ad take a break form the internet. There other things im sure you can rustle you jimmies over that will be worth the energy you are wasting on me.

Have you seen the nude pics of Jennifer Lawrence? check them out, maybe they will make you feel better.

#36 Posted by PurpleLabel (301 posts) -

@purplelabel said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@purplelabel said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@purplelabel said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

Maybe you should relax ad take a break form the internet. There other things im sure you can rustle you jimmies over that will be worth the energy you are wasting on me.

Have you seen the nude pics of Jennifer Lawrence? check them out, maybe they will make you feel better.

You're trying to stir the pot is all you're doing. Stop being a piece of shit.

#37 Edited by Nengo_Flow (9561 posts) -

@Nengo_Flow said:

@purplelabel said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@purplelabel said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@purplelabel said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

hmmmm..... sure

btw, did you know insulting name calling (like you did in two of your post) merits a suspension?

#38 Posted by PurpleLabel (301 posts) -

@purplelabel said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@purplelabel said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@purplelabel said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@purplelabel said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

hmmmm..... sure

btw, did you know insulting name calling (like you did in two of your post) merits a suspension?

Of course. It's all part of the game we play.

#39 Edited by Nengo_Flow (9561 posts) -

@purplelabel said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@purplelabel said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@purplelabel said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@purplelabel said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@purplelabel said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

hmmmm..... sure

But I wouldnt worry if i were you, more likely than not you wont even get moderated. Whats gonna end up happening is that the mods will take your side and your wish of me being banned will come true.

Im 96% sure that is exactly what's going to happen. Probably by tomorrow morning I'll be banned for this conversation we just had... (unjustly... for the 3rd time)

And I'll be sad... because truth is... i feel like your are the only friend I've ever made on this site.

#40 Edited by PurpleLabel (301 posts) -

@purplelabel said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@purplelabel said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@purplelabel said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@purplelabel said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@purplelabel said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

hmmmm..... sure

But I wouldnt worry if i were you, more likely than not you wont even get moderated. Whats gonna end up happening is that the mods will take your side and your wish of me being banned will come true.

Im 96% sure that is exactly what's going to happen. Probably by tomorrow morning I'll be banned for this conversation we just had... (unjustly... for the 3rd time)

And I'll be sad... because truth is... i feel like your are the only friend I've ever made on this site.

Goonies never die.

#41 Posted by indzman (17324 posts) -
#42 Posted by TheWalkingGhost (5149 posts) -

Obama is a joke, a weak international joke and everybody knows it. ISIS, Putin and China all see the US as weak.

#43 Posted by always_explicit (2743 posts) -

@purplelabel said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@purplelabel said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@purplelabel said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@purplelabel said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@purplelabel said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

hmmmm..... sure

I am pretty disgusted that this poor man the other side of the world was murdered in the most brutal fashion for doing a job that highlights the cruelty in this world. This is a genuinely sad story about an innocent man being killed by the worst of humanity. Yet YOU have the audacity to de-rail this topic and make it about your ban on a website forum. There are not enough words in the world to describe how pathetic I think you are.

Get some perspective. Iv flagged you for disruptive posting. Jog on.

#44 Posted by GrayF0X786 (3850 posts) -

killing an innocent non combatant is never justified

#45 Posted by GrayF0X786 (3850 posts) -

how is this attitude any different to Isra....oh nevermind, how silly of me to ask that

#46 Posted by Nuck81 (5839 posts) -

@foxhound_fox said:

@LostProphetFLCL said:

how is this attitude any different to Isra....oh nevermind, how silly of me to ask that

Because it's not savagery to want an entire race and religion of people to die as long as they are not your race or religion.

#47 Edited by GrayF0X786 (3850 posts) -

@Nuck81 said:

@GrayF0X786 said:

@foxhound_fox said:

@LostProphetFLCL said:

Because it's not savagery to want an entire race and religion of people to die as long as they are not your race or religion.

thank you, i learn many things here in the gamespot forums :)

#48 Posted by chimchargirl (57 posts) -

They are evil, they are killing inoccent people. I cant understand they, steven and foley didnt tried to kill they. They are monsters. ( i have problems for explain this)

¿why people want to ban nengo?

#49 Edited by indzman (17324 posts) -

@chimchargirl said:

¿why people want to ban nengo?

nengo himself wants to get banned by violating TOS, by making deragotory posts about these killings (From a older thread created by me). He's been already suspended, warned yet nengo seems to not let it go in this thread it seems :(

#50 Posted by alim298 (1268 posts) -

I wish there was something I could do...