isis leader claims that islam isn't the religion of peace

This topic is locked from further discussion.

iloveatlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By iloveatlus
Member since 2009 • 599 Posts

The message urges Muslims to emigrate to the "caliphate" it has proclaimed in areas of Syria and Iraq. A reference to the Yemen conflict means it is recent.

Analysts say the voice appears to be Baghdadi's but this is not verified.

"There is no excuse for any Muslim not to migrate to the Islamic State... joining [its fight] is a duty on every Muslim. We are calling on you either to join or carry weapons [to fight] wherever you are."

"Islam was never a religion of peace. Islam is the religion of fighting. No-one should believe that the war that we are waging is the war of the Islamic State. It is the war of all Muslims, but the Islamic State is spearheading it. It is the war of Muslims against infidels."

"There is no might nor honour nor safety nor rights for you except in the shade of the caliphate."

The speaker also makes references to the recent Saudi-led air campaign against Shia rebels in Yemen, which began on 26 March. He condemns the Saudi royal family and says the conflict in Yemen will lead to the end of its rule.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-32744070

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#2 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

Whatever suits his agenda.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 alim298
Member since 2012 • 2747 Posts

Don't know if I should say it or not but this makes me sympathize with this ISIS.

They're a bunch of retards and it's really hard to live a life of retardness.

Grimdalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By Grimdalus
Member since 2013 • 135 Posts

Religions are peaceful?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58854 Posts

@Grimdalus said:

Religions are peaceful?

Kewl
Kewl

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

@YearoftheSnake5 said:

Seriously it doesn't take a genius to figure that much out.

Grimdalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Grimdalus
Member since 2013 • 135 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:
@Grimdalus said:

Religions are peaceful?

Kewl
Kewl

Religion is just the opium of the masses. Nothing more, I see no worth in it.

Doozie78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8 Doozie78
Member since 2014 • 1123 Posts

What a worthless religion, just like the rest...one day they'll all realize that religion was never even needed to know the consciousness that surrounds us.

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

Ya such an outdated and primitive thing to still have kicking around. Fucking hate religion and the poisoning of almost everything it touches. The christian god's still in my national anthem for **** sakes. I haven't thought he was real since the day I got shoved into a catholic school board instead of public and told all these fish tale stories that even as a child I said nope that's fucking dumb, and doesn't follow anything I've been taught of the world or the cosmos or how anything works on or around this damn planet. I was a child, and even I recognized their bullshit the moment they started trying to indoctrinate me ( Heavy wording but is technically what they would try to do)

Nothing religion has done, couldn't have been done by someone who has zero religion in his/her life. So the whole without it morality wouldn't exist or what ever stupid bullshit they like too make to argue their relevancy now a days is just that. Bullshit.

Glad I went to that catholic school though. Better school system over all then our public, and it did teach me a very very valuable lesson very early on in life. Don't be an idiot and believe anything people say especially groups who have an invested interest in keeping those groups a group.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#10 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14414 Posts

No religion is peaceful.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

Not only are they not peaceful, they're fucking bossy.

Have any of you guys experienced this Sharia law thing?

Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Loading Video...

... All the Abrahamic religions have a history of being bossy.. This is nothing new.. This isn't defending Islam, more pointing out that a bear shits in the woods..

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

This ones a bit better.

Loading Video...

Exercising your right to freedom by taking away the freedom of others, sounds like Islam.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

@alim298 said:

Don't know if I should say it or not but this makes me sympathize with this ISIS.

English isn´t your native language ?

You saying "sympathize" put you in the akward position because out of the three meanings the word has two puts you just where you don´t want to be:

1. To feel or express compassion, as for another's suffering; commiserate.

2. To share or understand the feelings or ideas of another

3. To be in accord; correspond.

So what´s it going to be pal ? You feeling really sorry or compassionate about what ISIS bullies express or you share, understand and correspond with their philosophy ?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

@raugutcon said:
@alim298 said:

English isn´t your native language ?

You saying "sympathize" put you in the akward position because out of the three meanings the word has two puts you just where you don´t want to be:

1. To feel or express compassion, as for another's suffering; commiserate.

2. To share or understand the feelings or ideas of another

3. To be in accord; correspond.

So what´s it going to be pal ? You feeling really sorry or compassionate about what ISIS bullies express or you share, understand and correspond with their philosophy ?

It's pretty obvious what he meant. Maybe you should work on your English skills.

bmanva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 bmanva
Member since 2002 • 4680 Posts

It's not. In fact, no religion can make that claim without blatantly ignoring the fact of their own history.

RichieTickles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 RichieTickles
Member since 2014 • 424 Posts

Isis leader is more honest than a politician.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Loading Video...

ANY RESEMBLANCE IS MERE COINCIDENCE :

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

Shit I have been saying that for a while now...

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178838 Posts

Oh good a religion thread and all the edgy kids turned up.

Gwynnblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Gwynnblade
Member since 2015 • 931 Posts

@YearoftheSnake5 said:

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Catalli  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 3453 Posts

Still no.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#24  Edited By vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts
@bmanva said:

It's not. In fact, no religion can make that claim without blatantly ignoring the fact of their own history.

BS. What other religion has tens of thousands of fanatics burning people alive, cutting off heads, and taking over vast regions in the 21st century? I don't care what Christians did in the 15th century, it has been centuries since any other religion on Earth has been as destructive as extremist Islam is. This whole "other religions" diversion crap is absurd. Islamic fanatics are THE only team in town in modern times, stop bringing up other religions scapegoat.

@iloveatlus said:

The message urges Muslims to emigrate to the "caliphate" it has proclaimed in areas of Syria and Iraq. A reference to the Yemen conflict means it is recent.

"There is no excuse for any Muslim not to migrate to the Islamic State... joining [its fight] is a duty on every Muslim. We are calling on you either to join or carry weapons [to fight] wherever you are."

"Islam was never a religion of peace. Islam is the religion of fighting. No-one should believe that the war that we are waging is the war of the Islamic State. It is the war of all Muslims, but the Islamic State is spearheading it. It is the war of Muslims against infidels."

"There is no might nor honour nor safety nor rights for you except in the shade of the caliphate."

The speaker also makes references to the recent Saudi-led air campaign against Shia rebels in Yemen, which began on 26 March. He condemns the Saudi royal family and says the conflict in Yemen will lead to the end of its rule.

In other news....water is wet. Do you really think dudes who cut head's off of children think Islam is a religion of peace?

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 vfibsux
@bmanva said:

@speedfreak48t5p said:

No religion is peaceful.

BS. What other religion has tens of thousands of fanatics burning people alive, cutting off heads, and taking over vast regions in the 21st century? I don't care what Christians did in the 15th century, it has been centuries since any other religion on Earth has been as destructive as extremist Islam is. This whole "other religions" diversion crap is absurd. Islamic fanatics are THE only team in town in modern times, stop bringing up other religions scapegoat.

@iloveatlus said:

In other news....water is wet. Do you really think dudes who cut head's off of children think Islam is a religion of peace?

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#26 whipassmt
Member since 2007 • 15375 Posts

I would be surprised if ISIS did believe that Islam was a peaceful religion. In any regards arguing about whether Islam is a peaceful or violent religion doesn't make much sense for non-Muslims. Some Muslims believe Islam is peaceful and some don't, us non-Muslims aren't really qualified to say which form is the "true" Islam, we can only say which one is preferable for us to get along with (which is the peaceful one).

As for the claim that no religion is peaceful, that is absurd. Most Jews and Christians today are rather peaceful, and Jains have a history of being particularly peaceful (heck those guys take precautions to avoid accidentally stepping on a bug and killing it).

And the Lenin quote on this matter was laughable, Communism has been far more violent in its short history than any major religion.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:
@Grimdalus said:

Religions are peaceful?

Kewl
Kewl

Hear, hear!

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 vfibsux

@whipassmt said:

I would be surprised if ISIS did believe that Islam was a peaceful religion. In any regards arguing about whether Islam is a peaceful or violent religion doesn't make much sense for non-Muslims. Some Muslims believe Islam is peaceful and some don't, us non-Muslims aren't really qualified to say which form is the "true" Islam, we can only say which one is preferable for us to get along with (which is the peaceful one).

As for the claim that no religion is peaceful, that is absurd. Most Jews and Christians today are rather peaceful, and Jains have a history of being particularly peaceful (heck those guys take precautions to avoid accidentally stepping on a bug and killing it).

And the Lenin quote on this matter was laughable, Communism has been far more violent in its short history than any major religion.

All that is right out of the typical leftist playbook.....bash religions other than Islam any time someone brings up Islam and terrorism in the same sentence. When you are done there prop up communist countries. So backwards.

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 -God-
Member since 2004 • 3627 Posts

We've known that for a long time. Isis leader = captain obvious

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#30 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

Is this even about religion, or is this just a group of xenophobic asshats trying to rally around some common cause?

-Blasphemy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 -Blasphemy-
Member since 2005 • 3369 Posts

because he said it it must be true.

GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#32 GrayF0X786
Member since 2012 • 4185 Posts

@iloveatlus said:

"We are calling on you either to join or carry weapons [to fight] wherever you are."

Fight wherever we are? fight who exactly?

every civilian in sight?

THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 140

#33 THE_DRUGGIE
Member since 2006 • 25107 Posts

@GrayF0X786 said:
@iloveatlus said:

"We are calling on you either to join or carry weapons [to fight] wherever you are."

Fight wherever we are? fight who exactly?

every civilian in sight?

I challenge you to scripture fisticuffs! We smack each other with our scriptures and whoever goes down first is the winner!

Lucky for me that I'm a Computeritarian so I have a leather-bound 5000-page computer manual handy for just such an occasion!

bmanva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 bmanva

@vfibsux said:

Christian extremists in Africa employ child soldiers (just like crusaders once did) and are just as brutal as ISIS in their methods. And why limit the conversation to the 21st century? Doctrines and principles of most of the worlds religions are still very much grounded in the distinct past. For example, Christians still follow the bible which is written way before the turn of 21st century. One can easily make a similar argument for acts of brutality as a true interpretation of the bible just as ISIS had with koran.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts
@bmanva said:
@vfibsux said:

Christian extremists in Africa...and are just as brutal as ISIS in their methods.

Can't they be sent to fight those Boko Haram wankers?

bmanva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 bmanva

@Hexagon_777 said:
@bmanva said:
@vfibsux said:

Christian extremists in Africa...and are just as brutal as ISIS in their methods.

Because it's a slippery slope. By sending one group to extremists to counter another one you're essentially approving their methods.

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#38  Edited By whipassmt
Member since 2007 • 15375 Posts

@vfibsux: Oh yeah, and truth be told Communism and other secular ideologies (and let's be real here, most of those ideologies have arisen in countries where religion was relatively weak - such as Germany and France - because they filled a void that was created when religion had declined in influence) have caused more death in one century than most religions have in thousands of years. Of course they attribute various bad things to the different religions, but you don't see them mention the positive things much such as the various charities, hospitals, etc. I would argue that much of the humanitarian progress that has been made in the world, particularly in Western societies, is due to Jesus's teachings and the attempts of people to follow those teachings.

Also while we're at it, violent Christian extremists are probably a rather small percentage of the overall Christian population. I'd say they make up an even smaller percentage of Christians than do Christians who are hardcore adherents of pacifism (such as Seventh Day Adventists and Quakers).

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

Very very few if not zero are peaceful, if you actually read their books or listen to their leaders.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#40 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

I hope these morons make more moderate Muslims finally realize they need to speak out against extremists taking control of their religion's public image.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts
@bmanva said:
@Hexagon_777 said:
@bmanva said:
@vfibsux said:

Because it's a slippery slope. By sending one group to extremists to counter another one you're essentially approving their methods.

Nope. I just want them to kill each other. :-3

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#42  Edited By ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts

Historically Islam has always been a religion of war. It was founded and spread through forceful methods and war waged across the Islamic empire for centuries. ISIS is simply trying to continue this historical method, even though Islam is beginning to adapt to a more moderate and peaceful existence. Lets hope the moderate voices win out.

bmanva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 bmanva

@Hexagon_777 said:
@bmanva said:
@Hexagon_777 said:
@bmanva said:
@vfibsux said:

Nope. I just want them to kill each other. :-3

Sounds good in theory but it rarely works out. The prevailing side will just come out stronger and worse than before; plus the conflict will justify and further reinforced their brutality.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 vfibsux

@bmanva said:
@vfibsux said:

Christian extremists in Africa employ child soldiers (just like crusaders once did) and are just as brutal as ISIS in their methods. And why limit the conversation to the 21st century? Doctrines and principles of most of the worlds religions are still very much grounded in the distinct past. For example, Christians still follow the bible which is written way before the turn of 21st century. One can easily make a similar argument for acts of brutality as a true interpretation of the bible just as ISIS had with koran.

Boko Haram killed 3000 people in 1 week....how many people have your Christian terrorists killed in 1 year? This is the problem with people like you, instead of joining in on a discussion to stop Islamic extremism you instead choose to ask what about Christian extremism? Now instead of coming up with a solution to stop THE MOST prevalent terrorism of our time we here squabbling over some bs. No terrorism is right, and no one should be excused from it. But that does not mean when you have a bull charging at you form 10 feet away that you should worry about the black widow spider across the street in a garage. Use some freaking sense here.

And no, when I am talking about a Muslim extremist problem today bringing up what Christians did hundreds of years ago is not what I call productive. Where do you people come from?

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#45 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
@vfibsux said:
@bmanva said:
@vfibsux said:

Boko Haram killed 3000 people in 1 week....how many people have your Christian terrorists killed in 1 year? This is the problem with people like you, instead of joining in on a discussion to stop Islamic extremism you instead choose to ask what about Christian extremism? Now instead of coming up with a solution to stop THE MOST prevalent terrorism of our time we here squabbling over some bs. No terrorism is right, and no one should be excused from it. But that does not mean when you have a bull charging at you form 10 feet away that you should worry about the black widow spider across the street in a garage. Use some freaking sense here.

And no, when I am talking about a Muslim extremist problem today bringing up what Christians did hundreds of years ago is not what I call productive. Where do you people come from?

Christian extremists in Africa are against condoms as prevention of HIV/AIDS and birth control.

I'd argue they've killed (indirectly) many millions of people.

bmanva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 bmanva

@vfibsux said:
@bmanva said:
@vfibsux said:

3000 people in a week? Where did you get that ridiculous figure? I never thought this was a discussion about "stopping Islamic extremists", nor one that's limited to contemporary examples but whether all religions have the capacity for violence.

You actually think any of what you post on game forum is "productive"? lol