ISIS blows up Jonah's tomb.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PurpleLabel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By PurpleLabel
Member since 2014 • 314 Posts

http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/24/world/iraq-violence/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

All around horrible if you ask me.

EPICCOMMANDER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By EPICCOMMANDER
Member since 2013 • 1110 Posts

Yeah and they've told Christians in the towns ISIS controls to either convert to Islam, pay a ridiculous tax, or get out of town, and if you don't do any of those things, you'll die by the sword.

As always, Iraq is a great place to live.

howlrunner13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3  Edited By howlrunner13
Member since 2005 • 4408 Posts

Lana? LANA!

Can't take them seriously with that acronym.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#4 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19374 Posts

@EPICCOMMANDER said:

Yeah and they've told Christians in the towns ISIS controls to either convert to Islam, pay a ridiculous tax, or get out of town, and if you don't do any of those things, you'll die by the sword.

And what about the Shia Muslims? They have it far worse. The only option they get is to die by the AK-47.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@howlrunner13 said:

Lana? LANA!

Dammit Archer!

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 RoboCopISJesus
Member since 2004 • 2225 Posts

Who the hell is Jonah? But im reading the CNN article it says he was swallowed by a whale then who the **** is in the tomb?

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

@RoboCopISJesus said:

Who the hell is Jonah? But im reading the CNN article it says he was swallowed by a whale then who the **** is in the tomb?

this

And im waiting to see when the hell will ISIS make its way to Israel and unleash gods wrath on those bitch ass Israelis. ISIS is really the only ones right now that can bring order to the land.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 RoboCopISJesus

@Nengo_Flow said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

this

And im waiting to see when the hell will ISIS make its way to Israel and unleash gods wrath on those bitch ass Israelis. ISIS is really the only ones right now that can bring order to the land.

As long as they don't march to USA, aka Murica' land of the jesus.

GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 GrayF0X786
Member since 2012 • 4185 Posts

call me when ISIS attacks the Zionist state of Israel and Saudi, until then these guys are a bunch of fakes

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3850 Posts

@Iszdope: They are not fakes just thugs. When they come up against fighters with a backbone they will fold like a cheap suit.

SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#12 SaudiFury
Member since 2007 • 8709 Posts

@GrayF0X786 - i'm sure if you fly to Sinai Egypt, and pay the right price to the right bedouin they'll let you into Rafah Gaza and you can join the wanna-be shaheeds hiding and firing from the schools, hospitals, UN shelters and musjids.

SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By SaudiFury
Member since 2007 • 8709 Posts

The reason why ISIS is running amok is because Syria's military is hobbled fighting on too many fronts that it ignored ISIS in the far eastern portion of the country because ISIS was spending more time fighting other rebel groups then it was bothering to fight the Syrian military. In that time though the ISIS guys have gotten more and more experience fighting and have gained equipment along the way as well as new recruits both locally and foreign fighters.

They blasted through Iraq, chiefly because the Iraqi army was de-moralized because of lack of funding, equipment and support from Baghdad, and because the army wasn't inclusive it was pretty much Shia picked thanks to Maliki, when the fight came they folded and ran. No way was the Iraqi army, de-moralized, underfunded, with high rates of absenteeism and desertion was it gonna fight on essentially 'enemy' Sunni territory. so they turned and ran and thus the ISIS swept through most of Iraq. to the point that they left their equipment along the borders of Saudi and Jordan. prompting Jordan and Saudi to put their militaries on the border and high alert. Right now some 30,000 Saudi soldiers are positioned along the border to protect the Kingdom.

In the meantime ISIS has reached an impasse with the Kurdish Pershmerga, a relatively well equipped but high experience and determined fighting force has managed to beat back the ISIS fighters and take hold of Kirkuk and lands they claim is there's. In the mean time Baghdad is saddled with various Shia militias based in Baghdad, making little advances here and there but still no taking back territories lost and in fact losing in some areas.

During this time while ISIS is holding the Iraqi army occupied and largely ignoring the Kurdish forces, they moved key equipment into the Syrian front expanding their control even further to the point that now the Syrian army is trying to bomb them.

that all said though, ISIS wouldn't survive against Syria or Iraq in a one on one fight when either Syria or Iraq were at the height of their strengths. ISIS is merely exploiting both countries weaknesses at the moment.

The likely-hood of ISIS succeeding in developing it's own state is 50/50 at the moment. it can hold onto it's territories, but right now it's chiefly an opposition group, and being a fighting group is very different then being a political group. which Hamas is still having problems with.

BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BossPerson
Member since 2011 • 9177 Posts

@SaudiFury: 100% spot on

also, it may interest you in knowing that the sunni parts in Iraq that have "rebelled" are not exactly under complete ISIS control. I have family in Northern Iraq and they say that Mosul and what not is basically ran by former baathists and some ISIS guys trying to make a name for themselves. It's not as dire as the media would have people think (that ISIS is some plague that is taking control and can't be stopped). The situation is a lot more nuanced.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

@lostrib said:

@howlrunner13 said:

Lana? LANA!

Dammit Archer!

Just....just jackin' it.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

@BossPerson said:

@SaudiFury: 100% spot on

also, it may interest you in knowing that the sunni parts in Iraq that have "rebelled" are not exactly under complete ISIS control. I have family in Northern Iraq and they say that Mosul and what not is basically ran by former baathists and some ISIS guys trying to make a name for themselves. It's not as dire as the media would have people think (that ISIS is some plague that is taking control and can't be stopped). The situation is a lot more nuanced.

Yeah, from what I understand, the main interference ISIS is causing is setting up checkpoints on main roads and interrogating people. They aren't really in control of much.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#17 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts
@howlrunner13 said:

Lana? LANA!

God DAMNIT ARCHER

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

oh no!

now they are waging war on fairy tale characters!

what could be next?

little red riding hoods home? the alice in wonderland statue in central park?

quick! call in the rescue rangers!

EPICCOMMANDER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 EPICCOMMANDER
@Riverwolf007 said:

oh no!

what could be next?

What the **** is this ******* crap? You can not believe in a religion sure, that's fine. There's plenty of religions out there that I want to laugh at, but at the same time, I ******* respect all of the people who believe them enough to not do that. If it were up to me, assholes like you wouldn't be allowed to reproduce. I'm being 100% serious with this.

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts

@EPICCOMMANDER said:
@Riverwolf007 said:

oh no!

what could be next?

What the **** is this ******* crap? You can not believe in a religion sure, that's fine. There's plenty of religions out there that I want to laugh at, but at the same time, I ******* respect all of the people who believe them enough to not do that. If it were up to me, assholes like you wouldn't be allowed to reproduce. I'm being 100% serious with this.

I think you're overreacting a bit here...

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

@Riverwolf007 said:

oh no!

what could be next?

Are you trolling or just stupid? I get not believing in a religion (I'm as indifferent as they come) but that tomb/shrine was a historical monument. You don't go blowing up centuries old buildings.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#22 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

What a horrible thing to do.

@RoboCopISJesus said:

Read the story of Jonah and then you will know that much more.

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23 The-Apostle
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts

@Aljosa23 said:

@Riverwolf007 said:

oh no!

what could be next?

Are you trolling or just stupid? I get not believing in a religion (I'm as indifferent as they come) but that tomb/shrine was a historical monument. You don't go blowing up centuries old buildings.

I think it's a little of both. You don't need to be religious to know it's a historical monument.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#24 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@EPICCOMMANDER said:

it was a sunni Mosque they blew up not a christian church, since Jonah is also a prophet in the quran. Also its not the actually tomb of Jonah, both muslims and jews/christians have different place for his actual tomb.

Still sad though to see a historic building getting blow up because of some religious nutjobs.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Jag85

@GrayF0X786:

Even Palestinians have called out ISIS for being a bunch of fakes:

Palestinian Parody about ISIS

While ISIS is too busy murdering Muslims and Christians in Iraq & Syria, they don't have the guts to take on Israel.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 RoboCopISJesus

@BranKetra said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

I'd rather not read about fiction that has resulted in the deaths of millions.

EPICCOMMANDER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 EPICCOMMANDER
@Jacanuk said:

@EPICCOMMANDER said:

it was a sunni Mosque they blew up not a christian church, since Jonah is also a prophet in the quran. Also its not the actually tomb of Jonah, both muslims and jews/christians have different place for his actual tomb.

Still sad though to see a historic building getting blow up because of some religious nutjobs.

My post was related to ISIS, not the tomb.

@Toxic-Seahorse said:

@EPICCOMMANDER said:
@Riverwolf007 said:

oh no!

what could be next?

I think you're overreacting a bit here...

Well, seeing as someone also got on the person for the same thing, no, I think I'm being perfectly reasonable.

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@BranKetra said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

Literally the definition of a troll post. You ask who the hell Jonah is, and then you say "never mind, the Bible sucks." You do realize how stupid that sounds right? I mean, you HAD to have known the answer to your question was in the Bible, unless you're an idiot and you don't know what you're talking about.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Jag85

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@BranKetra said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

How did the Jonah story result in the deaths of millions? You think the whale ate a million people or something?

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By branketra

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@BranKetra said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

You just set a precedent. If you ever ask about something again on these forums, users will think you actually do not want to know which is a waste of time to communicate about. I do not mean to be rude. That is my rationalization of this conversation.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

Those dang scallywags always up to mischief.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 RoboCopISJesus

@Jag85 said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@BranKetra said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

How did the Jonah story result in the deaths of millions? You think the whale ate a million people or something?

Maybe the whale was verry hungry?

kalloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 kalloo
Member since 2006 • 218 Posts

I think what's a bit more horrendous is the fact that they are mutilating girls and women between the ages of 11-40. What the hell is their reasoning?

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Jag85

@BranKetra said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@BranKetra said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

You just set a precedent. If you ever ask about something again on these forums, users will think you actually do not want to know which is a waste of time to communicate about. I do not mean to be rude. That is my rationalization of this conversation.

I think he's probably just trolling.

But to answer RoboCopJesus's question anyway: Jonah managed to escape from the whale.

@kalloo said:

I think what's a bit more horrendous is the fact that they are mutilating girls and women between the ages of 11-40. What the hell is their reasoning?

Actually, ISIS are now denying the UN's allegations that they're planning FGM:

Isis denies ordering that all girls in Mosul undergo FGM

So were the allegations false, or are ISIS just doing some PR damage control?

kalloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 kalloo
Member since 2006 • 218 Posts

@Jag85: If they can kill people and oppress based on religion, I could care less what they have to say.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 RoboCopISJesus

@kalloo said:

I think what's a bit more horrendous is the fact that they are mutilatinggirls and women between the ages of 11-40. What the hell is their reasoning?

Don't westerners do this (USA mostly) to infant boys? Although I heard the practice has died down considerably, its still at like 40% of newborn males...scary..

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Riverwolf007

@EPICCOMMANDER said:
@Riverwolf007 said:

oh no!

what could be next?

i believe the earth rides on the back of a giant turtle and thor controls the weather.

RESPECT MY BELIEFS!

lulz.

EPICCOMMANDER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 EPICCOMMANDER
@Riverwolf007 said:

@EPICCOMMANDER said:
@Riverwolf007 said:

oh no!

what could be next?

i believe the earth rides on the back of a giant turtle and thor controls the weather.

RESPECT MY BELIEFS!

lulz.

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Totally okay with you thinking that though.

GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 GrayF0X786

@SaudiFury said:

@GrayF0X786 - i'm sure if you fly to Sinai Egypt, and pay the right price to the right bedouin they'll let you into Rafah Gaza and you can join the wanna-be shaheeds hiding and firing from the schools, hospitals, UN shelters and musjids.

what has that got to do with my post?

GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 GrayF0X786

@Riverwolf007 said:

@EPICCOMMANDER said:
@Riverwolf007 said:

oh no!

what could be next?

RESPECT MY BELIEFS!

lulz.

i seriously want to know why Atheists have a fetish for Thor...

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By The-Apostle

@Riverwolf007 said:

@EPICCOMMANDER said:
@Riverwolf007 said:

oh no!

what could be next?

RESPECT MY BELIEFS!

lulz.

Why should we respect your beliefs when you clearly don't respect anyone else's? I realize you're joking, but...

Bad joke is bad joke.

Emil_Fontz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Emil_Fontz
Member since 2014 • 799 Posts

@EPICCOMMANDER said:

It's ironic that they give Christians options but outright kill their fellow Muslims who happen to follow a different sect. You'd think that they'd kill the followers of a completely different religion.

Emil_Fontz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Emil_Fontz
Member since 2014 • 799 Posts

@RoboCopISJesus said:

The legend says that he was in the belly of a whale for three days, at the end of which the whale vomited him out. So, he did not die inside of the whale.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By branketra

@The-Apostle: That was an attempt at satire which, having failed, makes his posting behavior seem more divisive than anything else.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50494 Posts

@howlrunner13 said:

Lana? LANA!

THANK YOU

This is all I think when I see that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#45 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

@Aljosa23 said:

@Riverwolf007 said:

oh no!

what could be next?

Agree 100% with Aljosa. Many of these sites have more to do with culture than religion. It's just not cool to go around blowing up historical sites because you can. What happens when the next group that comes into power isnt of you liking and starts blowing your shit up? Besides, you're robbing future generations of their heritage.

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 The-Apostle
@BranKetra said:

@The-Apostle: That was an attempt at satire which, having failed, makes his posting behavior seem more divisive than anything else.

Meh... Joke, satire, either way it still reeks of fail. >_>

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Riverwolf007

@The-Apostle said:

@Riverwolf007 said:

@EPICCOMMANDER said:
@Riverwolf007 said:

oh no!

what could be next?

RESPECT MY BELIEFS!

lulz.

Why should we respect your beliefs when you clearly don't respect anyone else's? I realize you're joking, but...

Bad joke is bad joke.

i really was just joking around but in all seriousness since you guys want to take it further the entire crux of christianity rides upon the concept of original sin.

so what exactly is the original sin?

knowledge.

how am i to respect that?

the entire concept of making knowledge the biggest sin and the obviously transparent reasons why you make knowledge the biggest sin in the bible makes the entire concept ridiculous.

the ignorant have no choice but to rely upon superstition and writing that in from the very beginning is a dead giveaway that the entire point is to perpetuate the religion over imparting any kind or truth.

EPICCOMMANDER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By EPICCOMMANDER

@Riverwolf007: you should try researching Scientology and the evil galactic overlord Xenu if you think Christianity has some issues. Also try looking up any of the Eastern religions, where many of them think that time loops, there isn't a beginning or ending to time at all. That stuff's batty.

Still, the point isn't what the religion is about. The point is, if millions of people around the world believe it and are raised on it, they aren't going to respond to well to blatant disrespect of it.

THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 140

#49 THE_DRUGGIE
Member since 2006 • 25107 Posts

@EPICCOMMANDER said:
@Riverwolf007 said:

oh no!

what could be next?

Hahaha, oh man. You should've been posting here three years ago; guaranteed someone like you would've had an anger-induced heart attack.