Is your dad a weirdo, and you mom sensible?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DazedDarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 0

#1 DazedDarkness
Member since 2008 • 2261 Posts

It's seems like me and my friends all have these weird fathers, but our moms are all the counter balances to them. Like my dad is wild, but my mom constantly has to add the sense and always has to fuss at him for being weird. He blast old 80's hip-hop, and 80's rock, while my mom is quiet and always has to tell him to shut up, he's also lazy lazy lazy! And watches westerns all day, which drives my mom to come kick me out of my room for she can watch Lifetime or the soap network.

I notice this as a trend amongst my 5 main friends also. He also has these weird stories and morals that never go with anything. Dads=Jokers, Moms=Serious?

CyleM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#2 CyleM
Member since 2004 • 2546 Posts
I think that is how it is suppose to work, the woman are always suppose to fill in for the mens weaknesses
EMOEVOLUTION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 EMOEVOLUTION
Member since 2008 • 8998 Posts

No, I don't think you can reach that conclusion based on your own personal perceptions of you and your friends expirences.

My dad is far from weird. And my mom is far from sensible. From my expirence it's the opposite. You just happen to have a nerdy dad.. hopefully you win the loto in your next life and get a manly father figure.

BiancaDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#4 BiancaDK
Member since 2008 • 19092 Posts

If by weirdo or joker; you mean a crazed chainsmoking, alcoholic wife-beating, knife-throwing, child-abusing protestant fundamentalist, then yes, my dad is a total weirdo, and a joker at that. ^O^

My mom doesen´t counterbalance anything, i´m way more mature and collected in behaviour than she is, even now. She practices escapism like there´s no tommorrow, and cannot, by her own mind, be held accountable for anything.

Cool theory, though. :3 Maybe it holds partial truths, just under different circumstances than what was given to me, but i wouldn´t know that.

Avatar image for deactivated-605ba7fd6332a
deactivated-605ba7fd6332a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-605ba7fd6332a
Member since 2005 • 12039 Posts
If anything the complete opposite is true in my situation.
Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 Teenaged
Member since 2007 • 31764 Posts

Well no my dad isnt a weirdo. He is very sensible. So is my mum.

Both are counterparts to each other in other aspects though.

WarEagle1357

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 WarEagle1357
Member since 2009 • 668 Posts
Both my parents are sensible and smart, but my dad is more outgoing than my mom.
DazedDarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DazedDarkness

No, I don't think you can reach that conclusion based on your own personal perceptions of you and your friends expirences.

My dad is far from weird. And my mom is far from sensible. From my expirence it's the opposite. You just happen to have a nerdy dad.. hopefully you win the loto in your next life and get a manly father figure.

EMOEVOLUTION
He's manly ... I love his zany antics around here. I always wanted to be like my dad, but after a bunch of emotional b.s. I really don't think I'd ever match his coolness, or his happiness.
DazedDarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DazedDarkness

If by weirdo or joker; you mean a crazed chainsmoking, alcoholic wife-beating, knife-throwing, child-abusing protestant fundamentalist, then yes, my dad is a total weirdo, and a joker at that. ^O^

My mom doesen´t counterbalance anything, i´m way more mature and collected in behaviour than she is, even now. She practices escapism like there´s no tommorrow, and cannot, by her own mind, be held accountable for anything.

Cool theory, though. :3 Maybe it holds partial truths, just under different circumstances than what was given to me, but i wouldn´t know that.

BiancaDK
You should find your dads balls, and kick them in. That stops any man, when he's sleeps throw cold Ice water in his face, and put salt in his food and drinks, he'll calm the heck down. One of my friends dad got the treatment, once his mom systematically took him down a notch, now he's a loser. She hit the man with a frying pan(big thick, dark skillet) and kick in the sacred area, and played other mind games with him. He's not a drunk, women beating, child abusing fool anymore.
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58542 Posts

BiancaDK

ummmmmmm are you serious? Maybe its time to call the police...

anyway, I think parents definately need to balance eachother out, or at least be different enough so the kids get a concept of both sides. My mom is a former hippie, and laughs at all kinds of stuff. She watches crap reality TV, works, and loves to travel.

My dad is retired, but was a government employee for like 38 years. He watches the history channel and serious stuff. Whereas my mom is lighthearted and fun loving, my dad is an idealistic romantic. That said, ever since I stopped being a mama's boy I have found myself enjoying my time with my dad a lot. His ideals are different and not practical, but outside of that he is a good mix of fun and seriousness.

So no, my dad is not a weirdo, but my mom is sensible (mostly).

pishti_13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 pishti_13
Member since 2009 • 61 Posts
Actually my dad is a really nice guy but my mom is an alcoholic,child-abusing,whore.
GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts
its true, but not in the exact way you put it. i mean my father is a great hard working man, but he is boring as hell, strict, very patient to the point i dont think its normal whatsoever. my mom on the other hand is way more like me, she is impatient, fun, understands me and my feelings better, and communicate better. i feel more close to my mom, despite i admire my father alot, but its really boring.
needled24-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 needled24-7
Member since 2007 • 15902 Posts

nah more like the other way around with me. whenever i go to a different room in the house, my mom's always asking me what i'm doing, where i'm going, so many questions, and my dad doesn't really care, he plays a lot of online poker :P

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36047 Posts
[QUOTE="DazedDarkness"]

It's seems like me and my friends all have these weird fathers, but our moms are all the counter balances to them. Like my dad is wild, but my mom constantly has to add the sense and always has to fuss at him for being weird. He blast old 80's hip-hop, and 80's rock, while my mom is quiet and always has to tell him to shut up, he's also lazy lazy lazy! And watches westerns all day, which drives my mom to come kick me out of my room for she can watch Lifetime or the soap network.

I notice this as a trend amongst my 5 main friends also. He also has these weird stories and morals that never go with anything. Dads=Jokers, Moms=Serious?

you think I'm lazy son?
Solid_Tango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Solid_Tango
Member since 2009 • 8609 Posts
I never met my father :(
Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36047 Posts

BiancaDK

..................awkward

XileLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17 XileLord
Member since 2007 • 3776 Posts

My dad is more sensible then my mom will ever be simply because he is laid back, optimistic, doesn't ever really get mad and is all around a very nice guy unlike my mom who yells and screams but i respect them both simply because without them i wouldn't be alive.

trust_nobody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 trust_nobody
Member since 2003 • 3356 Posts

Actually, my mom is the one who is mentally imbalanced where my dad is the more level headed one. The bad thing about that is I haven't seen my dad in years, I couldn't even tell you what state he lives in.

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts
My entire family is...hmm..."off" My dad went from a verbally abusive dictator to a born again Bible beater My mom has endured a lifetime of abuse and neglect...subsequently, she overcompensates with her children as has no life of her own...but she also has fits of rage, where abuse comes out in the same ways she took it in My sister is a drug addict, not so virtuous, clinically insane genius that has squandered her intelligence by "using" it away and beating the female members of my family into submission As for myself...well...another story for another day But to answer the TC, crazy attracts crazy IMO...although there is usually a giver and a taker, so to speak
BiancaDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#20 BiancaDK
Member since 2008 • 19092 Posts

ummmmmmm are you serious? Maybe its time to call the police...mrbojangles25

i´m 24, i´m good.

These things happened in my childhood, so i totally dodged the collateral mental damage by being unable to understand what exactly was going on ^_^