Is this the worst and most shivering injury in sports history?

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Pirate700
Member since 2008 • 46465 Posts

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="AussieePet"] Its not old this happen last month , besides what does that has to do with the topic? AussieePet

It's old in the sense that it's been covered to absolute death.

Who cares , it being old or new has nothing to do with the topic weirdos

Fine, then to answer your question, no it's far from the worst. Plently of people have died while playing a sport and death is a worse injury than a broken leg.

Razor-Lazor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 Razor-Lazor
Member since 2009 • 12763 Posts
There was a rugby player named Wayne Shelford who tore his scrotum open during a game. He was in one of those pile-ups, and another player's cleat caught him in a very, very bad place. He walked off the field with a nut literally hanging off of him. He had a quick surgery on the bench and went back out to finish the game. With a torn scrotum.
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#54 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
A kid in a junior rugby league match died during a game because of a head knock :(
johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

[QUOTE="johnd13"]

This thread is now full of disgusting injuries. :?

AussieePet

cover your eyes!!! lol

I can' t! Deep down I want to see!

redstorm72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#56 redstorm72
Member since 2008 • 4646 Posts

Goalie got his throat slit by a skate blade

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dT4PenDwiPo

Avatar image for hartsickdiscipl
hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#57 hartsickdiscipl
Member since 2003 • 14787 Posts

It's certainly up there.  I couldn't even believe what I was seeing.  I didn't know that it was possible for that to happen.  

Evil_Saluki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#58 Evil_Saluki
Member since 2008 • 5217 Posts

[QUOTE="Evil_Saluki"]

[QUOTE="Nonstop-Madness"]Clint Malarchuk. This may scare you - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dR-wA4SmbO4stanleycup98

Hmmm, nah the leg break was worse. I'm decentralised to a bit of blood, been playing video games! Those leg breaks that cause bones to rip out the flesh mind, it may not be as potentially lethal (if you got aid) but you could share that agony. If I had my leg broken like that, i'll probably be asking for someone to slit my throat.

You would prefer your jugular to be sliced than have a leg broken? That's ridiculous. I don't react to blood as much as leg breaks either, but that's irrelevant. A cut to the jugular is almost always fatal within minutes. According to Wikipedia, had the cut been just 1/8" higher or he had been on the other end of the ice (the locker rooms were at the end he was cut), he would have died. And the only reason he didn't die was because the trainer managed to reach into his neck and slow the bleeding enough until doctors arrived (and if they had arrived two minutes later, he would have died). And what agony are you talking about in regards to the break? You wouldn't feel that. You would be in shock long enough for them to give you anesthesia. Ware actually said he felt no pain.

No despite you saying all that the leg break is still more cringe worthy. Perhaps you may wish to research another story and go into detail over it in order to try and change my opinion.