Is there hope for IIslam to reclaim itself as a peaceful and loving religion?

• 153 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nchan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 nchan
Member since 2004 • 1059 Posts

For decades, the United States has racialized Islam as the "evil religion," how will they go about to reclaim their religion as a "good religion," like many other religions? Muslims are basically the most hated religious people beside we atheists---yes, researches have shown that people hate atheists more than any other groups---in the United States and around the world. Is there hope to change this perception of Islam as the "evil religion?"

trust_nobody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 trust_nobody
Member since 2003 • 3356 Posts

No.

ftw

ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 ghoklebutter
Member since 2007 • 19327 Posts

It IS a peaceful religion, there's proof in the Quran.

I doubt this image of Muslims will go away unless Muslims themselves do something about it.

--Thomas--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 --Thomas--
Member since 2009 • 920 Posts

Yeah, it will change with time.

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#5 lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts

For decades, the United States has racialized Islam as the "evil religion," how will they go about to reclaim their religion as a "good religion," like many other religions? Muslims are basically the most hated religious people beside we atheists---yes, researches have shown that people hate atheists more than any other groups---in the United States and around the world. Is there hope to change this perception of Islam as the "evil religion?"

nchan
lol the atheist are part of a religion?
ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ghoklebutter

It never was and never will be. I dont know who you are trying to fool with all this love and peace talk.

Videodogg
Proof?
ganon92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 ganon92
Member since 2005 • 968 Posts

I'm not sure it's ever been considered a peaceful and loving religion...

St_JimmyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 St_JimmyX
Member since 2006 • 3061 Posts

Islam was never an 'evil' religon. It's just stupid people making stupid misconceptions.

shinian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 shinian
Member since 2005 • 6871 Posts

Hey if Christians after the Crusades were able to pull that off, so can the Extreme Muslims.

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#11 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

Islam and Christianity actually have striking historical similarities. In both religions' early years, adherents welcomed others with open arms, and after about 300-400 years after both religions' foundings, men with political power got their claws into it and began the religions' transformation into something that was a pale mockery of what it began as. Christianity was plunged into darkness some 700 years before Islam was - and if you go back 700 years, you'll find that Christianity then shares rather strong similarities to Islam today.

For that reason, I do not have the same fears about Islam that so many others have - I believe that the tempering of the religion is a historical inevitability and is only a matter of time.

ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ghoklebutter

Islam and Christianity actually have striking historical similarities. In both religions' early years, adherents welcomed others with open arms, and after about 300-400 years after both religions' foundings, men with political power got their claws into it and began the religions' transformation into something that was a pale mockery of what it began as. Christianity was plunged into darkness some 700 years before Islam was - and if you go back 700 years, you'll find that Christianity then shares rather strong similarities to Islam today.

For that reason, I do not have the same fears about Islam that so many others have - I believe that the tempering of the religion is a historical inevitability and is only a matter of time.

GabuEx
Interesting observation there. I really hope the same happens to Islam.
Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts
[QUOTE="ghoklebutter"][QUOTE="GabuEx"]

Yeah great, we just have to live through 700 years of darkeness before it gets better.
ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ghoklebutter
[QUOTE="Videodogg"][QUOTE="ghoklebutter"][QUOTE="GabuEx"]

Yeah great, we just have to live through 700 years of darkeness before it gets better.

That's not what I meant. I meant that I hope Islam gets rid of it's hideous stereotype, not in any particular time frame.
Al_Sharpt0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Al_Sharpt0n
Member since 2009 • 65 Posts
GOD A'MIGHTY, a religion that advocates beheading and stoning as a peaceful religion!? While I get called a bad influence! GOD A'MIGHTY, WHAT'S WRONG WITH Y'ALL!
ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ghoklebutter
[QUOTE="Al_Sharpt0n"]GOD A'MIGHTY, a religion that advocates beheading and stoning as a peaceful religion!? While I get called a bad influence! GOD A'MIGHTY, WHAT'S WRONG WITH Y'ALL!

Beheading and stoning is not commanded in Islam.
Avatar image for MetalGear_Ninty
MetalGear_Ninty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MetalGear_Ninty
Member since 2008 • 6337 Posts
Certainly not in this lifetime; it could honestly take a few hundred years for that to happen.
kulmiye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 kulmiye
Member since 2004 • 12094 Posts
It already is a peaceful and loving religion.
GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#19 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

[QUOTE="ghoklebutter"][QUOTE="GabuEx"]

Videodogg

Given that Islam lives in modern times, I have a feeling that it will not take the 700 years that Christianity took, because it's subject to outside influences as well as internal, whereas Christianity had to be transformed purely from the inside. Indonesia and Bangladesh are some of the most populous Muslim-supermajority countries in the world, and both are remarkably secular, relatively speaking.

Al_Sharpt0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Al_Sharpt0n
[QUOTE="ghoklebutter"][QUOTE="Al_Sharpt0n"]GOD A'MIGHTY, a religion that advocates beheading and stoning as a peaceful religion!? While I get called a bad influence! GOD A'MIGHTY, WHAT'S WRONG WITH Y'ALL!

God a'mighty, son - y'all really think people are gonna see Islam as a way of love when it's presented by LIBERAL, ANTI-BLACK MEDIA? GOD A'MIGHTY, son, open ya eyes!
ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ghoklebutter
[QUOTE="Al_Sharpt0n"][QUOTE="ghoklebutter"][QUOTE="Al_Sharpt0n"]GOD A'MIGHTY, a religion that advocates beheading and stoning as a peaceful religion!? While I get called a bad influence! GOD A'MIGHTY, WHAT'S WRONG WITH Y'ALL!

God a'mighty, son - y'all really think people are gonna see Islam as a way of love when it's presented by LIBERAL, ANTI-BLACK MEDIA? GOD A'MIGHTY, son, open ya eyes!

Sarcasm? :?
PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts
[QUOTE="ghoklebutter"][QUOTE="Al_Sharpt0n"][QUOTE="ghoklebutter"] Beheading and stoning is not commanded in Islam.

He seems to be a troll, relying on the gimmick of imitating Reverend Al Sharpton.
Al_Sharpt0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Al_Sharpt0n
[QUOTE="PannicAtack"][QUOTE="ghoklebutter"][QUOTE="Al_Sharpt0n"] God a'mighty, son - y'all really think people are gonna see Islam as a way of love when it's presented by LIBERAL, ANTI-BLACK MEDIA? GOD A'MIGHTY, son, open ya eyes!

He seems to be a troll, relying on the gimmick of imitating Reverend Al Sharpton.

GOD A'MIGHTY, once again, we see hate and vilification against a black community leader! Live in fear, son, we rising up! GOD A'MIGHTY, we will continue to rise until we sing! "Free at last! Free at last! THANK GOD A'MIGHTY, FREE AT LAST!"
dercoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 dercoo
Member since 2006 • 12555 Posts

Yes the US as a whole believes Muslims are evil.:roll:

Even Glenn Beck is not that ignorant.

nchan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 nchan
[QUOTE="nchan"]

lightleggy
lol the atheist are part of a religion?

I think religious people claim that Atheism is a religion, though us atheists never claim Atheism as a religion. Atheists are rational and secular thinkers. Great people, though I never understand why they're hated so much.
PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 PannicAtack

As a religion they are the most peaceful hands down. You American Christians kill and terrorize more than they.Dr_Brocoli
You have now directly insulted me.

I_am_george

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 I_am_george
Member since 2009 • 265 Posts

Reclaim? It never was a peaceful religion.

joao_22990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 joao_22990
Member since 2007 • 2230 Posts
I like how it's "my religion kills less people than yours" and not "my religion brainwashes less people than yours". Tis the times.
ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ghoklebutter
I like how it's "my religion kills less people than yours" and not "my religion brainwashes less people than yours". Tis the times.joao_22990
What do you mean?
Blue-Sky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Blue-Sky
Member since 2005 • 10381 Posts

Personally I think Christianity killed far more people.

Dr_Brocoli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Dr_Brocoli
Member since 2007 • 3724 Posts

Blue-Sky
This. But, Christian propaganda says otherwise.
Unassigned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Unassigned
Member since 2004 • 1970 Posts

I'll never trust their motives. Just my opinion.

ObvilionLost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ObvilionLost
Member since 2007 • 49 Posts

Well it could, Christianity did reclaim as peaceful religion, after crusades, witch hunts, inquisition, e.t.c....

I_am_george

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 I_am_george
Member since 2009 • 265 Posts

Just look at how muslims treat their women. Nuff said.

cee1gee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 cee1gee
Member since 2008 • 2042 Posts
[QUOTE="Blue-Sky"]

Dr_Brocoli

if im not mistaken...i think atheists killed the most, then lead by jewish in 2nd, muslim 3rd, christian 4th
sentenced83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#37 sentenced83
Member since 2005 • 1529 Posts

not a word in the bible says go and spread religion with wars !! it was man-made and a corrupt church that twisted the teachings !!

Blue-Sky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Blue-Sky
Member since 2005 • 10381 Posts

I_am_george

I wouldn't say that its religion thats restricting their women, its more on their society/way of life. Woman oppression has a long worldwide history. Look how long it took for women to gain their rights in the America. Its just a matter of time. In fact I've recently learned that the reason why middle eastern women cover their faces its because the men thought they were so beautiful they didn't want them to be taken away from western invaders.

joao_22990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 joao_22990
Member since 2007 • 2230 Posts
What do you mean?ghoklebutter
If you read what i wrote, you'll understand. Can't you see how these debates go from "yeah that religion kills the most" to "but thy holy scriptures prohibit such manners!" to "yeah but such and such still happened, however" to " but that means they're not following their religion correctly" to "screw humanity and it's devious ways"? An yet the so erratic "gnostic" characteristic of religion and it's dogmatic methods are but largely ignored.
majwill24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 majwill24
Member since 2004 • 1355 Posts

No it wont until it goes through the same reforms that Christianity did. Whats so ironic is that the Islamic apologists are contributing to ensure that never happens.

nchan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 nchan
[QUOTE="Dr_Brocoli"][QUOTE="Blue-Sky"]

cee1gee

if im not mistaken...i think atheists killed the most, then lead by jewish in 2nd, muslim 3rd, christian 4th

Why do you think atheists kill the most? Are you thinking Hitler being an atheist? cause he's not. Or are you thinking communists= atheists? cause communists are very religious people. Where did you get your stuff from? Fox news?
ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ghoklebutter

I_am_george
The only thing women have to wear is a headscarf. Along with loose clothes. They have the right to seek education, and pretty much do whatever other women do, except for a few things.
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#43 lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts
[QUOTE="Al_Sharpt0n"][QUOTE="PannicAtack"][QUOTE="ghoklebutter"] Sarcasm? :?

GOD A'MIGHTY, once again, we see hate and vilification against a black community leader! Live in fear, son, we rising up! GOD A'MIGHTY, we will continue to rise until we sing! "Free at last! Free at last! THANK GOD A'MIGHTY, FREE AT LAST!"

OK, you just created this troll account, to make fun not only of christians but also of the afro american community, good for you
smc91352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 smc91352
Member since 2009 • 7786 Posts

[QUOTE="Dr_Brocoli"][QUOTE="Blue-Sky"]

cee1gee

Atheist killing to promote Atheism? :?

I've never heard of this.

And, btw, I find any death tolls irrelevant. :P

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 PannicAtack
[QUOTE="nchan"][QUOTE="cee1gee"][QUOTE="Dr_Brocoli"] This. But, Christian propaganda says otherwise.

Why do you think atheists kill the most? Are you thinking Hitler being an atheist? cause he's not. Or are you thinking communists= atheists? cause communists are very religious people. Where did you get your stuff from? Fox news?

Mao Zedong certainly wasn't very religious.
cee1gee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 cee1gee
Member since 2008 • 2042 Posts
[QUOTE="nchan"][QUOTE="cee1gee"][QUOTE="Dr_Brocoli"] This. But, Christian propaganda says otherwise.

Do you know most of the American Government is Atheist? they killed more people in 200 years then christians did in 2000 lol
smc91352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 smc91352
Member since 2009 • 7786 Posts

[QUOTE="nchan"][QUOTE="cee1gee"] if im not mistaken...i think atheists killed the most, then lead by jewish in 2nd, muslim 3rd, christian 4thcee1gee

Do you know most of the American Government is Atheist? they killed more people in 200 years then christians did in 2000 lol

but not specifically because they're Atheists. And I still fail to see why a religion (or lack of) -'s death toll is relevant to their accuracy.

majwill24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 majwill24
Member since 2004 • 1355 Posts

[QUOTE="cee1gee"][QUOTE="Dr_Brocoli"] This. But, Christian propaganda says otherwise.nchan

He may be thinking about the Soviet Union and China.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178837 Posts

This thread has offended me. Christian and now US bashing. Yay. I feel so loved.

nchan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 nchan
[QUOTE="PannicAtack"][QUOTE="nchan"][QUOTE="cee1gee"] if im not mistaken...i think atheists killed the most, then lead by jewish in 2nd, muslim 3rd, christian 4th

Mao Zedong certainly wasn't very religious.

What are you talking about, he's very religious, just not your typical God-worshiping-devotion--Christian, Islam--kind of religion. In China they have different forms of religion. I bet you didn't know that.