Is there any reason to make clothing out of animals in this day and age?

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by Nibroc420 (13567 posts) -
[QUOTE="Capitan_Kid"][QUOTE="JustPlainLucas"][QUOTE="Capitan_Kid"] I care about not using them for silly things like clothing. We have perfectly substitutable material for it. When tofu can make me a hamburger that is just as good as beef, I'll hop off cows but until then I gotta eat my meat.

No you don't. You can get protein from all sorts of other foods, such as peanut butter and hummus. The reason why you don't want to stop eating animal is because you're accustomed to it, the same reason why people can't stop wearing fur and other animal skins. So, if you truly care about animals, you'll quit being half-assed with your activism and go vegan.

I don't need to go to such extremes to make a valid and sound stand for the stopping of unnecessary killing for clothing.

Who has the right to declare a killing necessary or unnecessary? Isn't all life sacred?
#52 Posted by Sandulf29 (14151 posts) -

Unless you're some developing country I don't see the need to do it. We aren't fvcking cavemen. Do you wear clothing made of animals?

Capitan_Kid

Implying people from developing countries are still cavemen
Leather is animal?! Dammit. I really like leather jackets....Capitan_Kid

OpoQQ.jpg

No wonder people think of you as blithering idiot

#53 Posted by trasherhead (3058 posts) -
I've got a few leather jackets and gloves, A lot of stuff made with sheep's wool and a few sheep skins with fur on the sofa. So yes. And I do not see the problem with it, it is no different then food production. The animals should on the other hand be treated with dignity and respect and have a good life up until is it killed. I also eat whale :)
#54 Posted by airshocker (29042 posts) -

Leather is animal?! Dammit. I really like leather jackets....Capitan_Kid

...:lol:

#55 Posted by Celldrax (14565 posts) -

It would be worse to just let the hides all go to waste.

Better to make something useful out of it than go unused. So yeah... for as long as we continue to kill animals for their meat, there'll always be leather made for various things as well.

#56 Posted by WiiCubeM1 (4727 posts) -

Meh.

#57 Posted by Diablo-B (4030 posts) -
[QUOTE="Capitan_Kid"][QUOTE="JustPlainLucas"][QUOTE="Capitan_Kid"] I care about not using them for silly things like clothing. We have perfectly substitutable material for it. When tofu can make me a hamburger that is just as good as beef, I'll hop off cows but until then I gotta eat my meat.

No you don't. You can get protein from all sorts of other foods, such as peanut butter and hummus. The reason why you don't want to stop eating animal is because you're accustomed to it, the same reason why people can't stop wearing fur and other animal skins. So, if you truly care about animals, you'll quit being half-assed with your activism and go vegan.

I don't need to go to such extremes to make a valid and sound stand for the stopping of unnecessary killing for clothing.

Then I don't need to go to extremes to stop wearing the fashion that I deem necessary. Just following your example.
#58 Posted by Capitan_Kid (6537 posts) -
[QUOTE="Diablo-B"][QUOTE="Capitan_Kid"][QUOTE="JustPlainLucas"] No you don't. You can get protein from all sorts of other foods, such as peanut butter and hummus. The reason why you don't want to stop eating animal is because you're accustomed to it, the same reason why people can't stop wearing fur and other animal skins. So, if you truly care about animals, you'll quit being half-assed with your activism and go vegan.

Then I don't need to go to extremes to stop wearing the fashion that I deem necessary. Just following your example.

Not buying leather is extreme to you?