Is there any creature more disturbing than this?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17859 Posts

WHY IS THIS EVEN A THING?

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Nah. I think leeches are worse, especially when they latch on.

Celldrax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Celldrax
Member since 2005 • 15053 Posts

I thought that rippling effect looked pretty cool.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

I no longer want to live on a planet co-inhabited with this thing...

The way it incessantly and systematically rippled was like its getting ready to spawn a swarm of little doomsday creatures. I liked the background sound and lighting though, befitting of the video it felt like an exploration tale of some sort.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 br0kenrabbit

@GazaAli said:

The way it incessantly and systematically rippled was like its getting ready to spawn a swarm of little doomsday creatures.

30,000 eggs a day over a 20+ year lifespan.

I'm doing some personal studies of insect evolution and am focusing on the reproductives of social insects ATM. Queen Ants and Bees I can handle. That thing up there...just no.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

@br0kenrabbit said:

@GazaAli said:

The way it incessantly and systematically rippled was like its getting ready to spawn a swarm of little doomsday creatures.

30,000 eggs a day over a 20+ year lifespan.

I'm doing some personal studies of insect evolution and am focusing on the reproductives of social insects ATM. Queen Ants and Bees I can handle. That thing up there...just no.

30,000 eggs a day? And over a +20 years lifespan? What? It has to be making up for some ecological or environmental disadvantage otherwise termites would be claiming the world for themselves.

By the way I despise queen ants just as vehemently since I generally despise big ants strains and the queen is usually more hideous and fatter/bulkier with wings. What an abomination. I come across them from time to time in our front yard especially around springtime and sometimes after heavy rains in the winter.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 br0kenrabbit

@GazaAli said:

30,000 eggs a day? And over a +20 years lifespan? What? It has to be making up for some ecological or environmental disadvantage otherwise termites would be claiming the world for themselves.

By the way I despise queen ants just as vehemently since I generally despise big ants strains and the queen is usually more hideous and fatter/bulkier with wings. What an abomination. I come across them from time to time in our front yard especially around springtime and sometimes after heavy rains in the winter.

Fun fact: The weight of all the ants on Earth is roughly equal to the weight of all humans on Earth.

Good day.

Brutal_Elitegs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Brutal_Elitegs
Member since 2004 • 16426 Posts
Loading Video...

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

I've always been more creeped out by maggots. I'm a bug person myself, I love bugs and have enjoyed watchuing them my entire life. I even like roaches. To me there's just something kinfd of cute and adorable about their behavior and the way they meticulously clean themselves. I don't know...their mannerisms are sort of easy to personify. Like mantids, their twitchy head movements make me think of curiousity and intelligence, and there's just something adorable about how they constantly live in trash and then act like it's okay because they lick the scum off of their bodies afterwards. I can sort of a roach as being a character from a Disney cartoon movie or something. If you ever REALLY watch them, they're kind of cute, I guess. If nothing else, I can watch them writhing in agony after I douse them with poison, and it looks a little bit sad. I can relate to them on some level. Same with spiders. Spiders are kind of cute in a certain way. The one "bug" I've ever really had a problem with was the maggot. And I think it mostly boils down to how they move. They don't have legs, they don't have visible heads or eyes. The are just pulsating lumps of organic tissue that pulsate in a way that just kind of disturbs me. It's like...so hypnotic and so unrelatabvle and so disgusting, all at the same time. I can't relate to them the same way I can relate to a bee or a spider or a termite. And they're just so gross. Not just because of where they tend to be found, but because of how they just pulsate and quiver in an orgy-like way. But somehow, all of that throbbing and convulsing and pulsating is strangely hypnotivc, like watching a horrifying lava lamp. Those things are just fascinating to watch. When I see a mound of maggotds, I just can't look away. But at the same time, it's really fucking gross and it disturbs me to the core of my very soul. Anyway, some of my favorite maggots...

1) I like the maggot of the black soldier fly. It lacks the disgusting fleshy component of many other maggots, and makes up for it by being encased in a hardened armor-plated exoskeleton. It';s still a maggot, but it's like a maggot that's wearing a badass suit of body armor. That's kind of cool.

2) I also like the maggot of whast (I think) is the blue bottle fly. These maggots are nice and big, so you can get a pretty good detailed look at them fairly easily. They're also among the more fleshy maggots on this list, which makes them really disturbing. But I think my favorite aspect is how one side of the maggot frequently opens wide up, revealing a giant hole. I don't know if it's the mouth side or the ass side that does this. Seeing them is already horrifying enough to make me stop paying attention to those details. But then one side (I think it's the ass side) opens wide up. Watch two doxzen of these things wrihe and throb together in a mound of rotting guts, and that's bad enough in a strangely orgiastic display of utter vulagarity. And then suddenly you see half a dozebn of them do a goatse while you're watching, and that'll just ruin your day. Tghat whole pulsating mound of flesh is already disturbingly sexual and orgiastic enough, to the point of being disturbing. And then they point their asses at you and open wide up. Shit makes me want to vomit.

3) On a few occasions I've also seen hairy maggots. I don't know what kind of fly these turn into, but the concept of a maggots with hair kind of amuses me. These actually combine characteristics of previously mentioned maggots. They're white and sort of pale fleshy-colored like the blue bottle fly maggot, but they seem more hard-skinned. They don't pulsate and quiver like the blue bottle fly maggots, they move more like they're covered with a hard exoskeleton sort of like the black soldier fly maggots. But the hair ifs the thing that I like the most. It's a maggot with hair. That's kind of funny, in a way.

4) But if I had to vote for my absolutel favorite maggot, I thing it would be the rat-tailed maggot. Unlike the other maggots on this list, this maggot doesn't live in festering piles of rotting meat. It's mostly a vegetarian maggot, and eats rotting plant material. It also lives in aquatic or semi-aquatic conditions, and has a fleshy tail protruding from its ass. From this fleshy tail, it can extend what seems to be a large 2 inch long needle-like appendage. And of all rthe maggots I've listed, this is the loosest fleshiest soggiest of the bunch. it's such a soggy bag of shit that its skin is transparent and you can look right at it and see shit going through its guts. It's a sad-looking bag of water that looks like it will break at the slightest touch, then suddenly a 2 inch long erect black needle shoots out its backside like it's gobnna stab you. It's not gonna stab you though, that's just a breathing tube. But it looks disgustingly e;legant. I like backlighting things to show them as if they are illuminated and radiant, and these maggots would probably be perfect for that. Unfortunately, I don't find them fvery often. Last time I found some, I put them in a jar of water and fed them dog food. but I think I accidentally killed them. The next day, they were all dead. My hyposthesis is that the dog food contained too manyu animal wfats. This left a layer of oil over the water. So when the maggots extended their braeathing tubes to the surface, that only went as far as the WATER"S surface. And then the layer of oil above the water ended up drowning them.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 br0kenrabbit

@MrGeezer said:

0.o

We ain't gonna hang out no more, k?

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#13 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

looks delicious

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

Looks like a boss from dark souls.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#15 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

Yeah, my momma...I messed up that joke didn't I? >_>

Anyway, while I wouldn't want a bunch of those crawling around my house it looks quite cool.

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

What would come out if you made a small incision on it's body?

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17 deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

And why don't Zerg Queens in Starcraft look that creepy?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#18 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#19 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts

How much to eat it?

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 br0kenrabbit

@Storm_Marine said:

What would come out if you made a small incision on it's body?

The four horsemen of the apocalypse, I think.

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts

@br0kenrabbit said:
Loading Video...

WHY IS THIS EVEN A THING?

Looks like an American

VaguelyTagged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 VaguelyTagged
Member since 2009 • 10702 Posts

that was truly fascinating. i love insects.
i just leave this here as an appreciation gift.

Loading Video...