Is there an age limit on gaming ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By LexLas
Member since 2005 • 7317 Posts

With games getting more challenging, and there are not many out there that consist of pure fun, Do you think there is an age limit to gaming ? What age do you think that be ?

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 deeliman
Member since 2013 • 4027 Posts

No.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

negetive

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

@LexLas said:

With games getting more challenging, and there are not many out there that consist of pure fun, Do you think there is an age limit to gaming ? What age do you think that be ?

Games getting more challenging....lol (so wish we had emotes) Games are a joke challenge wise compared to when I was a kid. You are too old when you can no longer pick up and hold a controller.

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 LexLas
Member since 2005 • 7317 Posts

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@LexLas said:

Games getting more challenging....lol (so wish we had emotes) Games are a joke challenge wise compared to when I was a kid. You are too old when you can no longer pick up and hold a controller.

What do you mean ? Back in the day my parents i'm sure can play PacMan, or Donkey Kong, or Popeye. These days there is no way they can play Halo, or Call of Duty ? Ya know what i mean ..

ultimate-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ultimate-k
Member since 2010 • 2348 Posts

Nope, don't let society tell you what to do and think!

1PMrFister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#8  Edited By 1PMrFister
Member since 2010 • 3134 Posts

@thegerg said:

No, there isn't.

Next question: Is there an age limit on eating sandwiches?

Are you referring to the age of the sandwich itself, or the age of the person eating it? There are very different answers here.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

@LexLas said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@LexLas said:

What do you mean ? Back in the day my parents i'm sure can play PacMan, or Donkey Kong, or Popeye. These days there is no way they can play Halo, or Call of Duty ? Ya know what i mean ..

Let me know when you can beat the old Ninja Gaiden games, old Contra games, and old Megaman games as easy as you can games like CoD or Halo. I find it sad that you think of games like CoD and Halo as hard.

LordQuorthon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 LordQuorthon
Member since 2008 • 5803 Posts

According to system wars, only if the video game has colors.

Brain_Duster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Brain_Duster
Member since 2013 • 473 Posts

Yes, 14.

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By WhiteKnight77
Member since 2003 • 12605 Posts

@LexLas said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@LexLas said:

When you can shoot torpedoes in the Silent Hunter series of games (except 5) using manual targeting (meaning finding the firing solution yourself), then you can say that games are not challenging. Doing so requires the use of trigonometry. I do not see many youngens playing said series of games and while active on the Ubi forums way back when, the average age of those who played said games was pushing 40+.

Another game that tends to draw an older crowd is MS Flight Simulator due to the fact that it attracts many pilots as well as those who have more disposable income than kids who rely on parents to buy the games that are wanted. Such people tend to follow the procedures to start an aircraft from cold and dark then fly following ATC procedures as well as creating proper flight plans, something that kids who just want to play CoD do not want to do.

loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 loco145
Member since 2006 • 12226 Posts

"If you still game after 18, you are a man-child".