Is the "Islamization of Europe" a real phenomenon?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

With Europe's declining fertility rates and increasing death rates among native ethnic groups, and high birth rates among non-Western immigrants (many if not most of whom originate from Islamic countries), is it possible that Europe would essentially blend in with the East demographically before this century is up?

Toph_Girl250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Toph_Girl250
Member since 2008 • 48978 Posts

Definitely something hard to predict, but I sure hope not. I (and I'm sure many others) definitely do not want Europe (or any other country/continent for that matter) becoming anything like the Middle East.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 alim298
Member since 2012 • 2747 Posts

I've never heard of such thing. Are Europeans really only letting immigrants (regardless of their religion) in because they have low fertility rate? Aside from the obvious brain drain which the west is immensely benefiting from that's a really stupid move.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

@alim298 said:

I've never heard of such thing. Are Europeans really only letting immigrants (regardless of their religion) in because they have low fertility rate? Aside from the obvious brain drain which the west is immensely benefiting from that's a really stupid move.

It is not entirely stupid. A declining population is economically unsustainable; you end up with a disproportionate ratio of dependents to be supported by a shrinking working population. Immigration seems to be the only solution as you can't force people to procreate. Look up demographic transition I believe it'll make sense to you. This is pretty much why immigration is a big thing in Europe and other western nations, contrary to what is mostly being propagated and promoted which is the benevolence and transcendentality of these nations. The only stark example of immigration based on different inclinations is the U.S which isn't suffering from a declining population, not to my knowledge at least. The immigration policies there seem to be based entirely on brain-drain incentives and other forms of "recruitment of assets of national interest" and I'm not necessarily using that against anyone.

I said it is not entirely stupid because there's some stupidity into it. It merely prolongs the inevitable unless something is actually done about the plummeting fertility rates and the practices that are resulting in them. As such, even if there's something as the islamization of Europe which I believe to be nothing but irrational fear-mongering and intermittent panicking fits, Muslims aren't to blame for it. If the natural course of history and nature is resulting in the disintegration of something and its fading away then trying to assign culpability or responsibility is a moot undertaking. If Muslims grow to become a majority in Europe which is something that I personally don't lose any sleep thinking about it one way or another, then Europe is rightfully theirs.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

@GazaAli said:

@alim298 said:

It merely prolongs the inevitable unless something is actually done about the plummeting fertility rates and the practices that are resulting in them.

Which is what exactly?

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Master_Live

aretilda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#8 aretilda
Member since 2014 • 499 Posts

The Islam religion needs to die, seriously it should be made illegal it causes too much violence. Religion of peace HA!

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#9 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

Not everyone from the Middle east practices Islam and that's a perfect example of stereotyping.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GazaAli

Comments such as "Islam needs to die" always amuse me. We're not going anywhere deal with it.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts
@MarcRecon said:

Not everyone from the Middle east practices Islam and that's a perfect example of stereotyping.

Almost all countries in the Middle East have a Muslim majority population.

@GazaAli said:

Comments such as "Islam needs to die" always amuse me. We're not going anywhere deal with it.

Indeed. Comments like that would make Hitler proud. It's scary that people actually think genocide is the way to solve the problem of religious extremism.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

If extrimists continue likes this ( killing, bullying ) in european countries i'm afraid they will throw muslims away from thier country or start a war, forget islamisation, there will be no islam left on europe :(

But yeah, if they decide to calm down and co exist peacefully everything will be great for everyone in euro.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GazaAli

@gamerguru100 said:
@GazaAli said:

Indeed. Comments like that would make Hitler proud. It's scary that people actually think genocide is the way to solve the problem of religious extremism.

I think it goes to show that extremism or whatever you might call it isn't a trait of a specific doctrine or people.

aretilda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#15 aretilda
Member since 2014 • 499 Posts
@gamerguru100 said:

I was just strictly talking about the religion. You misunderstand.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#16  Edited By GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

@aretilda said:
@gamerguru100 said:

I was just strictly talking about the religion. You misunderstand.

That hardly makes your comment acceptable. As long as people don't practice in extreme ways, all religions deserve to exist.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#17 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

@GreySeal9:

Agreed

Barbariser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#18 Barbariser
Member since 2009 • 6785 Posts

It's a silly idea unsupported by current demographic trends, which show that Muslims will only comprise 8% of the population in 2030 and that fertility rates between Muslims and non-Muslims are converging. Muslim nations also have faster income growth than European ones due to their low development levels, so Muslim immigration in the future will probably fall.

osirisx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 osirisx3
Member since 2012 • 2113 Posts

NO, its nothing more then a bunch of xenophobes and reactionaries.

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

Give it ten years and I can see European borders becoming substantially more difficult to navigate for those from outside. Muslim or not. Just using England as an example, people are unhappy with the current immigration policies and as a result we are seeing an increase in the popularity of political parties who propose radical changes to that immigration policy.

If things get to hairy the people will end up picking an immigration policy that suits them. Its certainly nothing to worry about.

I cant blame individuals in tough circumstances for wanting to improve their quality of life, equally I think countries and their powers that be have a responsibility to maintain the quality of life for their current population...which could include not allowing it to grow disproportionately through immigration.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

@always_explicit said:

Give it ten years and I can see European borders becoming substantially more difficult to navigate for those from outside. Muslim or not. Just using England as an example, people are unhappy with the current immigration policies and as a result we are seeing an increase in the popularity of political parties who propose radical changes to that immigration policy.

If things get to hairy the people will end up picking an immigration policy that suits them. Its certainly nothing to worry about.

I cant blame individuals in tough circumstances for wanting to improve their quality of life, equally I think countries and their powers that be have a responsibility to maintain the quality of life for their current population...which could include not allowing it to grow disproportionately through immigration.

Well I think alot of that fear mongering is in port due to the difference between an immigrant and a refugee. Someone made a snart remark the last time I mentioned that alot of the people comming to Europe are Refugees from the middle East, NOT Immigrants, they are not there by choice, and often mentally damaged through what wars, fears and horrors have put them through.

As such they are easy to spot in society, bordering themselves in within small establishments wanting nothing to do with the World around them, doing what they can to guard what Little they still know, as it was not a choice. It is also those which cost alot of Money from a state to uphold, as very few ever gets a job, and most spend alot of time fighting mental illness and depression (Going by the numbers of this Country). Ironically I think it would be better for Refugees to be somewhere closer to the social norms and societies they know, I would not like to have to go somewhere with norms I could not accept, and be required to follow those, I am not there by choice.

The real issue comes with when Refugees has children that grows up with unstabile parents, or perhaps worse, children WHO unlike the parents fully Embrace the western society (and by all intents and purposes turns away from thier parants. I shit you not when by far the most killings in this country stems from honor killings between parent and children, both alien, but one following social norms completely incompatible with western values.

Point Being, In alot of European Countries Middle Easterns are often a focal point of news, and due to the banding together can seem like they try to "take over" parts of a city. In reality there is not that many Refugees per country, but due to what they have been through they are over prepresented in crime statistics, and bad press.

I would wish people stopped saying "muslims" as it is not muslims the West have issues with, but some of the social norms of part of the middle East, which we, sadly, are fundementally are incompatible with. An Immigrant on the flip side tends to travel to EU by own free will, in order to get education, job, get a wider Horizon, they might also be from the Middle East, but from stabile countries, and you know, not been through war.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

Not really

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#23 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

I don't think that concept has to do with declining fertility rates and immigration... it has more to do with people in positions of power bending over backwards and accepting Islamic demands for special treatment and allowing them to impose sharia law inside their own community.

Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

Pedophilia is gonna rise dramatically.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Master_Live

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

Pedophilia is gonna rise dramatically.

lol

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By GazaAli

@foxhound_fox said:

I don't think that concept has to do with declining fertility rates and immigration... it has more to do with people in positions of power bending over backwards and accepting Islamic demands for special treatment and allowing them to impose sharia law inside their own community.

People are free to impose whatever verbal laws they desire to impose among themselves for the arranging of their social and personal life. Also, those who don't approve of them are just as free not to observe such laws and have the legal system to turn to. Besides, I question the validity of this alleged imposition of Sharia law inside Muslim communities in Europe. Its not that certain households do not do that but that's pretty much the case everywhere with people from all sorts of cultural, religious and even political backgrounds. What I'm contending here is the mass adoption of Sharia law in these communities keeping in mind that it isn't imposed in the sweeping majority of Muslim countries so to believe that it is realized in foreign countries that are the complete antithesis of it is indeed pushing the envelope.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 foxhound_fox

@GazaAli said:

@foxhound_fox said:

People are free to impose whatever verbal laws they desire to impose among themselves for the arranging of their social and personal life. Also, those who don't approve of them are just as free not to observe such laws and have the legal system to turn to. Besides, I question the validity of this alleged imposition of Sharia law inside Muslim communities in Europe. Its not that certain households do not do that but that's pretty much the case everywhere with people from all sorts of cultural, religious and even political backgrounds. What I'm contending here is the mass adoption of Sharia law in these communities keeping in mind that it isn't imposed in the sweeping majority of Muslim countries so to believe that it is realized in foreign countries that are the complete antithesis of it is indeed pushing the envelope.

No they don't. They can't enforce laws that run contrary to the country's laws, especially if they violate the rights of members of the community.

Toph_Girl250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Toph_Girl250
Member since 2008 • 48978 Posts

I do know that not all Muslims are bad, (So far this really happening in Europe appears unlikely anyway) but just in case, Europe should definitely be cautious with this situation (though it looks like they already are) if Europe wants to allow some Muslims in, I mean it should seem fine, but one problem is, isn't there like, not really a way to tell the difference between Muslims and Muslim Extremists?

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 foxhound_fox

@Toph_Girl250 said:

I do know that not all Muslims are bad, (So far this really happening in Europe appears unlikely anyway) but just in case, Europe should definitely be cautious with this situation (though it looks like they already are) if Europe wants to allow some Muslims in, I mean it should seem fine, but one problem is, isn't there like, not really a way to tell the difference between Muslims and Muslim Extremists?

Asking them about the validity of the Hadith is a good place to start. Most moderates don't place the Qur'an and Hadith on the same scale in terms of "from God".

Strakha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Strakha
Member since 2003 • 1824 Posts

It's impossible to predict the future based on current trends but current population statistics do show a sharp decline in birth rates in the EU and population growth only occurring due to non-EU immigration. If these trends continue you will see significant demographic changes in the near future and especially in the EU nations which are the most popular migration destinations such as the UK and France or nations in close proximity to migration centres such as Spain and Italy.

Total fertility rate: 1.60 children born/woman (Replacement rate is considered 2.01 and strangely that is also the exact fertility rate in the US currently)

Net migration rate: 2.22 migrant(s)/1,000 population (US net migration rate is 2.45 migrant(s)/1,000 population and both are among the highest compared to other nations. Japan for example has 0 migrant(s)/1,000 population and obviously many less developed nations have negative migration)

Expand the "people and society" section to view quoted statistics and click on the "select a country" tab in the link below to view statistics of other nations or select individual EU nations.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/ee.html

yngsten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By yngsten
Member since 2011 • 463 Posts

yngsten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By yngsten
Member since 2011 • 463 Posts

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By alim298

@foxhound_fox said:

@Toph_Girl250 said:

Asking them about the validity of the Hadith is a good place to start. Most moderates don't place the Qur'an and Hadith on the same scale in terms of "from God".

You're making a great point here. I don't understand why some people give hadith the same credit as Quran. I seriously believe that the belief that sahih hadiths or whatever should be employed hand in hand with Quran was invented at some point in history and never actually was part of Islam. Muhammad (pbuh) didn't order his hadiths to be written nor did any of his sahabah or descendants (probably). Although sunnah has always been part of Islam and it's stupid to say otherwise it doesn't mean we should follow hadith the same way we follow Quran. It's unfortunate. When you tell this to people they label you as Quranist. It's a false accusation. No matter how you look at it hadith will never be as authentic as Quran to begin with let alone as important as Quran.

As I said I really believe that this is something people invented in Islam by themselves. I've read Al-Ghazali's "Alchemy of happiness" and in that book he goes in great lengths explaining that if someone doesn't feel the urge to get married he doesn't have to get married which is contrary to a sahih hadith that says marriage is part of sunnah and whoever refuses the sunnah is not from the prophet. Al-Ghazali wasn't a Shia or a Quranist. He was the best of the golden age so there you go.

I would want to point fingers at the new Wahhabi and Salafi movements that instead of returning to the roots of Islam by returning to Quran returned to hadith, a part of Islam that has seen many ups and downs, fabrications etc. and mostly is about how our prophet lived his worldly live. World changes and it's stupid to say that our prophet's worldly sunnah would not have changed with it (only apparently though). What matters is his spiritual sunnah and his ethics which are time-independent.

Do these salafis really believe that when our prophet said the Muslims of his generation were the best Muslims it was mainly because they acted exactly according to the sharia (which is what sunnah tells you and is for the better of society) or was it mainly because they acted according to Quran which tells you to be careful of your deeds establish prayers pay charity and always remember that eventually you will return to God? (which is what Quran tells you and is for the better of yourself)

BboyStatix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By BboyStatix
Member since 2007 • 651 Posts

@alim298: But even referring to all the sahih hadiths I cannot find anywhere a justification for what the terrorists are doing. The sahih hadiths have a very very strong chain of narration. Without them, we wouldn't know about the rules of war, such as kind treatment of prisoners of war, not instilling fear into them, not torturing them. The hadiths also give us insight and deeper understanding of the verses of the Qur'an. You shouldn't just cherry pick which sahih hadith you think is acceptable to you and what isn't. Sahih means authentic and I do not think we have any say in determining its authencity. Imam Bukhari travelled all over the land to collect these hadiths.

Read this link to understand the compilation of hadith. http://www.inter-islam.org/Biographies/imambukhari.html

Remember he collected over 300,000 hadith and could only class 2,602 as sahih. I'm trying to make you realize how authentic a hadith must be to attain that status. I repeat again, the chain of narration must be extremely strong to be classed as sahih. The classification below that is 'hasan' meaning good. I wouldn't blame you for having doubts on the authenticity of hasan hadiths. And below that is daif(weak). The misguided people mainly make use of the daif(weak) hadiths.

Hope that clarifies the matter :)

But I must confess. Only Allah knows who is speaking the truth.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By alim298

@BboyStatix said:

@alim298: But even referring to all the sahih hadiths I cannot find anywhere a justification for what the terrorists are doing. The sahih hadiths have a very very strong chain of narration. Without them, we wouldn't know about the rules of war, such as kind treatment of prisoners of war, not instilling fear into them, not torturing them. The hadiths also give us insight and deeper understanding of the verses of the Qur'an. You shouldn't just cherry pick which sahih hadith you think is acceptable to you and what isn't. Sahih means authentic and I do not think we have any say in determining its authencity. Imam Bukhari travelled all over the land to collect these hadiths.

Read this link to understand the compilation of hadith. http://www.inter-islam.org/Biographies/imambukhari.html

Remember he collected over 300,000 hadith and could only class 2,602 as sahih. I'm trying to make you realize how authentic a hadith must be to attain that status. I repeat again, the chain of narration must be extremely strong to be classed as sahih. The classification below that is 'hasan' meaning good. I wouldn't blame you for having doubts on the authenticity of hasan hadiths. And below that is daif(weak). The misguided people mainly make use of the daif(weak) hadiths.

Hope that clarifies the matter :)

There are some very questionable ahadith in the two sahihs. And saying you should look at the context doesn't justify it. I don't know about the two sahihs but Al-Ghazali in the beginning of each of his books states that his books are not free of wrong. Why can't the same thing be said about sahih ahadith? There are various things that make a hadith authentic. Only one of them is the chain of narration. But couldn't someone fabricate the chain of narration itself? Or couldn't the narrator make a mistake?

It is obligatory for you to listen to the ruler and obey him in adversity and prosperity, in pleasure and displeasure, and even when another person is given (rather undue) preference over you.(Sahih Muslim, Book 33, Hadith 52)

The Prophet said, "Whoever disapproves of something done by his ruler then he should be patient, for whoever disobeys the ruler even a little (little = a span) will die as those who died in the Pre-lslamic Period of Ignorance. (i.e. as rebellious Sinners). (Sahih al-Bukhari, Vol. 9, Book 88, Hadith 176)

According to above ahadith, we should be patient with the ISIS, the west and every corrupted government. We shouldn't even hold protests. This is an obvious fabrication by ummayad caliphs and it's just one of the many examples. All those so-called Arab revolutions? Yep. They were against the word of our prophet according to these ahadith.

Then we have this Quranic verse:

[permission is given to those who fight because they were wronged. allah has power to grant them victory]

I rather side with Quran than hadith. Quran is the exact words of God. Hadith is the work of men and even if we agree that all the chains and stuff are correct you can't deny the possibility that maybe someone simply made a mistake in narrating a certain hadith.

It's not about whether we need hadith or not. Sure we do. But people sometimes give it way more credit than it deserves. It's like saying Muhammad (pbuh) is more important than God biting my tongue.

BboyStatix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 BboyStatix
Member since 2007 • 651 Posts

@alim298: Hmm what you said makes a great deal of sense. The chain may be strong but the hadith that was being narrated from person to person may itself have been a fabrication all along. I see now. Though there is also the factor that sahih is also defined by the truthfulness of the narrators themselves. But this seems to raise more questions than answers. Who can be defined as truthful?

As for the hadith you mentioned it is not as simple as what you state. According to http://islamqa.info/en/9911 it is not permitted to remove an evil by means of a greater evil. If rebellion would result in greater trouble and lead to chaos, oppression and the assassination of people who do not deserve to be assassinated, and other forms of major evil, then that is not permitted. Therefore we should be patient.

But whether that means obeying the likes of Bashar Al Assad, I have absolutely no idea mate.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 GazaAli

@foxhound_fox said:

@GazaAli said:

@foxhound_fox said:

No they don't. They can't enforce laws that run contrary to the country's laws, especially if they violate the rights of members of the community.

I'm fairly confident that they are. Basically, the arrangement that I described falls under the umbrella of what most of you constantly flaunt around and parade: consent as the chief foundation of every social arrangement or personal association. If some people, men and women alike, say in Belgium decided that we'd like women to wear a scarf in the presence of a marriageable kin without any coercive means for the observance of such a consensual agreement, who's to say they can't? How is this any different from someone wanting his/her partner to engage in some fetish or lewd sexual behavior consensually? In what way are these people instating laws that run contrary to the state's counterparts?

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 alim298

@BboyStatix said:

@alim298: Hmm what you said makes a great deal of sense. The chain may be strong but the hadith that was being narrated from person to person may itself have been a fabrication all along. I see now. Though there is also the factor that sahih is also defined by the truthfulness of the narrators themselves. But this seems to raise more questions than answers. Who can be defined as truthful?

As for the hadith you mentioned it is not as simple as what you state. According to http://islamqa.info/en/9911 it is not permitted to remove an evil by means of a greater evil. If rebellion would result in greater trouble and lead to chaos, oppression and the assassination of people who do not deserve to be assassinated, and other forms of major evil, then that is not permitted. Therefore we should be patient.

But whether that means obeying the likes of Bashar Al Assad, I have absolutely no idea mate.

I read through the link. I'm not convinced. The earth belongs to God not tyrants. Especially if those tyrants are making Islam look bad. I don't think God would want me to keep silence in the face of oppression:

[allah does not love the shouting of evil words, except by he who has been wronged. he is the hearer, the knower.]

By Quranic logic God wants me to state my anger publicly. Even if it's evil or harsh or agitating words. By hadith logic however I should just shut up and let the oppressor corrupt the earth. That is what hadith has to say regarding corrupter. This is what Quran has to say regarding corrupter:

[The recompense of those who make war against allah and his messenger and spread corruption in the land is that they are to be killed or crucified, or have their hand and a foot cut off on opposite sides, or be expelled from the land. for them is shame in this world and a great punishment in the everlasting life]

According to this Quranic verse we shouldn't just let them be in this world in hopes of them getting their punishment in the afterlife. We should punish the likes of Assad in this world too. It's obligatory.

But anyways I think I've derailed this thread long enough. :-)

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By GazaAli

@alim298: Generally speaking I usually abstain from partaking in such debates about the core of the Islamic creed as I'm no where near close of being an authority on the matter nor do I think it is a beneficial undertaking for the most part. With that said, I will just throw in my two cents considering the fact that this is not the first time I read some of your posts disputing certain aspects of the faith. Just because some Hadiths are possibly fallacious that's not an invitation to repudiate the entire sunna and abolish it as a source of Islamic jurisprudence or legislation. I'd argue that it is rather an invitation to scrutinize the Hadiths attempting to refine the sunna in general. What's more is the fact that one should never lose sight of his own irremediable fallibility which is something I'm sure that you observed yourself with respect to matters of temporal and heavenly nature alike. I ask you to keep that in mind as you attempt to make sense of a Hadith. On the topic of rebelling against a ruler, I'm not aware of the full set of Islamic rules governing the matter but I will ask you to reconsider the very same example you mentioned, the so call Arab uprising. Consider what it did in Egypt, Palestine, Syria, Tunisia and let's not forget about Libya.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 alim298

@GazaAli said:

@alim298: Generally speaking I usually abstain from partaking in such debates about the core of the Islamic creed as I'm no where near close of being an authority on the matter nor do I think it is a beneficial undertaking for the most part. With that said, I will just throw in my two cents considering the fact that this is not the first time I read some of your posts disputing certain aspects of the faith. Just because some Hadiths are possibly fallacious that's not an invitation to repudiate the entire sunna and abolish it as a source of Islamic jurisprudence or legislation. I'd argue that it is rather an invitation to scrutinize the Hadiths attempting to refine the sunna in general. What's more is the fact that one should never lose sight of his own irremediable fallibility which is something I'm sure that you observed yourself with respect to matters of temporal and heavenly nature alike. I ask you to keep that in mind as you attempt to make sense of a Hadith.

I concur. Also I don't think I ever said we need to change the sunnah. You can't change the sunnah. In fact I said the law in countries like saudi arabia is not sharia law even though they claim it to be. The point I tried to make then was that to see only the obvious meaning of ahadith isn't enough if we're going to use them to extract laws that are eventually going to be applied to modern societies that are vastly different from a society belonging to 1400 years ago.

@GazaAli said:

On the topic of rebelling against a ruler, I'm not aware of the full set of Islamic rules governing the matter but I will ask you to reconsider the very same example you mentioned, the so call Arab uprising. Consider what it did in Egypt, Palestine, Syria, Tunisia and let's not forget about Libya.

From a religious point of view those revolutions were bound to fail. The name speaks for itself. "Arab spring" not "Islamic spring". I don't think those revolutions were according to Islam and sunnah and that's why they failed. You can't ask someone for guidance, then do something entirely different and then blame that person for your failure. These revolutions were centered on the idea of Arab supremacy and fascism. At least that's my opinion. They were not based on Islamic thinking.

Is revolting against oppressors part of Islam? Yes I believe so. But what I would want to point to is the same thing that split our nation so I'll refrain from doing so but know that I reached this conclusion solely based on Quran. Not to mention that there are other sahih ahadith that support my claim.