Is the iPhone mankind's greatest invention? Ever?

• 159 results
GeekInkINC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 GeekInkINC
Member since 2014 • 206 Posts

Screw the wheel, F*$% the combustion engine, and toss concrete and steel into the depths of hell.

The smartphone is, without a doubt, OUR greatest invention. Steve Jobs will be revered as god to the Cylons in the future. Eventually we will evolve into humans who don't do silly ALS Ice Bucket challenges when the fresh water could be used to save all the starving children in Africa. I mean, JESUS EFFING CHRIST!!

In the future, once everyone in the entire world blindly accepts evolution as our true history, we will focus our efforts towards learning and achieving new things. The smart phone is our first leap into quantum learning, folks.

We have endless information at our finger tips and apps like Facebook, Twitter, and all of Google's shit to keep track of all of us, skulking about like friggin burglars with money bags. But this is okay for now because no one out there really cares about you to actually track you with any harmful or shady intent. Just because it can be done illegally, doesn't mean it will. So when the big corporations finally become super transparent and can't sell our information to third parties anymore, we can live with our smart devices in peace.

Whatever the smart phone evolves into should be credited to Steve Jobs for innovating the smart phone...

MANKIND'S GREATEST INVENTION! EVER!

as of today, who knows what tomo wil brng.

Do you agree? I don't think any other invention tops it.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

User Lists: 0

#2 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

Beer exists.

/thread

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

The internet is the greatest invention since sliced bread.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

No

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

I don't think Steve Jobs created the smart phone. He didn't create anything really...he worked with a lot of people who did though...and was an ass to them lol

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

Yeah totally.

GeekInkINC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GeekInkINC

@Master_Live said:

It used to be. But the smartphone has that and makes it portable. Can't beat that, sonny.

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

The iPhone wasn't even the first smartphone. In fact, the first smartphone turned 20 a few days ago.

GeekInkINC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By GeekInkINC

@ad1x2 said:

The iPhone wasn't even the first smartphone. In fact, the first smartphone turned 20 a few days ago.

Does it feel good being in the minority, kiddo? Hmmm!?

Your "knowledge" of what "really" happened will be lost 500 years from now. They'll laugh at people like you and laud people like me, who truly believe Steve Jobs is to be credited for starting the next phase of human evolution.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#10  Edited By Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

The microprocessor is man's greatest invention.

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

@geekinkinc said:

@ad1x2 said:

Does it feel good being in the minority, kiddo? Hmmm!?

Your "knowledge" of what "really" happened will be lost 500 years from now. They'll laugh at people like you and laud people like me, who truly believe Steve Jobs is to be credited for starting the next phase of human evolution.

GeekInkINC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 GeekInkINC

@speedfreak48t5p: beer kills children

GeekInkINC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By GeekInkINC

@lostrib said:

No

So... you disagree with everything I said? Or are just trying to start a quote chain around yourself for your brilliant response? Sooo selfish.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

I was remarking earlier today that stairs were one of the finest inventions humans have made, aside from the wheel.

I'd say the top-3 are the wheel, stairs and the screw.

And the iPhone wasn't the first smartphone, it was the one that popularized the concept.

SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SambaLele
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts

@geekinkinc said:

@Master_Live said:

It used to be. But the smartphone has that and makes it portable. Can't beat that, sonny.

Can't beat an invention that makes that one such a good invention? Yeah... sure.

I can imagine the inventor of the torch saying the same thing about how it's portable and all, fire just can't beat that, sonny.

GeekInkINC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 GeekInkINC

@SambaLele: There are other/better means to getting fire, Simba. The lighter is a better invention than the torch anyway, but not better than the smart phone.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

I remember watching a TV show about the greatest inventions of all times. I forgot what was number one or what was on the top ten but I do remember cell phones on the list and iPhones aren't the greatest. iPhone just did a lot of things right but they could always improve. I never owned an iPhone only iPad but if the next iPhone is a huge upgrade from the 5, I may ask for it as a gift.

GeekInkINC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By GeekInkINC

@foxhound_fox said:

I was remarking earlier today that stairs were one of the finest inventions humans have made, aside from the wheel.

I'd say the top-3 are the wheel, stairs and the screw.

And the iPhone wasn't the first smartphone, it was the one that popularized the concept.

So had you not thought about the stairs earlier, stairs may have not be included in your list? How fickle of you.

Anyway, the wheel is cool, yea. But it's always just a part of something else better than it.

Screw is a good one. Doesn't touch the smart phone though. So screw what you think, bud.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38675 Posts

the transistor is working it's way up humankind's list of top inventions. it's pretty much at or close to the point that humans have made more of them than anything else.... more than every letter printed in every book ever printed. more than every grain of rice ever grown worldwide over the past 10,000 years.

PurpleLabel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By PurpleLabel
Member since 2014 • 314 Posts

@comp_atkins said:

the transistor is working it's way up humankind's list of top inventions. it's pretty much at or close to the point that humans have made more of them than anything else.... more than every letter printed in every book ever printed. more than every grain of rice ever grown worldwide over the past 10,000 years.

Didn't history channel have a 100 top inventions and the smart phone was number 1?

I for one agree that the iphone is the best invention ever. That's why I'm still using the first gen and I will never upgrade as long as it works. It's how steve jobs envisioned it, and it's perfection.

GeekInkINC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By GeekInkINC

I invite users to list their top 3 inventions of mankind's history if you have time to, or top 8, or top 24, or whatever.

Avatar image for WolfgarTheQuiet
WolfgarTheQuiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

User Lists: 6

#22  Edited By WolfgarTheQuiet
Member since 2010 • 483 Posts

Tesla Tower is the greatest invention destroyed by greedy capitalists. Without Tesla there would be no iphone

GeekInkINC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 GeekInkINC

@WolfgarTheQuiet: Even Capitalism is better than Tesla Tower...

WolfgarTheQuiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By WolfgarTheQuiet

@geekinkinc: Why, cause Tesla Tower provides free energy for everyone. The top 500 have robbed the world wealth trough ways and means including destroying Tesla's work. How can you even think that.

Hope you not serious, cause, no offense but thats not something a smart person would say.

GeekInkINC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 GeekInkINC

@WolfgarTheQuiet: I wasn't serious, hehe. Capitalism is up there though. It laid the foundation for the greatest country/plot of land in the history of the EARTH. Dinosaurs didn't have Capitalism and look at where it got 'em.

achilles614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 achilles614
Member since 2005 • 5310 Posts

@comp_atkins: 100% agreed on the transistor.

GeekInkINC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 GeekInkINC

@achilles614 said:

@comp_atkins: 100% agreed on the transistor.

Y'all two can go make out in the corner for all I care, sheesh.

WolfgarTheQuiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 WolfgarTheQuiet

@geekinkinc: :)

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#29 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

@purplelabel said:

@comp_atkins said:

Didn't history channel have a 100 top inventions and the smart phone was number 1?

I for one agree that the iphone is the best invention ever. That's why I'm still using the first gen and I will never upgrade as long as it works. It's how steve jobs envisioned it, and it's perfection.

Steve didn't invent smart phones or touch screens. Those had been around but not mainstream for awhile.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#30  Edited By foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@comp_atkins said:

When quantum computing takes off, the transistor will be relatively forgotten.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#31 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@KHAndAnime said:

I don't think Steve Jobs created the smart phone. He didn't create anything really...he worked with a lot of people who did though...and was an ass to them lol

Even though this is clearly a troll thread with more than one troll post, i can't help but answer this.

Actually what you probably meant to say was that Jobs didn't "invent" anything new, which is true but Jobs have never claimed he was an inventor, he has numerous times and if you read his biography claimed to be a innovator, meaning he took existing concepts and either added to them or combined them to make a new product, and thats also what he has claimed to be. And Jobs like all self-made men have to be a tough boss who takes no prisoners, otherwise he would have been run over and we would never have had apple be what it is today

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32  Edited By comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38675 Posts

i don't have a full list but #1 imo is and will likely always be writing

i don't see how anything else even comes close.

@foxhound_fox that's why it would never reach #1

GeekInkINC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By GeekInkINC

@comp_atkins: Writing is a good one too. But it's engulfed by a device that makes learning, communication, and networking easier and even makes writing look like an invention made by monkey people. The smart phone is a huge part of human evolution/development. Eventually we will all become one singularity, as the the god of life intended.

SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SambaLele
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts

@geekinkinc said:

@SambaLele: There are other/better means to getting fire, Simba. The lighter is a better invention than the torch anyway, but not better than the smart phone.

There you have it. The lighter is better then the torch at what? Portability? Great. So the smartphone is better then the internet because it's better at being portable Gaekankanc? Thing is: they are not better then fire/internet -> they are useless without it. But fire/internet doesn't depend on one or another specific device (portable or not) to exist and function.

Though I'm not saying the internet or the fire is the greatest invention of all time, because there simply isn't such a thing. Though I see you are just trolling.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35  Edited By thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

The Iphone is not the first or even the best smartphone, I'd actually rank it lower down in the list of current smart phones out now.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

I'm going to stick with Soap as the greatest invention.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

take away the internet and where does the iPhone stand?

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#38 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3862 Posts

The printing press that led to the ready access of knowledge that led to everything else invented.

leif3141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By leif3141
Member since 2010 • 133 Posts

Bow and Arrow for sure. Wouldn't have had a mankind without it

GeekInkINC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 GeekInkINC

@Serraph105: That's got nothing to do with anything, Slick. If we start taking away key components to inventions then nothing was actually really invented, ever. The wheel could have been "invented" by some monkey man seeing a log roll down a hill and applying it to everyday use. The wheel was probably the best at one point in time, but other ones took its place.

When an invention functions by taking other inventions and making them even better/ more accessible then should it not be better than it's component? Sure, the wheel is awesome, but the automobile is a better invention.

The smart phone will make humanity function better as a whole. Everyone will have online devices like it in the future and whatever it is will probably be the new best invention. It's my opinion that most of our electric technology like the personal computer, Artificial intelligence, and televisions that increase our potential to learn and share which is why I see the smart phone as the greatest invention because it gives you access to the world.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#42 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

What an interesting TC...it's a mix of troll, ADHD and douche (sorry =P). It might just work!

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@geekinkinc said:

@Master_Live said:

Smart phone didn't invent the internet though. Fail....

And no the iPhone is not the greatest invention ever. Heat and plumbing. /thread

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#44 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

No, I don't even have a smart phone and I don't need one. It is unnecessary.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#45 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

@JimB said:

The printing press that led to the ready access of knowledge that led to everything else invented.

This gets my vote as well.

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#46  Edited By Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts

What a $600 piece of rip off.. and people fail for it.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

@geekinkinc said:

@Serraph105: That's got nothing to do with anything, Slick. If we start taking away key components to inventions then nothing was actually really invented, ever. The wheel could have been "invented" by some monkey man seeing a log roll down a hill and applying it to everyday use. The wheel was probably the best at one point in time, but other ones took its place.

When an invention functions by taking other inventions and making them even better/ more accessible then should it not be better than it's component? Sure, the wheel is awesome, but the automobile is a better invention.

The smart phone will make humanity function better as a whole. Everyone will have online devices like it in the future and whatever it is will probably be the new best invention. It's my opinion that most of our electric technology like the personal computer, Artificial intelligence, and televisions that increase our potential to learn and share which is why I see the smart phone as the greatest invention because it gives you access to the world.

I actually agree with most of what you say (especially the third paragraph), but my point is that a smartphone alone is not the access to the world that you claim it to be. Take away my smartphone and I can still access the world via internet with several other devices. You take away the internet however and just like the smartphone those devices become little more than expensive media players. The internet is what really gives you access to the world's largest source of information, smartphones are just a way of connecting to what is really mankind's greatest invention.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#48 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

@musicalmac, is that you?

GeekInkINC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 GeekInkINC
@SambaLele said:

@geekinkinc said:

There you have it. The lighter is better then the torch at what? Portability? Great. So the smartphone is better then the internet because it's better at being portable Gaekankanc? Thing is: they are not better then fire/internet -> they are useless without it. But fire/internet doesn't depend on one or another specific device (portable or not) to exist and function.

Though I'm not saying the internet or the fire is the greatest invention of all time, because there simply isn't such a thing. Though I see you are just trolling.

The lighter is better than the torch (a creating fire) because it took a previous invention and put it in the palm of your hand to use at any time. Who uses torches anymore anyway? lol

The internet is awesome, yea. DUH! But that phone in your hand can USE the internet to it's full potential (almost, not yet, hopefully soon, though) and you can ALSO Skype your mom OR even be in a business meeting that lands you your future career with this little bugger of a device...

This is you, "OMG! Tesla Tower, the screw, stairs, music, and writing came before so that means it's nothing without it!! Wah Wah Wah!!" So whatever other invention you think "made" the smart phone happen is still great and all, but it's in the past and isn't fine tuned, like the smart phone, to make humans better people overall. Those other things helped us evolve, yea, but the smart device is our first step into accelerated learning and sharing. Once we figure out a way to get an effective online education system going worldwide (I'm talking internet capable devices in the palms of nearly every person in the world), there's no telling what we will be able to achieve with everyone sharing what they know.

I can't believe you don't see it.