Is Stephen Harper the worst prime minister ever?

Posted by samanthademeste (1096 posts) 3 months, 22 days ago

Poll: Is Stephen Harper the worst prime minister ever? (13 votes)

Yes 38%
No 62%

Would you say that Stephen Harper is the worst prime minister ever?

#1 Edited by MonsieurX (29164 posts) -

Nope.

Why do you say he is?

#2 Edited by samanthademeste (1096 posts) -

@MonsieurX:

A lot of Quebecois seem to think so, so I am curious what Canadians outside of Quebec think of him.

#3 Edited by thegerg (14590 posts) -

No. Saddam Hussein come to mind as one who was worse.

#4 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (6538 posts) -

Yes. Horrible man.

#5 Edited by MonsieurX (29164 posts) -

@samanthademeste said:

@MonsieurX:

A lot of Quebecois seem to think so, so I am curious what Canadians outside of Quebec think of him.

Asked your opinion,not the Quebecois opinion.

#6 Edited by samanthademeste (1096 posts) -

@MonsieurX:

I don't know where I would personally rank him in terms of prime ministers. I have heard a lot of bad things about him and some people calling him the worst prime minister ever, which is why I made the poll.

#7 Posted by Behardy24 (2616 posts) -

Don't know who your talking about. Sorry.

#8 Posted by thegerg (14590 posts) -

Nope.

Why do you say he is?

Where did he say that he is?

#9 Edited by MonsieurX (29164 posts) -

@thegerg said:

@MonsieurX said:

Nope.

Why do you say he is?

Where did he say that he is?

Considering the poll's question

#10 Posted by DrKillByDeath84 (371 posts) -

Nope, that honor goes to Pierre Trudeau, it took Canada 20 years to recover from the damage he did to the country.

#11 Edited by one_plum (6325 posts) -

I don't think he's the worst in Canadian history, but he pretty much destroyed much of what made Canada such an admired and respected country in the world.

#12 Edited by WolfgarTheQuiet (160 posts) -

Ever heard of Toni Abbot, now that's a bad one

#13 Edited by mattbbpl (10557 posts) -

LORD PALMERSTON!

#14 Posted by thegerg (14590 posts) -

Benito Mussolini Is another one who was worse.

#15 Posted by BossPerson (9432 posts) -

Nope, that honor goes to Pierre Trudeau, it took Canada 20 years to recover from the damage he did to the country.

national post reader i presume

#16 Edited by jasean79 (2338 posts) -

Don't know who your talking about. Sorry.

x2

#17 Posted by wis3boi (31004 posts) -

Rob Ford 2016

#18 Edited by DrKillByDeath84 (371 posts) -

@BossPerson said:

@DrKillByDeath84 said:

That's were i got that from, good eye. Trudeau was still an ass and i don't think Harper is all that bad.

#19 Posted by pspdseagle (3307 posts) -

@one_plum said:

I don't think he's the worst in Canadian history, but he pretty much destroyed much of what made Canada such an admired and respected country in the world.

Well everyone likes to hate these guys but this is true. Worst thing is he doesn't realize he's a chihuahua trying to look strong. I can't stand how much he caters to potential voters and his attack ads. He will be gone soon, hopefully.

#20 Edited by pspdseagle (3307 posts) -

@BossPerson said:

@DrKillByDeath84 said:

That's were i got that from, good eye. Trudeau was still an ass and i don't think Harper is all that bad.

Nah, Pierre Trudeau is generally regarded as one of the better prime ministers. Sorry to break it to you.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/canada-politics/pierre-trudeau-remains-canada-most-popular-prime-minister-200654553.html

#21 Posted by DrKillByDeath84 (371 posts) -

@DrKillByDeath84 said:

@BossPerson said:

@DrKillByDeath84 said:

Nah, Pierre Trudeau is generally regarded as one of the better prime ministers. Sorry to break it to you.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/canada-politics/pierre-trudeau-remains-canada-most-popular-prime-minister-200654553.html

Break what to me, what other people think? I don't fucking care, i don't like him and that's my opinion.

#22 Edited by LostProphetFLCL (17058 posts) -

@one_plum said:

Lol.....

Anyways, don't know anything about the current situation in Canada, but it sounds to me that if he is pissing off the people of Quebec then he is doing something right!

#23 Edited by DaBrainz (7623 posts) -

I must admit that I have lived less than 10 minutes away from Canada my whole life and have never heard of this guy.

#24 Edited by one_plum (6325 posts) -

@one_plum said:

Lol.....

Anyways, don't know anything about the current situation in Canada, but it sounds to me that if he is pissing off the people of Quebec then he is doing something right!

He's partially the reason why Quebec had to endure a separatist provincial party.

#25 Edited by GamerForca (7073 posts) -

@one_plum said:

which is?

#26 Posted by samanthademeste (1096 posts) -

@LostProphetFLCL:

So the opinions of the Quebecois does not supersede the rest of Canada.

#27 Edited by one_plum (6325 posts) -

@GamerForca said:

@one_plum said:

which is?

Canada's role from a politically neutral and peacekeeping nation to becoming a mouthpiece for the United States' foreign policy (such as taking an extremely one-sided perspecdtive of the Israel-Palestine issue). The shift from a country that was a leader in making the world a cleaner place to a country that promotes exploitation of tar sands and that backed off from the Kyoto Accord. There has also been spending cuts in scientific research.

#28 Posted by brimmul777 (1085 posts) -

@one_plum said:

I agree with this statement.But one of the things Harper did well was keeping Canada above water finacially,where the U.S.and other country's economy is crumbling.

#29 Edited by samanthademeste (1096 posts) -

@brimmul777:

If it was not for the opposition parties Stephen Harper would have deregulated the banks and companies, and shut down non-profit organizations and unions.