This topic is locked from further discussion.

curono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 0

#1 curono
Member since 2005 • 7722 Posts

Saw series have become increasingly--- WORST. Is Saw VI keeping the same trend? I dunno want to spend my time and money on a movie which is worst than SAW V

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts

Judging by the entire series, I would guess that the answer is no. However, I have heard that it is a slight improvement over the recent sequels. That's not saying much, though. The entire series is terrible.

curono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#3 curono
Member since 2005 • 7722 Posts

Judging by the entire series, I would guess that the answer is no. However, I have heard that it is a slight improvement over the recent sequels. That's not saying much, though. The entire series is terrible.

sammyjenkis898
As I said, series have become worst and worst every movie appears.
Avatar image for 194197844077667059316682358889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 194197844077667059316682358889
Member since 2003 • 49173 Posts
Of course not
sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 sammyjenkis898
Of course notxaos
Is it wrong that I laughed at the picture?
sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 sammyjenkis898
[QUOTE="sammyjenkis898"]

curono
As I said, series have become worst and worst every movie appears.

Well, that's saying something. The first one was really bad..
Avatar image for 194197844077667059316682358889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 194197844077667059316682358889
Member since 2003 • 49173 Posts
[QUOTE="xaos"]Of course notsammyjenkis898
Is it wrong that I laughed at the picture?

I'm sure that's what it was there for :)
Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16880 Posts

I can't tell you if it's good or not, but by looking at its to-date totals, it looks like the general public is getting tired of the series in general.

NoctisCaelum52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 NoctisCaelum52
Member since 2009 • 1359 Posts

I Saw Saw 4 4 times and it's bad.

Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Film-Guy
Member since 2007 • 26778 Posts

It is pretty bad, they are really running out of ideas now. The story is getting more and more ridiculous. I liked the first but now it is just a terrible franchise. Though I loved how Paranormal activity, a film that cost 15,000$ to make, beat Saw at the box office:D Maybe it is a sign of things to come.

D3nnyCrane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 D3nnyCrane
Member since 2007 • 12058 Posts

It is pretty bad, they are really running out of ideas now. The story is getting more and more ridiculous. I liked the first but now it is just a terrible franchise. Though I loved how Paranormal activity, a film that cost 15,000$ to make, beat Saw at the box office:D Maybe it is a sign of things to come.

Film-Guy
Didn't Saw start out as a zero budget movie?
pishti_13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 pishti_13
Member since 2009 • 61 Posts
Saw VI is better than the last two in the series.
solidgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 solidgamer
Member since 2005 • 7542 Posts
Its better than saw5
Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Film-Guy

[QUOTE="Film-Guy"]

D3nnyCrane

I think the first one was pretty low budget, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't as low budget as Paranormal activity. Anyway the films probably now cost at least a couple of million to make, yet a film that cost less than a million to make beat it:D Then again I heard paranormal activity is getting a sequel for some reason, oh wait money thats why:P

D3nnyCrane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 D3nnyCrane

[QUOTE="D3nnyCrane"][QUOTE="Film-Guy"]

Film-Guy

I think the first one was pretty low budget, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't as low budget as Paranormal activity. Anyway the films probably now cost at least a couple of million to make, yet a film that cost less than a million to make beat it:D Then again I heard paranormal activity is getting a sequel for some reason, oh wait money thats why:P

Haha it's sad it's getting to the point that sequels are original, seeing as they're remaking every pre-1995 movie. I even heard that there's gonna be a District 10...
Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Film-Guy

[QUOTE="Film-Guy"]

[QUOTE="D3nnyCrane"] Didn't Saw start out as a zero budget movie?D3nnyCrane

Haha it's sad it's getting to the point that sequels are original, seeing as they're remaking every pre-1995 movie. I even heard that there's gonna be a District 10...

When done well I think a remake can improve on the orignal. Some examples of that are the 1982 remake of the thing, the Cronenberg remake of The Fly, The Phillip Kaufman remake of Invasion of the body snatchers from 1978, The Blob remake from the 80s, The Hills have eyes remake, the Last house on the left remake, The Dangerous Liasons remake, 12 Monkeys, A fistful of dollars, The Maltese Falcon, Cape Fear, The Man who knew too much, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, Little shop of horrors, and Ocean's 11. So there is a chance that the remakes can do well, problem is they don't most of the time these days. Some of these announced remakes for example sound pretty bad.

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/166239/55_movie_remakes_currently_in_the_works.html

Russell brand doing a remake of the classic film ARTHUR for example will suck probably, nobody can replace Dudley Moore.

D3nnyCrane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 D3nnyCrane

[QUOTE="D3nnyCrane"][QUOTE="Film-Guy"]

Film-Guy

Russell brand

I caught 6 STD's just reading his name. But yeah, it seems a remake still has more potential to ruin a good memory than it does to enhance it - I'm looking at you, Wicker Man. Also, let me throw Scarface into that list of yours...

Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Film-Guy

[QUOTE="Film-Guy"]

[QUOTE="D3nnyCrane"] Haha it's sad it's getting to the point that sequels are original, seeing as they're remaking every pre-1995 movie. I even heard that there's gonna be a District 10...D3nnyCrane

Russell brand

I caught 6 STD's just reading his name. But yeah, it seems a remake still has more potential to ruin a good memory than it does to enhance it - I'm looking at you, Wicker Man. Also, let me throw Scarface into that list of yours...

While it is very overrated and not one of Brian De Palma's best films, i still agree it was a pretty good remake. I still prefer the original but the remake was still ok. My problem with Russell Brand being in the remake is that he is nowhere near as clever as Dudley Moore. I can see why the original film appeals to Brand, but he is no Dudley Moore and I worry that he will miss the point of the original film.

Big_Bad_Sad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Big_Bad_Sad
Member since 2005 • 18243 Posts
Chances are it will be bad.
Yonkid123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Yonkid123
Member since 2009 • 77 Posts

I hate horror movies/games.

hyperkass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 hyperkass
Member since 2009 • 938 Posts

Ive heard only Saw II and Saw are better than it.

HybridPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 HybridPhoenix
Member since 2007 • 3598 Posts
I like the first one quite a bit. In terms of horror movies (I'm really not big on them, I hate suspense) it's probably one of my favorites...Then they just turn into a gorror fest..
CyleM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#23 CyleM
Member since 2004 • 2546 Posts
My wife and I liked it, it continued some of the detective work from Saw V and the ending is pretty cool
Swanogt19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#24 Swanogt19
Member since 2008 • 24159 Posts
Saw VI is better than the last two in the series.pishti_13
Sorry I disagree, IV was much better than VI. VI is by far the worst
justhat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 justhat1
Member since 2009 • 458 Posts

no stay far away

aaronmullan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#26 aaronmullan
Member since 2004 • 33426 Posts
This series is definitely a secret pleasure of mine :3
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#27 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I only liked the first 3 films.

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

I saw it on Saturday and enjoyed it. After hating Saw 5, it is nice to see the series pick the ball back up.

I think it has a new writer or director at the helm and it is the first of the sequels to actually be somewhat venterous (It is actually a commentary on the healthcare situation) and I actually enjoyed the progressing of the plot this time around.

While I am getting tired of the sequels Saw 6 was probably my 2nd fav in the series behind the 1st and it has me once again interested in the series and how it will finally end.

Swanogt19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#29 Swanogt19
Member since 2008 • 24159 Posts
[QUOTE="LostProphetFLCL"]

I saw it on Saturday and enjoyed it. After hating Saw 5, it is nice to see the series pick the ball back up.

I think it has a new writer or director at the helm and it is the first of the sequels to actually be somewhat venterous (It is actually a commentary on the healthcare situation) and I actually enjoyed the progressing of the plot this time around.

While I am getting tired of the sequels Saw 6 was probably my 2nd fav in the series behind the 1st and it has me once again interested in the series and how it will finally end.

You mean its not over? I thought things clearly wrapped up the story
Avatar image for Ultrabeatdown55
Ultrabeatdown55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Ultrabeatdown55
Member since 2008 • 15314 Posts

sammyjenkis898
Its not a slight improvement. It is a MAJOR improvement.
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 LostProphetFLCL
[QUOTE="Swanogt19"][QUOTE="LostProphetFLCL"]

You mean its not over? I thought things clearly wrapped up the story

#7 is already in developement..... And I felt that ending led up to at least one more movie....
mixmax5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 mixmax5
Member since 2006 • 2347 Posts

The last one I saw was 3 and it was pretty crappy from what I remember so I'd have to say no.

MasterBolt360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#33 MasterBolt360
Member since 2009 • 5293 Posts

I heard Saw VI is the second best in the series. (Next to Saw 1) Heard its amazing. The traps certainly make me cringe.

LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 LostProphetFLCL

The last one I saw was 3 and it was pretty crappy from what I remember so I'd have to say no.

mixmax5

So you are basing your opinion on a movie by looking back to what you thought about a different film in the same series? Worst logic ever.

Using that logic I can say that Gingers Snaps 2 isn't worth watching because the 3rd one was bad. Because most people here likely haven't seen the Ginger Snaps movies, the first 2 are great, very overlooked movies.

Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Film-Guy

[QUOTE="mixmax5"]

LostProphetFLCL

So you are basing your opinion on a movie by looking back to what you thought about a different film in the same series? Worst logic ever.

Using that logic I can say that Gingers Snaps 2 isn't worth watching because the 3rd one was bad. Because most people here likely haven't seen the Ginger Snaps movies, the first 2 are great, very overlooked movies.

I actually liked all 3. The 3rd was a bit inconsistant and silly, and the hints of incest were a bit creepy but it wasn't that bad.

LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 LostProphetFLCL

[QUOTE="mixmax5"]

Film-Guy

I actually liked all 3. The 3rd was a bit inconsistant and silly, and the hints of incest were a bit creepy but it wasn't that bad.

Eh, Ginger Snaps 3 just did nothing for me. I can't outright call it awful or anything, but it was just very mediocre and seemed like something that could have been a Sci-Fi original movie....

It also doesn't help that the first 2 movies were great, original films that I still feel are VERY under-appreciated. They are actually my fav werewolf movies.

Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Film-Guy

[QUOTE="Film-Guy"]

LostProphetFLCL

Eh, Ginger Snaps 3 just did nothing for me. I can't outright call it awful or anything, but it was just very mediocre and seemed like something that could have been a Sci-Fi original movie....

It also doesn't help that the first 2 movies were great, original films that I still feel are VERY under-appreciated. They are actually my fav werewolf movies.

I thought Ghost from 2 was one of the weirdest characters i have seen in a horror film recently. If you like Ginger snaps 1 & 2 you should watch The Company of wolves, it is my personal favorite werewolf film next to the ginger snaps movies.

LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 LostProphetFLCL

[QUOTE="Film-Guy"]

Film-Guy

I thought Ghost from 2 was one of the weirdest characters i have seen in a horror film recently. If you like Ginger snaps 1 & 2 you should watch The Company of wolves, it is my personal favorite werewolf film next to the ginger snaps movies.

Yeah Ghost is really weird, but the uniqueness of those movies is part of what makes them so awesome!

I mean come on, the 2nd movie has such a great and very unique premise to it. Such a great set-up for a good movie!

Will remember to check out The Company of Wolves. About to watch the trailer on youtube and it looks like someon put the whole movie up on youtube as well so I might just watch it there.

Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Film-Guy

[QUOTE="Film-Guy"]

[QUOTE="LostProphetFLCL"] Eh, Ginger Snaps 3 just did nothing for me. I can't outright call it awful or anything, but it was just very mediocre and seemed like something that could have been a Sci-Fi original movie....

LostProphetFLCL

Yeah Ghost is really weird, but the uniqueness of those movies is part of what makes them so awesome!

I mean come on, the 2nd movie has such a great and very unique premise to it. Such a great set-up for a good movie!

Will remember to check out The Company of Wolves. About to watch the trailer on youtube and it looks like someon put the whole movie up on youtube as well so I might just watch it there.

Its a good film, same director who made The Crying Game directed it. I also recommend his film Breakfast on pluto, it has Cillian Murphy playing a transvestite and he is weirdly attractive as a woman. A friend of mine actually saw me watching the film and when he saw Cillian wearing the blonde wig he said damn she is really hot, who is that? Needless to say he was surprised:lol:

Drakes_Fortune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Drakes_Fortune
Member since 2009 • 5259 Posts
Of course notxaos
new avatar? And dont trust metacritic. Who ****ing gives 0 score to a movie? even if saw 6 is bad no way it deserves 0.
auron_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 auron_16
Member since 2008 • 4062 Posts
Its better then 3 through 6. Its worth watchin for the storyline though :)
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 LostProphetFLCL

[QUOTE="Film-Guy"]

Film-Guy

Its a good film, same director who made The Crying Game directed it. I also recommend his film Breakfast on pluto, it has Cillian Murphy playing a transvestite and he is weirdly attractive as a woman. A friend of mine actually saw me watching the film and when he saw Cillian wearing the blonde wig he said damn she is really hot, who is that? Needless to say he was surprised:lol:

LMAO talk about an akward moment:lol: