Is Obama the best president ever?

Edited 1 year, 13 days ago

Poll: Is Obama the best president ever? (92 votes)

Yes 22%
No 76%

Do you think Obama is the best president ever?

#101 Posted by surrealnumber5 (23044 posts) -

self defense and death by drone are not the same thing, a guy saying things that are not inline with your propaganda is not the same as someone pointing a gun at you, and even if it were killing a persons family because that person does not agree with you is unjustifiable, and if you think it is justifiable how many degrees of separation does that condemnation extend in your mind?

#102 Posted by plageus900 (1225 posts) -
@MakeMeaSammitch said:

@surrealnumber5 said:

@MakeMeaSammitch: according to who? and to your question for sun, why indeed?

you do not seem to get the whole judicial process and its purpose.

sometimes police officers have to put people down who are a threat to others.

same thing right?

If someone is in the middle of killing someone or about to kill someone and the cops show up, then yes, they are going to stop the threat. But cops don't go to a murderers house and blow him away to prevent him from doing it again. He's arrested and taken to court and he goes through due process.

#103 Posted by surrealnumber5 (23044 posts) -

@plageus900 said:
@MakeMeaSammitch said:

@surrealnumber5 said:

@MakeMeaSammitch: according to who? and to your question for sun, why indeed?

you do not seem to get the whole judicial process and its purpose.

sometimes police officers have to put people down who are a threat to others.

same thing right?

If someone is in the middle of killing someone or about to kill someone and the cops show up, then yes, they are going to stop the threat. But cops don't go to a murderers house and blow him away to prevent him from doing it again. He's arrested and taken to court and he goes through due process.

*suspected* *alleged* due process and all that, just a little point of contention.

like with the when the cops shot up that blue truck with the two ladies in it looking for chris dorner, just because some jack off with a gun(or drone) has a theory it does not make them even remotely right. but we are on the same due process page.

#104 Posted by DrewB20 (12 posts) -

here's a cool grafic that pretty much sums up the issue

http://www.statista.com/statistics/281618/rating-of-us-presidents-since-eisenhower/

#105 Posted by JimB (324 posts) -

@Netret0120: What positives? I have tried to find one but I can't. He is an affirmative action president.

#106 Posted by brimmul777 (1435 posts) -

I can't believe there is 24% approval rating.Still to high.Quite a few of you Americans are so dense.

#107 Posted by MakeMeaSammitch (4485 posts) -

Well, we're just going to argue in circles. My opinion is that in extreme circumstance, due process should be suspended.

He was a terrorist on another countries soil. Had we tried to capture him, soldiers could have died, and he would have likely never returned to this country. In the mean time, he would have planned another attack and people could have died.

So I just put the values of whatever lives would have been saved over due process.

#108 Posted by plageus900 (1225 posts) -

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

Well, we're just going to argue in circles. My opinion is that in extreme circumstance, due process should be suspended.

He was a terrorist on another countries soil. Had we tried to capture him, soldiers could have died, and he would have likely never returned to this country. In the mean time, he would have planned another attack and people could have died.

So I just put the values of whatever lives would have been saved over due process.

If he were on native soil, would you have condoned a drone strike?

#109 Edited by metalgrinch (455 posts) -

The economy was bad when he took the presidency; now it's far worse. Next two years I wouldn't give any real hope, things'll be much more crippled considering his moronic facist health plan and war against the middle class. I thought this question was a joke.

#110 Edited by MakeMeaSammitch (4485 posts) -

@plageus900 said:

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

Well, we're just going to argue in circles. My opinion is that in extreme circumstance, due process should be suspended.

He was a terrorist on another countries soil. Had we tried to capture him, soldiers could have died, and he would have likely never returned to this country. In the mean time, he would have planned another attack and people could have died.

So I just put the values of whatever lives would have been saved over due process.

If he were on native soil, would you have condoned a drone strike?

no, if his location was known, police, swat, ect. could have captured him.

#111 Posted by surrealnumber5 (23044 posts) -

@MakeMeaSammitch: drones have operators, their location was known that is why they died.

but as long as your god says they were bad that is all you need to justify their deaths.

#112 Posted by -Sun_Tzu- (17384 posts) -

@metalgrinch said:

The economy was bad when he took the presidency; now it's far worse. Next two years I wouldn't give any real hope, things'll be much more crippled considering his moronic facist health plan and war against the middle class. I thought this question was a joke.

lol

#113 Posted by MakeMeaSammitch (4485 posts) -

@surrealnumber5 said:

@MakeMeaSammitch: drones have operators, their location was known that is why they died.

but as long as your god says they were bad that is all you need to justify their deaths.

I'm not religious.

Capturing him would have meant troops on the ground, and some soldiers may have died.

I put more value on their lives than a terrorists rights.

#114 Edited by Aljosa23 (25782 posts) -

No, but he's still better than any modern day Republican and much better than any Libertarian wacko.

#115 Edited by surrealnumber5 (23044 posts) -

@MakeMeaSammitch: the US has military bases all over the world, if they cant be used to protect the rights of its citizens then what is their point? and your god says men should die and you follow, you sir are religious.

#116 Edited by metalgrinch (455 posts) -

@brimmul777 said:

I can't believe there is 24% approval rating.Still to high.Quite a few of you Americans are so dense.

Agreed.

#117 Posted by -Sun_Tzu- (17384 posts) -

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

@surrealnumber5 said:

@MakeMeaSammitch: drones have operators, their location was known that is why they died.

but as long as your god says they were bad that is all you need to justify their deaths.

I'm not religious.

Capturing him would have meant troops on the ground, and some soldiers may have died.

I put more value on their lives than a terrorists rights.

You put more value on their lives than the lives of innocent civilians as well?

#118 Posted by MakeMeaSammitch (4485 posts) -

@surrealnumber5 said:

@MakeMeaSammitch: the US has military bases all over the world, if they cant be used to protect the rights of its citizens then what is their point? and your god says men should die and you follow, you sir are religious.

he was a terrorist.

#119 Edited by MakeMeaSammitch (4485 posts) -

@-Sun_Tzu- said:

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

@surrealnumber5 said:

@MakeMeaSammitch: drones have operators, their location was known that is why they died.

but as long as your god says they were bad that is all you need to justify their deaths.

I'm not religious.

Capturing him would have meant troops on the ground, and some soldiers may have died.

I put more value on their lives than a terrorists rights.

You put more value on their lives than the lives of innocent civilians as well?

you're not even trying. Both of you are getting trollish, so i'm done here.

you know my views, and I'm glad the terrorist is dead.

#120 Posted by comp_atkins (31877 posts) -

@metalgrinch said:

The economy was bad when he took the presidency; now it's far worse. Next two years I wouldn't give any real hope, things'll be much more crippled considering his moronic facist health plan and war against the middle class. I thought this question was a joke.

*syntax error*

#121 Edited by Master_Live (15568 posts) -

Remember kids:

Loading Video...
#122 Posted by nomsayin (1346 posts) -

Obama is ass

#123 Posted by surrealnumber5 (23044 posts) -

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

@surrealnumber5 said:

@MakeMeaSammitch: the US has military bases all over the world, if they cant be used to protect the rights of its citizens then what is their point? and your god says men should die and you follow, you sir are religious.

he was a terrorist.

he was innocent until proven guilty in a court of law by a jury of his peers.

#124 Edited by plageus900 (1225 posts) -

@surrealnumber5 said:

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

@surrealnumber5 said:

@MakeMeaSammitch: the US has military bases all over the world, if they cant be used to protect the rights of its citizens then what is their point? and your god says men should die and you follow, you sir are religious.

he was a terrorist.

he was innocent until proven guilty in a court of law by a jury of his peers.

If you're a threat to the US Government, you don't have rights. Duh! :D

PS. In the US Declaration of Independence, it discusses the natural right to revolution. If a government is not performing to the desires of the people, it is the people's right and OBLIGATION to remove and replace said government.

Imagine that now. If that were to happen, we'd all be targeted for drone strikes.

#125 Edited by coasterguy65 (6211 posts) -

The man was never really qualified to be President and it shows. He is by far the worst President I can remember and I can remember back to Nixon. It's going to take a really long time for this country to recover after he leaves office. My grand kids will probably still be paying off his spending.

#126 Posted by Serraph105 (28459 posts) -

@metalgrinch said:

The economy was bad when he took the presidency; now it's far worse. Next two years I wouldn't give any real hope, things'll be much more crippled considering his moronic facist health plan and war against the middle class. I thought this question was a joke.

By what measure? Certainly not by a measure of unemployment.

http://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS14000000

#127 Posted by surrealnumber5 (23044 posts) -

@Serraph105 said:

@metalgrinch said:

The economy was bad when he took the presidency; now it's far worse. Next two years I wouldn't give any real hope, things'll be much more crippled considering his moronic facist health plan and war against the middle class. I thought this question was a joke.

By what measure? Certainly not by a measure of unemployment.

http://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS14000000

http://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS11300000

#128 Posted by Jacobistheman (3975 posts) -

@BattleSpectre said:

Obama is a monkey, George Bush was a fucking baboon.

You do realize that a baboon is a type of monkey, right?

#129 Posted by Jacobistheman (3975 posts) -

@Netret0120 said:

Yes We can.

I believe JFK was more popular and well received but Obama has his positives too. Bush was a disaster.

People would've hated JFK if he hadn't been assassinated. His approval rating was dropping like crazy after it peaked during the cuban missile crisis and there was good chance he would not have been reelected (and his policies were pretty similar to Kennedy and people ended up hating that guy.

#130 Edited by PinkiePirate (1951 posts) -

@lamprey263 said:

no...

Hahaha. That Fox News chart.

#131 Posted by PinkiePirate (1951 posts) -

Is he the best? No.

Is he the worst? Also no.

The President has become nothing more than a figure head. All of congress needs to either die or retire. We need fresh young minds running our country, not a bunch of old hags that cling to the ideas of the past. Our founding fathers are from a time before world trade, the internet and the advent of modern technology. America is a young country that needs to get over itself and grow up.

#132 Posted by BattleSpectre (6802 posts) -

@Jacobistheman said:

@BattleSpectre said:

Obama is a monkey, George Bush was a fucking baboon.

You do realize that a baboon is a type of monkey, right?

Yeah I'm calling them both monkeys. But I wanted to make George Bush sound worse, he's an asshole.

#133 Posted by samanthademeste (1226 posts) -

@PinkiePirate said:

Is he the best? No.

Is he the worst? Also no.

The President has become nothing more than a figure head. All of congress needs to either die or retire. We need fresh young minds running our country, not a bunch of old hags that cling to the ideas of the past. Our founding fathers are from a time before world trade, the internet and the advent of modern technology. America is a young country that needs to get over itself and grow up.

by "fresh young minds" do you mean a bunch of pseudo-intellectual hipster teenagers?

#134 Edited by plageus900 (1225 posts) -

@samanthademeste said:

@PinkiePirate said:

Is he the best? No.

Is he the worst? Also no.

The President has become nothing more than a figure head. All of congress needs to either die or retire. We need fresh young minds running our country, not a bunch of old hags that cling to the ideas of the past. Our founding fathers are from a time before world trade, the internet and the advent of modern technology. America is a young country that needs to get over itself and grow up.

by "fresh young minds" do you mean a bunch of pseudo-intellectual hipster teenagers?

Preferably some college know-it-alls that have the answers to world hunger and world peace.

#135 Posted by theone86 (20555 posts) -

@jimkabrhel said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@ariabed said:

@jimkabrhel: so who was the best president? which president do you know that could please everyone all of the time?

Implying Obama pleases everybody. LOL What a fucking joke.

Reading comprehension is your friend. That's not what he was suggesting, rather the opposite. That no President could please everyone. But that's beside the point too. Obama isn't even pleasing the base that elected him, let alone the other side which is actively stonewalling hi at every turn.

Obama hasn't been helped by a useless Congress, but a good, dynamic President would find ways to overcome that, and not just let his/her agenda be sunk.

Ugh, the base can go suck a lemon. I honestly don't know how or why Democrats got suckered into bashing their own President (whose policies, by the way, they seem to mostly support) but I honestly can't stand it. Do you care about environmental protection? An equitable tax code? A strong economic security net? Opportunities for higher education? Decent policy on primary and secondary education? Increased access to healthcare? If you don't then by all means, keep bashing President Obama. We'll buy right into the conservative echo chamber and ensure the Congress gets handed right over to Paul Ryan and the Republicans (maybe the Presidency as well) and then we'll be on the losing side of all of those issues. I know most Democrats don't agree with everything the President has done, but it's better to actually make some progress on these issues rather than just get steamrolled and sent back to square one. You do remember the Bush Presidency, do you not? You do remember Clinton-era environmental reforms being demolished, taxes being slashed at the worst possible time, education policy going off the rails? We're primed for far worse than that. Look at Ryan's budget and the House bills that are being passed, if that's what you want for this country then keep throwing President Obama under the bus. Not agreeing with everything President Obama does is understandable, as is voicing that disagreement. What isn't understandable is not defending him when you do agree with something he does, and then going even farther and jumping on the Obama-bashing bandwagon.

#136 Edited by Master_Live (15568 posts) -

@theone86 said:

@jimkabrhel said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@ariabed said:

@jimkabrhel: so who was the best president? which president do you know that could please everyone all of the time?

Implying Obama pleases everybody. LOL What a fucking joke.

Reading comprehension is your friend. That's not what he was suggesting, rather the opposite. That no President could please everyone. But that's beside the point too. Obama isn't even pleasing the base that elected him, let alone the other side which is actively stonewalling hi at every turn.

Obama hasn't been helped by a useless Congress, but a good, dynamic President would find ways to overcome that, and not just let his/her agenda be sunk.

taxes being slashed at the worst possible time

Is there ever a good time to slash taxes?

#137 Posted by samanthademeste (1226 posts) -

@plageus900 said:

@samanthademeste said:

@PinkiePirate said:

Is he the best? No.

Is he the worst? Also no.

The President has become nothing more than a figure head. All of congress needs to either die or retire. We need fresh young minds running our country, not a bunch of old hags that cling to the ideas of the past. Our founding fathers are from a time before world trade, the internet and the advent of modern technology. America is a young country that needs to get over itself and grow up.

by "fresh young minds" do you mean a bunch of pseudo-intellectual hipster teenagers?

Preferably some college know-it-alls that have the answers to world hunger and world peace.

Yeah, the type who walk around saying; "hurr durr, institutions are evil."

#138 Posted by AutoPilotOn (8571 posts) -

One of the worst as far as I am concerned. I am sure he isn't worst though but no where near best. I can't wait till he is done.

#139 Posted by kemar7856 (11512 posts) -

better then FDR ????TF

#141 Posted by surrealnumber5 (23044 posts) -

@plageus900 said:

@samanthademeste said:

@PinkiePirate said:

Is he the best? No.

Is he the worst? Also no.

The President has become nothing more than a figure head. All of congress needs to either die or retire. We need fresh young minds running our country, not a bunch of old hags that cling to the ideas of the past. Our founding fathers are from a time before world trade, the internet and the advent of modern technology. America is a young country that needs to get over itself and grow up.

by "fresh young minds" do you mean a bunch of pseudo-intellectual hipster teenagers?

Preferably some college know-it-alls that have the answers to world hunger and world peace.

stop shooting people and grow more food, the path to world peace and the end to hunger.

#142 Posted by hippiesanta (9981 posts) -

why so many thread delete here?? oprah's conspiracy??

#143 Posted by theone86 (20555 posts) -

@Master_Live said:

@theone86 said:

@jimkabrhel said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@ariabed said:

@jimkabrhel: so who was the best president? which president do you know that could please everyone all of the time?

Implying Obama pleases everybody. LOL What a fucking joke.

Reading comprehension is your friend. That's not what he was suggesting, rather the opposite. That no President could please everyone. But that's beside the point too. Obama isn't even pleasing the base that elected him, let alone the other side which is actively stonewalling hi at every turn.

Obama hasn't been helped by a useless Congress, but a good, dynamic President would find ways to overcome that, and not just let his/her agenda be sunk.

taxes being slashed at the worst possible time

Is there ever a good time to slash taxes?

Probably not slash, but a good time to lower taxes is during economic downturns (that is if there's not already a funding issue within the government). There might not be a good time to slash taxes, but there are better times than others. At the same time that you're conducting two wars and paying for a medicare expansion is probably the worst time you can pick.

#144 Edited by samanthademeste (1226 posts) -

@brimmul777:

He's a Democrat. That excuses everything.

#145 Posted by TruthTellers (3393 posts) -

No, probably one of the 10 worst presidents behind Carter, Wilson, Hoover, LBJ, Nixon, and Harding

#146 Posted by Young_Charter (19951 posts) -

@Masculus said:

He's the best black president... Oh, wait, that was Clinton.

YES !!! I ABSOLUTELY FUCKING SAID THIS !!! EXACTLY !

#147 Edited by Behardy24 (5324 posts) -

#148 Posted by sSubZerOo (43803 posts) -

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@reaper4278 said:

@ariabed said:

@jimkabrhel: so who was the best president? which president do you know that could please everyone all of the time?

Ronald Reagan was probably the most "liked" president on both sides of the aisle in modern history.

This is true, but I like him less now that the most unlikeable people imaginable continuously refer to themselves as "Reagan Republicans". They completely misunderstand what made Reagan popular and it drives me insane.

Reagan wouldn't even fit into the Republican party now, with how extreme the party has become..

#149 Posted by AFBrat77 (24213 posts) -

@Masculus said:

He's the best black president... Oh, wait, that was Clinton.

Lincoln

#150 Edited by Sephir0th_ (1377 posts) -

@AutoPilotOn said:

One of the worst as far as I am concerned. I am sure he isn't worst though but no where near best. I can't wait till he is done.