Is Obama the best president ever?

• 140 results
Edited 5 months, 12 days ago

Poll: Is Obama the best president ever? (92 votes)

Yes 22%
No 76%

Do you think Obama is the best president ever?

#1 Edited by bobaban (10554 posts) -

No.

#2 Edited by Serraph105 (27813 posts) -

George W. Bush was the greatest and Obama sucks.

#4 Posted by plageus900 (993 posts) -

People actually voted yes?

Must be teh trolls.

#5 Posted by themajormayor (25698 posts) -

No, Shimon Peres is better.

#6 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

Not even close.

#7 Posted by The-Apostle (12166 posts) -

He's far closer to the bottom.

#8 Posted by lostrib (34316 posts) -

That would be a resounding no

#9 Posted by The-Apostle (12166 posts) -

Obama is a monkey, George Bush was a fucking baboon.

I think you have it backwards. >_>

#10 Posted by IMAHAPYHIPPO (2563 posts) -

Never... It's been a long time since we've had a good president, and people who think Clinton was a good president aren't well informed. The economy was booming because he started giving out home loans to anybody who wanted them, and now those people are buried in debt, which is the big reason it crashed during the Bush era.

#11 Posted by Makhaidos (1613 posts) -

I'm gonna go ahead and say yes. Just to see what happens.

#12 Posted by Ryagan (484 posts) -

No.

#13 Posted by Masculus (2829 posts) -

He's the best black president... Oh, wait, that was Clinton.

#14 Posted by plageus900 (993 posts) -

I'm gonna go ahead and say yes. Just to see what happens.

;)

Not being a Democrat myself, I'd still say John F. Kennedy was one of the best.

#15 Posted by CountBleck12 (22649 posts) -

Of course not.

#16 Edited by mgools (892 posts) -

I would think that at this point most who voted for Obama want a major do over. I voted no, and would put him as one of the worst to date. Lie about health insurance (can keep your doctor, can keep your insurance, etc). I need to be able to trust my president.

#17 Posted by hippiesanta (9804 posts) -

Obama is the most Guilty Pleasure president of USA.

he got the vote because he's black .... just like the president on "deep Impact" and "Armageddon" movie

#18 Posted by bambisss (26 posts) -

No, Shimon Peres is better.

yep no rapes, and he falls asleep while people talk to him

#19 Posted by Netret0120 (2028 posts) -

Yes We can.

I believe JFK was more popular and well received but Obama has his positives too. Bush was a disaster.

#20 Posted by elkoldo (1009 posts) -

If the question is only concerning American presidents, well, I don't know.

But if it concerns all the presidents around the world in all ages, without the slightest doubt, Ahmadinejad is the best.

#21 Posted by jimkabrhel (15417 posts) -

Obvious troll topic. And not he's not even close. Below average at best.

#22 Posted by Ariabed (1102 posts) -

@jimkabrhel: so who was the best president? which president do you know that could please everyone all of the time?

#24 Posted by RadecSupreme (4639 posts) -

I don't think he's the best, but he's far from the worst. I don't eat up the conservative shit put out everyday that everyone else swallows up. He has his many faults and has done a lot of dumb stuff, but he's also done good things and has tried his best to move the country forward in a progressive light. I say this as an independent.

#26 Posted by jimkabrhel (15417 posts) -

@ariabed said:

@jimkabrhel: so who was the best president? which president do you know that could please everyone all of the time?

Implying Obama pleases everybody. LOL What a fucking joke.

Reading comprehension is your friend. That's not what he was suggesting, rather the opposite. That no President could please everyone. But that's beside the point too. Obama isn't even pleasing the base that elected him, let alone the other side which is actively stonewalling hi at every turn.

Obama hasn't been helped by a useless Congress, but a good, dynamic President would find ways to overcome that, and not just let his/her agenda be sunk.

#27 Posted by Ariabed (1102 posts) -

@jimkabrhel: yes that's what I meant glad we have someone with some brains around here.

I reckon cos Obama is a black man congress is making his job hard, they don't want to see a black president do a better job than the previous white president. Just sayin

#28 Posted by jimkabrhel (15417 posts) -

@ariabed said:

@jimkabrhel: yes that's what I meant glad we have someone with some brains around here.

I reckon cos Obama is a black man congress is making his job hard, they don't want to see a black president do a better job than the previous white president. Just sayin

I think the race aspect is overplayed. The GOP has moved further to the right for more than a decade and that cannot be attributed to fighting Obama. The Tea Party isn't helping either. I'm sure there are some politicians who don't like having a minority President, but it's not many.

#29 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (6918 posts) -

Saying Obama is the best president of all time is like saying SNIPER4321 is the greatest poster in the history of this site.

#30 Posted by ad1x2 (5502 posts) -

If you go to the neighborhood I grew up in a lot of people there will probably tell you yes. But on the other hand, most of them never followed politics until they found out Obama was running.

I remember in JROTC in the mid-90s our instructor asked one girl who the commander in chief was and she needed help figuring out it was Clinton. Then, when she was asked who the vice president is she guesses Bush I.

#31 Posted by Reaper4278 (337 posts) -

@ariabed said:

Ronald Reagan was probably the most "liked" president on both sides of the aisle in modern history.

#32 Posted by Master_Live (14167 posts) -

Yes.

#33 Edited by Brain_Duster (388 posts) -

I think so.

#34 Posted by Braun_Roid_Rage (719 posts) -

Maybe to the gays.

#35 Edited by plageus900 (993 posts) -

@elkoldo said:

But if it concerns all the presidents around the world in all ages, without the slightest doubt, Ahmadinejad is the best.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha.

I'm pretty sure most Iranians thought he was a piece of shit. Even the supreme leader, Ali Khamenei, seemed displeased with him.

#36 Posted by elkoldo (1009 posts) -

@elkoldo said:

I'm pretty sure most Iranians thought he was a piece of shit. Even the supreme leader, Ali Khamenei, seemed displeased with him.

The phrase piece of shit won't even begin to describe that sick,unbalanced,psychopathic jerk-off.He was being strongly supported by Khamenei throughout his career (including the 2009 election) ,except the last year of his 8-year era.

#37 Posted by MonsieurX (29490 posts) -

Lincoln was way better

#38 Edited by foxhound_fox (87640 posts) -

Whether it was his choice or not, his involvement in the proliferation of data-mining, invading the privacy of the public and automated warfare make him one of the worst.

#39 Posted by plageus900 (993 posts) -
@elkoldo said:

@plageus900 said:

@elkoldo said:

The phrase piece of shit won't even begin to describe that sick,unbalanced,psychopathic jerk-off.He was being strongly supported by Khamenei throughout his career (including the 2009 election) ,except the last year of his 8-year era.

I'm sorry. :(

#41 Posted by Makhaidos (1613 posts) -

@Masculus said:

He's the best black president... Oh, wait, that was Clinton.

Correct. Obama's the gay president.

#42 Posted by GazaAli (22503 posts) -
#43 Edited by bforrester420 (1340 posts) -

I'm left of center, politically, and I don't believe Obama is top 10. Most of the issues are not his fault. Most of the issues lay in how divided the two parties have become over the past 20 years. It's become impossible for any president to accomplish their agenda when the other party acts in an obstructionist manner. I would definitely put the following ahead of Obama (in no particular order):

Lincoln, Eisenhower, Washington, Jefferson, FDR, Clinton, Teddy Roosevelt, Truman, Wilson, and probably JFK.

I'm on the fence on Reagan. He did some good, but his administration also did some real long term harm (War on Drugs escalation, Iran-Contra, CIA/Crack, trickle-down economics, Savings and Loan scandal, support of Saddam Hussein, etc). I could be argued that both Reagan and George H.W. Bush should have been tried for treason over the Iran-Contra affair.

#46 Edited by rgsniper1 (9341 posts) -

Wow, how times have changed. I remember not that long ago there would have been one guy arguing against 20 about Obama. These are crazy times, crazy times indeed.

#47 Posted by brimmul777 (1134 posts) -

Obama,the best president?In witch country?

#48 Posted by elkoldo (1009 posts) -

@rgsniper1: Who would be defending Obama? The one, or the twenty?

#49 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (13392 posts) -

Hell no.

#50 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (6973 posts) -

@ariabed said:

Ronald Reagan was probably the most "liked" president on both sides of the aisle in modern history.

This is true, but I like him less now that the most unlikeable people imaginable continuously refer to themselves as "Reagan Republicans". They completely misunderstand what made Reagan popular and it drives me insane.