Is my mom being communist?

• 96 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#51 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts

gsg

Sorry TC, no hope for you.

GazaAli

omg rolf rolf here we go

Bigboss232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52 Bigboss232
Member since 2006 • 4997 Posts

Hmm this thread needs a Liberty Prime Giff.

tomo90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 tomo90
Member since 2005 • 2245 Posts

Call McCarthy Immediatly!

SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#54 SaudiFury
Member since 2007 • 8709 Posts

your mom is totally being a communist.

please report her treachery and sedition to Senater Joseph McCarthy's office in Wisconsin.

his address is 42, Wallaby Way.

Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

is she hot?

MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#56 MushroomWig
Member since 2009 • 11625 Posts

Right, because being a communist is suuuch a bad thing. :roll:

Wolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Wolls
Member since 2005 • 19119 Posts

Dont think so, maybe she feels you just dont diverse a large gift like that and that you should work harder for you things....kinda capitalist even

Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Overlord93
Member since 2007 • 12602 Posts
Firstly, wtf has this to do with her political beliefs, secondly, how old are you TC?
ShadowJax04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#59 ShadowJax04
Member since 2006 • 3351 Posts
To anyone who thinks this is good parenting, I have had gifts from my grandparents (among others) and I still know the value of a dollar. You can raise a kid without being completely strict and chances are he still wont turn into a whiny brat as long as you know how to raise your kid. Still, some parents just want to pass on what they believe is right but I never agreed with trying to force ideologies on my own kids. :)
Planet_Pluto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Planet_Pluto
Member since 2011 • 2235 Posts

Calling your mom a "strict little hag" makes me think you're immature.

How about this; go look for a job. Make some money, and buy your own clothes and everything else your heart desires and be more or less self-sufficient and stop whining that your mom doesn't take you shopping or buy you a lot of stuff. If you're old enough to feel entitled to things that are not necessities, you're old enough to work for them. XilePrincess

With the little information provided in the OP, this sounds about right.

Beyond that, may I ask, why don't you see your aunt and uncle that often? Do they live far away? Or do they just not visit with you often. If the latter is the case, and they are just trying to purchase your affection, I think your mom made the right choice.

jimmyjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 jimmyjammer69
Member since 2008 • 12239 Posts
Lol, no, your mom isn't a communist; she's a fascist.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

Communism is a classless and stateless society. I don't see how being overly strict when it comes to spoiling her children is in any way communism.

Sandulf29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Sandulf29
Member since 2010 • 14330 Posts
I am compelled to ask at this point, how old are you son?
surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#64 surrealnumber5
Member since 2008 • 23044 Posts

i must have missed the part where she called you an equal, took all of your stuff, gave you back a small fraction of your stuff, and told you how lucky you are to have such a good comrade who is willing to share your stuff with you, as no capitalist pig dog would have shared your stuff with you......

Cataclism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Cataclism
Member since 2007 • 1537 Posts

Your mother is just trying to prevent you from being a shallow consumerist ghoul.

ZEYAAM898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#66 ZEYAAM898
Member since 2009 • 1921 Posts
I get very few new clothes every 6 months, i am happy, here in Pakistan on Eid this same thing happens relatives come and give money to chirldren while their parents say"Oh there is no need for this" and the child is like "wah wait. . . . " so basically its nothing but a lesson to you, save money and buy things u like for yourselves. I am 16 and i have saved 6000 Rs in 1 year, now i can buy almost anything i want. Learn to save. My mom and dad didnt gave me a lesson nor did they treated me like typical parents, they loved me but then they changed when my dad got transferred and i learned this saving thing the hard way so u have good parents, learn from them otherwise you wont be prepared for practical life! Oh and may i ask How old are you?
DraugenCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#67 DraugenCP
Member since 2006 • 8486 Posts

I don't see how that has to do with communism. She's probably just trying to teach you how to use money responsibly, which is always a good thing to teach your children. I'd say your mother is taking it a bit far, though. When someone wants to buy you a gift, let them. Unless when you start considering this normal and expect people to give you expensive gifts all the time.

junglist101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 junglist101
Member since 2007 • 5517 Posts

Sounds like your mom has the right idea but she should have let them buy you the gift. Either way alot of kids are treated MUCH worse than you are by your mom so I would have a little respect and not call her a communist on a web forum which by your use of the word I'm not sure you even know what your saying.

The last year of info available for deaths by child abuse and neglect in the US is 4.8 children per DAY in 2007 so maybe you should be thankful you have a mom who cares.

lowkey254

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#69 lowkey254
Member since 2004 • 6031 Posts

well you shouldn't run away from home. just become a success story and get whatever you want/need whenever you want/need it.

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#70 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

Teaching kids a good value system is just code for "Too f***ing greedy and cheap to spend any of OUR money on him."

Oh well, you'll move out someday.

UniverseIX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 UniverseIX
Member since 2011 • 989 Posts

I wish my mum were a commie.

Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Teenaged
Member since 2007 • 31764 Posts

TC's first thought "she's a communist!"

Oh man...

Anyway she is probably trying to teach you that money must be earned or something like that. That's my guess.

So, no, unfortunately, I dont think you have a communist mother.

-Tish-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#73 -Tish-
Member since 2007 • 3624 Posts
Kids misusing the word "communist" always give me a good laugh.
comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38674 Posts
you should definitely run away from home. it doesn't sound like your mom loves you at all..
StrifeDelivery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 StrifeDelivery
Member since 2006 • 1901 Posts

[QUOTE="StrifeDelivery"]

In this thread: People avoid the topic at hand and go after the TC's use of the word communist. Luckily he didn't say the word gay or otherwise people would be posting "how is your mom acting like a homosexual?"

chessmaster1989

Oh man, the thread title asks whether his Mom is a communist and people answer that, what a shock!

To me it looked like he waas just trying to make it out as a pejorative. It's kind of like how the term gay began to have connotations outside of its actual definition. Unless he was actually trying to glean a political stance, I'm taking it as I see it: a young guy using the term as a pejorative.

weezyfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 weezyfb
Member since 2009 • 14703 Posts
a true capitalist would have nodded and praised his mother and then asked for the cash behind her back
22Toothpicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 22Toothpicks
Member since 2005 • 12546 Posts
I feel ya. Mom asked me to take out the trash last night. I mean that's kinda what Stalin did to his people.Wilfred_Owen
The parallels are uncanny! :O While growing-up I was forced to keep my own room clean! Damn commies! :x
Necrifer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Necrifer
Member since 2010 • 10629 Posts

No. However, she is being a ****.

22Toothpicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 22Toothpicks
Member since 2005 • 12546 Posts

Necrifer
I'm sorry, did you say runt? Or something of the like? >_>
Necrifer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Necrifer
Member since 2010 • 10629 Posts

[QUOTE="Necrifer"]

22Toothpicks

I'm sorry, did you say runt? Or something of the like? >_>

lol, no. It starts with a b. I just let the censor do its thing.

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 surrealnumber5

a true capitalist would have nodded and praised his mother and then asked for the cash behind her backweezyfb
you cannot have a capitalist view without a capital structure, what has been purchased or acquired for the future production of a good in this instance? oh wait, youre just trying to slander capitalism by making up a tale completely uncharacteristicof what youre attempting to critique

mAArdman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 mAArdman
Member since 2003 • 1612 Posts

She's being a religion.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

[QUOTE="weezyfb"]a true capitalist would have nodded and praised his mother and then asked for the cash behind her backsurrealnumber5

you cannot have a capitalist view without a capital structure, what has been purchased or acquired for the future production of a good in this instance? oh wait, youre just trying to slander capitalism by making up a tale completely uncharacteristicof what youre attempting to critique

Or he is making a joke to a hilarious thread that has nothing to do with capitalism or communism WHAT so ever.

weezyfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 weezyfb

[QUOTE="weezyfb"]a true capitalist would have nodded and praised his mother and then asked for the cash behind her backsurrealnumber5

exactly. Just like the Tc's mom is a communist for not allowing to get gifts.

trastamad03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 trastamad03
Member since 2006 • 4859 Posts
COMRADE MOM! [cue lowering banner w/ Stalin's face on it]
surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 surrealnumber5

[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"]

[QUOTE="weezyfb"]a true capitalist would have nodded and praised his mother and then asked for the cash behind her backweezyfb

and he did so as a kid not knowing better, he has already had just about everyone tell him that is not what communism is, stepping down to the level of a kid who was uninformed just so you can purposefully misinform him about another topic is down right spiteful.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 comp_atkins
Kids misusing the word "communist" always give me a good laugh. -Tish-
adults misusing it is always much more amusing. especially politicians
DeX2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 DeX2010
Member since 2010 • 3989 Posts
How is that commuinist? She is just doing what she thinks is right, and that is that she wants you to value money, not just spend $300 for the sake of it. Communism, for future reference is a system of social organisation where all property is given to the community or state. It is based on Karl Marx's vision where everyone is equal, but as history has shown us, human nature works against this: Lenin and Trotsky tried to implement communism in soviet russia and what did they get? Josef Stalin - a mad dictator guilty of crimes against humanity and genocide.
comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 comp_atkins

[QUOTE="weezyfb"]

[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"] you cannot have a capitalist view without a capital structure, what has been purchased or acquired for the future production of a good in this instance? oh wait, youre just trying to slander capitalism by making up a tale completely uncharacteristicof what youre attempting to critique

surrealnumber5

and he did so as a kid not knowing better, he has already had just about everyone tell him that is not what communism is, stepping down to the level of a kid who was uninformed just so you can purposefully misinform him about another topic is down right spiteful.

woooosh! there goes the fun vacuum. :P
surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 surrealnumber5

[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"]

[QUOTE="weezyfb"]

comp_atkins

the job of an accountant is never done

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 comp_atkins

[QUOTE="comp_atkins"][QUOTE="surrealnumber5"] and he did so as a kid not knowing better, he has already had just about everyone tell him that is not what communism is, stepping down to the level of a kid who was uninformed just so you can purposefully misinform him about another topic is down right spiteful.

surrealnumber5

the job of an accountant is never done

that's better.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#92 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
She probably wants to make sure you don't get spoiled. There's a saying, though "all work and no play makes jack a dull boy."
Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#93 Kinthalis
Member since 2002 • 5503 Posts

Look, TC, I'll give you the straight dope and bypass the whole communist thing, though really, look up the word. It doesn't mean what you think it means.

What your uncle/Aunt did was wrong. You do not give expensive presents to someone's child without FIRST speaking to the parent about it. You certainly don't then engage the parent in an argument over the way they are raising their kid, right in front of said kid. You'll understand the why's and hows when you're older, and maybe contemplating having kids of your own. But let's just say that it's not something you do in a polite society.

I know it sucks that someone wanted to give you something you really wanted and your mom said no, but it happens to all of us. Sometimes it's justified sometimes it's not. But until your responsabilities begin rising to the level of those of an adult and you have a job and place to live and you aren't mooching off your parents, them's the breaks buddy.

We've all been there, and likely, your kids will be too. You and your wife will probably have a set of ideals/rules you want to use with your kids, and odds are your kids are going to hate them, no matter how reasonable or important you think they are. Probably one of them will come into a gaming forum board and call you a communist.

Ahh the great circle of life.

::Cue Lion King Music::

:)

weezyfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 weezyfb

[QUOTE="weezyfb"]

[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"] you cannot have a capitalist view without a capital structure, what has been purchased or acquired for the future production of a good in this instance? oh wait, youre just trying to slander capitalism by making up a tale completely uncharacteristicof what youre attempting to critique

surrealnumber5

1. i don`t read all posts and even if i did i am well within my rights to reiterate what was said

2. its a joke

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts
Run away now before it's too late.
surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 surrealnumber5

[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"]

[QUOTE="weezyfb"]

weezyfb

1. i don`t read all posts and even if i did i am well within my rights to reiterate what was said

2. its a joke

you have every right to lower your self to whatever level you want and to actas ahorridhuman as you want, just dont get mad when someone else calls you out on it..... actually you have every right and means to get mad at it, just dont expect popular sympathy for degrading your self.