Is marijuana prohibition going down?

• 134 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#101 Posted by jwsoul (5297 posts) -

[QUOTE="jdc6305"]

I started smoking weed when I was 14 I quit when I was 21. Everytime I smoke I get super paranoid. I was a heavy smoker I smoked 10 or more joints a day for years. I ended up in a psychosis from heavy use. I've gained a new appreciation for reality. I not one for telling other people what they can or can't do. Personally I hate drug addicts. 

Fightingfan

You probably were paranoid because you were doing something illegal.

Ignorance is bliss. No it also caused myself to suffer from severe anxiety for a period. Like **** and Alcohol it has negative side effects and does effect the brain. I believe this can be more severe in some people than others i also believe the effects mostly go by unknown by the user and then bang suddenly you have a major issue. Would be coolo if the laws in the UK in my case were relaxed but people just do things in excess no matter what! Legal or illegal! Generally it would be better legailised just no smoking in Public and some kind of control on the amount a user can have per month!

#102 Posted by Rich3232 (2754 posts) -

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"][QUOTE="jdc6305"]

I started smoking weed when I was 14 I quit when I was 21. Everytime I smoke I get super paranoid. I was a heavy smoker I smoked 10 or more joints a day for years. I ended up in a psychosis from heavy use. I've gained a new appreciation for reality. I not one for telling other people what they can or can't do. Personally I hate drug addicts. 

jwsoul

Ignorance is bliss. No it also caused myself to suffer from severe anxiety for a period. Like **** and Alcohol it has negative side effects and does effect the brain. I believe this can be more severe in some people than others i also believe the effects mostly go by unknown by the user and then bang suddenly you have a major issue. Would be coolo if the laws in the UK in my case were relaxed but people just do things in excess no matter what! Legal or illegal! Generally it would be better legailised just no smoking in Public and some kind of control on the amount a user can have per month!

So, because it affected you negatively, you are willing to put down arbitrary restrictions that do nothing?
#103 Posted by worlock77 (22547 posts) -

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"][QUOTE="jdc6305"]

jwsoul

Why should there be any kind of limit, and what do you honestly think that would accomplish?

#104 Posted by CKYguy25 (2180 posts) -

i thought it's been down for awhile now

#105 Posted by leviathan91 (7763 posts) -

Thought I'd post this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFC2IZe04EY

Nibroc420

There should be a Leonhart prohibition. Listening to her made me stupid.

#106 Posted by brickdoctor (9746 posts) -

It's definitely more relaxed than it used to be. Hell, my work doesn't have drug tests because every single employee and both owners do it. You can even buy it from half the people.

#107 Posted by Adrianstalker (1467 posts) -

Do people still get thrown into jail for weed possession? Or just some community services? Does it hold on your record permanently?

Here in Brazil weed is illegal, but it won lead into jail if you get caught using it or holding, and if you play your cards right, no criminal records as well. But we still have a long way to go and I want to see weed completely legal as well   

#108 Posted by Guybrush_3 (8308 posts) -

Do people still get thrown into jail for weed possession? Or just some community services? Does it hold on your record permanently?

Here in Brazil weed is illegal, but it won lead into jail if you get caught using it or holding, and if you play your cards right, no criminal records as well. But we still have a long way to go and I want to see weed completely legal as well   

Adrianstalker

It depends on the state/city you are in.

#109 Posted by Yusuke420 (2793 posts) -

Ex-DEA want legal action taken against the beatiful new legal states of Washington and Colorado. Link

Now why do you think they are doing this? It's because they all have their hands in cookie jars that will take a hit if the legalazation movement spreads. One of them works for an agency that adminsters employment drug tests, another works for a prescription drug company. It's obvious they have no interest in messing up their money and that is their only consern, forget state and personal rights when it comes down to the almighty dollar bill. 

#110 Posted by worlock77 (22547 posts) -

Ex-DEA want legal action taken against the beatiful new legal states of Washington and Colorado. Link

Now why do you think they are doing this? It's because they all have their hands in cookie jars that will take a hit if the legalazation movement spreads. One of them works for an agency that adminsters employment drug tests, another works for a prescription drug company. It's obvious they have no interest in messing up their money and that is their only consern, forget state and personal rights when it comes down to the almighty dollar bill. 

Yusuke420

Ex-DEA. Key word there: "ex". Meaning they no longer have any authority. Meaning it doesn't matter what they think.

#111 Posted by Rich3232 (2754 posts) -
Has Holder made a statement on WA and CO legalizing cannabis yet?
#112 Posted by Yusuke420 (2793 posts) -

Has Holder made a statement on WA and CO legalizing cannabis yet? Rich3232
Publicly? No, but in private talks with the heads of the respective governments, he basically gave them the green light to at least see how it goes. Expect no interferance from the feds on this. 

#113 Posted by Rich3232 (2754 posts) -

[QUOTE="Rich3232"]Has Holder made a statement on WA and CO legalizing cannabis yet? Yusuke420

Publicly? No, but in private talks with the heads of the respective governments, he basically gave them the green light to at least see how it goes. Expect no interferance from the feds on this. 

Mhm, that's good news indeed. Hopefully, he won't do what Obama did and turn around and raid the dispensaries in Co and WA.
#114 Posted by Yusuke420 (2793 posts) -

[QUOTE="Yusuke420"]

[QUOTE="Rich3232"]Has Holder made a statement on WA and CO legalizing cannabis yet? Rich3232

Mhm, that's good news indeed. Hopefully, he won't do what Obama did and turn around and raid the dispensaries in Co and WA.

Indeed, I take him at his word for now though as both states have been able to continue with each step of the process. Dispensaries have already started to covert into recreational sales. It won't be long before the advertisement for cannibus tourism begins and that will be a glorious day indeed. Finally shedding the shackles of oppression!

#115 Posted by Rich3232 (2754 posts) -

[QUOTE="Rich3232"][QUOTE="Yusuke420"] Publicly? No, but in private talks with the heads of the respective governments, he basically gave them the green light to at least see how it goes. Expect no interferance from the feds on this. 

Yusuke420

Indeed, I take him at his word for now though as both states have been able to continue with each step of the process. Dispensaries have already started to covert into recreational sales. It won't be long before the advertisement for cannibus tourism begins and that will be a glorious day indeed. Finally shedding the shackles of oppression!

I really, really hope so. Been far too long.
#116 Posted by Adrianstalker (1467 posts) -

[QUOTE="Rich3232"][QUOTE="Yusuke420"] Publicly? No, but in private talks with the heads of the respective governments, he basically gave them the green light to at least see how it goes. Expect no interferance from the feds on this. 

Yusuke420

I think it's already on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rwP3zj2GHc

#117 Posted by Rich3232 (2754 posts) -

[QUOTE="Yusuke420"]

[QUOTE="Rich3232"] Mhm, that's good news indeed. Hopefully, he won't do what Obama did and turn around and raid the dispensaries in Co and WA. Adrianstalker

I think it's already on

I'm convinced.
#118 Posted by Yusuke420 (2793 posts) -

[QUOTE="Adrianstalker"]

[QUOTE="Yusuke420"] Indeed, I take him at his word for now though as both states have been able to continue with each step of the process. Dispensaries have already started to covert into recreational sales. It won't be long before the advertisement for cannibus tourism begins and that will be a glorious day indeed. Finally shedding the shackles of oppression!

Rich3232

I think it's already on

I'm convinced.

My body has been ready for a very long time. 

#119 Posted by Rich3232 (2754 posts) -

[QUOTE="Rich3232"][QUOTE="Adrianstalker"]

I think it's already on

Yusuke420

I'm convinced.

Seriously, tho, that's gotta be some good sh*t if they can laugh that hard for that long.
#120 Posted by SpinoRaptor24 (9997 posts) -
I hope not. I already have enough problems with alcoholics I don't need to deal with more intoxicants.
#121 Posted by Rich3232 (2754 posts) -
[QUOTE="SpinoRaptor24"]I hope not. I already have enough problems with alcoholics I don't need to deal with more intoxicants.

Good thing you don't have to worry about that with cannabis.
#122 Posted by InEMplease (6342 posts) -

[QUOTE="SpinoRaptor24"]I hope not. I already have enough problems with alcoholics I don't need to deal with more intoxicants.Rich3232

Just have to worry about leaving snack items lying around.  Those Doritos and Oreos won't stand a chance.

#123 Posted by Guybrush_3 (8308 posts) -

[QUOTE="Rich3232"][QUOTE="SpinoRaptor24"]I hope not. I already have enough problems with alcoholics I don't need to deal with more intoxicants.InEMplease

Just have to worry about leaving snack items lying around.  Those Doritos and Oreos won't stand a chance.

My roomate once stole my hotpockets when he was high. Damn him!!!!!!111!!!!1one!!!!

#124 Posted by Nibroc420 (13567 posts) -
[QUOTE="Yusuke420"]

[QUOTE="Rich3232"] I'm convinced. Rich3232

Seriously, tho, that's gotta be some good sh*t if they can laugh that hard for that long.

Or a really funny person behind the camera :P
#125 Posted by mzopfkeuc (6 posts) -
Legalization is a one-sided issue. After all, when was the last time someone didn't smoke weed and supported it being legalized?
#126 Posted by Rich3232 (2754 posts) -
Legalization is a one-sided issue. After all, when was the last time someone didn't smoke weed and supported it being legalized?mzopfkeuc
Many.
#127 Posted by mzopfkeuc (6 posts) -
[QUOTE="mzopfkeuc"]Legalization is a one-sided issue. After all, when was the last time someone didn't smoke weed and supported it being legalized?Rich3232
Many.

Prove it.
#128 Posted by KHAndAnime (13877 posts) -

[QUOTE="mzopfkeuc"]Legalization is a one-sided issue. After all, when was the last time someone didn't smoke weed and supported it being legalized?Rich3232
Many.

Didn't someone just link to Penn earlier in this thread? The whole world doesn't consist of children thankfully, so there are a lot of people out there who support freedoms that they don't take advantage of personally. Troll attempt?

Link

you ruse, gud day sir

#129 Posted by Nibroc420 (13567 posts) -
[QUOTE="Rich3232"][QUOTE="mzopfkeuc"]Legalization is a one-sided issue. After all, when was the last time someone didn't smoke weed and supported it being legalized?KHAndAnime
Many.

Didn't someone just link to Penn earlier in this thread? The whole world doesn't consist of children thankfully, so there are a lot of people out there who support freedoms that they don't take advantage of personally. Troll attempt?

He has 5 posts and joined yesterday. Can it be any more obvious?
#130 Posted by Motokid6 (5718 posts) -

jdc6305

O man... 14?! Thats the problem. You were WAY to young. Damn.. school must have been hell. Weed puts the f**k it in you. So at 14.. your brain AND body are still developing. So YES at that age smoking pot WILL do damage. That was foolish. I waited until i was 18 in my senior year of high school. Ive been smoking MJ pretty much every day since for about 4 years now. And I could not be better. Seriously.. 14 is WAY TO YOUNG. If your gonna start smoking MJ then you MUST wait until atleast after highschool if not later. Wait. Wait as long as you can. The older you start smoking ( if u must combust ) the better.

Hell i like smoking so much that ive made it a hobby of mine. And over the past 4 years i have refined this hobby. I no longer smoke MJ. I do not set it on fire. I vaporize it. Its as healthy as can be. I cannot STAND smoke. Its like swallowing a handful of needles. 2 years of setting the stuff on fire took its toll on my health. Nothing bad. I just felt like crap for the longest time. Bad, chronic migraines. Dizziness. Just.. as if i was hunger over all the time. That and i went from being able to hold my breathe under water for 3 minutes to not even one. 

So i got myself a silver surfer vaporizer. And it is just.. the bees knees. The taste.. is like the smell! Its smooth, its like breathing in butter. Since then my health is BETTER then what it was before i ever started smoking. This... plant. This.. weed that just grows in the ground like any other. It is nothing to be afraid of. And if you found yourself not enjoying the activity then maybe its not for you. It is not for everyone. Everyone is different and everyone will have a different experience. You have to be smart about it. I have had a new appreciation for life since i started consuming MJ. Not only did it help sky rocket my social life, but MJ.. helped me find my true passion. Astronomy. I like living... and if i could live out the rest of life smoking pot, looking through the eyepiece of a telescope each night i can easily say. I could die happy.

#131 Posted by Ernesto_basic (2123 posts) -

It certainly seems to be the trend, right? There are certainly strong arguments in favor of decriminalizing it, considering we once prohibited the use of alcohol as well.

#132 Posted by MrPraline (21321 posts) -
The argument that only "potheads" care about legalisation is a joke. I haven't touched weed since chilling in the playground behind my old high school. Must've been 14 or 15. Long time ago (not for people like mzopfkeuc though).
#133 Posted by GreySeal9 (24447 posts) -

Must've been 14 or 15. Long time ago (not for people like mzopfkeuc though).MrPraline

lol

#134 Posted by Guybrush_3 (8308 posts) -

Legalization is a one-sided issue. After all, when was the last time someone didn't smoke weed and supported it being legalized?mzopfkeuc

It's really not uncommon.