Is Jonah Hill best comedy actor amongst newers ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

I'm very impressed with Jonah Hills recent perfomances in 21 Jump Street,This is the end, specially The Wolf of Wall Street . Is Jonah Hill currently best comedy actor amongst newest actors OT ? Or is it Zach Galifianakis? Both bloody good actors i say.

P.S-

Please don't compare Jonah Hill with Adam Sandler, Jim Carrey or Will Ferrell ETC as they all vet and far more superior comedy actors :)

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Nope.

Neither are

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59071 Posts

I'm gona go with Jim Carrey as far as "a comedian" and "an actor".

Yea, he's been around for a while, he's still great imo. Also Cable Guy is underrated like ****.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 indzman

@uninspiredcup said:

I'm gona go with Jim Carrey as far as "a comedian" and "an actor".

Yea, he's been around for a while, he's still great imo. Also Cable Guy is underrated like ****.

I meant amongst new actors. Jim Carrey of course is easily one the best and vet of all times lol

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#5 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59071 Posts

I dono but I hope no one says Russel Brand.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

I think he is alright and I don't consider Adam Sandler to be superior anything.

LittleMac19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 LittleMac19
Member since 2009 • 1638 Posts

Adam Sandler is horrible lol

Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts

So you ask if Jonah Hill is the best, but then ask everyone to exclude three other actors because you think they're better?

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

Right now I think the Brits are dominating the comedy genre.

Steve Coogan, Ricky Gervais, etc

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10  Edited By deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

I think that sort of does a disservice to Hill's acting. Recently he has done more than just comedy and has shown he has the acting chops for more serious roles like Moneyball. He's definitely one of the most interesting actors today, though.

I don't really know who I would consider just a comedy actor these days since actors are typecast less and less. Maybe Seth Rogan?

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 indzman

@Sword-Demon said:

So you ask if Jonah Hill is the best, but then ask everyone to exclude three other actors because you think they're better?

i meant if Jonah is best amongst newest comedy actors LOL

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

No, not even close

moloch999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13 moloch999
Member since 2014 • 155 Posts

My vote is for tyler perry. Madea cracks me up.

nayo931

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14 nayo931
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I would have to vote Seth Rogan

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

TC I would suggest re-wording the topic. I understand what you mean (Is Jonah Hill the best newer comedy actor) but it isn't worded that way and you felt the need to say to not compare him to veteran comedy actors.

Anyways, Jonah Hill has definitely been in a lot of good stuff lately and I definitely like him as an actor. As for being the best newer comedic actor, IDK. Seth Rogan I think is probably better.

As someone mentioned though, just labeling Jonah as a comedic actor is doing a disservice to him considering he has had some solid serious roles (Moneyball is a pretty damn great sport movie!).

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 indzman

@LostProphetFLCL said:

TC I would suggest re-wording the topic. I understand what you mean (Is Jonah Hill the best newer comedy actor) but it isn't worded that way and you felt the need to say to not compare him to veteran comedy actors.

Anyways, Jonah Hill has definitely been in a lot of good stuff lately and I definitely like him as an actor. As for being the best newer comedic actor, IDK. Seth Rogan I think is probably better.

As someone mentioned though, just labeling Jonah as a comedic actor is doing a disservice to him considering he has had some solid serious roles (Moneyball is a pretty damn great sport movie!).

Yup, you understood me :)

On topic: i need to see Moneyball asap then , star cast is awesome in this movie too. Can't beleive i missed it lol.

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

@indzman said:

@LostProphetFLCL said:

On topic: i need to see Moneyball asap then , star cast is awesome in this movie too. Can't beleive i missed it lol.

You should! Is a very cool movie! I love that it is about the off-the-field stuff rather than the on-the-field stuff and I really find the topic interesting. The idea of somebody coming onto the scene and using a radically different approach to team building to put together a team that surprises everyone is just really cool.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 indzman

@LostProphetFLCL said:

@indzman said:

@LostProphetFLCL said:

You should! Is a very cool movie! I love that it is about the off-the-field stuff rather than the on-the-field stuff and I really find the topic interesting. The idea of somebody coming onto the scene and using a radically different approach to team building to put together a team that surprises everyone is just really cool.

Thanks for the info. I love sports drama movies too, will see it soon :)

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts

not a fat chance for jonah hill. he look like Katty Bates.

and american/canadian comedy doesnt work anymore in this new millenium

TarmacChris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 TarmacChris
Member since 2005 • 1670 Posts

Anyone from the main cast of 'This Is The End' including Seth Rogan, James Franco, Jonah Hill, Danny McBride or Craig Robinson. I'd also extend that to a lot of Apatow crew like Jason Segal etc. Far better than the 'Rat Pack' bunch of Ben Stiller, Owen Wilson etc who's comedic prime seems to have far passed.

That said, they're all far far far beyond the untalented and lazy likes of Adam Sandler and his whole 'crew'.

punisher1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 punisher1
Member since 2004 • 3290 Posts

I hate jonah hill. Just something wrong about that guy. Every interview and movie I see him in he just comes off as skieve. Like you know he is up to something he should not be involved with. The kind of person you would never trust.